Summer 2019 Backlog Challenge

On 7/29/2019 at 11:16 AM, iXanon said:

This hasn't gone too well so far.. I think I chose the wrong game to start with (Beach Buggy Racing), and have been working on F1 2017 multiplayer instead ?

I'm not going to rule myself out just yet though, still a month to go and I could yet find my mojo.. Think I may have to start one of the other games though! ?

Pathetic update #1

Assassin's Creed II (PS4) : 0%

Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3) : 0%

Beach Buggy Racing (PS4) : 0% => 17%

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (PS4) : 0%

Game of Thrones (PS4) : 0%

So, I'm opting to defer this on to the Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge where I hope to be able to give this a much better go.

Unfortunately last week was a complete write-off as my little girl was admitted to Hospital.. Looking at the list of games, there's very little probability of me having the time to accomplish the challenge.

I'll swap out Game of Thrones since I've made a start on it and it'll probably be the only game that I do successfully 100% before the end of August, and will most likely add a couple of others given the additional time.. ?

14 minutes ago, iXanon said:

So, I'm opting to defer this on to the Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge where I hope to be able to give this a much better go.

Unfortunately last week was a complete write-off as my little girl was admitted to Hospital.. Looking at the list of games, there's very little probability of me having the time to accomplish the challenge.

I'll swap out Game of Thrones since I've made a start on it and it'll probably be the only game that I do successfully 100% before the end of August, and will most likely add a couple of others given the additional time.. ?

Hope she is ok pal.

• Like 2

I would like to take this opportunity to make a switch in my games.

I’ve decided Apotheon will have to wait. At the moment there is nothing that makes me want to play it. Instead I would like to start and finish What remains of Edith Finch. I might put Apotheon back on the list for the Fall/Winter challenge we’ll see.

I will restart my playthrough for Bioshock tomorrow.

1. Rime - 100% (32/32) :platinum:
  2. Seasons After Fall - 100% (22/22) :platinum:
  3. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 22% => 72% => 96% => 100% (73/73) :platinum:
  4. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 3% => 63% => 87% => 90% (23/25)
  5. Bioshock - 10% (9/66)
  6. What Remains of Edith Finch - 0% (0/9)

good luck to everyone!

Update #17...

Finished off WRC5 for PS4 and got platinum #300 to boot! Decent racing game for sliding around but there have been better Rally games. Handling was a bit tricky to get down. With only a little over 3 weeks left and less time to play than I would like, I have a feeling I may not be able to finish everything. Kind of spread myself a little thin doing two timed events at the same time. Will probably end up putting what I don't finish up for the fall/winter event...

Broken Age (PS4) - 17% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 22

Lego Legends of Chima (Vita) - 10% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 4

Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney Trilogy (PS4) - 7% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 17

Persona 4 : Dancing All Night (Vita) - 5% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 7

Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 18%

Lego Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham (PS4) - 1%

Lego The Hobbit (PS4) - 2% ➡️ 8%

Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (Vita) - 12%

Batman The Telltale Series (PS3) - 0% ➡️ :platinum: on June 28

Game of Thrones Telltale Series (PS3) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 3

Tales From The Borderlands (PS3) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 26

The Wolf Among Us (PS4) - 0%

The Walking Dead : The Final Season (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 24

WRC5 (PS4) - 28% ➡️ :platinum: on August 8

Noby Noby Boy (PS3) - 19% 27a1.png 100% 2705.png on June 5

The Mysteries of Little Riddle (PS3) - 22% 27a1.png 100% 2705.png on June 5

Beyond : Two Souls (PS3) - 24%

Puppeteer (PS3) - 7%

Cars 2 (PS3) - 20% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 18

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (PS3) - 17% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 20

• Like 3

Update time!

I'm still continuing Phoenix Wright. Think I'm almost at the end, I'm almost finished with case 3 of the last game. One more case after this one and then the game is done. Really hope to finish it next week. This weekend I'll be going to London, so I don't have much time for gaming. I'll be coming back on monday and will then have time to play after work.

