New Game is Coming From Ratalaika Games! ;)

Devil_Max

3 hours ago, slammajamma28 said:

Those with negative comments: y’all do realize that Ratalaika doesn’t actually make these games and they just port games to the Sony platforms? This game was made by a guy who I’m sure appreciates the additional the exposure and he can probably see people already calling the game ‘hot garbage’ and ‘shit’. A lot of work goes into making games and trashing an entire game because you don’t like a trophy list is ignorant.

Then all the promoters should maybe stop advertising it as an easy platinum. This thread says "New Game is Coming From Ratalaika Games! ;)". This implies certain associations, If the thread would say "New Game is coming from Rockstar Games" it would imply something as well. Just totally different expectations. The game wasn't advertised as what it is actually about. While the guy behind it is probably happy that he found a publisher, he should also know what Ratalaika is known for and expect these reactions. The negative association comes from Ratalaika not him.

• Like 1

Just now, LLegend_Fox said:

Yes they are, DLC trophies are instantly added to your unearned trophies.

Well anybody that doesn't mind having quad stacks of 98% rarity trophies shouldn't mind having an incomplete game on their list.  I mean you're still not forced to buy it.  Nobody cares if you have high completion if you rarity is above 50%   Anybody can have high completion playing iron snort pig or whatever.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, steel6burgh said:

Well anybody that doesn't mind having quad stacks of 98% rarity trophies shouldn't mind having an incomplete game on their list.  I mean you're still not forced to buy it.  Nobody cares if you have high completion if you rarity is above 50%   Anybody can have high completion playing iron snort pig or whatever.

Lmao, touché. Time in my life is small due to school etc. So i can only really a decent amount of points by playing easy stuff. I like playing a longer game from time to time but i would need like 2 weeks break.

Just now, LLegend_Fox said:

Lmao, touché. Time in my life is small due to school etc. So i can only really a decent amount of points by playing easy stuff. I like playing a longer game from time to time but i would need like 2 weeks break.

I'm not talking about you personally I'm talking in general.  

42 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

I'm not talking about you personally I'm talking in general.  

Because i'm the only person in the world who has something like school or a job? hmmmm

18 minutes ago, Kezzai said:

Still not forcing you to buy DLC.

Basically yes they are, some games completely halt your progress down to a crawl.

11 minutes ago, LLegend_Fox said:

Because i'm the only person in the world who has something like school or a job? hmmmm

Basically yes they are, some games completely halt your progress down to a crawl.

Any examples?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LLegend_Fox said:

yeah you're the only person in the whole world who has a job.  Damn, it's like having a conversation with a door knob.  You started defending your play choices and why you play what you play and I was simply stating that I was making a general assumption not a personal assumption about you because I never looked at your list.  You could have had Wolfenstein 2 stacked for all I Knew.    

The exposure a developer can get by publishing through Ratalaika is amazing, I wish I had a title I could do something with.

It's all win for the developer:

The initial appeal is to the easy trophy seekers.

The secondary appeal is to the cheap, fun or quick game crowd(s).

The third appeal to the trendy crowd who notice some game they never heard of seems to be popular.

Then the developer has a bunch of sales data for their title they can pitch to an investor or company to get more resources to create a larger title. Their titles get between 4 and 5 stars on the Playstation store so the majority of Playstation gamers just see inexpensive titles with good ratings.

Brilliant!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Any examples?

no examples because what he's saying doesn't make any sense.  On one hand he's saying that your forced to buy dlc for AAA titles to get 100% completion but you're not forced to buy ratalaka stacks to chase the leaderboards.  I'd like to see the leader stay the leader without playing the weekly 4 tack from Rata!  We're talking over 4500 gamer score which can take me over a month to achieve they can achieve in a afternoon. people argue we can buy and rata can sell whatever they want.  I agree.  that isn't the argument we're trying to make.  We're saying there should be some sort of requirements for a game to have a trophy list or that common platinums should be ignored for the leaderboards.  However, I'm guessing that would put Rata out of business because despite what great games the people defending Rata say they are, they wouldn't be buying them if it wasn't for the cheap platinum. 

• Like 2

It was a fun little cheap game that I played while listening to a podcast. Of course I bought it because it was an easy plat, but the gameplay looked like something I'd enjoy for a short time and I did. I don't mind their games. I'll double stack them if they are enjoyable. I'll never stack different regions though. I don't want my trophy list to have the same game 6 times, but to each is own. People should do what they want and like. Some of their games are luck based and tedious so I won't play it again. You could argue I'm wasting my money for digital trophies, but it's like $3-4 a week. I'm not going to lose sleep over that. For every long or difficult game I play, it's fine having a little game that gives me a break (with a nice shiny plat as well).

Edited by Lilseb93

6 hours ago, Devil_Max said:

Hi Again Everyone!

I Inform the Game are Now in the American Store (4,99 $ with 20 % Discount are Now 3,99$ ) and European Store the Price are 4,99 €! :D

Dont No if the Asian Store have now the Game! :S

Cya Soon Everyone! ;)

What an obvious sales pitch. 

Can’t even type properly. I’m sorry but you’re going to have to do better at shilling if you’re going to get people to buy Rat Game products. 

