Summer 2019 Backlog Challenge

9 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Been real busy, so haven't had time to play. I hope to tomorrow (or later today, whatever.)  Also, planning on opening up the fall signups July 31. I don't expect it to be quite as active because of all the big name games coming, but I'm still happy that the summer challenge got so much attention. :D 

I just crapped myself thinking this one finished 31st July!! I am down for another go at it for sure!!

1 hour ago, Fnee2000 said:

So, if my Fall list of 5 games consists of

1. Borderlands 3

2. The Outer Worlds

3. See #1

4. See #2

5. See #1

would that work? ?

Probably not. xD

1 hour ago, freddie1989 said:

I just crapped myself thinking this one finished 31st July!! I am down for another go at it for sure!!

Nah, it finishes August 31. I usually post the next one a month before it starts so plenty of time for signups.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

I know lol, I meant is it as hard as you expected? I literally walked through it in like 50 seconds yesterday just to crack on.

The 19 second trophy isn't too hard. The 15.1 second will require many tries but it is doable. Look on youtube for a guide on it and keep following what they do. For example, I didn't know you could shoot the last two target through the wall and that took off like 3 seconds.

• Like 1

Update #6:

• Foul Play (0%)
  • God of War III Remastered (0%)
  • Master Reboot (0%)
  • Overcooked (0%)
  • Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (0%)
  • Sonic Mania (0%)
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss (7%) => 40%
  • Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut (PS3) (0%) => 100%
  • SOMA (0%) => 100%
  • Metal Gear Solid v: Ground Zeroes (PS4) (0%) => 100%
  • What Remains of Edith Finch (0%) => 100%

I can't believe it's been more than 2 weeks since I finished WROEF, summer is flying by.. I thought it was a superb walking simulator with a great concept and a story which would really make you think about your own legacy. Short but well worth the journey. I also finally finished my first play through of Golden Abyss, having started it in the latter half of April! A decent game, shame about the poor story though. If it wasn't for Sully showing up around the halfway mark I don't think I'd have laughed once at the dialogue. I'm currently 10 chapters into my Crushing play through, and I'm following video guides for the collectables I missed on my original run. Quite tedious but I'll get over it.

I'm edging closer and closer to achieving 100% in Uncharted 3, not much left to do at this stage. I'm also at a game completion of 98% in MGS: The Phantom Pain... should pick up the platinum for it this weekend! Can put more of a focus on this event once I've picked up that plat as I'll have a lot more free time gaming wise. Until the next update :platinum:

• Like 1

Update:

• Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back [PS4] - 6% => 35%
  • God of War [PS3] - 80% => 100% :platinum:
  • Final Fantasy XV [PS4] - 28%
  • Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps and Beans [PS4] - 0%
  • Project Cars [PS4]:platinum: (100%)
  • Days Gone [PS4] - :platinum: (77%)

Second game done, God of War. Challenge of the Gods wasn't bad at all, finished them in about 2 hours. Followed the guide for tactics but still had to put in the hard work myself. :P

Once I got the hang of it #10 didn't give me much trouble. I think #6 was more frustrating. Then I just finished my speedrun in the cow suit.

Excellent game, wish it lasted longer. I do have a few more games left in the series. I think I know a game I'll pick for the next challenge (that's right I wanna join for Fall too).

Crash 2 is coming along nicely. Just defeated Tiny. So far I got all gems I could get to this point and 3 gold relics (the ones with the little polar bears that don't really require the running shoes). I feel like the controls are a bit sluggish/non-responsive at times. Had a lot of game overs, Crash 1 went a lot more smoothly but that was 2 years ago, so I might be just a bit rusty.

My focus is on Crash 2 for the weekend. Should be able to get all gems and hopefully a lot of gold relics.

• Like 2

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls: 13% => 48%

Resonance of Fate: 23%

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!: 0% => 4%

Fate/Extella Link: 0% => 26% => 51% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 23, 2019, link to trophy list

Cat Quest: 0% => 21% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 29, 2019, link to trophy list

Secret of Mana: 0%

Blue Reflection: 0%

Demon's Souls: 0%

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana: 0%

Cleared most of the story in Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls, started the endgame grind (Lily ranks & level 99). If things go well, it'll be at 100% tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Crash 2 is coming along nicely. Just defeated Tiny. So far I got all gems I could get to this point and 3 gold relics (the ones with the little polar bears that don't really require the running shoes). I feel like the controls are a bit sluggish/non-responsive at times. Had a lot of game overs, Crash 1 went a lot more smoothly but that was 2 years ago, so I might be just a bit rusty.

