List games that you absolutely disliked, and why?!

daniel_flavia

1. FF13: Like people said above, this game is the worst ff series that I've played. That's why I don't go for ff13-2. The problem is chapter 1-10 because each chapter is a long boring tutorial. They should make it 1 or 2 chapters for a tutorial and that's enough. I don't feel the system is any difficult to understand or too complexed.

2. NG3: The worst NG game ever. It's an expensive test version of NG3: RE. NG3: RE is still a soso game compared to NG1/NG2/NGS2.

The whole Assassins Creed series. I just couldn't get into the games, they just didn't seem that fun to me for whatever reason. 

Red Dead Redemption because I didn't like the feel to it. I couldn't even bring myself to finish all the missions, It just got too boring for me.

Bioshock Infinite. The story and interaction of Booker/Elizabeth was great...but the rest of the characters were flat. The gameplay was terrible, it was straight out of 2007...go into area...kill bad guys...get thing you were after...backtrack...kill more bad guys the same way...for levels and levels and levels. And, really, nothing prepared you for the terrible end battle.

AC series...I just couldn't get into it...I tried...several times...but couldn't enjoy it

The Last Of Us  ... full of glitches and bugs, over rated and over hyped, it seems like you sheeple have all been sucked in by naughty dog (me too)

I do not know what i was expecting, but it was not that crap. Yes there are a couple of good moments, but on a whole, i have played far better games, with much lower ratings

Now to play the last few matches on MP for the plat, then trade the shite in

You really hate The Last of Us, don't you...

I would have to say lair with its horrible sixaxis controls. 

I really liked Lair  :| especially the level where you storm the city and kill the whole flipping enemy army...

Anyway I would say my most hated was Just Cause 2, I had a lot of fun for... I think ten hours then it just got repetitive like COD, I felt like I wasn't doing anything fun  :(

You really hate The Last of Us, don't you...

what gives you that impression ?

World at war Veteran (single player)   The makers were so bad if you stood in the same spot for more then 5-7 seconds it would endlessly spawn grenades from no where to make you move, the AI killed you in 2 bullets and very rarely missed 

no that just took real skillz, believe it or not, games used to be a lot harder than they are today... you  young ones have it easy, and when something slightly hard comes out you bitch  IE  COD WAW & GOW Ascension

LittleBigPlanet: I really tried to like the game, but couldn't stand playing it. I even got the second for free on PS+ thinking that it'd be better than the first one, and, well... Turned out I was mistaken.

Darksiders: Didn't enjoy the game at all. Only got it cause it was free for PS+ members.

Street Fighter X Tekken, I've never been a big Street Fighter fan, but I thought that I'd give this a shot. I found it to be worse than Super Street Fighter IV, mostly due to the lack of balance in it, the Tekken characters weren't as user-friendly and seemed less powerful than their Street Fighter counterparts.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, This game was pretty boring, I couldn't even finish a 2nd playthrough on it. It also felt a bit rushed to me as well, since the story was so short (not as short as Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II though), and it had little variety in gameplay modes.

Armored Core V, I am a big fan of the series, but this just fell flat for me, mostly with how online-oriented it was. I've always viewed the Armored Core series as more of a single player game, but with the rather flawed story and basically having more online options than offline, it was a mediocre game at best. Hopefully Armored Core: Verdict Day is better.

Grand Theft Auto IV, I just hated this game, I found it dull, boring and very ordinary. The game's tone was just way too serious, I prefer my games to have at least a little bit of humour in them, but I found no humour in this game at all. There was also a lack of customisation (especially if compared to Saint's Row). I won't even get started about the barrage of phone calls you get during the game.

Resident Evil 5, This was by far the worst Resident Evil game for home consoles in my opinion (Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D being the worst handheld RE game). The story was dull & full of clichés, not to mention that they killed off an iconic villain of the series.The enemies felt lame & uninspired to me (They were pretty much zombies, just going by a different name). One real gripe that I had with it was that you couldn't move while aiming, it ruined the flow of the game. I personally found Resident Evil 6 to be better than this boring game.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, I wanted to enjoy this game, but just couldn't, it was very short, the story felt rushed, and there was no alternative to the story. I really liked the first game, but this was just horrible, it's the last Star Wars game I'll ever buy.

Call of Duty: World at War & Modern Warfare 2, I am listing these 2 games together because I dislike them for the same reasons & they are part of the same series. the stories felt boring and uninspired, and the gameplay was very repetitive. I couldn't even finish a single playthrough on either one, I returned them both to the store I bought them from the day after buying them. I did enjoy Modern Warfare though, even though I really suck at FPS games.

I could list more, but my post is big enough as it is.

Edited by Blanc_WhiteHeart

I may get a little bit of hate for this but I hated Red Dead Redemption. I am not a fan of Wild west type games and I tried to like it but I could not get into it.

