Wrongful Flag

HoorayForTyler

I was wondering if someone could tell me how I’d go about disputing a wrongful flag? I’m off the leaderboards bc someone has stated I completed a game way too quickly, but I didn’t cheat, just did a speedrun. How exactly do I show proof? I don’t record on PS3. Thanks

9 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I was wondering if someone could tell me how I’d go about disputing a wrongful flag? I’m off the leaderboards bc someone has stated I completed a game way too quickly, but I didn’t cheat, just did a speedrun. How exactly do I show proof? I don’t record on PS3. Thanks

You don't need proof in the way you're probably thinking. The flags are accepted when two essential criteria aren't met:

1. The order you obtained the trophies in is not possible when playing through the game

2. The time it took to obtain each trophy and the relation you obtained them in the order you obtained them is not possible.

To dispute the flag, you need to look at the flag reason given to you on your dispute page.

Then you just need to explain the actions you took, being thorough to show that it can be repeated by anyone else playing the game after you, and how long you took to do them. If the way you explain you got the trophies can be repeated by someone else (without cheating using any of the methods described in the What Constitutes a Flag topic), then your flag should be lifted.

8 hours ago, lordguwa said:

youtube videos of your full run but that may seem impossible to show.

That's not helpful (any suggestions to go back in time and change decisions aren't helpful), but it's on the right track. The dispute should be for specific trophies for specific reasons. Videos, OPs or someone elses, repeating the order trophies in the dispute were earned in the time they earned would be compelling evidence. These could be created anytime after a dispute is started and don't require backward time travel. Bit of overkill though if it can just be typed up in the format of a summary/guide.

• Like 1