Trophy Thoughts

Now we can continue topic I've started in proper place.

With official list revealed, we can see some interesting things. Images for trophies for beating carts are the same that are used for deathless achievements for them respectively on Steam. Maybe despite description stating "complete", we will have to beat them without dying to get the trophy.

Also image for platinum is the same as for Steam exclusive achievement "Iron God" (complete the game without dying), but fortunately it has been scrapped here.

First I though "Retro God!" will be the most consuming and difficult trophy to get. However, on Steam it seems that you don't have to do every cart deathless to get this achievement. Maybe this will be the case here too? That would be contrary to my first point, but platinum would not be that incredibly difficult with this point true (but probably still 9/10).

Unfortunately, most trophies are still glitched so I cannot say more at the moment. Still waiting for a patch.

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

Welcome to hell boys 1f602.png

I can confirm that Denial is currently glitched, but as for any other cartridge trophies Im unsure yet.

what a fantastic game though. 

I can confirm 8 cartridges from The Past and Tombs & Torture don't unlock trophies.

I saw platinum rarity on PSN raised to 3.9%, probably dev tests trophies and now we can expect patch in upcoming hours. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

I can confirm 8 cartridges from The Past and Tombs & Torture don't unlock trophies.

I saw platinum rarity on PSN raised to 3.9%, probably dev tests trophies and now we can expect patch in upcoming hours. 

Lets hope so! I would be pretty upset if I didn’t get a trophy at the end of Super mega cart!!!! 

Im just enjoying the game though currently. Been waiting fir this one ever since I saw it announced last year.

Edited by KaKrackle
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

actually, there's 3 notorious trophy hackers out there that have almost every single PlayStation game on their account. All 3 accounts have a total of 250,438 out of 253,376 trophies tracked with 5,564 Platinums. Yeah all hacked instantly. These users are, In_Her_Own_Words, Platastical and AzraelsNightmare. As I was searching to see where they're at now. I saw their latest game being this game, The End Is Nigh. 6

Edited by DeftonesBand
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, DeftonesBand said:

actually, there's 3 notorious trophy hackers out there that have almost every single PlayStation game on their account. All 3 accounts have a total of 250,438 trophies out of 253,376 trophies tracked with 5,564 Platinum trophies. Yeah all hacked instantly. These users are, In_Her_Own_Words, Platastical and AzraelsNightmare. As I was searching to see where they're at now. I saw their latest game being this game, The End Is Nigh. 6

Checked the PSN values and we have 4.8, 9.7, 12.9, 17.7, 19.4, 21.0, 22.6, 35.5, 56.5 and 85.5. All these values exist for 62 people tracked, and 4.8% is 3 out of 62. So damn, you're correct. But let's not lose our hope, it'll be patched sooner or later.

EDIT: Checked their profiles from curiosity, this must be the same idiot over all three accounts. Why somebody would want to do it on three accounts is beyond imagination.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Checked the PSN values and we have 4.8, 9.7, 12.9, 17.7, 19.4, 21.0, 22.6, 35.5, 56.5 and 85.5. All these values exist for 62 people tracked, and 4.8% is 3 out of 62. So damn, you're correct. But let's not lose our hope, it'll be patched sooner or later.

EDIT: Checked their profiles from curiosity, this must be the same idiot over all three accounts. Why somebody would want to do it on three accounts is beyond imagination.

yeah. pathetic. I remember seeing people asking around for Nidhogg 2 and both Attacking Zegeta games. Because all trophies had rarity percentages. That's where i found out about their account names. I check up on them every now and then to see where they're at lol. 

Edited by DeftonesBand
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Why somebody would want to do it on three accounts is beyond imagination.

Those accounts are actually really good for websites that can't fetch new trophy lists like Exophase and PSNP. The trophies get added to the database by using those users as reference.

• Like 1

I LOVED this game when I played it on the switch and have been waiting for the PS4 release for over a year now. Im so excited to suffer through it again.

But first they gotta fix the issues with the trophies, as someone said before, they weren't too great with the Binding of Isaac trophies so hopefully its not a repeat of that

3 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Checked their profiles from curiosity, this must be the same idiot over all three accounts. Why somebody would want to do it on three accounts is beyond imagination

They somehow also have that Defiance 2050 game and AC Odyssey at 100% which is impossible. Whoever's doing those accounts probably has no life. As long as they're kept off the leaderboard, guess not much to be done. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JPageMartin36 said:

I've been tempted to try Super Meat Boy for a while but never quite got around to it.

Is this a better one to play first possibly? (in terms of building up resilience to frustrating levels).

Still not buying it until the patch is confirmed, mind.

I'd suggest you play SMB first. End is Nigh is an awesome game, but imo Meat Boy is better. Also, where SMB might be harder in later levels, you probably build up resilience better by doing the deathless runs for each world on that, because they are always just 20 levels long. 

In TEIN you have to finish everything with under 200 deaths in order, so you can't really chose how to approach it. +SMB isn't glitched ;)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, StylerX01 said:

Also,guys, why is every trophy at 0%? This game was out a few days ago. 

15 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Unfortunately, most trophies are still glitched so I cannot say more at the moment. Still waiting for a patch.

Only story levels trophies until Ruin unlock. Percentages are changed about 1:00-2:00 PM of GMT.

4 hours ago, JPageMartin36 said:

I've been tempted to try Super Meat Boy for a while but never quite got around to it.

Is this a better one to play first possibly? (in terms of building up resilience to frustrating levels).

Still not buying it until the patch is confirmed, mind.

