Trophy Thoughts

Just now, KaKrackle said:

I think that everyone’s is underestimating this game, I think completeing some of them carts is gonna be a bitch.

That's true, but all depends on whether or not deathless cartridges are programmed into Retro God trophy.

Not needing to do crazy shit like this deathless would be a huge savior and lowers the difficulty to 9/10 in my opinion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

I think that everyone’s is underestimating this game, I think completeing some of them carts is gonna be a bitch.

I hope so ??

There aren't that much good 0. UR indie Plats out there, so i am really hoping this Game stays on SMB Level ?

Fortunaly i have enough online PS3 games to finish at the Moment, so i could wait for a Sale and maybe a Patch ?✌

32 minutes ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

I though the same, but hell I was wrong. Even after 30 hour practice on Steam version and about 5 hours here I'm still not able to beat it with less than 200 deaths easily, later future levels are so damn tricky and fish enemies in Blight are very, very annoying. However contrarty to SMB, we have 3 save slots so it's possible to train on second save slot and return to first when you are confident. Or use a USB/cloud save sync if you're really desperate.

You must beat all 32 screens of Tower of Ascension cart without dying, there's no single checkpoint here.

Oof. Maybe I underestimated this game, but I should be able to manage with many hours of practice somehow.

And also, would you mind if I added you on PSN? You seem like a cool guy to talk to :)

• Like 1

I just have a feeling that deathless carts will be a thing. Edmund is a troll. I remember him saying in an interview I saw somewhere that he basically  designs trophy lists / achievements specifically to piss people off ?

Who knows though. It’s still early days yet.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StylerX01 said:

Oof. Maybe I underestimated this game, but I should be able to manage with many hours of practice somehow.

And also, would you mind if I added you on PSN? You seem like a cool guy to talk to :)

Thanks for kind words, but I must refuse. Sorry, not that I've got something against you but I don't want to add people not from my country or people I don't know personally. But you can send me a message through PSNProfiles if you wish, I'm always eager to discuss about TEIN and other games I know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Thanks for kind words, but I must refuse. Sorry, not that I've got something against you but I don't want to add people not from my country or people I don't know personally. But you can send me a message through PSNProfiles if you wish, I'm always eager to discuss about TEIN and other games I know.

That’s okay. I didn’t even know you could send a message through PSNProfiles ?

3 hours ago, UltraRareBoy said:

So we need a patch & prey that this will be a ps+ game in the future = 0.20% ~ 0.50% plat :D

Honestly, I don't want it to happen. There's now only 2 games for PS+ and people throw shit at everything on PS+ that's not AAA and have less than 80% on Meta. This game is too good to be treated like that and I hope it won't reach a bigger audience, even if platinum will be more common.

• Like 1

While the lack of deathless run trophies is somehwhat of a relief, the speedrun and even the sub 200 death run trophies (i'd imagine those two kinda go hand in hand) should ensure it's still a plenty difficult platinum.

Edit: Just remembered that USB save is a thing so honestly it might be pretty doable with practice. Still UR obviously, but a tier below SMB.

Edited by Happy

18 minutes ago, Happy said:

While the lack of deathless run trophies is somehwhat of a relief, the speedrun and even the sub 200 death run trophies (i'd imagine those two kinda go hand in hand) should ensure it's still a plenty difficult platinum.

Edit: Just remembered that USB save is a thing so honestly it might be pretty doable with practice. Still UR obviously, but a tier below SMB.

There is a no death run in the form of “Tower of Ascension”. It’s sadistic

Edited by StylerX01
EDIT: Accidental wrong info
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Happy said:

42 minutes ago, StylerX01 said:

There is a no death run in the form of “Tower of Ascension”. It’s sadistic

These two are first brick walls on the road to platinum, but looking at Steam's percentages these two feats are still not the hardest thing.

Complete Tower of Ascension - 1.1%

Undying - 0.6%

Retro God - 0.4% (you have to beat Tower of Ascension anyway to get this)

As Steam's Dead God (152% including all cartridges without dying) is 0.3% on Steam it's not a big difference, so I guess I underestimated the game as @KaKrackle said. But when I realized you don't have to do all cartridges deathless it felt like a huge relief and confidence boost. You still have to put a dedication to achieve Retro God but not THAT much.

Tower of Ascension is so scary because it adds a whole new level of stress absent from Super Meat Boy you have to beat so many screens without dying and encounter five screens you've never played before and still have to beat them without dying. These levels don't require any crazy tricks or super precise jumps though, so it's pretty doable, SMB Cotton Alley deathless runs are still harder than this.

