Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NERVergoproxy

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward expansion free

8 posts in this topic

So I was registering my Shadow of Tomb Raider and notice this announcement on their site. Thought I announce it here, since there is no other announcements I notice anywhere else.

But you can get your copy of Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward for free, its only till  June 27, 19. This is the full version of the expansion. You can grab it up for PS4 or PC.

https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/final-fantasy-xiv-heavensward-free-limited-time

You may have to log in to your SE account though.

This is mainly for all those that bought the game awhile ago and maybe thinking of returning and check out the new stuff, since the Starter Pack already has Heavensward included.

Will you be returning?

Though must probably wont as its a sub base. But currently XIV has a onetime event, FFXV X FFXIV, you can get some pretty sweet event items like the Regalia mount from FFXV and Noctis costumes and hair style. Dont miss out!!! Also its free login atm for 168hrs till June 17. so login and grab your goodies!!!

Neat. I've been wanting to get Heavensward, but they stopped selling it. The only way to get it is to buy Stormblood. I haven't wanted to shell out the money for it though. I would rather do one expansion at a time, since idk how long I'll be playing.

If i dont have the game, can I still download it for free? Or do i need to buy the base game first?

5 minutes ago, Van-Helsings said:

If i dont have the game, can I still download it for free? Or do i need to buy the base game first?

No, you got to have the game, at least that is what the announcement says.

"PS4 users can download the expansion from the PlayStation Store. If you have an existing copy of FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Starter Edition, or A Realm Reborn, it’ll be marked as free to download."

On 5/4/2019 at 0:46 AM, NERVergoproxy said:

No, you got to have the game, at least that is what the announcement says.

"PS4 users can download the expansion from the PlayStation Store. If you have an existing copy of FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Starter Edition, or A Realm Reborn, it’ll be marked as free to download."

It's marked as free download but then is says I cannot download it O.o any tips? 

Saw this post, rushed to buy a physical copy of ARR online. Paid for Express shipping. Got the game delivered in 3 days. Installed it. Found out I still cannot download Heavensward  because "I don't own a copy of ARR Stardard Pack".

Severely disappointed. Even though I have HW for the PS3, can I play the game with just ARR on the PS4?

Posted (edited)

On 6/10/2019 at 11:30 AM, Johnathan994 said:

It's marked as free download but then is says I cannot download it O.o any tips? 

I personally did not need to go thru to get it free as I already have it bought so I do not know, I wish I can help more.

1 hour ago, XypherVG said:

Saw this post, rushed to buy a physical copy of ARR online. Paid for Express shipping. Got the game delivered in 3 days. Installed it. Found out I still cannot download Heavensward  because "I don't own a copy of ARR Stardard Pack".

Severely disappointed. Even though I have HW for the PS3, can I play the game with just ARR on the PS4?

Sorry for the confusion, but Im pretty sure the official site says you do no not need the Starter Pack.

https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/final-fantasy-xiv-heavensward-free-limited-time

if you scroll all the way down to bottom it says.

edit:

I think the problem for all is, you do not need to "download" it as its already downloaded to your system with the patches everytime if you know what I mean. The content is already patched in like every other mmos. If you login during this period of time it will register you having HW. Now dont quote me on it as I do not know for how Ps4 works. I got the HW expansion for alternate PC account and it worked like a charm. It was just ARR edition, no Starter nothing. I'll google a little to see if anyone said anything otherwise.

edit2:

Ok so I did a little googling and find out a little more. I suggest a quick skim thru

but to cut it short you may have to contact SE as someone did

"I spent the morning with Sony customer service about this. The issue is that Heavansward was only flagged to be compatible with the digital starter edition, and will be unavailable if you have any of the other versions (like my physical collectors edition.) Sony rep told me its Square Enix that sets this and they couldn't help me.

So, I got in touch with Square Enix, and they just gave me a key to enter in the PS store that bypassed the broken store entry. I'd recommend contacting SE first about it."

He got the phy Collector edition but im pretty sure ARR regular edition will do to since its what was and still is on their official site. If you skim thru the rest of the reddit post, most just contacted SE and got a code to bypass this PSN store crap. Good luck guys.

But if you want HW for PC or Mac too, heres the link for that too.

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/ffxiv_heavensward_free

I got the code and enter it on my mogstation and it register my 2nd PC account a free copy. :)

Edited by NERVergoproxy

4 hours ago, XypherVG said:

This is my problem as well O.o I can't download the starter pack as well since it says  I have a ff14 copy lol :D