Summer 2019 Backlog Challenge

Mission 100%: Summer 2019 Backlog Challenge

Special thanks to @damon8r351 @colinmazzini and @ShadowStar83x for their parts in hosting the challenge!

If you're like me, you've got an insanely large backlog and have no good reason you keep putting it off and watching it grow. Why not do something about it? Like previous backlog challenges, this event is a challenge to the community to select between 5 and 25 games from your backlog and complete them to 100% starting 00:01 AM EST June 1 and ending at 23:59 US EST on August 31. If you complete the maximum of 25 before the end of the challenge, you can add up to 5 more games for a total of 30.

Now, here are the details and rules. 

• Event Philosophy: This is a firm commitment to complete the games you say you will within the time limit, so choose games you know you can finish, and select a manageable number. The minimum for the event is 5 games, and the maximum is 25. If you finish 25 games, you can add up to five more. You can change your games as much as you want until 23:59 EST on May 31. After the event begins, you can make a one-time swap of one game as long as you haven't worked on it during the challenge. If you decide to readd the game you swap, you can swap another title. I will check if you change it to make sure you follow the rules. If you want to add more games to your list or want to continue after finishing your list, you can add games to your list up to the maximum. The object is not to just earn the platinum as applicable, but to reach 100% trophy completion for it. DLC is included and you will have to complete any new DLC that's released during the challenge. If you don't like DLC, don't put a game with it on your list.
  • Eligible Games: Any game with trophies are eligible for the event, with a few exceptions. One game can have a completion percentage of up to 30%, but the rest must be 25% or under. Unreleased games are fine as long as they're released and you buy them within the challenge's timeframe. Standalone DLC (like Uncharted: The Lost Legacy) is acceptable as long as it's not part of another trophy list. If it is (Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare for example), you have to also complete the other trophies. You can also do a game where 100% is unobtainable if you feel strongly about it, but you must complete all obtainable trophies. Individual episodes of a game that has separate trophy lists, such as in early Telltale games or Broken Sword on the Vita, count as a single game; therefore, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse counts as 1 game, not 5. For this event, you may complete a game you have previously done for a different platform or region before the start of this event, but you may not do the same game multiple times during this event. Cross-saving a game for an easy completion will also be ineligible.
  • Eligible Participants: Anyone is eligible to participate, provided you are serious about completing the games you say will. However, if you have flagged games on your PSNProfile, you are banned from participating unless you hide the games, get unflagged, or use a different profile. No cheating! Also, if you change your PSN ID, please let me know so I can update you on the list.

Participation list

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 4

I'm gonna start with 5 and add more once those are done.

Danganronpa 1・2 Reload - 25%

LEGO The Lord of the Rings - 7%

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (PS4 Version) - 0% I started the PS3 version back in 2011 and have that at 16% but now I have all the Naruto games on PS4 so I'll be playing that version

Gravity Rush Remastered - 0% I haven't started this one yet but it's been sitting in my library for a bit and I plan to play it soon

Sleeping dogs Definitive Edition - 23%

These are the games I have decided to go with at first. I'll go wihth these because there are a couple games that I'm gonna clear up with higher percentages before the event starts

Edited by silver_pigy

2 hours ago, silver_pigy said:

I'm gonna start with 5 and add more once those are done.

Danganronpa 1・2 Reload - 25%

LEGO The Lord of the Rings - 7%

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (PS4 Version) - 0% I started the PS3 version back in 2011 and have that at 16% but now I have all the Naruto games on PS4 so I'll be playing that version

Gravity Rush Remastered - 0% I haven't started this one yet but it's been sitting in my library for a bit and I plan to play it soon

Sleeping dogs Definitive Edition - 23%

These are the games I have decided to go with at first. I'll go wihth these because there are a couple games that I'm gonna clear up with higher percentages before the event starts

You're the first to officially sign up. :yay:

57 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I will sign up this time.

List now or later?

• Like 1

PSN: bodigard

i need to do this very badly and with the new job and better lifestyle im definitely down for this.  I'll let you know the games beforehand.  

GAMES I HAVE SELECTED:

1. space hulk deathwing
  2. zombi
  3. strike vector ex
  4. valkyria chronicles
  5. reverie
  6. we happy few
  7. shadow of the tomb raider
  8. sao: fatal bulett
  9. days gone
  10. sky time
  11. blasting agent
  12. marvel ultimate alliance
  13. vampyr
  14. AC:R
  15. seasons after fall
  16. shadwen
  17. earthlock
  18. the raven - :platinum:
  19. invizimals
  20. RDR
  21. Rocketbirds: hardboiled chicken
Edited by bodigard

11 hours ago, Fat Chocobo said:

Eligible Games: Any game with trophies are eligible for the event, with a few exceptions. One game can have a completion percentage of up to 30%, but the rest must be 25% or under. Unplayed games and 0% games are fine as long as they're part of your backlog.

