Summer 2019 Backlog Challenge

Update:

• Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back [PS4] - 0%
  • God of War [PS3] - 0%
  • Final Fantasy XV [PS4] - 28%
  • Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps and Beans [PS4] - 0%
  • Project Cars [PS4] - 44% => 64%
  • Days Gone [PS4] - :platinum: (77%)

Got a bit sidetracked by F1 2019, but then the online pissed me off (most likely gonna have to say goodbye to that plat) so I returned to Project Cars. Didn't manage to do all that I wanted but PC plat is still on target for next weekend. I'm thinking about leaving FFXV for last and finishing up everything else before that. Well, except Days Gone, that will be impossible due to not all content being released.

• Like 1

Just grinding out challenges on Saints Row at the minute with the limited time I have available. Now gaming by numbers has started I can finish up Sherlock Holmes as I needed it for that.

Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter 39% - 66%

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell 25% - 40%

Doom 0%

Batman The Enemy Within 100%

Thief 2%

Update #10:

1. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage  [Done on 6/2/2019]

2. Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (0%)

3. God of War (11%)

4. Nex Machina  [Done on 6/9/2019]

5. Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! (32%)

6. Patapon Remastered  [Done on 6/15/2019]

7. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games 28%➡️37%

8. Gundam Versus (14%)

9. DJ Max RESPECT (25%)

10. Crash Team Racing 67%➡️80%

11. Zero Time Dilemma (0%)

Haven't posted in quite a bit but to be honest, not much progress. I manged to get a few more trophies in CTR but those damn Time Trials. I've only done a dozen of them and some of them were pretty easy(Coco Pass, Tiny Arena) while others were VERY DIFFICULT(Sewer Speedway, Crash Cove). I was going in order in doing them but since Dragon Mines is where I left off on(hardest time trial in the game), I might just skip it and do the rest of them and go back to this as the last one. Didn't even start adventure mode on Hard yet because I want to get the time trials out of the way first. I'll go back to it once the update arrives so I don't have to worry about my data getting corrupted. 

For The Nonary Games, I managed to get 2 endings for Virtue's Last Reward and that was pretty much it really. Haven't played it in a few days but will get back to it since I really enjoy the series so far. Also, 22 ENDINGS?! DAMN.

I'll see what I can do progress wise once the weekend comes around, but for now I'll just be working on other Backlog games that weren't legible for this list(Plague Inc., Fate Extella and many, many more). 

Edited by Triicky913

Time for an update!

Marvel's Spider-Man-62% :platinum: June 21

Bard's Gold-0=>100% July 1

Afrika

Bastion 

Citizens of Earth 

Dragon Sinker

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Shakedown Hawaii

I was having trouble getting into the Spidey DLC, so decided to play Bard's Gold. It was equally fun and frustrating. I don't get how people did it so fast. I must suck! xD I have a busy day tomorrow and Wednesday morning and Thursday's the 4th of July, but I'll try to get in some gaming in between. 

• Like 2

Hello people, hope you are doing fine and your current week and last weekends where not so full of appointments like my last weekends..

#Update 10:

1. Batman The Telltale Series [PS4] ==> 100% :platinum: (31/31) 06/07/2019
  2. Tales from the Boarderlands [PS4] ==> 00% (00/36)
  3. Game of Thrones [Telltale] [PS4] ==> 100% :platinum: (49/49) 06/02/2019
  4. South Park: The Stick of Truth [PS3] ==> 100% :platinum:(51/51) 06/11/2019
  5. Adventures of MANA [PS Vita] ==> 21% (14/37)
  6. The Wolf Among Us [PS4] ==> 100% (36/36) :platinum: 06/18/2019
  7. Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 [PS4] ==> 00% (00/51)
  8. Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 [PS4] ==> 00% (00/31)
  9. Guardians of the Galaxy (Telltale) [PS4] ==> 80% 27a1.png 100% :platinum: (31/31) 06/24/2019
  10. The Walking Dead Collection [PS4] ==> 00% 27a1.png 03% (02/52)
  11. The Walking Dead (The Final Season) [PS4] ==> 00% (00/49)

• Work sucks as always and eats up most of my time
  • GotG is finished since 06/24/2019
  • Started playing The Walking Dead Collection
    • I think i underestimated this kind of game because it´s 4 games in 1
  • I hope to get some progress during the week

Until later people, have a nice week :)

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 2

Quick update from me. Sherlock Holmes done!! Almost finished with kill challenges on Saints Row so that one should move along quickly soon. I am going to defiitely switch something out but I haven't decided what for yet so I will update in due course.

