Why so low % completion?

I mean really, just beating all 6 games with rewind function gives you 30%, 2 times more that average completion.

I thought collections like this are bought mostly by retro gamers who played these games on NES and want to refresh their memories, but looking on leaderboard shows more than half of owners haven't earned a single trophy.

Is there something not right with this game?

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex

You'd be surprised at the amount of people that don't complete games. Taking the HITMAN Marrakesh DLC as an example, like 40k people have bought it but only 50% have the trophy for finishing the level. That's like 20k people who haven't finished the story level of the DLC they bought.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IDiivil said:

Nothing wrong with the trophies or the game itself.

I imagine people buy it for the nostalgia and then realise the games are actually crap (they're not), or too difficult and the game goes to the backburner.

And the completion isn't that low anyway. People just generally don't complete games.

So it may be safe to say most cheaper games have trophies with lower percentages, contrary to most AAA games bought by mass at a full price.

Many people just buy game for like 5$, check if they like it and move on if not. I can't imagine someone buying Marvel's Spider-Man or God of War and leave it on the shelf to collect dust.

36 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

You'd be surprised at the amount of people that don't complete games. Taking the HITMAN Marrakesh DLC as an example, like 40k people have bought it but only 50% have the trophy for finishing the level. That's like 20k people who haven't finished the story level of the DLC they bought.

I get your point, but it's not a good comparison, because it's a DLC, and DLC trophies rarity is geometric mean of two different rarity values, It's not a good indicator, you don't know how many people own it, but not completed it.

23 minutes ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

I get your point, but it's not a good comparison, because it's a DLC, and DLC trophies rarity is geometric mean of two different rarity values, It's not a good indicator, you don't know how many people own it, but not completed it.

Take Bioshock then. 268k owners, 33% have the trophy for completing the game.That's 179k people who haven't finished it. People just don't complete games much anymore, there's a shedload of articles on the topic as well and they're a pretty interesting read imo.

Perhaps a lot of people playing the Afternoon Collection remember the games being hard when they were kids and give up again lol

Though I suspect you're right in that people buy games when they're cheap, decide they don't like them and forget about them. People do buy full price AAA and leave them on the shelf though, currently where my copy of Sekiro is while I just don't feel like playing it.

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 1

I mean ive got probably probably at least 150+ games that i haven't played sitting on my shelf and i'm sure others are in similar situations. Plus god knows how many digital games. People start things and never go back to them. Not to mention i assume the games in this are hard, and there are speedrun trophies which are something the average player will probably never attempt

I don't recall exactly but I think you aren't allowed rewinds or save states in the time trial mode, and some games like Tale Spin are very difficult to control, and with limited lives/continues, so people are probably not able to actually complete them.

• Like 2

This is a licensed game, which attracts a lot of "casual players" but none of the games in the collection are easy.

Then you have a bunch of time trials to complete, which alongside online trophies are the most likely to put people off completing a trophy list.

Then you also have a list that contains only bronze trophies, so you are putting in a lot of effort for small rewards.

1.)It's not a plat, 2.)It's all bronze

Another reason it might be low % is people buy the collection not to play all the games, but to revisit specific games they remember. 15% of 20 trophies is 3 trophies, which means the average players beat roughly half the games in the collection. The Boss time trials are pretty generous with time, but the full game speed runs are much more problematic.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
On 3.05.2019 at 4:16 PM, IDiivil said:

Nothing wrong with the trophies or the game itself.

I imagine people buy it for the nostalgia and then realise the games are actually crap (they're not), or too difficult and the game goes to the backburner.

And the completion isn't that low anyway. People just generally don't complete games.

I've just bought collection. And hell yeah i goonna finish every game at least once. I noticed there is rewind button, make it so much easier. Yeah, i finished all these games long ago, on nes, when i was a kid ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/3/2019 at 4:02 PM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

I mean really, just beating all 6 games with rewind function gives you 30%, 2 times more that average completion.

I thought collections like this are bought mostly by retro gamers who played these games on NES and want to refresh their memories, but looking on leaderboard shows more than half of owners haven't earned a single trophy.

Nothing wrong, the only thing: Game is quite hard. If you already know them from the past, you're ok with some things because memory comes back, but if you haven't played some of these games, like Darkwing and TailSpin speaking on my personal matters, and you will be punished everytime you try.

Plus: No platinum means no party for many people out there.