Can you specify what it means for a game to be part of my backlog? My backlog is huge (enough for at least a few years if I don't buy more games and quit my job to play games, more if I don't), but most of these games are not on my account as I don't want 0% games there. Do I need to add them to my account to show I actually own the game & that it is part of my backlog? Or is wanting to complete a game enough for you to consider it part of my backlog?

Other than that, not sure if this event is one I should join. While I want to work on my backlog and generally 100% games, I don't want to decide what games to play months in advance. It's too much of a hobby for me to do that, if I don't feel like playing a game, then I just don't do it. It's not unlikely that I'll end up ignoring some games in favor of other games and fail the Summer 2019 Backlog Challenge. I could give you a list of games I might want to play for the event, it just wouldn't ensure I'll actually play any of the games.

Considering the Event Philosophy, I don't think I should sign up. Your thoughts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

Can you specify what it means for a game to be part of my backlog? My backlog is huge (enough for at least a few years if I don't buy more games and quit my job to play games, more if I don't), but most of these games are not on my account as I don't want 0% games there. Do I need to add them to my account to show I actually own the game & that it is part of my backlog? Or is wanting to complete a game enough for you to consider it part of my backlog?

Other than that, not sure if this event is one I should join. While I want to work on my backlog and generally 100% games, I don't want to decide what games to play months in advance. It's too much of a hobby for me to do that, if I don't feel like playing a game, then I just don't do it. It's not unlikely that I'll end up ignoring some games in favor of other games and fail the Summer 2019 Backlog Challenge. I could give you a list of games I might want to play for the event, it just wouldn't ensure I'll actually play any of the games.

Considering the Event Philosophy, I don't think I should sign up. Your thoughts?

It is more honor system. You don’t need to prove that a certain title is part of your backlog. Unless of course it has not been released yet?.

I would start with a small amout. Five games to see if it is a fit for you. And its not like there is a penalty if you decide later on that this is not for you or you do not finish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

Pretty much anything goes. :P Like I said, I have no way of knowing unless it's on your profile, so I trust you.

• Like 1

I would like to sign up too this time. I was planning to join in spring but with knowing ahead how busy I was gonna be with work (still busy) that wasn't an option. Things should go back to somewhat normal after May so I can focus a bit more on gaming hopefully. And most likely I can have a little vacation time (to play more games :D) in Aug. Ok here is my list (all of them on my profile except Slaps and Beans as that won't load a trophy list until I earn a trophy I guess and a couple of them won't show till I update my profile):

S837011.pngSe5f7b6.pngS86c9da.pngS640ea9.pngS3cdff1.pngSd92069.png

• Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back [PS4] - 0%
    • As a Crash fan I got the N-Sane Trilogy when it came out. Finished the first game right away. It's time to start the second one.
  • God of War [PS3] - 0%
    • Started playing the series (a while ago) in chronological order. Ascension and Chains are done, the original is next. A bit scared of the trials/challenges (whatever they're called) as I heard they could be a pain in the ass, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
  • Final Fantasy XV [PS4] - 28%
    • Already started this game but with limited time right now I've stopped as I can't sink a good amount of time into it at one time. Comrades is done thankfully (it was quite fun actually) and I have all DLC except the newest (Ardyn) which I'll have to buy at some point.
  • Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps and Beans [PS4] - 0%
    • I grew up with their movies and still love them to this day. So naturally I had to get the game when it released.
  • Project Cars [PS4] - 18%
    • Planning to make it my 160th :platinum:. I'm well into the community events and if it doesn't glitch on me I should have it sometime in July.
  • Days Gone [PS4] - 0%
    • Pre-ordered the game but it's just been sitting in front of me for the same reason FFXV is. I was really looking forward to it too. I read there are some bugs in the game so maybe it's not such a bad idea I put it off for a while till they iron them out. If I do get the chance I will prolly start the game early and if I get above 25% before the event starts I'll just remove it from my list (I'll still have 5).