I've been liking the game, but it's taking a lot more time then I expected. Just want to finish it now and start something else. Think I'll be going for The Walking Dead of Astro Bot Rescue Mission after.

1. Phoenix Wright: Ace attorney trilogy - 34% (14/31) ---> 69% (24/31)
2. The Walking Dead the final season - 0% (0/49)
3. Persona 5 - 85% (45/49) —> 100% (49/49) :platinum: 15-07-2019
4. Astro Bot Rescue Mission - 14% (7/37)
5. Judgement - 0% (0/47)

• Like 3

Minimal progress on Watch Dogs so far as it only has about 6 story related trophies so most will happen in the grind afterwards. Really enjoying it so far though, engaging story. I am going to keep it under the 35% bracket and use it for the next challenge.

Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter 100%

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell 100%

Thief 100%

Batman The Enemy Within 100%

What Remains of Edith Finch 100%

Watch Dogs 6% - 10%

• Like 4

1) Infamous (PS3) - 23% ➡️ 41% ➡️ 90%

2) Demon's Souls (PS3) - 8%

3) Dishonored definitive edition (PS4) - 1%

4) The last of us (PS3) - 16% 27a1.png 89% (:platinum: on 10/07/2019) 

5) Oxenfree (PS4) - 12%

6) Assassin's creed: Freedom Cry (PS3) - 5% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 11/07/2019) Link

7) Everybody's gone to the rapture (PS4) - 17% 27a1.png 100% (:platinum:/2705.png on 29/07/2019) Link

8) Iconoclasts (PS4) - 15%

9) Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 8%

10) Detroit: Become Human (PS4) - 16%

11) Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - 16%

12) LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4 (PS4) - 15%

13) Sekiro: Shadows die twice (PS4) - 23%

14) Journey (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 22/07/2019) Link

15) InFamous Second Son (PS4) - 0%

16) ICO (PS3) - 3% 27a1.png 100% (:platinum:/2705.png on 27/06/2019) Link

17) Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) - 0% 27a1.png 6%

18) The Last Guardian (PS4) - 0%

19) Outlast (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 3%

20) The vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 29/07/2019) Link

21) SOMA (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 25/07/2019) Link

Finished up my evil karma playthrough of InFamous. The final boss was surprisingly challenging on hard mode, especially compared to the other bosses (and basically everything else in the game). Thank god there were some checkpoints during the fight ?  Picked up most of the non-story related trophies as well, some were a bit grindy (literally) but nothing too bad. Just really glad I didn't end up with 349 out of 350 shards in the end or something. That would have been such a pain having to go and check everywhere for it. Now all that remains is finishing my good karma playthrough, which I started all the way back in 2012, while making sure to earn enough xp to buy all the upgrades. I think I got like halfway through the game back then so it shouldn't take too long anymore to get the plat. 

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls: 13% => 48% => 100%:platinum:: Completed on July 14, 2019, link to trophy list

Resonance of Fate: 23%

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!: 0% => 4%

Fate/Extella Link: 0% => 26% => 51% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 23, 2019, link to trophy list

Cat Quest: 0% => 21% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 29, 2019, link to trophy list

Secret of Mana: 0%

Blue Reflection: 0% => 17% => 34%

Demon's Souls: 0% => 16% => 37% => 67% => 91% => 100%, Completed on July 30, 2019, link to trophy list

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana: 0%

Reached the first free time slot in chapter 7 in Blue Reflection. Wanted to make more progress, so I'm a bit behind schedule (not that I really have a schedule other than the time spent playing). Getting it done the coming weekend still seems doable.

• Like 2

I can’t decide if What Remains of Edith Finch is the best walking simulator I’ve played or not. It’s definitely up there with some of the others I’ve played. Absolutely loved the story, the graphics looked the part, and the music was just wonderful! I need more of these kind of games (any suggestions outside the obvious ones?). Again I ask myself, what took me so long to finally play it.