Hope everyone is enjoying the event!!

Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter 66% - 100%

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell 40% - 49%

Doom 0%

Batman The Enemy Within 100%

Thief 2%

• Like 2

Update #11:

1. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage  [Done on 6/2/2019]

2. Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon 0%➡️100% [Done on 7/3/2019]

3. God of War (11%)

4. Nex Machina  [Done on 6/9/2019]

5. Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! (32%)

6. Patapon Remastered  [Done on 6/15/2019]

7. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (37%)

8. Gundam Versus (14%)

9. DJ Max RESPECT (25%)

10. Crash Team Racing (80%)

11. Zero Time Dilemma (0%)

Well a rather quick update, but I decided to do Spyro 3......in one day lol. Had the day off from work so figured why not? Never played Spyro 3 when I was younger, so I was going into it blind, and it wasn't too bad. Still prefer the 2nd over the rest in the trilogy but it was still fun regardless. It was kinda weird how I didn't have to go for the 100% in this game compared to the other two which I had to get 100% in. Also got really lucky with the 2 buggy trophies and didn't have trouble popping them during my playthrough. Only had to use my backup save once and didn't even need to reinstall the game! 

Didn't do any of the time trails for CTR but will.....eventually lol. 

4 down, 7 to go!

• Like 3

Update time!

Still working my way through Persona 5. Finished the Piramid castle and got some trophies even tho I didn't have much time because I was at a rock festival the whole weekend. I'll continue playing it until I get the platinum, I have a lot more spare time the coming weeks so should be able to do it. After the platinum I'll continue with Phoenix Wright.

1. Phoenix Wright: Ace attorney trilogy - 23% (9/31) 

2. The Walking Dead the final season - 0% (0/49)

3. Persona 5 - 22% (15/49) --> 27% (19/49)

4. Astro Bot Rescue Mission - 14% (7/37)

5. Judgement - 0% (0/47)

Good luck everyone!

• Like 2

Okay I know I'm super late to this party, but could I still join this, mainly to give myself a goal, as I've kind of been lost on what to play. If not I will wait until the next challenge starts.

Edited by neospoon

7 hours ago, neospoon said:

Okay I know I'm super late to this party, but could I still join this, mainly to give myself a goal, as I've kind of been lost on what to play. If not I will wait until the next challenge starts.

1 hour ago, MattbluePT said:

I would like to join in too, if possible

Yep, not too late. Post your lists and I'll add you.

• Like 1

Awesome! Thanks!

My list is as follows, also I forgot to mention that I lost all my saves of the PS4 games since it broke down.

This will get me going again!

1. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 22% [working on currently]
  2. Bioshock - 10%
  3. Apotheon - 8%
  4. Rime - 17%
  5. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 3%  
  6. Seasons After Fall - 27% 
Edited by neospoon
  • Like 2

Well, I'll go with these for now:

1. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (15%)

2. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (5%)

3. Detroit: Become Human (0%)

4. Heavy Rain (0%)

5. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (0%)

If I manage to do them, I'll add some more that I need to get out of my backlog ?

13 hours ago, neospoon said:

Awesome! Thanks!

My list is as follows, also I forgot to mention that I lost all my saves of the PS4 games since it broke down.

This will get me going again!

1. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 22% [working on currently]
  2. Bioshock - 10%
  3. Apotheon - 8%
  4. Rime - 17%
  5. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 3%  
  6. Seasons After Fall - 27% 

6 hours ago, MattbluePT said:

Well, I'll go with these for now:

1. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (15%)

2. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (5%)

3. Detroit: Become Human (0%)

4. Heavy Rain (0%)

5. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (0%)

If I manage to do them, I'll add some more that I need to get out of my backlog ?

Added. Good luck and thanks for joining!

• Like 1

Update:

• Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back [PS4] - 0%
  • God of War [PS3] - 0% => 11%
  • Final Fantasy XV [PS4] - 28%
  • Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps and Beans [PS4] - 0%
  • Project Cars [PS4] - 64% => 100% :platinum:
  • Days Gone [PS4] - :platinum: (77%)

Project Cars is done, second plat, first 100%. It was an alright racer, AI a bit inconsistent when it comes to qualifying (sometimes putting in crazy good times) and definitely grindy but this game did make me realize something. That L2/R2 buttons of my controller are quite worn out (so is the analog stick but I already knew that). When trying to reach 333 km/h for trophy I just couldn't do it. I switched to my other newer controller and voila, it worked first try. So now I moved on to GoW, didn't want to put the game down but I had to (for tonight). Platforming feels a bit finicky but I've also switched to a newer controller on PS3 and the buttons are still too tight. My plan for this weekend is to finish my first (blind) run of GoW.