10 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

I would like to sign up too this time. I was planning to join in spring but with knowing ahead how busy I was gonna be with work (still busy) that wasn't an option. Things should go back to somewhat normal after May so I can focus a bit more on gaming hopefully. And most likely I can have a little vacation time (to play more games :D) in Aug. Ok here is my list (all of them on my profile except Slaps and Beans as that won't load a trophy list until I earn a trophy I guess and a couple of them won't show till I update my profile):

S837011.pngSe5f7b6.pngS86c9da.pngS640ea9.pngS3cdff1.pngSd92069.png

• Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back [PS4] - 0%
    • As a Crash fan I got the N-Sane Trilogy when it came out. Finished the first game right away. It's time to start the second one.
  • God of War [PS3] - 0%
    • Started playing the series (a while ago) in chronological order. Ascension and Chains are done, the original is next. A bit scared of the trials/challenges (whatever they're called) as I heard they could be a pain in the ass, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
  • Final Fantasy XV [PS4] - 28%
    • Already started this game but with limited time right now I've stopped as I can't sink a good amount of time into it at one time. Comrades is done thankfully (it was quite fun actually) and I have all DLC except the newest (Ardyn) which I'll have to buy at some point.
  • Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps and Beans [PS4] - 0%
    • I grew up with their movies and still love them to this day. So naturally I had to get the game when it released.
  • Project Cars [PS4] - 18%
    • Planning to make it my 160th :platinum:. I'm well into the community events and if it doesn't glitch on me I should have it sometime in July.
  • Days Gone [PS4] - 0%
    • Pre-ordered the game but it's just been sitting in front of me for the same reason FFXV is. I was really looking forward to it too. I read there are some bugs in the game so maybe it's not such a bad idea I put it off for a while till they iron them out. If I do get the chance I will prolly start the game early and if I get above 25% before the event starts I'll just remove it from my list (I'll still have 5).

Added

I am currently undecided, but since you helped me personally last night with 52S53d1e8.pngOne For All, I will consider.

Right now I'm playing a bit of my backlog and because this doesn't start until the beginning of next month, that's plenty of time to think up a list of games.

• Like 1

I'll throw my hat into this arena.

LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 (PS4) [0%]

• Not technically part of my backlog, but it's been sitting in my room for months and I've been meaning to get on it. I'll probably add it to my backlog soon and make it 'official'.

Deadpool (PS4) [15%]

• I've gotten some trophies already, but I figure I'll finish it off as part of this challenge.

Oh... Sir! The Hollywood Roast (PS4) [8%]

• I dislike this game and this challenge gives me a reason to get it out of the way.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition (PS4) [3%]

• I started this a good stretch back after nearly platinuming it on my old account. Again, this challenge gives me good motivation to get it done.

HITMAN (PS4) [18%]

• I've completed the game, but I've been meaning to go back and get all of the masters etc. 

Cheers for the opportunity. Sounds like fun.

[EDIT] I've changed my ID to SpaghettiGrabsy, but I'm logged on to the forums under my old name (I think until things get sorted out), just a heads up.

Edited by AsgautrafMidgard
Amendment

I totally forgot I can change the games that I list up until the start of the event! Here are my preliminary five games:

1. Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3)  - 1%

2. Bound by Flame - 4% 

3. Broken Age - 5%

4. Among the Sleep - 10% [removed May 14th]

5. Spyro the Dragon - 19% [removed May 28th]

4. The Walking Dead Collection - 28% [added May 14th]

5. Murdered Soul Suspect - 10% [added May 28th]

6. A Plague Tale: Innocence -12% [added May 28th]

Edited by AmarisSkye
Updated to be my final list chosen before the start of the contest.

My finalized list, 20 games to complete in 13 weeks...

Broken Age (PS4) - 17%

Lego Legends of Chima (Vita) - 10%

Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney Trilogy (PS4) - 7%

Persona 4 : Dancing All Night (Vita) - 5%

Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 18%

Lego Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham (PS4) - 1%

Lego The Hobbit (PS4) - 2%

Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (Vita) - 12%

Batman The Telltale Series (PS3) - 0%

Game of Thrones Telltale Series (PS3) - 0%

Tales From The Borderlands (PS3) - 0%

The Wolf Among Us (PS4) - 0%

The Walking Dead : The Final Season (PS4) - 0%

WRC5 (PS4) - 28%

Noby Noby Boy (PS3) - 19%

The Mysteries of Little Riddle (PS3) - 22%

Beyond : Two Souls (PS3) - 24%

Puppeteer (PS3) - 7%

Cars 2 (PS3) - 20%

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (PS3) - 17%

I may add one or two more games if I manage to complete this list...