My focus is on Crash 2 for the weekend. Should be able to get all gems and hopefully a lot of gold relics.

I think I remember Cold Hard Crash being to most difficult level for me to get the Gold Relic in. Was nothing in comparison to Stormy Ascent from the first game though, so at least that..

After lack of motivation, family issues, and other delays that were largely meaningless, back to work on the summer list!

Marvel's Spider-Man-62=>85% (:platinum: June 21)

Bard's Gold-100% July 1

Afrika

Bastion 

Citizens of Earth 

Dragon Sinker

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Shakedown Hawaii

Finally got the desire to start up the Spider-Man DLC. I did The Heist and Turf Wars to 100%. I was hoping to get Silver Lining done as well, but Turf Wars took longer than I expected. I plan on doing that tomorrow and maybe also starting Ultimate NG+, but we'll see how the time goes. Also, I fucking hate Screwball! 

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls: 13% => 48% => 100%:platinum:: Completed on July 14, 2019, link to trophy list

Resonance of Fate: 23%

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!: 0% => 4%

Fate/Extella Link: 0% => 26% => 51% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 23, 2019, link to trophy list

Cat Quest: 0% => 21% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 29, 2019, link to trophy list

Secret of Mana: 0%

Blue Reflection: 0%

Demon's Souls: 0%

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana: 0%

Completed Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls. The endgame grind and the optional boss were easier than I thought. This was the last incomplete Neptune game in my possession and will quite likely be the last one of the series I bought for at least a good while. These games no longer appeal to me the way they did back in 2010 - 2012 when the series just started out. Will keep an eye out for changes, though. If the Neptune games change in a way I think I'd enjoy, I'll give them another chance.

Now that I have some space on my Vita, I can start Ys VIII. Don't think I will right away, though, Demon's Souls is probably next. Or maybe both at the same time.

• Like 3

Update:

• Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back [PS4] - 35% => 80%
  • God of War [PS3] - :platinum: (100%)
  • Final Fantasy XV [PS4] - 28%
  • Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps and Beans [PS4] - 0%
  • Project Cars [PS4]:platinum: (100%)
  • Days Gone [PS4] - :platinum: (77%)

Made some pretty good progress in Crash 2 this weekend. Finished all stages, got all gems and 22 gold relics (actually 4 of them are platinum relics). I stopped after getting the relic for Cold Hard Crash.

@GraniteSnake CHC wasn't that tough for me, it only took about half an hour. Just have to get and keep 2 masks and go on death route, get the 3rd then you're golden (pun intended).

I'm changing cable providers, so unfortunately I have to binge watch a lot of my shows off of my DVR next week which means not much gaming time but I will get those 5 remaining relics and start Slaps and Beans.

• Like 2

Update time!

I finished the main story of Persona 5 and with that a lot of trophies. Finished the story at 102 hours play time. That doesn't count some replays of saves I needed to do either. The guide said it takes between 50 and a 100 hours to complete... Well I even skipped some story stuff and I am already over that time. So I guess that time is when you skip a lot of the story or everything. I really enjoyed the story in the end, so I'm happy I didn't skip any of the main story. It had some surprising twists which I didn't see coming and that's always good. I'll start my new game + run now, which won't take that long I hope. As I don't have to see the story anymore.

1. Phoenix Wright: Ace attorney trilogy - 23% (9/31) 

2. The Walking Dead the final season - 0% (0/49)

3. Persona 5 - 39% (27/49) --> 85% (45/49)

4. Astro Bot Rescue Mission - 14% (7/37)

5. Judgement - 0% (0/47)

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Fanatixa1
  • Like 2

Time for another update.