It's honestly hard to tell because you have to play one of these games first and the first one always will seem harder. I've first played SMB back in 2014 and forgot a bit how much problems I had with it. Trying to be as most objective as possible, I'd say I had harder time with TEIN, it contains more frustrating levels, mostly because of it's slower-paced gameplay, on the other hand SMB controls needs a bit more time to learn. But I'd say completing SMB Dark World is harder than reaching TEIN normal ending. But if you want to 100% both games and PS4 version of TEIN will not require you to beat all carts deathless, I'd say SMB plat is harder by a one point.

Things from easiest to hardest in my subjective opinion:

SMB light world < TEIN normal ending < SMB dark world < TEIN 100% ingame without cartridges < SMB Golden God < TEIN plat without deathless cartridges < SMB plat < TEIN 152% (including deathless cartridges, probably not required for a plat)

TLDR: start with SMB because it's available at lower price and check if you're into games like this. They're pretty different though, so I think it's possible you may like one and dislike another.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Only story levels trophies until Ruin unlock. Percentages are changed about 1:00-2:00 PM of GMT.

It's honestly hard to tell because you have to play one of these games first and the first one always will seem harder. I've first played SMB back in 2014 and forgot a bit how much problems I had with it. Trying to be as most objective as possible, I'd say I had harder time with TEIN, it contains more frustrating levels, mostly because of it's slower-paced gameplay, on the other hand SMB controls needs a bit more time to learn. But I'd say completing SMB Dark World is harder than reaching TEIN normal ending. But if you want to 100% both games and PS4 version of TEIN will not require you to beat all carts deathless, I'd say SMB plat is harder by a one point.

Things from easiest to hardest in my subjective opinion:

SMB light world < TEIN normal ending < SMB dark world < TEIN 100% ingame without cartridges < SMB Golden God < TEIN plat without deathless cartridges < SMB plat < TEIN 152% (including deathless cartridges, probably not required for a plat)

TLDR: start with SMB because it's available at lower price and check if you're into games like this. They're pretty different though, so I think it's possible you may like one and dislike another.

As you seem to be knowledgeable in this game, what does 100%-ing every cartridge require you to do (Retro God trophy)

On 3.05.2019 at 2:23 PM, StylerX01 said:

As you seem to be knowledgeable in this game, what does 100%-ing every cartridge require you to do (Retro God trophy)

The Past cartridges: Complete + Get 100/100 rings (small collectible) + Completing without using continue (10 lives). Can be done seperately.

Glitched cartridges: Complete only. Unlimited lives.

Cartridges from ???: Complete only (you have 0 lives so you can't die anyway).

Super Mega Cart: Complete + Get 1000/1000 rings + Complete without using continue (10 lives). Can be done seperately.

At least that was the case on Steam. Maybe here Retro God! was changed to include doing all of them without dying (on Steam there was another achievement Iron Pixels for finishing all cartridges without dying).

It's actually 10 lives in total, you've 9 additional lives
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

The Past cartridges: Complete + Get 100/100 rings (small collectible) + Completing without using continue (9 lives). Can be done seperately.

Glitched cartridges: Complete only. Unlimited lives.

Cartridges from ???: Complete only (you have 0 lives so you can't die anyway).

Super Mega Cart: Complete + Get 1000/1000 rings + Complete without using continue (9 lives). Can be done seperately.

At least that was the case on Steam. Maybe here Retro God! was changed to include doing all of them without dying (on Steam there was another achievement Iron Pixels for finishing all cartridges without dying).

Thank you mate for all the information! So it doesn’t sound too bad to me. Not as hard as SMB at least with no death runs. Or is there some sort of trick in the trophy list that I should be aware of? May get to actually plat this one.

• Like 1

On 3.05.2019 at 2:38 PM, StylerX01 said:

Thank you mate for all the information! So it doesn’t sound too bad to me. Not as hard as SMB at least with no death runs. Or is there some sort of trick in the trophy list that I should be aware of? May get to actually plat this one.

Tower of Ascension consist of 4 other cartridges and adds 5 screens you have no chance to practice outside of Youtube. So to even reach them you have to beat 27 screens without dying.

Super Mega Cart consist of 9 other cartridges and adds 10 screens you have no chance to practice outside of Youtube. So to even reach them you have to beat 90 screens without using all of your lives (you have 40 in total).

These two are especially difficult.

You have 40 lives in total, not 36
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Tower of Ascension consist of 4 other cartridges and adds 5 screens you have no chance to practice outside of Youtube. So to even reach them you have to beat 27 screens without dying.

Super Mega Cart consist of 9 other cartridges and adds 10 screens you have no chance to practice outside of Youtube. So to even reach them you have to beat 90 screens without using all of your lives (you have 36 in total).

These two are especially difficult.

Sounds interesting, kind of like a no death run? But once you reach those can you die then?

Other than these two, you can just kind of stumble through the other trophies. I thought less than 200 deaths would be a problem but that leaves a huge window for error...no?

For 1.5 hour speedrun, if you can pause to rest it should be possible with some practice. Current speedrun wr is at 30:00 minutes.

4 minutes ago, StylerX01 said:

I thought less than 200 deaths would be a problem but that leaves a huge window for error...no?

For 1.5 hour speedrun, if you can pause to rest it should be possible with some practice. Current speedrun wr is at 30:00 minutes.

I though the same, but hell I was wrong. Even after 30 hour practice on Steam version and about 5 hours here I'm still not able to beat it with less than 200 deaths easily, later future levels are so damn tricky and fish enemies in Blight are very, very annoying. However contrarty to SMB, we have 3 save slots so it's possible to train on second save slot and return to first when you are confident. Or use a USB/cloud save sync if you're really desperate.

1 minute ago, StylerX01 said:

Sounds interesting, kind of like a no death run? But once you reach those can you die then?

You must beat all 32 screens of Tower of Ascension cart without dying, there's no single checkpoint here.