Edited by Fnee2000
List is now 100% finalized...

20 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

It is more honor system. You don’t need to prove that a certain title is part of your backlog. Unless of course it has not been released yet1f600.png.

I would start with a small amout. Five games to see if it is a fit for you. And its not like there is a penalty if you decide later on that this is not for you or you do not finish.

20 hours ago, Fat Chocobo said:

Pretty much anything goes. :P Like I said, I have no way of knowing unless it's on your profile, so I trust you.

Thanks. Guess I'll join then.

Here's my current list of games, starting with the ones that are already on my account:

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls (13%)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5469-superdimension-neptune-vs-sega-hard-girls/viech54

Resonance of Fate (23%)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/281-resonance-of-fate/viech54

Not on my account:

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY! (0%)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8880-chocobos-mystery-dungeon-every-buddy/

Fate/Extella Link (0%)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7749-fateextella-link

Cat Quest (0%)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6915-cat-quest

Secret of Mana (0%)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7223-secret-of-mana

Blue Reflection (0%, haven't bought it yet, will do that in the Big in Japan sale)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5895-blue-reflection

Dynasty Warriors 9 (0%)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7216-dynasty-warriors-9

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (0%)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6645-ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana

If there's more than one stack, it's the link below the game's name.

16 hours ago, AsgautrafMidgard said:

I'll throw my hat into this arena.

LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 (PS4) [0%]

• Not technically part of my backlog, but it's been sitting in my room for months and I've been meaning to get on it. I'll probably add it to my backlog soon and make it 'official'.

Deadpool (PS4) [15%]

• I've gotten some trophies already, but I figure I'll finish it off as part of this challenge.

Oh... Sir! The Hollywood Roast (PS4) [8%]

• I dislike this game and this challenge gives me a reason to get it out of the way.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition (PS4) [3%]

• I started this a good stretch back after nearly platinuming it on my old account. Again, this challenge gives me good motivation to get it done.

HITMAN (PS4) [18%]

• I've completed the game, but I've been meaning to go back and get all of the masters etc. 

Cheers for the opportunity. Sounds like fun.

[EDIT] I've changed my ID to SpaghettiGrabsy, but I'm logged on to the forums under my old name (I think until things get sorted out), just a heads up.

11 hours ago, AmarisSkye said:

I totally forgot I can change the games that I list up until the start of the event! Here are my preliminary five games:

1. Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3)  - 1%

2. Bound by Flame - 4% 

3. Broken Age - 5%

4. Among the Sleep - 10%

5. Spyro the Dragon - 19%

10 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

My tenative list

My Hero One’s Justice 18%

Adventures of Mana  05%

Papers, Please. 0%

Lara Croft Go. 0%

Broken Sword Ep 2  0%

7 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

Hello, never thought of entering one of these completion contest before, but others have mentioned it would make for a great reason to clear out some unfinished games. So, here I am throwing my list into the mix for the Summer.

Broken Age (PS4) - 17%

Lego Legends of Chima (Vita) - 10%

Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney Trilogy (PS4) - 7%

Persona 4 : Dancing All Night (Vita) - 5%

Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 18%

Lego Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham (PS4) - 1%

Lego The Hobbit (PS4) - 2%

The Walking Dead : The Final Season (PS4) - 0% (the only 0% I may add, was just waiting for them to finish all episodes before I played it. Then just ran into other games since then, so now I have a reason to get myself to play it)

5 hours ago, NillerKasket said:

I'm in again. These are my games right now

Metro 2033 Redux: 2%

PSVR Worlds: 29%

Steep: 13%

Hellblade: 18%

Portal Knights: 7%

5 hours ago, viech54 said:

Thanks. Guess I'll join then.

Here's my current list of games, starting with the ones that are already on my account:

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls (13%)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5469-superdimension-neptune-vs-sega-hard-girls/viech54

Resonance of Fate (23%)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/281-resonance-of-fate/viech54

Not on my account:

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY! (0%)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8880-chocobos-mystery-dungeon-every-buddy/

Fate/Extella Link (0%)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7749-fateextella-link

Cat Quest (0%)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6915-cat-quest

Secret of Mana (0%)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7223-secret-of-mana

Blue Reflection (0%, haven't bought it yet, will do that in the Big in Japan sale)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5895-blue-reflection

Dynasty Warriors 9 (0%)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7216-dynasty-warriors-9

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (0%)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6645-ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana

If there's more than one stack, it's the link below the game's name.

You're all added.

• Like 2