Still no patch of course. Nicalis prefer to advertise broken game than to do something to make it non-broken. 

I liked SMB so will be picking this up if/when it gets patched. 

The only trophy that'll be a bitch is getting through the game with less than 200 deaths. I wonder if it'll be possible to save-scum at all? At least it's not as bad as the Steam list where you can't die at all. 

30 minutes ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

I wonder if it'll be possible to save-scum at all?

Yes, it'll be possible. You don't have to beat the game in one go. But you can do it legit with enough practice on another save slot (train the chapter or half of it until you're ready), it's still not a cakewalk because some Blight and Ruin stages can screw you over easily if you're not careful.

Nicalis the publisher should be bitched about for now, not the game. I was waiting whole weekend and monday for a patch and nothing changed yet. I can't do more content of the game to not risk locking myself out of trophies, so I'm practising for Super Mega Cart and Tower of Ascension currently,

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex

20 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Yes, it'll be possible. You don't have to beat the game in one go. But you can do it legit with enough practice on another save slot (train the chapter or half of it until you're ready), it's still not a cakewalk because some Blight and Ruin stages can screw you over easily if you're not careful.

Nicalis the publisher should be bitched about for now, not the game. I was waiting whole weekend and monday for a patch and nothing changed yet. I can't do more content of the game to not risk locking myself out of trophies, so I'm practising for Super Mega Cart and Tower of Ascension currently,

I found blight rather easy compared to others and I would advise not to save scum. Just ruins the fun of getting better (Not intended to be towards you)

Im at the point you are at, I can't unlock any more trophies. I only have a few mega tumors and carts to get so hopefully a patch is very soon. Annoyed as I 100% 4 carts already... Hopefully it pops trophies if I just re beat em.

1 hour ago, lilpain97 said:

I found blight rather easy compared to others and I would advise not to save scum. Just ruins the fun of getting better (Not intended to be towards you)

Im at the point you are at, I can't unlock any more trophies. I only have a few mega tumors and carts to get so hopefully a patch is very soon. Annoyed as I 100% 4 carts already... Hopefully it pops trophies if I just re beat em.

Undying trophy is pretty solid step forward as far as trophies of this game goes, jumping onto this task even after 100% main game may be unsuccessful without solid practice.

I'm a bit disappointed there's no Iron Man chapter runs like in SMB, they would give you more fun of the game + enough skill for Undying trophy.

It's 12:45 AM now at Santa Ana where Nicalis is, maybe we can get the patch today. But I heard Isaac was broken for literally months, so I'm afraid we can wait here that long too... (I know I'm starting to be boring with this but I just can't wait especially after waiting for this game so long)

15 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Undying trophy is pretty solid step forward as far as trophies of this game goes, jumping onto this task even after 100% main game may be unsuccessful without solid practice.

I'm a bit disappointed there's no Iron Man chapter runs like in SMB, they would give you more fun of the game + enough skill for Undying trophy.

It's 12:45 AM now at Santa Ana where Nicalis is, maybe we can get the patch today. But I heard Isaac was broken for literally months, so I'm afraid we can wait here that long too... (I know I'm starting to be boring with this but I just can't wait especially after waiting for this game so long)

Right now without practice I can do the past without much deaths. Its just the future (Apart from Blight) where my deaths would stack up. Im more concerned about Ascension and Mega cart rn.

Honestly im surprised 30+ trophies are broke... Did anyone test the game? Even beating final area is broke. I love this game but I dunno how long we will have to wait for fix, it isn't like its selling well either, so not a lot of complaints will be sent to em. 

Well, I was around for all the crap the pulled with TBOI, PS4 players watching from the sidelines while other platforms received content updates. Not only that, Nicalis didn't even freaking bother to release a patch to fix their broken game. And it looks like their trying to do the same again with TEIN. I even tried to play around those unobtainable trophies but when I happened upon a screen transition yesterday that caused the game to crash, effectively preventing me from making progress in that area as well, I have now reached a point where I don't want to just accept this stuff anymore.

Seeing how we can't get a response from Nicalis in any way, I've thought about one more thing to do: Call your PSN service hotline, explain the situation and Nicalis' behaviour in the past, and demand a refund! From what I've been told, should more people contact them (Sony) about a refund due to the game not working as intended/expected, Sony themselves will get in contact with Nicalis! This appears to be the only way to reasonably be able to expect anything to happen in the near future, so please, follow my lead here.

