Unruly Heroes trophy thoughts?

MidnightDragon

1 hour ago, Fat Chocobo said:

Doesn't look too bad.

Very insightful :awesome:

Here's a trailer for everyone who's interested. The game looks gorgeous and I'm surprised I haven't heard anything about this game up until this point.

Miscellaneous trophies seem to be super easy and will most likely come naturally. It'll probably come down to getting max rank for all levels and finding all collectibles.

Looking forward to seeing more about that game fo' sure.

• Like 3

Gorgeous visuals indeed and the gameplay looks quite dynamic. Shame it includes a couple of multiplayer trophies... ?

Does anyone know if it has to be online MP or if you can sit in your couch with a buddy and a six-pack? That makes a hell of a difference to me... ?

Edited by Neef-GT5

• 4 weeks later...

We must also make a special time to have emerald rank I believe...

https://steamcommunity.com/games/780350/announcements/detail/1737729728302370618

In share play it's easier maybe

I finally finished the 100% It was really hard, I was surprised at the difficulty for the times to beat

Edited by Mr Frog
100%

• 3 months later...

It's a difficult plat, and I would bet it'll stay with a less than 5% completion rate.

Emerald Rank is really the thing that will keep people from earning the plat. To get Emerald, although you can stay on Normal, you do have to accomplish what is mentioned above, which is beat the "Best Time" it lists on the stage, while also dying a minimal amount of times (if its less than 2 that's great news, I read it was no deaths on another forum).

The issue with it is that the levels do get very difficult, unless you're a really seasoned with platform games that are similar to Rayman; lots of instant death mechanics such as pits and spikes. Unfortunately the game almost completely foregoes combat later on, and some stages are just long sequences of tricky platforming.

The "Best Time" also seems tough to beat, although I've only attempted speed runs on 2 stages (including the first). For the first stage, even though I pretty much moved forward the entire time, I still missed it by 2.5 minutes, although I have no doubt I could improve. I managed Emerald on a boss stage, while doing everything flawlessly, and I beat the time by 20 seconds, so I would expect that all the other stages leave very little room for error.

As far as I can tell, the game doesn't have online co-op, but it does have local co-op, which means that you can get the "trigger 4 power up at the same time" if you have access to 4 controllers. Of course that's in theory, as I have no idea how anyone would set up that trophy on their own, given that it's somewhat difficult to get the power bar full.

It is a visually pretty game though, that's for sure, and it has some really clever mechanics in some of the stages. Unfortunately it's the controls in combination with the difficult platforming that soured the entire thing for me; controls feel unresponsive, the physics seem bizarre at times, and some of the platforming requires you to make jumps absolutely perfectly. I would have loved to see more clever usage of their great creativity (without all the instant death), but it seemed like the devs decided to give the reins to their masochistic level designer(s), which really killed the experience.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Man, I can't believe I paid for this game.

The game looked incredible, remind me of Rayman Legends. But the gameplay, it's just terrible. I mean, I've played games with worst controls, sure, but from my expectation of a Rayman style, this is terrible.

I tried the first level twice in my alternative account. One to try the game, the other one on Hard difficulty cause it reads "the only way to get the Diamond rank".

The characters are "heavy" for these kind of platforming game. It's like you need an impulse by running or dashing to make an easy jump correctly.

The combat is mediocre, I can't even describe. But imagine Guacamelee and Dust: an Elysium Tale combat and platforming, how you feel you're hitting those bastards to death, every hit making a reaction to the enemy. Now forget about it all, cause Unruly Heroes has none of that. I didn't even feel I was attacking the enemies, it was just pressing the Attack button and swipe them out. I just noticed they were being hit cause their health bar was decreasing.

Now my main complain: why are specific situations that can only be solved/passed with a specific character? In the first level you have to use one of two characters to glide (and open the gate for the others, if you're playing co-op) and another one you have to use the brute to remove some blocks. This wouldn't be (much) a problem if you have multiple buttons to switch character. I had to stop, press 3 times the L1 button to get that character, break that icy wall and press L1 again to the character I fell most comfortable with.

Honestly, I wasn't interested on progressing to the second level. If the gameplay was even close to those games I mentioned above, both combat and platforming, this would be a great game. It's only a cute game with nice animations. This is a good example why I put gameplay over graphics. 

