E3 2019 Thoughts and Discussions

Alantor32

Since E3 is only one month away, I decided to make this thread to discuss what to see in E3 2019. Since Sony sadly decided not to be in E3 this year, I am sure we'll see something from Nintendo, SE and more on E3 2019. Since Nintendo is on a roll with the Nintendo Switch, I am eager to see what they will bring to this year's gaming event in one month. What do you guys hope to see on E3 2019?

P.S: If this thread isn't allowed, then can someone (a mod) move it to the appropriate place?

Well a rumour I saw today is that we should be getting news about the Last of Us 2 sometime before E3. So I guess Sony will have some sort of impact at E3 without actually been there. Crazy ?

Despite me never actually owning a X-Box (and have no intention of ever buying one) I'm actually most excited for Microsoft's presentation. I think they will have the biggest impact at E3 by annoucing a host of interesting third party games. Also, will there new next gen console be seen at the show? Maybe.

EDIT

Here's a link to that rumour about the LOU2 I was talking about

https://www.gamesradar.com/well-be-seeing-more-of-the-last-of-us-2-before-e3-2019-says-industry-insider/

Edited by Miles_Warren
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

Well a rumour I saw today is that we should be getting news about the Last of Us 2 sometime before E3. So I guess Sony will have some sort of impact at E3 without actually been there. Crazy 1f61c.png

Despite me never actually owning a X-Box (and have no intention of ever buying one) I'm actually most excited for Microsoft's presentation. I think they will have the biggest impact at E3 by annoucing a host of interesting third party games. Also, will there new next gen console be seen at the show? Maybe.

EDIT

Here's a link to that rumour about the LOU2 I was talking about

https://www.gamesradar.com/well-be-seeing-more-of-the-last-of-us-2-before-e3-2019-says-industry-insider/

That's an interesing rumor. Rumors have a chance of being legit or not, so let's hope it is true.

I just want to see a reveal for Resident Evil 3. I am interested in seeing if Microsoft will announce any big exclusives now that it's acquired some new studios, although I don't expect much from Microsoft at this point. Perhaps they'll reveal some big non-exclusives at the very least.

Sony will have another State of Play this month. I'm hoping it has something to do with Death Stranding or even Ghost of Tsushima. It would also be cool to see what BluePoint's new project is. 

Still holding out hope for pipe dreams like Final Fantasy X-3, The World Ends With You 2, etc.

Is it too early to want Final Fantasy XVI yet? ?

Persona 6

Some new information on Digimon Survive would be nice. ?

Hopefully some more new stuff for Pokemon Sword/Shield as well. More new Pokemon reveals? Final confirmation that Gyms are back? Starter evolutions? ?

Oh I forgot about Final Fantasy 7 remake. We pretty much have nothing for that. ?

A new Kirby game maybe? ?

Not sure what else honestly. I suppose I'll post again/add more if I think of it.

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree that Nintendo will be showing off more of its revealed games:

1. Some final trailer for Super Mario Maker 2 - I am DEFINITELY saving my money for that. Then again, I haven't touched Dreams yet and have so much backlog. ;)
  2. More info on Persona 5 S - maybe a bit of backstory in the game?
  3. Concrete release dates for the fall titles.
  4. Definitely some more trailers for Pokemon Sword and Shield showing off a couple more new Pokemon and some more story as well as a release window.
  5. Maybe reveal the second fight for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC? I'll end up getting it added anyways, I have the Fighter's Pass which my sister gave me for last birthday. :P

As for the others, I hope Square-Enix will give hints on what the next Kingdom Hearts game will be and the DLC for KH3.

Don't really care about the other guys since Sony is dropping out of E3 for good, but maybe something interesting will show up? If I know my E3s, they NEVER are predictable. ;)

The only thing that I am truly eager to know is TLOU II’s release date. It would be great if it was announced before E3. I am tired of waiting for news, especially with all the teasing that’s been happening lately from Neil Druckmann and Naughty Dog.

Other than that, I would like to see some news about the new PvZ game, that was already confirmed, although no details were given. I think we are definitely going to see something about it in E3. Some news about the new Watch Dogs would be cool too.

• Like 1

Sony will probably do something. They technically weren't at e3 last year either. They had booths on the floor but their conference wasn't held there. I wouldn't be surprised if they did another off site conference. Or at the very least, a Nintendo Direct style thing like Nintendo does instead of showing up lol. Which coincidentally, Sony started doing this year.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

Even though Sony won't be there directly I am sure we will hear something from them before or around there. 

I still watch some of the presentations as they will have stuff that will release for PS4. Interesting to see Ubisoft's conference as I generally enjoy theirs.

There's nothing stopping Microsoft's conference from having some interesting third party announcements likely to impact PS4 gamers as well.

Otherwise, Sony dropping out has reduced my interest in E3 greatly.  I basically just watched for Sony/Microsoft (but mostly Sony) so I'm at <50% enthusiasm right now.  Don't really care about Nintendo (I have a Switch but most of Nintendo's first party stuff is pretty meh to me)... and I'm sure whatever else (Square-Enix, Bethesda, Ubisoft, etc?) will all be pretty by the numbers.  I'd be shocked if there was more concrete stuff about Final Fantasy VII Remake at this years E3, but that's probably the only thing out of that second tier of shows that'd pique my interest.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I think I heard something about Limited Run Games having their own show?  Now that's something that will probably get me all stirred up. ;)

Edited by Dreakon13

I have a few things I want to see...

- FFVIII on PS4 "available now"

- KH3 DLC

- FFVII remake - gameplay and release window

- Fallout VR

- Rocksteady's next game

- Platinum games next stuff + some Astral Chain gameplay.

- Fire Emblem: 3 Houses details

- Pokemon release date/Legendaries revealed

- Next 2 DLC fighters for Smash Bros

- SNES games coming to NSO

Other than the first one, I'm not asking for much! xD

• Like 2

6 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

And please no Assassin's Creed. I love the franchise but it needs another break, 2020 or 2021 is a good time to come back

It's already confirmed there's no new AC until 2020.

All I want from E3 is information on when the next AC is set.

More Hollow Knight Silksong information, maybe even a hint at the PS4 release date. Slim chance I know but it might be that Team Cherry will tag along with Nintendo this year and show something. Microsoft might actually be a good source for cool new titles for PlayStation too, since Sony not being there. Unless they cut out the PS4 logo out of any trailer on purpose. Ubisoft maybe too, but most of their games are of little interest to me, even Assassin's Creed now.

Other then that, it's going to be business as usual with lots of fancy trailers and little or no actual gameplay information. And lots of hype of course.

Oh, and maybe Ori and the Blind Forrest will find its way to our beloved PlayStation this year and the announce it at E3. I know I am being delusional now but I can't help myself.

Not really expecting some of these to be at E3,  but about some games that I am hoping to see

Harry Potter RPG announcement
Pokemon Sword and Shield
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon announcement
Super Mario Maker 2 more info
Super Smash Bros DLC(Kind of hoping for Amaterasu)
Granblue Fantasy
Project Awakening
Daemon X Machina Release date
Animal Crossing trailer and release date
Star Wars Fallen Order
More info on Astral Chain
Maybe a New IP that is interesting