Chocobo 0.0.0 Race and Tips on the Choco rider achivement

Joordpol

So I Need help with the 0.0.0 time , i can't for the life of me Break get enough balloons with out getting hit , and when i try to get balloons i either miss them Cus camera and Hit boxes suck. Or get hit by 5 birds in a row. I have followed every guide out there but the randomness never Changes in a way for me to get a head start in this and when i do get a good start I get hit by An Invicible bird thats spawns inside me which gets me hit by all the others. I also can't seem to find the path for the invicible walls at all the bird like to make these Curve turns Like on the last moment! So i know it sounds weak but i'm looking for someone to share play this with me. Already put in to many hours in trying and i don't want to smash my Ps4. Like i said i don't understand why i get hit most of the times as my hit boxes seem te be broken or what ever ... Or my controller as my chocobo likes to spas in the middle of the road as well but yeh! 

Now second is the Rider , I watched a video of where the guide run had a way slower chocobo. this chocobo is always At the same line as i am but on one lower Row when i jump down from the second chest . The video i watched had this chocobo Be like 2 chest cutscenes behind when he jumps down. the timer and everything seems to be fine i am not too slow But the chocobo is just faster. is this just rng or can i manipulate this cus i Jump down from my final chest when he crosses the finish line. I cant seem to improve more than that. 

I've given up on this platinum Multible times over the years But i cannot let it go that i can't get it so i ask for help.

Best tip I can give for this one is to use the left and right buttons on the d-pad to control the chocobo better, although there's good chance you know this already.

On my successful run I focused on avoiding the birds more than going for balloons and eventually came up with 11 balloons 0 birds which was more than enough to beat the trainer by several seconds, which I admit I lucked out on but adapting to different strategies and controls is what ultimately made it work.

Like you I also put off on this platinum for years because of this trophy, but again with correct strategy and lots of luck you can get it.

I can second the D-pad. In addition, if aiming for Ballons, I found it helpful to tip it only lightly in one direction instead of steering as one is used to. Steering as usual makes the chocobo change direction significantly, I missed more balloons due to that oversteering. Only when avoiding birds are sharp directional changes beneficial.

22 minutes ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

I can second the D-pad. In addition, if aiming for Ballons, I found it helpful to tip it only lightly in one direction instead of steering as one is used to. Steering as usual makes the chocobo change direction significantly, I missed more balloons due to that oversteering. Only when avoiding birds are sharp directional changes beneficial.

I agree to that bold marked sentence :)

The only time i got this on the perfect score was when all baloons after the start (i think there are 5) were in a direct line in front of me and with light steering i caught them... This is definitely the most luck based challenge... Good luck with finding someone willingly sitting through this for you :D (that's not easy with the lag)

When i did this i had never played it before and had heared all the stories of how awfull this was but i wanted to get it nonetheless. So i got mentually prepared to repeat it alot and hopefully learn from every attempt. I knew i was bad at it cause i struggled with the 3 earlier trainings but once i started trying and repeating, it took me 1 and a half hours before i got it.

Yes it involves luck imo but also some practice on how to control it the best and how to evade the birds the best. I also found some good tips here: LINK 

I mean i never knew that the first 2 birds aim for the player and the next 2 aim for the trainer so you dont have to dodge those 2.

In the end i got hit by 1 bird, then focussed on dodging the others and getting some balloons and somehow i finished in 35 seconds and beat the trainer.

After that the chocobo master trophy was easier as its just a matter of taking the exact path in the trophy guide as its the fastest way to beat him.

One thing that might be mentioned, though I didn't see it here, is that certain lineups of balloons are much easier than other lineups. You really want to get the early balloons. If the balloons are set up from the start so that the other rider will get the first few, you're pretty much sunk.

1 hour ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

The only time i got this on the perfect score was when all baloons after the start (i think there are 5) were in a direct line in front of me and with light steering i caught them... This is definitely the most luck based challenge... Good luck with finding someone willingly sitting through this for you :D (that's not easy with the lag)

This is what I mean. You want this set-up. Otherwise, just quit out and start again.

Wana thnx you all for the tips. By this point i had to put the game away cause of the over accesive rage and stress i got from it. Stated this before that i am very bad with it and the amount of luck needed is really hurting me. If i could like not get angry and stressed i bet with all of this over time i could do it but chances of me breaking my console in a fit of blind rage is not worth it ^^' onto the next game :P

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I did it back in the PS2 days, when I had way more time and patience for this kind of nonsense. It's worse than I remember, at least this time I have a trophy to motivate me.

PS. It's done, thank God it took me less than back in the PS2 days, cause this kind of trophies usually make me want to turn away from completionism without regrets. Now I'm gonna try and take the lightning trophy out of the way.

Edited by Brightblade76

• 8 months later...
55 minutes ago, Queens_Servant said:

this is the only trophy standing in the way of the platinum and i'm at the point where i will literally pay someone to do this crap for me. i've been stuck on it for weeks now 

Yeah this challenge is rough, definitely.

This is the video I used to help me with it.

As you can see from the video of my 0:0.0 run, I missed so many balloons so it's more crucial where the placement of the balloons are (especially the starting ones) and also avoiding the birds. I know the problem with this minigame is you are fighting the game itself with the controls, but the tips that the first video shows really helped me to do it. Hope it helps anyways. Getting that platinum is extremely rewarding.

29 minutes ago, The_Kopite said:

Yeah this challenge is rough, definitely.

This is the video I used to help me with it.

As you can see from the video of my 0:0.0 run, I missed so many balloons so it's more crucial where the placement of the balloons are (especially the starting ones) and also avoiding the birds. I know the problem with this minigame is you are fighting the game itself with the controls, but the tips that the first video shows really helped me to do it. Hope it helps anyways. Getting that platinum is extremely rewarding.

while i apricate the videos i have seen that first one before (as well as practically every video on youtube) i think the most ballons i've ever gotten has been 10-11 and my best time is 10 seconds 

4 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

Wow, that's a hell of an improvement! I knew that when I got it down to that kind of time, that I would get it eventually! It's a test of patience I know, but clear progress has been made there.

thanks! this video i found helped a lot because he did not just do it once and end the video. he explains his progress and shows multiple runs. i was up until 1:30am trying to do it but ended up having to turn it off for the night. also i read somewhere that holding both L and R shoulder buttons helps lower the aggressiveness of the birds. it certainly seemed to help for me. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...