MX VS ATV Alive- the controls are just so wonky that I was not able to play it.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3- RTS games on just don't usually work and it is especially true of this game. Xcom Enemy Unknown is a rare case since it is simple and addictive with not too much going on. This game on the other hand is more complicated than it should be with having to keep track of an entire army and so many complicated controls coupled with an uninteresting story. I loved the older games for the PC but this is a game that should have stayed on the PC and did not make the transition to consoles very well.

Resident Evil 5- This was my first taste of the RE franchise and I must say it has turned me off of it. I could not even force my way through the first mission I just did not like it in general and was not able to get used to the not moving while shooting in a game that is not a horror game. If the game is a horror  game I know it helps add to the tension and atmosphere but it does not work in a straight action game which is what this was.

Two Worlds 2- I was just not able to get into the game and it did not hold my interest whatsoever

Red Faction: Armageddon- Not a bad game by any means but I loved Guerrilla which is why this game was such a disappointment. They took everything that made Guerrilla great and stripped it from the game. They took the open world destruction and side quests in a pretty good looking world (it was mars so considering that it was pretty good) and turned it into a linear closed mess of tunnels with an uninteresting story and boring characters.

Little Big Planet. They all suck, but the vita version sucked especially hard. Most annoying part was the use of the touch screen and reach touch pad that was mandatory for certain parts. 14% trophy completion then I took it back and sold it. I wish I never installed it cause now it's permanently damaging my overall completion percent lol.

The Walking Dead. This game was so tedious and boring that I gave up on the plat for a few weeks. It was bugging me so I forced myself to plat it and every minute of playing was painful. I also sold this game right away without even bothering with the DLC to get 100%

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought Bioshock Infinite with the original Bioshock also included on disk.

After finishing the Bioshock Infinite game I was with a high impression of Bioshock games, and then I decided to play the original Bioshock.

Oh my God!!! What a deception, lame graphics, weird , my impression is not that good. I'm still trying to gather forces to, at least, finish it, but it's dificult.

There's a gulf of difference between those titles, such a disapointment.

Also Lost Planet 2 is one of the worst games made for PS3, no doubt about that.

Edited by daniel_flavia

Might get alot of hate for the following, but here it goes:

Skyrim: Was way too repetetive for me. You do the same thing over and over again and i just couldnt enjoy it.

AC3: Wierd how i liked wall the other games in the series, but i though they didnt improve on anything and it was extremely rage inducing.

Tony Hawk: Ride: Shitty game, controls, graphics, nuff said

I'd have to say Asura's Wrath, just never got into it, found it very repetitive and quite boring.

After finishing the Bioshock Infinite game I was with a high impression of Bioshock games, and then I decided to play the original Bioshock.

Oh my God!!! What a deception, lame graphics

BioShock came out six years ago, plus the PS3 version wasn't the best port. Still, kind of unfair to compare it to todays games.

Completely agree with Lost Planet 2 though.

X-Blades - It takes some special programming to make a game with a barely dressed hot chick as the protagonist so boring and tedious that I can't play it without getting bored out of my skull. Congratz!

Burn Zombies Burn - This game takes suck to previously unknown heights. I got it for free from Playstation Plus and I still feel like I overpaid for it. a dead weight on my completion percentage

Edited by Bullstomp

"Hydrophobia" sucks something fierce too, hence the .60c price in the PSN store.

Have to agree there... The game.. I don't even know what the story was to be honest. I bought it at that super cheap price I guess as a masochist. Just to say I beat it.... At least I "researched" what I was getting myself into.

I have too many games that I "gave up" on in my list. For one reason or another.

Final Fantasy 13: (not given up but taking a Loooong break)

I really really liked Final Fantasy and I kinda liked FF13. I've originally played this game two other times and always seemed to stop about half way. finally forced myself to at least get to chapter 11. but the grind.. oh the grind is tiring. I finally made it to chapter 11 but I just don't have the stamina anymore to go on... maybe in another 3 months. (at least this time I am not Deleting my saves -_- spent faaar too much time this go around)

Battle Fantasia...(this .. I probably gave up on)

I can not fathom this game... I guess I am just not meant to play it. I got up to a point in one of the characters and then sudden learning curve WALL.

_-_ I still haven't gotten a trophy in this game.. sigh. Only have it because of PS Plus... I can see why now.. :P

• Like 1

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi: I lent the game from my uncle, he (he is a DBZ fan) hated the game. I played that game for like an hour until I quit because I hated the game too. The game seemed dull and boring, the combat sucked (dash and spam square/triangle and you do alot of damage) and the game didn't really have the potential it could be. I played one online battle (they were rare) and the person I was playing with was an experienced player. And the bad thing is, it was made by those who developed/produced the games Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm X/Generations (they were good).