Summer 2019 Backlog Challenge

1. Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3)  - 18%->31%

2. Bound by Flame (PS3) - 4% 

3. Broken Age - 18%

4. The Walking Dead Collection - 100% :platinum: [6.25.19]

5. Murdered Soul Suspect - 100% :platinum: [6.25.19]

6. A Plague Tale: Innocence - 14%

Was on vacation for the past week. Just made a bit more progress on Sly 2: Band of Thieves today. Hoping to finish at least two or three games this month but it's looking like chances are slim.

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls: 13% => 48% => 100%:platinum:: Completed on July 14, 2019, link to trophy list

Resonance of Fate: 23%

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!: 0% => 4%

Fate/Extella Link: 0% => 26% => 51% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 23, 2019, link to trophy list

Cat Quest: 0% => 21% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 29, 2019, link to trophy list

Secret of Mana: 0%

Blue Reflection: 0%

Demon's Souls: 0% => 16%

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana: 0%

Demon's Souls: Didn't make as much progress as I thought I'd make until now. Cleared 1-1, 1-2, 4-1, 2-1, 2-2, and 2-3. Will start working on world 3 next and maybe finish that today.

My goal is still to get DeS done in July, but might not be able to do it. Progress will be slow again starting on Monday.

• Like 3

Finally some progress!

After being sidetracked with finishing up the DLC for Battlefield 3 (not part of my backlog challenge)

I finally found the motivation to start over with Rime again. Decided to do so yesterday evening, if I would have

started earlier I wouldn't have to go back this morning. The gameplay was pretty boring, but the story itself was ok. Loved the music throughout. Rime was platinum 170! No progress on Bad Company 2 yet.  Also haven't decided if I'm going to switch one of the games. Here's the score so far.

1. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 22% => 72% => 74% => 82% (62/73)
  2. Seasons After Fall - 27% => 30% => 100% (22/22) :platinum:
  3. Bioshock - 10%
  4. Apotheon - 8%
  5. Rime - 17% => 100% (32/32) :platinum:
  6. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 3% 

So next up is either Crash Bandicoot or Bioshock, while I'll also be going for the remaing trophies for Bad Company 2, to get the 100% Good luck everyone!

Edited by neospoon
  • Like 4

Metro 2033 Redux: 4%

PSVR Worlds: 29%  
God Of War 57
%

Detroit: Become Human 25-77%

COMPLETED GAMES

Tumble VR 100% :platinum:  18 June

Steep: 100% :platinum: 24 June

Back from vacation! Next 2 weeks will be grinding.

Well then, finished the story for DBH, hoping to get the plat within the next few days. I think this game is on my top 5 list of games ever.

Is heavy rain and beyond two sould any good? I have both from previous months of ps plus.

Edited by NillerKasket
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, NillerKasket said:

Is heavy rain and beyond two sould any good? I have both from previous months of ps plus.

I really liked Heavy rain, beyond two souls is alright too although to me less compelling story wise, I also felt that B2S played a lot slower. Still need to go back to it and finish it.

• Like 1

Probably not going to do any of the remaining games until August because then KYCX will be over. I'll just then take time to work on the games I played in that event with one of the games on my list. Oh, and I have both Dragon Quest Builders and Builders 2 I have to play. :(

Oops! Posted on the wrong thread. Sorry!

Edited by RuneEyesDragon

Update:

• Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back [PS4] - :platinum: (100%)
  • God of War [PS3] - :platinum: (100%)
  • Final Fantasy XV [PS4] - 28%
  • Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps and Beans [PS4] - 8% => 100% :platinum: 
  • Project Cars [PS4]:platinum: (100%)
  • Days Gone [PS4] - :platinum: (77%)

Well, this went a lot faster than I thought, Slaps and Beans is done. It was a great drive down nostalgia lane. Knowing the characters and movies I had more fun with it than the average person would, but I think it can still hold up for others. There are some performance issues however, like sound effects completely getting cut (and the only way to fix it is to quit the game and restart it) and events not triggering (happened twice). If I knew at the time that this was a Kickstarter project I would have definitely backed it.

Now that that's done I've returned to Days Gone. Started on Survival Mode, I was hoping to make it up to Iron Mike's today but not there yet. For the rest of this month I want to fully catch up on Days Gone and starting next month I'll hit FF XV full throttle (while doing the weekly challenges in DG).

• Like 4

New update time!