I'm enjoying it years ago after buying it and probably gonna make it on Xbox some day, but game is not easy at all.

• 2 months later...
On 5/3/2019 at 4:02 PM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

i think too that many people buy this game because they played some of them in their childhood. ducktales 1, chip n dale 1 and darkwing duck, that's why i bought it. and to see how the other three games are.

not everyone out there is a trophy hunter and wants to 100% the game and the hunters aren't interested because there is no platinum trophy. even here. i don't plat games when it's not fun enough for me.

On 9/4/2023 at 5:03 PM, ChristianHenares said:

Nothing wrong, the only thing: Game is quite hard. If you already know them from the past, you're ok with some things because memory comes back, but if you haven't played some of these games, like Darkwing and TailSpin speaking on my personal matters, and you will be punished everytime you try.

Plus: No platinum means no party for many people out there.

I'm enjoying it years ago after buying it and probably gonna make it on Xbox some day, but game is not easy at all.

calling the games hard is a bit too much.. you need a bit of skill for all the old games that where released n gameboy, nes or snes and even later consoles/handhelds. the time limit for boss attack is a joke, especially when you can watch the best runs ingame. beating the game in normal mode is a joke because of the rewind function. the only thing that'S allowed being called hard is the time attack mode because you can't rewind and have to beat the game without any help. but the games are short and 2 hours is really generous! and when you have beaten the games in time attack mode you will have no problem gaining the trophy for completing a game without using the rewind function.

On 11/20/2023 at 12:48 AM, KruegAirNo1 said:

i think too that many people buy this game because they played some of them in their childhood. ducktales 1, chip n dale 1 and darkwing duck, that's why i bought it. and to see how the other three games are.

not everyone out there is a trophy hunter and wants to 100% the game and the hunters aren't interested because there is no platinum trophy. even here. i don't plat games when it's not fun enough for me.

calling the games hard is a bit too much.. you need a bit of skill for all the old games that where released n gameboy, nes or snes and even later consoles/handhelds. the time limit for boss attack is a joke, especially when you can watch the best runs ingame. beating the game in normal mode is a joke because of the rewind function. the only thing that'S allowed being called hard is the time attack mode because you can't rewind and have to beat the game without any help. but the games are short and 2 hours is really generous! and when you have beaten the games in time attack mode you will have no problem gaining the trophy for completing a game without using the rewind function.

I'm speaking here on behalf of every casual gamer overall and not pro-players of course. you can check out my world records and my profile so you can see my level. Maybe I over exagerated saying they're really hard, obviously this is not a Crypt of the Necrodancer kinda difficult game, but still The Disney Afternoon Collection is a game that only some hundreds of players in the world got it 100% on Xbox, Steam and PS4. That means the game it is hard in fact wheter you think it's not.

I'd give it 6.5/10 on difficulty rate. I'm not saying you cannot give it a 2/10 on difficulty rate, but then again, when less than 1.000 players got it on every system, that means something my friend.

This remind me of a guy I knew on some Discord chat with the Injustice: Gods Among Us platinum, can't recall if it was PS4, PS3, PSVITA, but he only did it once. Guy kept telling everyone that the game was really easy and dissapointing. Obviously he was trolling for some reason because he didn't got more hard platinum trophies at all, only Injustice. He had my respect for achieving something I'm not able to do, but for some reason he was repeating this and demoralizing people.

• Like 1

Yeah, to me the 100% wasn't too hard as the time limits are quite lenient(most of the games clock in at the 30 to 45 minute range). Ducktales 1 and 2 are quite easy. Chip and dale 1 and 2 have a few annoying parts but are quite doable. Its darkwing duck and especially talespin that would break the 100% as darkwing duck is actually quite tricky at times but you have unlimited continues so your biggest concern is the time limit(i died at least 20 times but still made it) while talespin is slightly easier of a game overall then darkwing(but still harder then either Ducktales or Chip and dale games) you have limited continues and if you lose them all your run is finished so because of that its the hardest of the games.

On 11/25/2023 at 6:23 PM, ChristianHenares said:

I'm speaking here on behalf of every casual gamer overall and not pro-players of course. you can check out my world records and my profile so you can see my level. Maybe I over exagerated saying they're really hard, obviously this is not a Crypt of the Necrodancer kinda difficult game, but still The Disney Afternoon Collection is a game that only some hundreds of players in the world got it 100% on Xbox, Steam and PS4. That means the game it is hard in fact wheter you think it's not.