With Edith Finch done, I can fully focus on Bioshock, I can’t remember how long the campaign is so I will aim on getting platinum first and see how much time is left afterwards to finish up the DLC as well. Here’s my score so far

3. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 100% (73/73) :platinum:
  4. What Remains of Edith Finch - 100% (9/9) ✅
  5. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 3% => 63% => 87% => 90% (23/25)
  6. Bioshock - 10% (9/66)

Keep it going everyone we are almost at the end!

Edited by neospoon
  • Like 3

1) InFamous (PS3) - 23% 27a1.png 100% (:platinum: on 09/08/2019) Link

2) Demon's Souls (PS3) - 8%

3) Dishonored definitive edition (PS4) - 1%

4) The last of us (PS3) - 16% 27a1.png 89% (:platinum: on 10/07/2019) 

5) Oxenfree (PS4) - 12%

6) Assassin's creed: Freedom Cry (PS3) - 5% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 11/07/2019) Link

7) Everybody's gone to the rapture (PS4) - 17% 27a1.png 100% (:platinum: on 29/07/2019) Link

8) Iconoclasts (PS4) - 15%

9) Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 8%

10) Detroit: Become Human (PS4) - 16%

11) Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - 16%

12) LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4 (PS4) - 15%

13) Sekiro: Shadows die twice (PS4) - 23%

14) Journey (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 22/07/2019) Link

15) InFamous Second Son (PS4) - 0%

16) ICO (PS3) - 3% 27a1.png 100% (:platinum: on 27/06/2019) Link

17) Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) - 0% 27a1.png 6%

18) The Last Guardian (PS4) - 0%

19) Outlast (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 3%

20) The vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 29/07/2019) Link

21) SOMA (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 25/07/2019) Link

Got the plat for InFamous. I remember being  impressed by this game's graphics and gameplay when I first played it 7 years ago and I got to admit that it aged fairly well. Considering how smooth the controls in a game from 2012 were really makes me wonder how they sometimes manage to screw things up so much in more recent titles. Graphics > gameplay I guess. I also remember thinking that this game was waay too difficult back then, perhaps the difficulty got patched or perhaps I was just really garbage at videogames as a kid hmm tough to tell.  Overall just a very enjoyable experience to replay this game again. Story isn't exactly the greatest I've ever seen but the gameplay and especially the combat definitely make up for that.

Only minor complaint perhaps is that replaying the game as the opposite karma isn't exactly as interesting as the game pretends it to be. Your powers will be a bit different and there are some very small alterations to the story and you'll get some special sidemissions but I don't feel like it's really worth it in the end. I wished they would change the main missions a bit so it would suit your good or evil character more since now I was basically always helping and saving everyone even though I was playing with evil karma, kinda gave me the constant impression that I was just making the wrong decisions the whole time instead of it being an actual choice where my actions would impact the rest of the story. 

But I'm really nitpicking here tbh since I really love this game. It can get quite repetitive from time to time, especially with its side missions but the combat is interesting enough to keep you entertained till the end. 

Not sure which game to tackle next, I kinda wanted to continue with SotC but I think It's getting time for me to start my grounded playthrough of TLOU. Would hate to see that game not being completed by the end of the month considering the effort I've already put into it. So I'll guess i'll start out with that right now so I won't have to rush it during the last days of the event. Also played the beginning of The Last Guardian and I've already fell in love with it. Definitely going to carry it over to the fall/winter event if I don't manage to complete it now (which will probably be the case :P ).

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, neospoon said:

I can’t decide if What Remains of Edith Finch is the best walking simulator I’ve played or not. It’s definitely up there with some of the others I’ve played. Absolutely loved the story, the graphics looked the part, and the music was just wonderful! I need more of these kind of games (any suggestions outside the obvious ones?). Again I ask myself, what took me so long to finally play it.

Glad to see you've enjoyed Edith, I really liked it as well! Wish there were way more games like this around. As for recommendations I'm afraid these will be the obvious ones but looking at which ones you haven't played yet then gone home is probably first thing that comes to mind. Abzu is quite wonderful as well and perhaps even the stanley parable, last one is a bit of a different concept so not sure if you're into that but I really liked it.