Marvel's Spider-Man-:platinum: June 21, 100% July 16

Bard's Gold-100% July 1

Dragon Sinker-0=>2%

Afrika

Bastion 

Citizens of Earth 

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Shakedown Hawaii

Decided to go ahead and start Dragon Sinker. So far it's pretty easy and the retro style is neat, but the sound is kinda driving me up the wall! My cat tried to stop my gaming early. xD 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 4

Just grinding out things on Thief, have to finish up the client jobs and get as many thieving challenges done as I can. Then go back and finish the story off and repeat the earlier chapters for collectibles. Final step will be a 2nd playthrough with no kills or being spotted etc which should be fun. It is a good game in patches but then frustrating at other points.

Not got much gaming time at the minute with family stuff etc so not making progress I would like but I will give it my best shot.

Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter 100%

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell 100%

Thief 8% - 21%

Batman The Enemy Within 100%

What Remains of Edith Finch 100%

• Like 3

1) Infamous (PS3) - 23%

2) Demon's Souls (PS3) - 8%

3) Dishonored definitive edition (PS4) - 1%

4) The last of us (PS3) - 16% 27a1.png 89% (:platinum: on 10/07/2019) 

5) Oxenfree (PS4) - 12%

6) Assassin's creed: Freedom Cry (PS3) - 5% ➡️ 100% (✅ on 11/07/2019) Link

7) Everybody's gone to the rapture (PS4) - 17%

8) Iconoclasts (PS4) - 15%

9) Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 8%

10) Detroit: Become Human (PS4) - 16%

11) Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - 16%

12) LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4 (PS4) - 15%

13) Sekiro: Shadows die twice (PS4) - 23%

14) Journey (PS4) - 0% ➡️ 100% ( on 22/07/2019) Link

15) InFAMOUS Second Son (PS4) - 0%

16) ICO (PS3) - 3% 27a1.png 100% (:platinum:/2705.png on 27/06/2019) Link

17) Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) - 0%

18) The Last Guardian (PS4) - 0%

19) Outlast (PS4) - 0%

20) The vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4) - 0%

21) SOMA (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 5%

Journey (PS4)

Been on vacation the past week, so didn't have much time to play. Got back home from my journey to France yesterday and decided to immediately go on a new one, albeit a more virtual one this time. Went through my first playthrough as blindly as possible without worrying too much about collectibles and other trophies, just trying to enjoy this wonderful journey as much as I could. I don't think I'll need to tell anyone how beautiful this game is. If anyone ever asks me why exactly I love gaming so much, it's pretty much because of experiencing stuff like this. Glad to see that this small indie game got the recognition it deserves. 

On a more serious note, the coop trophies had me a bit worried at first in order to reach 100% but the playerbase is luckily still very active today. I Immediately encountered someone at the beginning of my second playthrough who was aiming for the trophies as well. I went through the entire game with this very same partner which is a totally new experience on its own. The journey becomes even better when you can share it entirely with someone else. Afterwards I just had to clean up the last few miscellaneous trophies in order to reach ✅. 

I'll probably dive into "Everybody's gone to the rapture" next, or perhaps I'll finish up SOMA first, we'll see I guess.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 4

Metro 2033 Redux: 4%

PSVR Worlds: 29%  
God Of War 57
%

Detroit: Become Human 77-86%

COMPLETED GAMES

Tumble VR 100% :platinum:  18 June

Steep: 100% :platinum: 24 June

Completed abit more of DBH, still enjoying it. I am a bit worried about getting connor killed at all available moments. But I'll figure it out.

New update time!

Bard's Gold-100% July 1

Dragon Sinker-2=>7%

Afrika

Bastion 

Citizens of Earth 

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Shakedown Hawaii

Didn't make much progress. Was mostly grinding some and doing side things.

Thief coming along nicely, completed the story now so just got the clean up to do followed by the 2nd run. Hope everyone is enjoying their choices and making good progress!

Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter 100%

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell 100%

Thief 21% - 40%

Batman The Enemy Within 100%

What Remains of Edith Finch 100%

• Like 1

New update time!

Bard's Gold-100% July 1

Dragon Sinker-7=>12%

Afrika

Bastion 

Citizens of Earth 

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Shakedown Hawaii

I probably would've platted this game or would be closer, but I've been so busy the last few days. Not really that much to it. The music has grown on me a bit, too. 

