Summer 2019 Backlog Challenge

Update:

• Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back [PS4] - 0%
  • God of War [PS3] - 0%
  • Final Fantasy XV [PS4] - 28%
  • Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps and Beans [PS4] - 0%
  • Project Cars [PS4] - 30% => 38%
  • Days Gone [PS4] - :platinum: (90%)

I think I'm just gonna post my progress now as I don't think I'll get anymore done tonight. So earlier this week I tried to run 24h Le Mans as legit/close to the real thing as I could. Drove 3+ hrs before swapping drivers then got a little sleep, when I came back in the morning to swap back just as I was exiting the pits and regaining full control my car hit an invisible wall, got shot in the air and kept spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning... there was nothing I could do, not even reseting to track worked. My only option was to "Simulate the remainder of session" (sigh), that did put the car back on track but I had no more control. My PS4 was running for 24 hrs. I wasn't sure if that would work for running a 24hr race trophy but it did. I'm a bit disappointed that the game bugged out on me but I wasn't going to start over. Now I'm just continuing on with the career. It's very slow progressing so I cut back the race length from 50% to 25%. I guess I'm working on the grindy part first then just do the faster misc trophies later.

Oh and I won't be adding F1 2019 to my list, it looks like a lot of grind so I'll just play it separate but might include it next season if it doesn't reach the threshold.

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I would like to switch Gravity Rush 2 to The Sims 4. Not really into action-adventures at the moment.

I remember looking up the Sims 4 and reading that it was poor on console in comparison to the superior PC version, so I avoided purchasing it. Please post your thoughts on the game if you ever get around to playing it! Haven’t played a Sims game since The Sims Bustin’ Out back on the PS2... used to adore the series.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GraniteSnake said:

I remember looking up the Sims 4 and reading that it was poor on console in comparison to the superior PC version, so I avoided purchasing it. Please post your thoughts on the game if you ever get around to playing it! Haven’t played a Sims game since The Sims Bustin’ Out back on the PS2... used to adore the series.

Will do! So far, so good. Though I needed a couple hours to get used to the controls.

• Like 1

Update #3:

• Foul Play (0%)
  • God of War III Remastered (0%)
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss (7%)
  • Master Reboot (0%)
  • Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (0%)
  • Metal Gear Solid v: Ground Zeroes (PS4) (0%)
  • Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut (PS3) (0%) => 100%
  • SOMA (0%) => 100%

My first real break from Uncharted 3 since I started my quest to attain 100% completion in it. Both started and finished SOMA over the course of the day. Excellent walking simulator, definitely the best I've played. I used IGN's text/picture walkthrough to guide me through the game, which really helped me enjoy it. Would've just ended up frustrated if I tried to figure out how to progress on my own.

Edited by GraniteSnake
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I would like to switch Gravity Rush 2 to The Sims 4. Not really into action-adventures at the moment.

Go right ahead. You haven't swapped before AFAIK.

10 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Will do! So far, so good. Though I needed a couple hours to get used to the controls.

Tell me, too. I have it with the Cats+Dogs expansion. 

Update!

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition - 20%

Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition - 0%

Darksiders III - 0%

Persona 5 - 13% => 27%

A Plague Tale: Innocence - 0%

VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action - 0%

NieR: Automata - 0%

Okami HD - 0%

Danganronpa 1/2 Reload - 0%

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - 0%

Made some progress on Persona 5. I'm really enjoying the game so far, but I don't think I would have ever tried to get the Platinum without a guide that helps me to be more efficient with the limited time available in the game.

1 hour ago, GraniteSnake said:

Both started and finished SOMA over the course of the day. Excellent walking simulator, definitely the best I've played. I used IGN's text/picture walkthrough to guide me through the game, which really helped me enjoy it. Would've just ended up frustrated if I tried to figure out how to progress on my own.

Wow I completely forgot about SOMA, played it for an hour or so but I didn't earn a trophy for it yet, hence why I kinda lost sight of it. I'll add the game to my list as well then and will probably tackle it right after I'm done with ICO. I didn't really enjoy the beginning of it, but maybe it does get more interesting as time goes on? 

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

38 minutes ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

Wow I completely forgot about SOMA, played it for an hour or so but I didn't earn a trophy for it yet, hence why I kinda lost sight of it. I'll add the game to my list as well then and will probably tackle it right after I'm done with ICO. I didn't really enjoy the beginning of it, but maybe it does get more interesting as time goes on? 