Marvel's Spider-Man-85=>97% (:platinum: June 21)

Bard's Gold-100% July 1

Afrika

Bastion 

Citizens of Earth 

Dragon Sinker

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Shakedown Hawaii

I have fully completed the CTNS DLCs. The story I thought was pretty good overall, but didn't need to be so much repetitive padding and Screwball is still annoying as fuck. However, I found these challenges a lot simpler than the other ones and also the final chase isn't too bad. Hopefully they don't bring her back for the sequel. I kind of rushed through Silver Lining because I didn't like someone who is a big part of the story (won't say who to avoid spoilers) and the final boss is a tough son of a bitch. My plan is to start Ultimate NG+ tomorrow or Tuesday...just depends on my mood and a few other things. Just want to get this game done! Luckily, you only have to do the main missions and not the side stuff in Ultimate mode, but will do the radio towers just because I like to see everything on the map.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 3

Quick Monday morning update from me, hope everyone had a great weekend!!! Not much going on at my end as it was my daughters birthday weekend so not much gaming time but my little girl comes first always. Started Thief back up so mainly just done a couple of chapters and tried to remember how it works after having only done chapter 1 back in 2015. Planning on just finishing the story up then repeating for collectibles etc so I can just leave the custom no knockouts etc 2nd playthrough.

Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter 100%

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell 100%

Thief 2%- 8%

Batman The Enemy Within 100%

What Remains of Edith Finch 100%

• Like 1

No progress towards the Summer Backlog Challenge, I do however want to switch one of my games. 

I'm not sure which one I want to take out yet, I have picked my replacement game though: Shadow of the Tomb Raider. 

Which is currently sitting at 15%. I'm thinking about taking Crash Bandicoot 2 or Bioshock out. Which one do you all think would be better to get rid of in terms of length/difficulty?

Stats so far:

1. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 22% => 72% => 74% (54/73)
  2. Seasons After Fall - 27% => 30% => 100% (22/22) :platinum:
  3. Bioshock - 10%
  4. Apotheon - 8%
  5. Rime - 17%
  6. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 3% 
Edited by neospoon
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, neospoon said:

No progress towards the Summer Backlog Challenge, I do however want to switch one of my games. 

I'm not sure which one I want to take out yet, I have picked my replacement game though: Shadow of the Tomb Raider. 

Which is currently sitting at 15%. I'm thinking about taking Crash Bandicoot 2 or Bioshock out. Which one do you all think would be better to get rid of in terms of length/difficulty?

Stats so far:

1. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 22% => 72% => 74% (54/73)
  2. Seasons After Fall - 27% => 30% => 100% (22/22) :platinum:
  3. Bioshock - 10%
  4. Apotheon - 8%
  5. Rime - 17%
  6. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 3% 

Tough call. Looks like you can finish both in about the same amount of time.

Edited by MidnightDragon

Finally an update from me! I've been on vacation and right when I got home I moved in to a house so been super busy. Got some game time yesterday and managed to get some trophies!

Contrast 5/21 - 23% -> 21/21 - 100%

Borderlands 2 30/76 - 27% -> 38/76 - 39%

Deponia 3/19 - 7%

Risk of Rain 15/15 - 100% 

God of War 3/37 - 4%

I just finished all but one side quest in Borderlands 2 when the game crashed and the save got corrupted. I did have it backed up so got some progress back but it still sucked. I tried playing another character but it kept crashing so I'm taking a break from it for now. Will see if I can bring myself to finish it.

Will pick up God of War instead!

I also finished Contrast, I enjoyed it but I'm also glad it finished when it did. A longer game would've driven me crazy. Haha :)

• Like 1

@neospoon I would also say both Crash 2 and Bioshock are about the same length but probably Crash 2 is a bit harder. For Bioshock, survivor difficulty can be cheesed with NG+ on PS4 or switching difficulty at the end (never played DLC so no idea about that), but time relics can cause a lot more trouble in Crash 2.

Hello people, finally a new update from me:

#Update 11:

1. Batman The Telltale Series [PS4] ==> 100% :platinum: (31/31) 06/07/2019
  2. Tales from the Boarderlands [PS4] ==> 00% (00/36)
  3. Game of Thrones [Telltale] [PS4] ==> 100% :platinum: (49/49) 06/02/2019
  4. South Park: The Stick of Truth [PS3] ==> 100% :platinum:(51/51) 06/11/2019
  5. Adventures of MANA [PS Vita] ==> 21% (14/37)
  6. The Wolf Among Us [PS4] ==> 100% (36/36) :platinum: 06/18/2019
  7. Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 [PS4] ==> 00% (00/51)
  8. Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 [PS4] ==> 00% (00/31)
  9. Guardians of the Galaxy (Telltale) [PS4] ==> 100% :platinum: (31/31) 06/24/2019
  10. The Walking Dead Collection [PS4] ==> 03% (02/52) 27a1.png 100% :platinum: (52/52) 07/15/2019
  11. The Walking Dead (The Final Season) [PS4] ==> 00% (00/49)

• I had an operation on my jaw last week, so I have a little break for this week.
  • Finished playing The Walking Dead Collection
    • I had actually underestimated the scope of this game.
    • So I've been more or less tortured through season one and a half of season two.
    • Last half of season two (@How´s) and season 3 where lots of fun.
  • I hope to get some progress during the week

Until later people, have a nice week :)

• Like 1

@DizzyDavidson Sadly it's Bioshock for the PS3, and even worse, the EU version. No cheesing the hardest difficulty on that one. I already have the platinum for the PS4 version, so I might go with Crash, On the other hand, as much as I love Crash, the remakes just don't feel the same for me and I hate time trials. Anyway, I haven't decided yet. I'll finish Rime first.

Edited by neospoon

Another update from me because I got the platinum in Persona 5! The grind was real at the end mostly because I needed to get from level 20 to 99. The guide I used was really helpful tho and I’m happy to have finished the game. It’s my 75th platinum also ?

1. Phoenix Wright: Ace attorney trilogy - 23% (9/31) —> 30% (12/31)
2. The Walking Dead the final season - 0% (0/49)
3. Persona 5 - 85% (45/49) —> 100% (49/49) :platinum: 15-07-2019
4. Astro Bot Rescue Mission - 14% (7/37)
5. Judgement - 0% (0/47)

Continued to play Phoenix Wright attorney and will continue to play it until I obtain the platinum. I’m at the second game now chapter 2 and should go pretty fast. 

Edited by Fanatixa1
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, neospoon said:

@DizzyDavidson Sadly it's Bioshock for the PS3, and even worse, the EU version. No cheesing the hardest difficulty on that one. I already have the platinum for the PS4 version, so I might go with Crash, On the other hand, as much as I love Crash, the remakes just don't feel the same for me and I hate time trials. Anyway, I haven't decided yet. I'll finish Rime first.

Oh, didn’t know it was PS3. But to be honest I’ve only done the PS3 version myself, legit. At first I played on normal difficulty and didn’t like the game that much. A year later I returned to do the survivor run, it wasn’t too bad, only the beginning was hard till I killed a couple of big daddies. That run actually made me love the game.

I guess this would put the two games on pretty much an even playing field. It all depends on what type of game you’re better at and what you’re in the mood for. 

Sorry that’s not much help.

Hello people, hope you are having fun and your consoles and games don't get on your nerves.

#Update 12:

1. Batman The Telltale Series [PS4] ==> 100% :platinum: (31/31) 06/07/2019 ✔️
  2. Tales from the Boarderlands [PS4] ==> 00% (00/36) ⏸️
  3. Game of Thrones [Telltale] [PS4] ==> 100% :platinum: (49/49) 06/02/2019 ✔️
  4. South Park: The Stick of Truth [PS3] ==> 100% :platinum:(51/51) 06/11/2019 ✔️
  5. Adventures of MANA [PS Vita] ==> 21% (14/37) ⏸️
  6. The Wolf Among Us [PS4] ==> 100% (36/36) :platinum: 06/18/2019✔️
  7. Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 [PS4] ==> 00% (00/51) ⏸️
  8. Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 [PS4] ==> 00% (00/31) ⏸️
  9. Guardians of the Galaxy (Telltale) [PS4] ==> 100% :platinum: (31/31) 06/24/2019✔️
  10. The Walking Dead Collection [PS4] ==> 100% :platinum: (52/52) 07/15/2019✔️
  11. The Walking Dead (The Final Season) [PS4] ==> 00% (00/49) ⏩ 75% (39/49) ↗️
  12. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 [PS4] ==> 0% (00/46) ?

• Started playing The Walking Dead (The Final Season) yesterday and currently i am ready to start act 4 (last act).
    • Imo this game is really awesome and shows what other Telltale games could be if the studio wasn´t insolvent.
    • Yes, i could discribe some aspects of the game and the story for you.. BUT since another person in this challenge has it also on his/her list i wont be the spoiler boy ?
  • Will finish act4 tomorrow.

Until later people, have a nice week. Next update will be ready after the weekend. :)

-----

Quick short update: I will add LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 [PS4] as my 12. game (see above).

Edited by Geridian
Added 1 game, did not want to raise a new post.
  • Like 2