Edited by TurtlePM

• 1 year later...
On 3.7.2020 at 3:17 AM, TurtlePM said:

Man, I can't believe I paid for this game.

The game looked incredible, remind me of Rayman Legends. But the gameplay, it's just terrible. I mean, I've played games with worst controls, sure, but from my expectation of a Rayman style, this is terrible.

I tried the first level twice in my alternative account. One to try the game, the other one on Hard difficulty cause it reads "the only way to get the Diamond rank".

The characters are "heavy" for these kind of platforming game. It's like you need an impulse by running or dashing to make an easy jump correctly.

The combat is mediocre, I can't even describe. But imagine Guacamelee and Dust: an Elysium Tale combat and platforming, how you feel you're hitting those bastards to death, every hit making a reaction to the enemy. Now forget about it all, cause Unruly Heroes has none of that. I didn't even feel I was attacking the enemies, it was just pressing the Attack button and swipe them out. I just noticed they were being hit cause their health bar was decreasing.

Now my main complain: why are specific situations that can only be solved/passed with a specific character? In the first level you have to use one of two characters to glide (and open the gate for the others, if you're playing co-op) and another one you have to use the brute to remove some blocks. This wouldn't be (much) a problem if you have multiple buttons to switch character. I had to stop, press 3 times the L1 button to get that character, break that icy wall and press L1 again to the character I fell most comfortable with.

Honestly, I wasn't interested on progressing to the second level. If the gameplay was even close to those games I mentioned above, both combat and platforming, this would be a great game. It's only a cute game with nice animations. This is a good example why I put gameplay over graphics. 

Your opinion is based on almost nothing, you played the first level 2 times and decided this is a terrible game? that is like reading the first page of a book and saying it's awful. Seriously @TurtlePM, I know you generally have good taste in games making this piece of crap of a non review even more terrible. You bought this because it's a platformer and looks like Rayman but you were put off by the controls not being like Rayman? Imagine buying Gran Turismo and its not playing like Need for Speed, how is that even possible since both are car games....

In all seriousness, the game may have some flaws (like the hit feedback on enemies) but all in all it's a great tricky platformer with a gorgeous art style (hence the 75-80 rating on Meta). If the gameplay was half as bad as you describe it 3/4 of the speed runs wouldn't even be possible since a lot of them require pinpoint accuracy. Had you played it a bit more instead of judging the book by its first line you would have noticed that the controls are actually quite sharp. With so few of the game played you are simply in no place to judge the quality of this product. You should put playing a game over talking next time.

Edited by Fleks_Mhteam
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 4:26 PM, Fleks_Mhteam said:

Your opinion is based on almost nothing, you played the first level 2 times and decided this is a terrible game? that is like reading the first page of a book and saying it's awful. Seriously @TurtlePM, I know you generally have good taste in games making this piece of crap of a non review even more terrible. You bought this because it's a platformer and looks like Rayman but you were put off by the controls not being like Rayman? Imagine buying Gran Turismo and its not playing like Need for Speed, how is that even possible since both are car games....

In all seriousness, the game may have some flaws (like the hit feedback on enemies) but all in all it's a great tricky platformer with a gorgeous art style (hence the 75-80 rating on Meta). If the gameplay was half as bad as you describe it 3/4 of the speed runs wouldn't even be possible since a lot of them require pinpoint accuracy. Had you played it a bit more instead of judging the book by its first line you would have noticed that the controls are actually quite sharp. With so few of the game played you are simply in no place to judge the quality of this product. You should put playing a game over talking next time.

I have to wholeheartedly agree with @Fleks_Mhteam here... After having spent some time with this gem of a game, I very much enjoy it! Sure, it has some flaws but so does almost anything else, especially if you are nitpicky. For me personally, I don't put much credence in someone's review who spent all of 10 minutes playing the game. If this looks interesting to you, I highly recommend checking it out! There are a lot of things this game does right. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I played through the game, and it's a great platformer! Sure, the hit feedback could use some work, but the sound design in this area prevents it from being outright bad. Just on question that's been lingering in my brain for a few days: is it possible to earn the "Go Go Unruly Rangers" trophy in an online PVP match, or is it exclusive to couch co-op?

Edited by Trumpet_Boi_208
  • Like 1