Just to clarify: I'm not looking to boycot the company or anything. Should I receive a refund I will most likey invest that money into TEIN again, you know, once the game works as intended. I'm just sick and tired of the way this company treats its customers and I believe that we as critical consumers ought to put a stop to this.

• Like 3

I've been looking forward to play this game for quite a while and glad to see it finally came to console. Was hoping to see the "Iron God!" trophy being present, but unfortunately that's not the case. Oh well.. will play this game regardeless of trophies anyways, as the game looks very entertaining. Haven't played any platformer in a while, so looking forward to get back into the genre.

As for the broken trophies, I've reached out to their Twitter today and they mentioned that "It's being fixed now". So either they already fixed it or are working on the issue as we speak. Glad to see they are fixing this issue relatively fast. Figured there was a chance it would take months, if not years for them to fix their stuff, as we've seen before with The Binding of Isaac. Glad that's not the case this time.

• Like 1

I approve your bother @Floriiss, I hope Edmund didn't reply you just for peace of mind and Nicalis really is working on a patch.

And as far as I admire your hunting for challenge, I'd not like to see Iron God trophy here honestly, or at least not required for a plat.

I'll be checking for patch from time to time and I'll write here as soon as it'll be released.

• Like 2

Finally, after 22 days of broken trophies! As far everything is unlocking correctly + The Hollows 12 secret area is fixed.

I just don't understand two things: strange character markings near the level name (for example 5c-6 for Golgotha 6, is it for devs and was forgotten to be removed or what?) and flipping The Ruin area upside-down (why they fakingly increased difficulty, this is absent from Steam version).

EDIT: Another patch 1.02 was released, which "Fixed rendering issue in Ruin". So the area is back to normal now. Thank God, I was thinking of putting a mirror on my table in front of TV to have an easier time with this.

EDIT 2: The one trophy that bothers me is "BEAT IT!" (Beat the full game and all carts!), I'm 99% sure it should unlock with "Retro Rampage!" trophy, and two players who got "Retro Rampage!" don't have "BEAT IT!". So it either didn't unlock for them because they met the requirements before patch, or this one trophy is broken.

EDIT 3: "BEAT IT!" isn't broken, but is probably broken for those who completed all cartridges and Nevermore before the patch 1.01.

• Like 1

On 22/05/2019 at 4:09 PM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Finally, after 22 days of broken trophies! As far everything is unlocking correctly + The Hollows 12 secret area is fixed.

I just don't understand two things: strange character markings near the level name (for example 5c-6 for Golgotha 6, is it for devs and was forgotten to be removed or what?) and flipping The Ruin area upside-down (why they fakingly increased difficulty, this is absent from Steam version).

EDIT: Another patch 1.02 was released, which "Fixed rendering issue in Ruin". So the area is back to normal now. Thank God, I was thinking of putting a mirror on my table in front of TV to have an easier time with this.

EDIT 2: The one trophy that bothers me is "BEAT IT!" (Beat the full game and all carts!), I'm 99% sure it should unlock with "Retro Rampage!" trophy, and two players who got "Retro Rampage!" don't have "BEAT IT!". So it either didn't unlock for them because they met the requirements before patch, or this one trophy is broken.

EDIT 3: "BEAT IT!" isn't broken, but is probably broken for those who completed all cartridges and Nevermore before the patch 1.01.

Soooo out of interest...what are the conditions for Retro God? Does the mega cart have to be completed deathless?

2 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

Soooo out of interest...what are the conditions for Retro God? Does the mega cart have to be completed deathless?

Nope, without continuing & 1000 rings is enough. Also just completing glitch carts is enough.

I also think about making a trophy guide for this game on saturday as my first trophy guide. If someone else's is interested, PM me or post here, we can share work and cooperate.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/05/2019 at 5:42 PM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Nope, without continuing & 1000 rings is enough. Also just completing glitch carts is enough.

I also think about making a trophy guide for this game on saturday as my first trophy guide. If someone else's is interested, PM me or post here, we can share work and cooperate.

You should do it dude. So many confusing things about this game.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Bought this game last month and can just say, wow. The gameplay is absolutely amazing in any possible way. I am totally addicted to this bizarre little gem. Since no guide can be found anywhere in the web besides the Wiki, i decided to create a roadmap. It's 70% done. Hopefully it can be released by the end of the month. 

I really want to drag more attention to this game, so I hope the work will pay out :-) 

To all of you who like 2 D jump n runs, give it a try, it is a fucking blast!

• Like 4