I didn't enjoy it too much in the beginning either, but it gets a lot better as you start to figure out what's going on and what your purpose is. I'd recommend against 'Safe' mode, it really takes away the element of fear when encountering enemies throughout the game. My final play time was around 5 hours, but you could easily spend 10+ on this game without the use of a guide and if you fully explore every area. That style of play may suit you, but it definitely did not suit me. I'm just terrible at figuring out what to do next, especially as this game does not hold your hand at all! (Had the same problem with The Last Guardian, really frustrated me). ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

I didn't enjoy it too much in the beginning either, but it gets a lot better as you start to figure out what's going on and what your purpose is. I'd recommend against 'Safe' mode, it really takes away the element of fear when encountering enemies throughout the game. My final play time was around 5 hours, but you could easily spend 10+ on this game without the use of a guide and if you fully explore every area. That style of play may suit you, but it definitely did not suit me. I'm just terrible at figuring out what to do next, especially as this game does not hold your hand at all! (Had the same problem with The Last Guardian, really frustrated me). 1f602.png

Yeah I always tend to avoid picking the easiest difficulties as well, especially in horror and survival games which usually truly shine on the higher difficulties. I'm a huge sucker for exploration (and wasting time in general) though so guess I'll easily reach those +10 hrs ?

• Like 1

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls: 13%

Resonance of Fate: 23%

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!: 0%

Fate/Extella Link: 0% => 26% => 51% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 23, 2019, link to trophy list

Cat Quest: 0%

Secret of Mana: 0%

Blue Reflection: 0%

Dynasty Warriors 9: 0%

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana: 0%

Completed Fate/Extella Link. This is one of the games I wouldn't mind to complete in a different region or on another console (the PSV). Too bad it has only one stack.

Not sure what the next game's going to be. Could be Neptune to make some space on my PSV to start Ys VIII someday. Might also be Dynasty Warriors 9 or Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon. It'll most likely be one of these games.

• Like 4

Hello people, hope you where doing fine and all of you had a nice weekend :)

#Update 9:

1. Batman The Telltale Series [PS4] ==> 100% :platinum: (31/31) 06/07/2019
  2. Tales from the Boarderlands [PS4] ==> 00% (00/36)
  3. Game of Thrones [Telltale] [PS4] ==> 100% :platinum: (49/49) 06/02/2019
  4. South Park: The Stick of Truth [PS3] ==> 100% :platinum:(51/51) 06/11/2019
  5. Adventures of MANA [PS Vita] ==> 21% (14/37)
  6. The Wolf Among Us [PS4] ==> 100% (36/36) :platinum: 06/18/2019
  7. Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 [PS4] ==> 00% (00/51)
  8. Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 [PS4] ==> 00% (00/31)
  9. Guardians of the Galaxy (Telltale) [PS4] ==> 20% 27a1.png 80% (00/31)
  10. The Walking Dead Collection [PS4] ==> 00% (00/52)
  11. The Walking Dead (The Final Season) [PS4] ==> 00% (00/49)

For real:

• Where only able to progress some chapters in GotG...
    • Funny is that my story setup for episode 5 is so unique that nobody had this before (Game says: You and 0% of gamers!) ...
    • Will see how things turn out tomorrow.
  • Also i played two games which are not on the event list because they are over 30% progression (ToV) or where getting DLC trophies is not always planable (RDR).

Until later people, have a nice week :)

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 4

Grand Kingdom 30%

My Time At Portia 21%

Atelier Firis 12%

Thea The Awakening 15% > 24%

Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold steel 5%
Pheoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy 5% > 11%
Chasm 9% > 13%
The Surge 15%
World of Final Fantasy 20%
Atelier scion 11%
Metagal (PS4) 100% :platinum:
Super weekend mode (PS4) 100% :platinum:
My big sister (PS4) 0% > 100% :platinum:

What Remains of Edith Finch 100%

Unreleased: Dragon quest builders 2 0%

Most of this weekends gaming time has been divided between Chasm and Ace Attorney. Scooped up My big sister and Infamous last light (off-list) plats this week also. Not sure what I'll play this week but I'm working 7 days straight so I don't expect I'll be doing much.

• Like 1

Update #4:

• Foul Play (0%)
  • God of War III Remastered (0%)
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss (7%)
  • Master Reboot (0%)
  • Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (0%)
  • Metal Gear Solid v: Ground Zeroes (PS4) (0%) => 100%
  • Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut (PS3) (0%) => 100%
  • SOMA (0%) => 100%

I made the most of my well needed break from Uncharted 3 and managed to both start and finish MGS: Ground Zeroes over the course of the day. Currently sitting at number 20 on the fastest achievers list ? I'm pretty sure it's the only game I've played where I've actually made it onto said list. I've already played and got the 100% in the PS3 version a couple of years back, so it all came back to me relatively quick. My main reason for playing this was to try and get used to the game mechanics/controls in order to prepare myself for my eventual return to The Phantom Pain. Feeling slightly more confident, I guess.

