MidnightDragon

Summer 2019 Backlog Challenge

518 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

Well thank you for writing about it in the first place! I probably would have never went back to it otherwise and thus missing out on a very good game. If you happen to have any other recommendations of similar games for me then I'm all ears! 

Congrats btw on getting a lot of stuff done and especially on reaching 100% in U3! That's quite impressive. I've heard and read about the requirements and the hours and hours of grinding necessary to reach that point and I guess I should really count myself lucky to own the remastered ps4 version instead of the ps3 original ^^ Especially now with the servers closing. How much time did you end up spending on it?

Well looking at your list it pains my eyes to see The Last Guardian sitting at 0%, probably my favourite PS4 game (granted I haven't actually played that many). Definitely have a think about giving it a go at some stage, I think it would be right up your alley. Gorgeous environments, a soothing soundtrack and a pretty emotional plot. I guess you can say exploration is the aim of the game, but it's more moving from place to place solving puzzles and trying to figure out how to move forwards. The AI (Trico) can be quite frustrating at times, but as you play the game more you start to understand how to control him and how to manipulate his movements. Be warned though that the trophy list does not do the game any justice, and features a bunch of aggravating trophies. I think it took me 4-5 playthrough's to get the platinum, with the first being a blind run. Your thoughts on Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was an interesting read, and I'll be sure to check it out at some point in the future.

According to the leaderboards on Uncharted 3, I had spent 105 hours on the game by the time I picked up the 100%. I'm not sure if that includes total time spent in multiplayer, or just actual game time, but I'd imagine it's the latter. It took me just over a month from start to finish, while playing other games in between (Golden Abyss / The Phantom Pain). I thought it was going to sit at an ugly 51% forever, but the announcement of the server closure meant I couldn't avoid it any longer. Going to (hopefully) stay away from multiplayer grinds for a while now.

Marvel's Spider-Man-:platinum: June 21, 100% July 16

Bard's Gold-100% July 1

Dragon Sinker-38=>82%

Afrika

Bastion 

Citizens of Earth 

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Shakedown Hawaii

All that remains is some postgame stuff. Currently grinding to prepare for it. Also 100 trophies away from 2,500! :yay: 

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

And entering Borderlands 3 five times is not acceptable. 1f61d.png

😢

I did have The Outer Worlds on there as well 😁

Edited by Fnee2000

15 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

FYI, I will be posting the fall challenge August 1. Hope everyone has been having fun this summer and hopefully some of you will be back for the fall. Just as a reminder, any preorders or upcoming releases that fall between September 1 and November 30 can be used. And entering Borderlands 3 five times is not acceptable. 1f61d.png

Sweet you can put me down again. This has been the only thing to push me to finish games off. Good to get people's thoughts on prospective games as well 

Posted (edited)

No trophies earned this week so far (from my list). Been playing Days Gone Survival mode and I'm nearing the end but I'm reading doing challenges nets you upgrades you can use in campaign perhaps. So I might change strategies and just do the challenges over the weekend then return to campaign... not that it's hard tho, but making it easier never hurts.

Edited by DizzyDavidson

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

Well looking at your list it pains my eyes to see The Last Guardian sitting at 0%, probably my favourite PS4 game (granted I haven't actually played that many). Definitely have a think about giving it a go at some stage, I think it would be right up your alley.

Thanks for the recommendation! I indeed expect it to be something I'd like a lot, considering how much I enjoyed ICO. Definitely going to play it somewhere during August! Perhaps even right after "everybody's gone to the rapture", depending on my mood of that moment I guess :)

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

Posted (edited)

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls: 13% => 48% => 100%:platinum:: Completed on July 14, 2019, link to trophy list

Resonance of Fate: 23%

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!: 0% => 4%

Fate/Extella Link: 0% => 26% => 51% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 23, 2019, link to trophy list

Cat Quest: 0% => 21% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 29, 2019, link to trophy list

Secret of Mana: 0%

Blue Reflection: 0%

Demon's Souls: 0% => 16% => 37%

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana: 0%

Demon's Souls: Cleared 3-2, 3-3, 4-2, 4-3, 5-1, 5-2- 5-3, and got some weapon-related trophies. Didn't make much progress during the week, but if I can keep this up, getting it done in July should be no problem. I think it'll take another ten hours at most. Assuming RNG isn't terrible when farming upgrade materials, that is. This can take much longer if it is.

And since you mentioned the fall challenge: I'll probably skip that. Fall has Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. I'll spend 100s of hours on that game alone, don't think I'll play many other games this fall and don't even know if MHW Iceborne is elligible. Could just be more trophies in the vanilla MHW list, meaning my completion would be way higher than the 30%. Or maybe it doesn't have trophies at all.

