Question about collectibles

Varhur

I sadly got the invisible wall glitch at the end of mission 10 and if i won't find any way to counter it, i'll have to restart the mission. I don't mind it that much, but the part that worries me is collectibles, especially because there are ID tags in that level.

If i'll restart the mission, will i have to get every collectible back? Or once picked up, they're saved on the list towards collectible trophies?

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I'll have to update the info about this... at least on the PS3. The Nostromo logs will save the moment you listen to them... BUT the tags won't unless you save your game first. If you die and reloaded a previous save, you'll see that the tags are still going to be there... and when you check the list the tag will still be listed as a ????. So save before you reload another chapter to save your progress.

They carry over on different playthroughs as well.  I completed mine on two playthroughs.  Had 3 Nostromo logs on PT1 and collected the remaining 7 on PT2 and got the trophy.  Same with the tags.  So don't worry if you missed collecting them on your first playthrough. If you're doing the tedious and stressfull one-playthrough route then just reload Mission 16 and complete the collection from there for any missing ones - unless you missed out on the ones from Mission 17/18 then you'd have to play those chapters to get them. Don't forget to save before you exit.