Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Trailer

DrakeHellsing

4 minutes ago, NightRusticDawn said:

Will probably watch it as a rental down the line more out of a curiosity about Jim's decision to be in the movie.

Much like me, I'll probably rent it once it's available to do so.

But Jim Carrey looks like he's having fun in this movie and might be the saving grace of this.

Doubting he'll return as Robotnik though (if this gets a sequel, you never know), as I think it's said that Jim Carrey doesn't like doing sequels or something like that.

I got a gut feeling that this will suck.

First of all, this movie looks really comparible to detective pikachu, which is one of my most anticipated movie this year. However where I get a nostalgic, charming and a what if? feeling from the pikachu trailers. I got a general tryhard feeling from the sonic trailer. 

My initial idea what I hoped for was a movie based on the cartoon (sonic X) from years back. But I guess that is not the case which is a shame.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I'm alone on the Internet in thinking it looks fun lol. 

No, you’re not. Seen a few people like that and last I looked likes were even with the dislikes. You’ll never be the only person who thinks something on the internet.

Im certainly not among those who think favourably toward this though. Looks like garbage to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

I hope redlettermedia does a half in the bag about this movie, it’ll be the funniest thing about it 

It will be great seeing Rich or Jay try to make sense of the character and source material for Mike. But I think the biggest question is what episode of Star Trek it reminds him of.

• Like 1

I think Jim Carrey looks good as Dr. Robotnik, but Sonic looks like an abomination. I thought the detective Pikachu live action looked okay, not good, but okay (except Mr. Mime), but Sonic just looks dumb. It's like they couldn't choose between making him look like a human or a hedgehog so they created a Frankinstein monster instead.

I also felt like the meow joke and child joke were super cringe-worthy. I hope that's not the best jokes they can come up with.

34 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Might be the only thing that makes it watchable. But his transformation at the end is the stuff of nightmares, just as much as Sonic. Lol.

Agreed. When I heard about this movie, Jim Carrey was who I imagined as Dr. Robotnik. His slapstick comedy just matches him perfectly.

• Like 1

This will make the super mario bros movie look a masterpiece xD , Sonic is just so ugly and a hideous abomination, i have no hopes that this movie is gonna be nothing but a colossal failure 

• Like 1

I will reserve tickets, show up on opening day and sit in the best possible seat in the theater to be able to watch this marvelous catastrophe play out on screen! I'm HYPED! If nothing else Jim Carrey will save the day as usual, he usually has a lot of fun on set and this looks no different. :D

16 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Might be the only thing that makes it watchable. But his transformation at the end is the stuff of nightmares, just as much as Sonic. Lol.

I mean the rumor is that's literally from the end/post credits.