Edited by viech54

Posted (edited)

Not a whole lot of updates for me due to the hot weather as @Fanatixa1 mentioned, also I made the mistake of starting new games, which I shouldn't have (I'm looking at you Fishing Sim World) Who could've thought that a fishing game could be so addictive and satisfying! Made some good progress in Bad Company 2, not trophy wise but towards 2 trophies, which is getting 100 kills with 12 different weapons. I think I need around 600 more. I have to thank my buddy @MadMardigan_88 for helping out boosting those kills (it does take forever) Still need to start on the Onslaught DLC

I've decided to go on with Crash Bandicoot 2 instead of switching it out. It's not as hard as I thought it would be so far, just one or two levels that gave me a little bit of a hard time. Right now I have around 7 levels to complete and then it's on to the time trials. I'm not really sure if I can completely finish my list but I'm happy I joined this challenge as it gives me some goals to actually finish some of my older games. I'll be joining the Fall challenge for sure, this time from the start :)

Anyways here's where I'm at so far

1. Rime - 100% (32/32) :platinum:
  2. Seasons After Fall - 100% (22/22) :platinum:
  3. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 22% => 72% => 85% (64/73) :platinum:
  4. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 3% => 63% (17/25)
  5. Bioshock - 10% (9/66)
  6. Apotheon - 8% (4/31)

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by neospoon

Update time! Been working 50 hour weeks since the last update, squeezed a lot of gaming in during my downtime however :) Finished Dragon Quest Builders 2, really one of the nicest games I have played for a long time. All of the charm of the first title with some quality of life and mechanical improvements. No missables or timed challenges, was very relaxed and cosy for the majority of the game except some very time intensive ones (such as breeding 4 generations of pets etc). Really happy it worked out to be platinum trophy #150.

On holiday now! :) Off to the beach for a couple of days, will take my vita incase it rains. When I get back I think I'm just going to muck around with my backlog and play some titles I see in the sales but I do plan on finishing the latest Atelier before I go back to work.

Can't wait for the Fall challenge. I have my eye on Age of Wonders but I might sneak that in at the end of the Summer challenge.

Cold steel 11%
Atelier Firis 12% 
Pheoenix Wright: Ace Attourney Trilogy 11% 
The surge 15%
Thea the awakening 24%
Atelier scion 11%
my time at portia 21%
grand kingdom? 30%
Chasm 13%
World of Final fantasy 20%

Catan VR 40% > 43%
What Remains of Edith Finch 100%
Metagal PS4 100%
Super weekend mode PS4 100%
My big sister PS4 100%

Graveyard Keeper 100%

Dragon quest builders 2 0% > 100%

Marvel's Spider-Man-:platinum: June 21, 100% July 16

Bard's Gold-100% July 1

Dragon Sinker-82%=>100% :platinum: July 27

Afrika

Bastion 

Citizens of Earth 

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

Shakedown Hawaii

Got the platinum for Dragon Sinker today. Probably would've sooner had I not been so tied up. 

1. Danganronpa Another Episode - 100%

2. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games - 0%

3. Chaos;Child - 100%

4. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - 100%

5. The Sims 4 - 100%

6. Tokyo Xanadu eX+ - 20.....55%

I haven't updated in a while, but over the past few weeks I have made a bit of progress in Tokyo X. The game's pretty average. There's a lot of dungeons to complete and you must S rank and find all the treasures in them for 2 trophies. But the game includes a good tracking system if you missed a treasure (not where), and which dungeons have been as ranked. But most importantly, you can go back and redo the dungeons you've missed. The caviat being that you can't miss any dungeon, otherwise you'd have to make sure it's done in the next, mandatory, play through. Anywho I'll be glad to have this finished.

Posted (edited)

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls: 13% => 48% => 100%:platinum:: Completed on July 14, 2019, link to trophy list

Fate/Extella Link: 0% => 26% => 51% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 23, 2019, link to trophy list

Cat Quest: 0% => 21% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 29, 2019, link to trophy list

Demon's Souls: 0% => 16% => 37% => 67%

Demon's Souls: Cleared 1-3, got all world/character tendency events. Got most weapon-related trophies, all rings, and all miracles. The endgame grind is about to start. Already got all upgrade materials from crystal lizards, meaning the consistent part is over. It's now entirely up to luck. This can take anywhere from a few minutes to many hours. When I completed the game the first and second time, it took me around two hours to get the upgrade materials (but some players had to grind for 10+ hours). Hope it won't be worse than on my previous playthroughs.

edit: Got the Pure Bladestone. This is the random one from the paragraph above. It took me around three hours this time. Now it's back to the more consistent parts of the game.