• Like 1

1. Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3)  - 1%->18%

2. Bound by Flame (PS3) - 4% 

3. Broken Age - 18%

4. The Walking Dead Collection - 40%->100% :platinum: [6.25.19]

5. Murdered Soul Suspect - 29%->100% :platinum: [6.25.19]

6. A Plague Tale: Innocence - 14%

Turned on my PS3 for the first time in about a month and made some progress on Sly 2: Band of Thieves. I am loving this one much more than the first one which while it was fun in its own right had a ton of issues. I haven't really felt up for gaming on my Playstation systems lately, partially because I have been reading a lot more and prepping for college but also because I have started playing Super Mario Maker 2 on my Switch since it came out last week.

• Like 2

@MidnightDragon Would like to make use of my one-time swap. Tried Dynasty Warriors 9, while the conecpt/gameplay isn't bad, it's not what I want to play right now. I just don't see myself getting it done during this event. As a replacement, I'll go with the Asian Demon's Souls stack. It's this one: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/476-demons-souls/

Quite like the Souls series, will use this event to clear the final stack of Demon's Souls.

So the new list is as follows:

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls: 13%

Resonance of Fate: 23%

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!: 0% => 4%

Fate/Extella Link: 0% => 26% => 51% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 23, 2019, link to trophy list

Cat Quest: 0% => 21% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 29, 2019, link to trophy list

Secret of Mana: 0%

Blue Reflection: 0%

Dynasty Warriors 9: 0% Demon's Souls: 0%

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana: 0%

Made some progress in Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon, cleared the first few chapters in the story.

Edited by viech54

10 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

@viech54 As long as you don't stack other versions during the event, that's OK.

I can't do that, stacking another Demon's Souls after this one is impossible. Already cleared all other versions prior to this event, there is no other Demon's Souls I could clear on this account.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/104-demons-souls/viech54

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/475-demons-souls/viech54

These are the other two DeS stacks. As you can see, they are already at 100%. There are only three stacks of this game.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

I got lots of stuff done yesterday and today on Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Finished the campaign and got all trophies in multiplayer except 1. It did help to make use of the boostingsession I was in. One time consuming trophy left which is reaching lvl 22 in the multiplayer. The DLC is going to take a while but I’ll work on it during the summer. I should be able to get everything done before the end of August.

I also decided to start working on Seasons After Fall for a bit. I’m about 1/3 into the game. Got one trophy during my session.

I’ll try and finish this game tomorrow and see what trophies I have left after my initial run.

This is where I’m at right now.

1. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 22% -> 72% (52/73)
  2. Seasons After Fall - 27% -> 30% (8/22)
  3. Bioshock - 10%
  4. Apotheon - 8%
  5. Rime - 17%
  6. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 3% 

9 hours ago, AmarisSkye said:

because I have started playing Super Mario Maker 2 on my Switch since it came out last week.

You too? I am thinking of making a support group for that. xD

But seriously, Super Mario Maker 2 is way better than the original and was able to turn Super Mario 3D World into a side-scroller, which is hard to do. Also got back into Miitopia again, which is more fun when you don't try to customize every NPC. Right now I have my self-insert as a mage, Kairi as a warrior, Angelo from Dragon Quest VIII as a cleric and Risky Boots as a Thief. We just got to Greenhorne castle.

Edited by RuneEyesDragon
  • Like 1

Weekend update: Got yet another new game. Graveyard Keeper. It's like Stardew Valley with a mild horror twist. I saw youtuber splatter cat gaming do a lets play on this months ago and was hooked and excited for a console version, a little disappointed when it came to xbox and switch before PS4. It is exceptionally grindy but the gameplay loop is really addictive. I hope to plat this and then chip away at Atelier, Cold Steel or Ace Attourney again before Dragon Quest builders launches the end of next week.

Cold steel 11%
Atelier Firis 12% 
Pheoenix Wright: Ace Attourney Trilogy 11% 
The surge 15%
Thea the awakening 24%
Atelier scion 11%
my time at portia 21%
grand kingdom? 30%
Chasm 13%
World of Final fantasy 20%
What Remains of Edith Finch 100%
Metagal PS4 100%
Super weekend mode PS4 100%
My big sister PS4 100%

Catan VR 16% > ??? unsure as trophies not on server yet. I think 40%?

*NEW* Graveyard Keeper 0% > 58%

Dragon quest builders 2 0%

• Like 1