Good luck with Bioshock! Campaign took me about 6 days to complete but the game apparently changed the difficulty from survivor to hard during my playthrough (probably since I was dying like a godzillian times trying to beat the early big daddies witthout some decent equipment) and I didn't notice it untill the end which ended up locking me out of a couple of trophies. I guess it will be a good idea to check your settings regularly to prevent this from happening to you as well. Hope you'll just enjoy it for the rest! 

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

Glad to see you've enjoyed Edith, I really liked it as well! Wish there were way more games like this around. As for recommendations I'm afraid these will be the obvious ones but gone home is probably first thing that comes to mind. Abzu is quite wonderful as well and perhaps even the stanley parable, last one is a bit of a different concept so not sure if you're into that but I really liked it.

Good luck with Bioshock! Campaign took me about 6 days to complete but the game apparently changed the difficulty from survivor to hard during my playthrough (probably since I was dying like a godzillian times trying to beat the early big daddies witthout some decent equipment) and I didn't notice it untill the end which ended up locking me out of a couple of trophies. I guess it will be a good idea to check your settings regularly to prevent this from happening to you as well. Hope you'll just enjoy it for the rest! 

Ive never heard of the Stanley Parable, definitely going to check that one out, if you like these kind of simulators too, I can strongly advise ADR1FT, it takes place in space, has a bit of a twist to it but my oh my was that game beautiful.

Thanks for the heads up on difficulty changing. I think I’ve heard similar issues before. I’m going with 2 playthroughs. One on normal and another on hardcore. I believe the difficulty glitch doesn’t work on the EU PS3 version, which is totally fine.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, neospoon said:

Ive never heard of the Stanley Parable, definitely going to check that one out, if you like these kind of simulators too, I can strongly advise ADR1FT, it takes place in space, has a bit of a twist to it but my oh my was that game beautiful.

Thanks for the heads up on difficulty changing. I think I’ve heard similar issues before. I’m going with 2 playthroughs. One on normal and another on hardcore. I believe the difficulty glitch doesn’t work on the EU PS3 version, which is totally fine.

I just checked and apparently it never released on consoles but there is an extended version coming to PS4 soon called The Stanley Parable; Ultra Deluxe  (unless it's a joke from the devs which wouldn't surprise me). 

Thanks for the recommendation, didn't know about that one before. Pretty sure I'm going to like it!

• Like 1

Update:

• Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back [PS4] - :platinum: (100%)
  • God of War [PS3] - :platinum: (100%)
  • Final Fantasy XV [PS4] - 37% => 54%
  • Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps and Beans [PS4] - :platinum: (100%)
  • Project Cars [PS4]:platinum: (100%)
  • Days Gone [PS4]  - 91% (:platinum:) 

FFXV: Finished the story yesterday and now working on post-game stuff. I think the plat is in sight this weekend and as a bonus some of the DLC stuff are done too. This might just be doable before the month is over, which would be nice as I can't go on vacation this month like it was planned and I'll be losing some game time.

It's fam day tomorrow, so I'll just work on FFXV on Sunday, not even gonna bother with Days Gone now. I'll just do the new challenge sometime next week.

• Like 1

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls: 13% => 48% => 100%:platinum:: Completed on July 14, 2019, link to trophy list

Fate/Extella Link: 0% => 26% => 51% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 23, 2019, link to trophy list

Cat Quest: 0% => 21% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 29, 2019, link to trophy list

Blue Reflection: 0% => 17% => 34% => 57%

Demon's Souls: 0% => 16% => 37% => 67% => 91% => 100%, Completed on July 30, 2019, link to trophy list

Blue Reflection: Started doing the final friendship events for all characters. Once these are out of the way, there's not much to do outside of completing the story and crafting all items. The item trophy is missable, it'll be what determines if I get the plat or not. But I should be fine since I fight all enemies and gather all materials I can find.