It’s already too late, so who am I kidding?

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 0:51 PM, zenovka said:

I'm curious why everyone gets so hot over another rata game. Every gamer has their own taste. I have no interest in sekiro or dark souls , but do you see me bashing them ? No because everyone has their own taste . I play the games I want regardless of public opinion because it's what I want to play . 

To be fair Dark souls and Sekiro took more than 5 minutes to make and 20 minutes to complete.

On 01/05/2019 at 3:30 AM, steel6burgh said:

you're lucky you're getting games for the price you are today.  Do you have any idea how much a game was back in 1990?  The same as it is today, 59.00!  How do you think the gaming industry has been able to keep that price?  By getting some people to pay more by offering more content or micro transactions.  You ever watch the credits role after a game and see how many people that are involved in making a AAA game?  Credits can roll 30 minutes for some of these games. Video games are about one of the only things that haven't went up in price but don't worry I'll keep buying the additional content for the games i like so you can keep on paying 59.99.  A simple thanks would suffice.   I'd pay a extra 30.00 to get  season pass for a AAA title any day of the week over buying a quad stack of the same game that lasts  half an hour.  Good excuse though buying shit games to get back at the gaming industry for shoving DLC price tags down your throat.  As good as an excuse as any.  There really aren't a lot of things that can keep a person occupied 50 to 150 hours for 59.99 I consider it cheap entertainment.

no you're just forced to buy the game 4 times so you can keep up with the leaderboards.  Can't compete if you buy them all once while the competition is 4 stacking them.

This.

I paid top dollar for Assassin's Creed Odyssey and its season pass (one game among others) and have currently put in 107 highly enjoyable hours. 

My other big hobby is football. That's soccer to you Yanks. Anyway, it costs me and my lad roughly half the cost of what I've spent in total on ACO to attend one match. A match lasts 90 minutes. 

I could never give up football, but I have trouble with the idea that big budget video games aren't good value compared to other hobbies. They are good value, in general. Unless of course you're the sort who spends 12hrs a day on a game until it's done (not healthy at all).

2 hours ago, JPageMartin36 said:

My other big hobby is football. That's soccer to you Yanks. Anyway, it costs me and my lad roughly half the cost of what I've spent in total on ACO to attend one match. A match lasts 90 minutes. 

I could never give up football, but I have trouble with the idea that big budget video games aren't good value compared to other hobbies. They are good value, in general. Unless of course you're the sort who spends 12hrs a day on a game until it's done (not healthy at all).

Agreed. This is an argument I've made with many people. There is a high sunk cost for a game with a huge DLC, no doubt. But even for a game that's $100, you get 20+ hours out of it (and that's really conservative).

By comparison, I used to be an avid comic collector. Comics are $3.99 for standard issues, and often $4.99 for bigger ticket (Batman, e.g.). I finish reading a comic in about 15 minutes. Sure, I have the comic around afterwards, and sure, it could go up in value, but really, that's not nearly so great as a video game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fluffy-Vulpix said:

I might get this game at some point just because it seems like a relaxing game from what I’ve seen and I don’t care if I get easy platinums I just play games to have fun 

you lot really need need to calm down a bit this is getting ridiculous tbh

Well, I bought the game for less than a pint of beer or 2 hours for parking a car, was gutted there's no vita version, and I can honestly say it's no where near as exciting as race the sun, or arty like unfinished swan, it's a pretty hateful game really.

I completed the endless mode trophies quick enough, then played the infinite continue main game. The doors and speed rings ruined it for me. Not relaxing, just clunky and annoying.

Personally I'd like every game ever made to be available on PS4, so I can choose what my mood dictates, but this game is pretty awful tbh, and that's coming from a frequent buyer of Rat-released games 

I respect everyone's opinion about Ratalaika Games. But keep complaining about it, doesn't stop them, but making them more motivated, because it's selling like burgers. I am not against these easy platinums, but they could make the trophy list a bit better. Although, i do them anyway, since the price is fair for these. And i like that they give the Vita version mostly for free on each title so you can get that extra double up. So i'm not gonna hate on it. :)

On ‎01‎.‎05‎.‎2019 at 9:24 PM, Devil_Max said:

Hi Again Everyone!

I Inform the Game are Now in the American Store (4,99 $ with 20 % Discount are Now 3,99$ ) and European Store the Price are 4,99 €! :D

Dont No if the Asian Store have now the Game! :S

Cya Soon Everyone! ;)

I platinumed it. I Need more Ratalaika Games. Next Week maybe?

11 hours ago, TheMightyImp2 said:

Well, I bought the game for less than a pint of beer or 2 hours for parking a car, was gutted there's no vita version, and I can honestly say it's no where near as exciting as race the sun, or arty like unfinished swan, it's a pretty hateful game really.

I completed the endless mode trophies quick enough, then played the infinite continue main game. The doors and speed rings ruined it for me. Not relaxing, just clunky and annoying.

Personally I'd like every game ever made to be available on PS4, so I can choose what my mood dictates, but this game is pretty awful tbh, and that's coming from a frequent buyer of Rat-released games 

I’m still getting regardless of what others say about the game xD