• Like 2

Update #1

S6f4733.pngSec37b8.pngS500b72.png
S6bb3db.pngSf26d5b.pngSc4a4a6.png

Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered - 8%
Bastion - 18%

Battle Chasers: Nightwar - 7%
Detroit: Become Human - 0% => 51%

Far Cry New Dawn -  5% => 22%
Lost Sphear - 23%

Wow not much progress for so little time, mostly because I got distracted by Days Gone and the Phoenix Wright Trilogy instead. I am so good at keeping on task right.

Anyway over this time I've at least managed to finish my first playthrough for Detroit: Become Human which was a damn fun ride and have started to push through Farcry New Dawn.

• Like 1

Update #9:

1. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage  [Done on 6/2/2019]

2. Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (0%)

3. God of War (11%)

4. Nex Machina  [Done on 6/9/2019]

5. Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! (32%)

6. Patapon Remastered  [Done on 6/15/2019]

7. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (28%)

8. Gundam Versus (14%)

9. DJ Max RESPECT (25%)

10. Crash Team Racing 13%➡️67%

11. Zero Time Dilemma (0%)

Well I didn't get the platinum for CTR as I was planning on to this weekend, but that's fine as I made good progress anyway. Got through all of adventure mode on Easy to get most of the trophies done. Now all I need to do is some miscellaneous trophies, time trials, and then playing adventure mode on Hard. It's going to be a little difficult, but I think I can manage with practice. 

Gonna mainly focus on CTR and The Nonary Games this week so maybe I can get a plat between those 2. Hopefully at least. 

• Like 2

Update:

• Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back [PS4] - 0%
  • God of War [PS3] - 0%
  • Final Fantasy XV [PS4] - 28%
  • Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps and Beans [PS4] - 0%
  • Project Cars [PS4] - 38% => 41%
  • Days Gone [PS4] - :platinum: (90%)

I didn't have a whole lotta game time this weekend. Saturday I went to a waterpark and Sunday morning I was catching up on Formula 1 so basically just a half a day left for gaming. Things might go a little faster in Project Cars from here on out as I have started to skip events I've already won in previous seasons.

Update #12...

Completed The Waking Dead : The Final Season. Not sure how I felt about the whole season. Ending was.... meh. Guess I am just glad to have been able to get a full final season. On a side note, I did hit 10,000 trophies playing the game.

Broken Age (PS4) - 17% ➡️ :platinum: on June 22

Lego Legends of Chima (Vita) - 10% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 4

Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney Trilogy (PS4) - 7% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 17

Persona 4 : Dancing All Night (Vita) - 5% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 7

Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 18%

Lego Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham (PS4) - 1%

Lego The Hobbit (PS4) - 2%

Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (Vita) - 12%

Batman The Telltale Series (PS3) - 0%

Game of Thrones Telltale Series (PS3) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 3

Tales From The Borderlands (PS3) - 0%

The Wolf Among Us (PS4) - 0%

The Walking Dead : The Final Season (PS4) - 0% ➡️ :platinum: on June 24

WRC5 (PS4) - 28%

Noby Noby Boy (PS3) - 19% 27a1.png 100% 2705.png on June 5

The Mysteries of Little Riddle (PS3) - 22% 27a1.png 100% 2705.png on June 5

Beyond : Two Souls (PS3) - 24%

Puppeteer (PS3) - 7%

Cars 2 (PS3) - 20% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 18

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (PS3) - 17% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 20

Edited by Fnee2000
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Geridian said:

For real:

• Where only able to progress some chapters in GotG...
    • Funny is that my story setup for episode 5 is so unique that nobody had this before (Game says: You and 0% of gamers!) ...
    • Will see how things turn out tomorrow.

I had that on Batman last week as well. Just figured I was special haha!!

Progress on Saints Row this weekend, finally got to punch Satan in the face (bucket list checked) and just enjoying the mystery of another Sherlock Holmes game. These are so straightforward but really draw me in.

Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter 0% - 39%

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell 2% - 25%

Doom 0%

Batman The Enemy Within 27% - 100%

Thief 2%

@GraniteSnake Just an update on how The Sims 4 runs on PS4. It runs great. I've had no hiccups, minimal lag (during saving and moving my sim to a different location, like on a date or to the gym). The trophies pop with small delay. I'm only having trouble with the ghost trophy. Tried doing it the very easy way, but either it was patched or I was doing it wrong and have to try again. 

The controls are easy to learn, just needs a bit of time to get used to.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

@GraniteSnake Just an update on how The Sims 4 runs on PS4. It runs great. I've had no hiccups, minimal lag (during saving and moving my sim to a different location, like on a date or to the gym). The trophies pop with small delay. I'm only having trouble with the ghost trophy. Tried doing it the very easy way, but either it was patched or I was doing it wrong and have to try again. 

The controls are easy to learn, just needs a bit of time to get used to.

I’ll add it to my list on PSprices so and pick it up when it’s on sale, €40 is a little steep considering how much additional content has been released for it. Cheers for the feedback, glad you’re enjoying it

• Like 1