Which are:

1.Get one Marrowstone/Pulpstone (name depends on the version of the game) and upgrade the corresponding weapon. This shouldn't take long, it's not exactly rare or at least not even close to the rarity of the Pure Bladestone.

2 Beat the final boss and grab the weapon, then leave before triggering the ending.

3 Craft all special weapons.

4 Get good ending.

5. Start NG+, play through Palace of Boletaria to free Yuria, then learn final sorcery, then get plat.

Edited by viech54

Update:

• Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back [PS4] - :platinum: (100%)
  • God of War [PS3] - :platinum: (100%)
  • Final Fantasy XV [PS4] - 28%
  • Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps and Beans [PS4] - :platinum: (100%)
  • Project Cars [PS4]:platinum: (100%)
  • Days Gone [PS4]77% => 83% (:platinum:)

I got gold on all the main challenges (that are out so far) in Days Gone and got all challenge trophies that are obtainable at this point. I have gold on most sub-challenges too (3 silver) but according to the description I only need to get any medal on them. I'll leave them like that unless we are required to get gold for some reason. So now it's back to the campaign which should be done in the next couple of days, then moving on to FFXV.

Little bit more Thief progress made over the weekend. Finally got the nonsensical thieving challenges complete and almost completed collectibles and the stupid secret areas (that you can't track I might add). Once those bits are done it will be on to the custom 2nd playthrough for me. I have enjoyed this game but hated it at the same time. Collectibles let it down big time for me, so much repeating missions and backtracking to do.

Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter 100%

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell 100%

Thief 40% - 54%

Batman The Enemy Within 100%

What Remains of Edith Finch 100%

This hasn't gone too well so far.. I think I chose the wrong game to start with (Beach Buggy Racing), and have been working on F1 2017 multiplayer instead 🙄

I'm not going to rule myself out just yet though, still a month to go and I could yet find my mojo.. Think I may have to start one of the other games though! 😂

Pathetic update #1

Assassin's Creed II (PS4) : 0%

Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3) : 0%

Beach Buggy Racing (PS4) : 0% => 17%

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (PS4) : 0%

Game of Thrones (PS4) : 0%

Posted (edited)

1) Infamous (PS3) - 23%

2) Demon's Souls (PS3) - 8%

3) Dishonored definitive edition (PS4) - 1%

4) The last of us (PS3) - 16% 27a1.png 89% (:platinum: on 10/07/2019) 

5) Oxenfree (PS4) - 12%

6) Assassin's creed: Freedom Cry (PS3) - 5% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 11/07/2019) Link

7) Everybody's gone to the rapture (PS4) - 17% ➡️ 100% (:platinum:/✅ on 29/07/2019) Link

8) Iconoclasts (PS4) - 15%

9) Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 8%

10) Detroit: Become Human (PS4) - 16%

11) Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - 16%

12) LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4 (PS4) - 15%

13) Sekiro: Shadows die twice (PS4) - 23%

14) Journey (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 22/07/2019) Link

15) InFAMOUS Second Son (PS4) - 0%

16) ICO (PS3) - 3% 27a1.png 100% (:platinum:/2705.png on 27/06/2019) Link

17) Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) - 0%

18) The Last Guardian (PS4) - 0%

19) Outlast (PS4) - 0%

20) The vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4) - 0% ➡️ 35%

21) SOMA (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 100% (✅ on 25/07/2019) Link

Everybody's gone to the rapture

Played through the last bit of my semi-blind run yesterday where I unexpectedly ended up picking up all of the collectible trophies as well (even though I was quite sure I had missed some stuff along the way), so that luckily made it a lot easier to earn the plat today. Or at least it should have, but of course the game decided to crash halfway during the run all the while there's a specific trophy which basically doesn't allow you to save at all so yeah... I didn't quite enjoy this second playthrough tbh ^^ Some trophies really don't do the game justice in my opinion.

Not that this will immensely affect my judgement since I did quite enjoy my time with the game itself! Biggest strenghts for me were the exploration value, the graphics/environmental design and last but not least: the soundtrack. Gameplaywise, however, there really isn't a lot to it, considering it's basically nothing more than a (very slow) walking simulator. This can and will probably be very off-putting to many people, but I didn't really mind since it actually felt kinda relaxing for once, although I might have enjoyed something like a little puzzle here and there. Oh well, can't have everything I suppose.