1) Infamous (PS3) - 23%

2) Demon's Souls (PS3) - 8%

3) Dishonored definitive edition (PS4) - 1%

4) The last of us (PS3) - 16% 27a1.png 89% (:platinum: on 10/07/2019) 

5) Oxenfree (PS4) - 12%

6) Assassin's creed: Freedom Cry (PS3) - 5% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 11/07/2019) Link

7) Everybody's gone to the rapture (PS4) - 17% ➡️ 18%

8) Iconoclasts (PS4) - 15%

9) Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 8%

10) Detroit: Become Human (PS4) - 16%

11) Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - 16%

12) LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4 (PS4) - 15%

13) Sekiro: Shadows die twice (PS4) - 23%

14) Journey (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 22/07/2019) Link

15) InFAMOUS Second Son (PS4) - 0%

16) ICO (PS3) - 3% 27a1.png 100% (:platinum:/2705.png on 27/06/2019) Link

17) Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) - 0%

18) The Last Guardian (PS4) - 0%

19) Outlast (PS4) - 0%

20) The vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4) - 0%

21) SOMA (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 100% (✅ on 25/07/2019) Link

SOMA

Decided to finish up SOMA first before moving on to anything else. For someone who hasn't really played any survival horror games yet, unless you consider Bioshock to be part of the genre, I wasn't too sure if this game would be something I'd actually enjoy or not. I played it for an hour or so a couple months back but I quickly moved on to something else and kinda forgot about it untill I saw someone else posting about it here. I decided to give the game a second chance upon reading this positive review and in all honesty...I'm really glad that I did. The beginning of the game was a bit slow and confusing but as soon as the main story elements began to take shape it quickly became more and more interesting along the way. Plotwise this game was really top notch, not going to spoil anything but it was definitely one of the better narratives I've seen in videogames. I really like where Frictional decided to go with things and how they handled them. Gameplaywise it was quite good as well, the puzzles were mostly creative and challenging, in a non frustrating way, and exploring the different levels was definitely a blast. My only complaint to the game probably comes with the enemy encounters, which I often found to be more of a nuisance than anything else, although being chased by one managed to get my heart pounding like crazy every single time so I'll have to give them that ? . Just the way they implemented the stealth wasn't something I particularily enjoyed tbh, but maybe I handled things the wrong way. For me the game was at its best when I could just take my time to explore every nook and cranny, unfolding backstory elements and some foreshadowing towards future events left and right. It also helped that the trophies were pretty much all story related so I could just focus on enjoying the journey without worrying about missing some stuff. Overall a pretty good game which deserves a recommendation.

Played a tiny bit more of Everybody's gone to the rapture afterwards where I just specifically aimed for a single trophy that I had missed earlier on. I've noticed that you can't really do all trophies in one smooth playthrough anyway so for this first run I guess I'm just going to ignore some trophies and try to enjoy what the game has to offer, exploring as much as I can.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 2

Update #8:

• Foul Play (0%) => 62%
  • God of War III Remastered (0%)
  • Master Reboot (0%) => 100%
  • Overcooked (0%)
  • Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (0%)
  • Sonic Mania (0%)
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2%) => 100%
  • Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut (PS3) (0%) => 100%
  • SOMA (0%) => 100%
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) (0%) => 100%
  • What Remains of Edith Finch (0%) => 100%
Finished Uncharted: Golden Abyss shortly after my last update. I essentially only had kill-grinding left, but it still took roughly 750 kills in order to clean up everything I had yet to complete. Pretty good game, and it's also my first proper Vita platinum. Hopefully many more to come!

Next, I decided to load up Master Reboot and give it a go. I followed an excellent text guide which enabled me to get everything done in one play-through without spoiling anything for me. Honestly, I struggled to follow the story-line for most of the game, but it became clearer as the game neared it's conclusion (I think). The cutscenes, as short as they were, didn't really match up with the atmosphere of the game and felt quite out of place. The platforming sections were also slightly annoying due to your characters clunky movement. I felt it was an average walking simulator, and really can't say it was too memorable at all.

Finally, I decided to test out Foul Play as I was quite unsure as to what I wanted to play next. Started it on the Vita, and I'm happy I did as I feel it's a game more suited to the Vita as opposed to the PS4. I completed it this evening and it was a relatively enjoyable experience. The game play is straightforward, and there isn't too much variety in terms of enemies. I could've challenged myself more by upping the difficulty, but I decided against it. You essentially play out acts on a stage in front of a crowd, and they respond to your game-play based on how well/poorly you are performing. There is a bit of a story as well, and plenty of humour. I'll have to unlock all charms (complete the 3 mission tasks associated with each individual mission) and obtain a total of 110 stars (a total of 5 stars can be obtained per mission) in order to obtain the platinum, along with a few miscellaneous trophies.

I also managed to obtain the 100% in Uncharted 3 last weekend, and I now feel like I have all the time for gaming in the world. Looking forward to August, I expect to complete quite a few games that have been sitting at 0% for way too long. Will probably stick with PS Plus titles, assuming I can get all of the above complete.