• Like 1

Blue Reflection: 0% => 17% => 34% => 57% => 100%, link to trophy list

Blue Reflection: Completed the game. After getting the plat, I still don't like the game all that much. The game has its good aspects, those being the music, the graphics, the voice acting, and an interesting level up/skill system, but the story and the characters weren't all that interesting to me. If you're more into magical girls and an all-female cast, then this might be better for you.

Overall, I'd say it's a 3/5 for me.

There'll be one more game I'll play for this challenge. Purely based on playtime, it'll be one of these games: Resonance of Fate, Secret of Mana, Ys VIII, Lacrimosa of Dana.

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon just takes too long to get it done this time.

• Like 2

Sunday update. Been working a lot but then I've been doing a few double shifts in exchange for an extra day off here and there. That time off I spent finishing a non listed impulse buy (Bloodstained: ROTN - it was well worth it) and not doing too much on my list other than atelier. I'm close to the end of the game, not reflected by my percentage. Classic atelier trophy lists - you get the trophies at the very, very end of the game, not sprinkled evenly throughout. I plan to play more atelier on and off but have been rediscovering my vita when so tired that playing handholds in bed is the only thing I can do. Will probably drop The Surge, I love its premise but I find it a bit dull outside of the boss fights. Thinking about the fall/winter challenge already.

Cold steel 11%
Atelier Firis 12% 
Pheoenix Wright: Ace Attourney Trilogy 11% 
The surge 15%
Thea the awakening 24%
Atelier scion 11% > 38%
my time at portia 21%
grand kingdom 30%
Chasm 13%
World of Final fantasy 20%

Catan VR 43%
What Remains of Edith Finch 100%
Metagal PS4 100%
Super weekend mode PS4 100%
My big sister PS4 100%

Graveyard Keeper 100%

Dragon quest builders 2 100%

Update:

• Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back [PS4] - :platinum: (100%)
  • God of War [PS3] - :platinum: (100%)
  • Final Fantasy XV [PS4] - 54% => 74% (:platinum:)
  • Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps and Beans [PS4] - :platinum: (100%)
  • Project Cars [PS4]:platinum: (100%)
  • Days Gone [PS4]  - 91% (:platinum:) 

FFXV: I accomplished way more this weekend than I thought I would. Got the plat, knocked out all the DLC that's for the main campaign and finished Episode Gladiolus. Couldn't cheese Omega so I had to do it the old fashioned way, my successful try took me an hour to whittle down its health (also forgot to buff myself before the fight). Oh well, it's better this way. :P

Three more episodes (DLC) and three more weeks to go. I might put off the challenges in Days Gone till I'm done with FFXV.

• Like 3

Here’s the problem with Bioshock. As soon as I start playing it, I can’t put it down. I just really like this game. After tonight’s session I’ve ended up at Olympus Heights so there’s only 3 more levels to do. I do need to backtrack for some collectibles, but that’s why I’m playing it on easy, to enjoy the story once more and just have fun instead of trying to get everything straight away with the use of guides. I’ll probably finish this run tomorrow evening and will start my hardcore run with vita chambers disables right after that. I’m still gonna try to see if the difficulty glitch works, but I don’t think it will. Anyway here’s my scorecard:  

3. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 100% (73/73) :platinum:
  4. What Remains of Edith Finch - 100% (9/9) 2705.png
  5. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 3% => 63% => 87% => 90% (23/25)
  6. Bioshock - 10% => 34% (29/66) 

good luck to everyone for the remaining weeks of the challenge!

• Like 2

Sorry for the long break. Didn't feel like playing much while my family was visiting (aside from what my nephew wanted to play/watch me play). Now that I'm rested up, I'll say that my replacement game is God of War.

Claire: 0% ➡️100%:platinum:

Darksiders Warmastered Edition: 100%:platinum:

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (PS3): 100%:platinum:
Little Nightmares100%✅

Slayaway Camp: 100%spacer.png:platinum:
Super Bomberman R: 56% > God of War (2018): 0%
Zero Time Dilemma: 100%:platinum:

• Like 3