Storywise I found it to be a bit dissapointing. It started of quite interesting and the presentation is very unique but in the end it kinda felt a bit flat and unsatisfying. There is some great philosophical value to it I guess but I just expected a bit more tbh, especially after hearing all the praise about it.

Overall still something I would definitely recommend if you're interested in trying it out, the good aspects outweigh the bad by far!

The vanishing of Ethan Carter

Had some time left so started this one up immediately afterwards and made it about a third into the story. So far having a great time with it! Another short but sweet walking simulator with some clever puzzles, I guess that's all I need.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

Demon's Souls: 0% => 16% => 37% => 67% => 91%

Demon's Souls: Got the pulpstone chunk. Got all weapons. Defeated the last two bosses and got the good ending. All that's left is NG+ to reach and free Yuria to learn the last sorcery from her. This will happen tomorrow.

Posted (edited)

Made some progress on Crash Bandicoot 2. I really hope I can get through the time trials. Tried the first level, got it gold but it took some time. It’s pretty much all that’s left to do together with one easy trophy I forgot to do first. Don’t have a lot of time until Thursday. Also I have decided not to switch out Bioshock and just go with my original picks. I put them on my list for a reason!

I’ll probably won’t get Bad Company 2 done before the end of August but having the platinum and a lot of the DLC trophies so far in pretty much 2 weeks is an achievements on its own for me. Anyway here’s the score so far.

1. Rime - 100% (32/32) :platinum:
  2. Seasons After Fall - 100% (22/22) :platinum:
  3. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 22% => 72% => 85% (64/73) :platinum:
  4. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 3% => 63% => 84% (20/25)
  5. Bioshock - 10% (9/66)
  6. Apotheon - 8% (4/31)

We’re almost entering the last month of the summer challenge. let’s go all out and get as much done as we can!!! Good luck everyone!

Edited by neospoon

Metro 2033 Redux: 4%

PSVR Worlds: 29%  
God Of War 57
%

Detroit: Become Human 86-89%

COMPLETED GAMES

Tumble VR 100% :platinum:  18 June

Steep: 100% :platinum: 24 June

Barely got anything done trophy wise, but I got a lot of the magazines. Once im done with them im on to the last playthrough and the :platinum:!

Also i bought Watch_Dogs 1+2. Just got done with a really stupid RNG trophy in the first game. Now i only need side missions and DLC to finish that even though its not on my list. 

Tommorow i will try to get all magazines and do one last mission with Kara in DBH. When done with that I'll try to get done with God of War.

Posted (edited)

1) Infamous (PS3) - 23%

2) Demon's Souls (PS3) - 8%

3) Dishonored definitive edition (PS4) - 1%

4) The last of us (PS3) - 16% 27a1.png 89% (:platinum: on 10/07/2019) 

5) Oxenfree (PS4) - 12%

6) Assassin's creed: Freedom Cry (PS3) - 5% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 11/07/2019) Link

7) Everybody's gone to the rapture (PS4) - 17% 27a1.png 100% (:platinum:/2705.png on 29/07/2019) Link

8) Iconoclasts (PS4) - 15%

9) Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 8%

10) Detroit: Become Human (PS4) - 16%

11) Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - 16%

12) LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4 (PS4) - 15%

13) Sekiro: Shadows die twice (PS4) - 23%

14) Journey (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 22/07/2019) Link

15) InFAMOUS Second Son (PS4) - 0%

16) ICO (PS3) - 3% 27a1.png 100% (:platinum:/2705.png on 27/06/2019) Link

17) Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) - 0%

18) The Last Guardian (PS4) - 0%

19) Outlast (PS4) - 0%

20) The vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 100% (✅ on 29/07/2019) Link

21) SOMA (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 25/07/2019) Link

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Turns out I was already pretty much over halfway done with it this morning so didn't really take long to finish things up. Pretty good game to be honest despite it being so extremely short. Gorgeous visuals, a pretty interesting story and some orignal and fun puzzledesign to top things off. Shame it's already over again... Oh well at least I get to cross off another game of my list.

Speaking about that list...I've decided to make use of my one-time swap to switch out one of the more timeconsuming games. Not sure which game I will take out yet but the game I'm going to replace it with will be Adam's Venture: Origins. I've bought it a couple years ago but never really got around to give it a try untill today. Definitely not the best game ever made visually and the dialogue is a bit...special I guess but I'm enjoying the puzzles so far and that's what the game is really all about after all. Personally I think that demon's souls will probably be the longest to complete or maybe Sekiro or dishonored...I'll best do some research I guess before making my final decision.  If perhaps any of you has a good suggestion on which game to drop don't hesistate to let me know! :)

{EDIT} Decided not to switch anything (yet). So for now my list will stay the same.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

@Flex_Da_Brent Tough choice, Horizon Zero Dawn will definitely take you some time, but its too good of a game to drop (espcially for Adam's Venture). I also had a blast playing inFamous Second Son, its relatively short but a lot of fun (don't drop it). LEGO Harry Potter, LEGO games in general are always fun to play! Far Cry Primal while not the hardest, for me was the most boring out of the games I played on your list, but to swap any of your games out with Adam's Venture... Are you sure? It's one of the worst games I've played. The graphics are well, not that great. The dialog/voice acting is cheesy. The controls are pretty bad, overal I pretty much just did not enjoy it :P

11 hours ago, neospoon said:

Made some progress on Crash Bandicoot 2. I really hope I can get through the time trials. Tried the first level, got it gold but it took some time. It’s pretty much all that’s left to do together with one easy trophy I forgot to do first. Don’t have a lot of time until Thursday. Also I have decided not to switch out Bioshock and just go with my original picks. I put them on my list for a reason!

Good call keeping Bioshock in dude, it is a stunning game once you get going with it. I have put Crash off due to the time trial elements so let me know how they stack up at the end.

@Flex_Da_Brent I am with Neo on this one, I wouldn't swap an of them out for Adam's Venture which I avoided due to it looking so awful. The games you mentioned replacing are all top titles that I am looking forward to myself at some point. All depends on time restraints though bud.

Update #15...

Not much of an update, but since it has been a month since my last update I figured I would post this. My July has been riddled with Lego games that I put in for the Gaming By Numbers event. I tried to do games that aren’t already on other event lists but two games go across events. I am now finally on one of those two games. Made a small bit of progress on Lego The Hobbit. I have a long haul ahead of me for that game and Lego Batman 3. Will see if I can still manage to complete these last 8 games before the end of August or if I may have spread myself too thin doing two timed events at once...

Broken Age (PS4) - 17% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 22

Lego Legends of Chima (Vita) - 10% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 4

Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney Trilogy (PS4) - 7% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 17

Persona 4 : Dancing All Night (Vita) - 5% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 7

Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 18%

Lego Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham (PS4) - 1%

Lego The Hobbit (PS4) - 2% ➡️ 7%

Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (Vita) - 12%

Batman The Telltale Series (PS3) - 0% ➡️ :platinum: on June 28

Game of Thrones Telltale Series (PS3) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 3

Tales From The Borderlands (PS3) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 26

The Wolf Among Us (PS4) - 0%

The Walking Dead : The Final Season (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 24

WRC5 (PS4) - 28%

Noby Noby Boy (PS3) - 19% 27a1.png 100% 2705.png on June 5

The Mysteries of Little Riddle (PS3) - 22% 27a1.png 100% 2705.png on June 5

Beyond : Two Souls (PS3) - 24%

Puppeteer (PS3) - 7%

Cars 2 (PS3) - 20% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 18

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (PS3) - 17% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 20

Posted (edited)

@neospoon @freddie1989 Thank you both for the advice! I have to 100% agree with you since I just finished up Adam's venture and it's indeed not a very good game (putting it lightly). I've definitely played worse but it would be a major insult to replace some of the great titles that I have on my list with this.

To be fair though I found the puzzles, which are the core of the game after all, to be pretty decent but it's just everything else...It basically tried to copy uncharted in almost every aspect but managed to make it 10 times worse somehow, despite being released in 2016. Especially the extremely cheesy dialogue from the most stereotypical characters I've ever seen and the clunky gameplay mechanics became very irritating near the end. I almost quit this game entirely cause the very very (very) poorly executed "stealth" sections were really pissing me off. Glitches all over the shop as well but I would put this as a strenght of the game tbh since I had this thing where Adam would just keep spinning around during every single cutscene which was actually way funnier than any real "joke" the game tried to pull. 

So yeah I'm not going to switch out anything for this creature. Perhaps I'll just leave my list as it is since these were the games I wanted to play and complete the most in the first place and I'm probably not going to be able to finish everything anyway before the end of august. Thanks again for the feedback, appreciate it!

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

@Flex_Da_Brent That’s the best way to go!

There’s a reason it took me 9 months after earning the first 2 trophies in it to finally go back and finish it. It is definitely high up in my list of worst played games of all time!

Looking at your list again get, from the games I played I think only Far Cry Primal and LEGO Harry Potter required just one playthrough, some of the others require two and maybe even more. That might be something to think of if you do decide to drop a game. If I had to pick one for you, I’d say drop Outlast but that’s just because I don’t like scary games that much.