I'd give it 6.5/10 on difficulty rate. I'm not saying you cannot give it a 2/10 on difficulty rate, but then again, when less than 1.000 players got it on every system, that means something my friend.

This remind me of a guy I knew on some Discord chat with the Injustice: Gods Among Us platinum, can't recall if it was PS4, PS3, PSVITA, but he only did it once. Guy kept telling everyone that the game was really easy and dissapointing. Obviously he was trolling for some reason because he didn't got more hard platinum trophies at all, only Injustice. He had my respect for achieving something I'm not able to do, but for some reason he was repeating this and demoralizing people.

wow, i don't understand why your answer sounds like i wanted to attack someone or tell that i'm the best gamer on earth or something like that. i just said that the games really aren't that hard to encourage people to keep playing them. it's really no souls game or anything like this but you can't meassure how hard a game is by it's completion rate.. not only on the completion rate. when talking about demon's souls, okay, you can use the completion rate, but not when we're talking about a collection of retro games with no plat and bronze trophies only. like i said in my post too many people like some of these games because of their childhood and don't play each game. maybe they have it more easy to complete these games being used to the old style of playing games on gameboy or nes than a 13 year old who grew up with comfort functions. and yeah i understand that everyone has an own interpretation of a game being "hard". but each game has some more or less challenging parts you have to master to earn beating the game. and it's far away from being unfair.

so the ducktales and chip n dale games are very easy. nothing to worry. darkwing really is a bit harder because of the more complex controls but really doable with the unlimited continues like someone said. the only game i'm a bit afraid of is time attack in talespin. i didn't knew this game before and played it the first time this evening. fucking bullet hell sometimes! with rewind not that much of a problem and boss attack was more easy than i thought.

each boss attack mode gives you unlimited lives, there are about only 6 bosses each game, when you die you restart at the boss you died and you have 1 hour of time!

time attack gives you 2 hours for completion where each game takes max 1 hour when even playing slow and save.

and like i said last time you can watch the best strategies directly in the game for time attack and boss attack mode.

so everyone buy these great games and enjoy the 90s! except talespin, it's not a great game 😁

Edited by KruegAirNo1

On 11/30/2023 at 12:27 AM, KruegAirNo1 said:

so everyone buy these great games and enjoy the 90s! except talespin, it's not a great game 😁

I'm sorry if it sound like that but I gotta say you would got a point with the no platinum point as a reason to people not achieving this game but as I said, on Xbox not many people got it and there is no platinum on Xbox games. In fact, this game is 1000G just like The Walking Dead: Michonne for instance. That means, Michonne and The Disney Afternoon Collection (and Lock's Quest and so many other games without Platinum on PlayStation) have the same value for players than a game with Platinum.

I'm an achiever hunter as well on Xbox and because there is no platinum there (not up to now whatsoever, but this week they've just said that something new is coming up) many games that on PlayStation I didn't like to finish, like The Disney Afternoon Collection, Rise & Shine, Lock's Quest, The Walking Dead: Michonne, The Walking Dead: Season 2 and so on, as well as they got 1000G that means that they have the exact same value as a platinum "common" game.

The Disney Afternoon Collection on Trueachievements only 324 people got it. Being a game that it's always on Deals for less than 5$ / 5€ and every single one of its achievements are below 10% (so, Diamond achievement when you get it) that might mean two things.

1. Nobody is buying it
2. Nobody is completing it (because reasons, but of course it's because it's not easy to complete)

On Xbox there are some crazy guys like at PlayStation getting all 100% games as they can on different port versions. On PlayStation we got 6 ports before PS5 launched and now there are even more. On Xbox there were only 3 ports on some games, but still a lot of crappy games and there are people with more than 2.000.000G getting all they can.

This game, The Disney Afternoon Collection, it simple doesn't fit these kind of achiever hunter's players.

I mean, difficulty rate value is a thing we can get with data and facts if we look at the numbers, but yeah, there is one catch, and that is that a game is not being sold that much.

You can watch the Disney Infinity games rates here on PSNPROFILES. They're actually easy, but a little bit long, and not so many people got it on some ports. in fact, some of Dark Souls games have better rate than the Disney games. That of course doesn't mean Disney Infinity is harder than Dark Souls, not by a chance.

• Like 1