@Flex_Da_Brent Glad to see you enjoyed SOMA, you summarised the game a whole lot better than I ever could. I plan to play Everybody's Gone to the Rapture at some stage, so be sure to post your thoughts after you have spent enough time with the game. ?
Edited by GraniteSnake
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

@Flex_Da_Brent Glad to see you enjoyed SOMA, you summarised the game a whole lot better than I ever could. I plan to play Everybody's Gone to the Rapture at some stage, so be sure to post your thoughts after you have spent enough time with the game. 1f607.png

Well thank you for writing about it in the first place! I probably would have never went back to it otherwise and thus missing out on a very good game. If you happen to have any other recommendations of similar games for me then I'm all ears! 

Considering Everybody's gone to the rapture, I'm currently around 75% done with the game and I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I initially expected. Walking around all by yourself at 1mph (you can take that quite literally) through the abandoned English countryside without any sort of challenge, personality or clear objectives provided to you whatsoever doesn't really sound all that promising or fun but they surprisingly managed to make it work somehow, mostly due to the gorgeous environmental design and the beautiful soundtrack. As you've probably already came to know by now, I'm a huge fan of exploration in games and I like to take things very slowly in general, always making sure I've seen and done absolutely everything before moving on. This game fits right up my alley in that regard since exploring is basically what you'll be doing the whole time, so I guess in the end that's really what you should base your decision upon regarding whether you're going to like it or not. Storywise I'm actually not sure how everything is going to unfold in the end, since so far most questions on what exactly occured remain still pretty much unanswered. I'm wondering if there will be some big reveal or explanation at the end or if they will just leave it all up for our own interpretation. Interested to see where they'll take it tbh. 

I've noticed that many people found the slow movement speed to be a major flaw of the game. Personally, however, I think it adds greatly to the overall calmness and serenity of things, but I can definitely understand why some people will just find it really annoying. My only complaint with the game so far comes more from a practical standpoint, mostly regarding the trophy list since some trophy descriptions are really vague on what you actually have to do exactly in order to earn them. Of course there are plenty of guides around to help you out but I don't really like to be forced to look one up all the time to make sure I didn't miss anything. Besides, even the guides don't always seem to know for sure which is required for a trophy and which isn't, often resulting them in contradicting eachother or leaving stuff out that ends up being necessary after all. Trophies are notorious to glitch out as well on this game so right now I'm just really hoping that I'll earn all of them smoothly. I'm enjoying the game for now but that might quickly change for the worse if I have to replay it 4-5 times to get the plat. 

Congrats btw on getting a lot of stuff done and especially on reaching 100% in U3! That's quite impressive. I've heard and read about the requirements and the hours and hours of grinding necessary to reach that point and I guess I should really count myself lucky to own the remastered ps4 version instead of the ps3 original ^^ Especially now with the servers closing. How much time did you end up spending on it?

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

New update time!

Bard's Gold-100% July 1

Dragon Sinker-12=>38%

Afrika

Bastion 

Citizens of Earth 

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Shakedown Hawaii

Got more into the story and knocked out the RNG trophies. Not much more left to do story wise, but have to do some grinding.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

Update!

Didn't have a lot of gaming time this week. Only got 2 trophies in Phoenix Wright. It's been 40 degrees also in the Netherlands so not really weather for gaming, but more for going to the beach :) Hope to have some more time next week.

1. Phoenix Wright: Ace attorney trilogy - 30% (12/31) ---> 34% (14/31)
2. The Walking Dead the final season - 0% (0/49)
3. Persona 5 - 85% (45/49) —> 100% (49/49) :platinum: 15-07-2019
4. Astro Bot Rescue Mission - 14% (7/37)
5. Judgement - 0% (0/47)

• Like 1

FYI, I will be posting the fall challenge August 1. Hope everyone has been having fun this summer and hopefully some of you will be back for the fall. Just as a reminder, any preorders or upcoming releases that fall between September 1 and November 30 can be used. And entering Borderlands 3 five times is not acceptable. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

FYI, I will be posting the fall challenge August 1. Hope everyone has been having fun this summer and hopefully some of you will be back for the fall. Just as a reminder, any preorders or upcoming releases that fall between September 1 and November 30 can be used. And entering Borderlands 3 five times is not acceptable. ?

I'm definitely in again! I think I've been a bit too ambitious with my summer list so I will probably have to carry over some games towards the fall event. I'll maybe try to take things a bit easier and just start out with 5 titles to begin with this time around ;)

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent