Season & Adventure Pass not available on EU store?

Cyvnyde

Hi all

Just a quick question I'm hoping someone will be able to clear up.

Just had a look for the Season & Adventure Pass on the EU store but couldn't find anything. Has it been taken down or is it cryptically hidden, like some content on PS Store seems to be sometimes? It does seem to be available on the US store still, though.

Also, does anyone know if the Season Pass content you get from the physical purchase still works? TellTale style (for some reason) is to only have Episode 1 on the disc and you have to download the rest.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Cyvnyde

7 hours ago, Cyvnyde said:

Hi all

Just a quick question I'm hoping someone will be able to clear up.

Just had a look for the Season & Adventure Pass on the EU store but couldn't find anything. Has it been taken down or is it cryptically hidden, like some content on PS Store seems to be sometimes? It does seem to be available on the US store still, though.

Also, does anyone know if the Season Pass content you get from the physical purchase still works? TellTale style (for some reason) is to only have Episode 1 on the disc and you have to download the rest.

Thanks in advance.

It looks like some Telltale games have been removed from all storefronts.

https://www.onmsft.com/news/telltale-games-minecraft-storymode-game-of-thrones-walking-dead-video-games-xbox-360-windows-10

So yeah.

I've read around that for people who even have the physical disc season pass, that they seem to be unable to download episode episode after the delisting. But not sure if it is 100% true?

I also want to know if I purchase a digital code  for the season pass from a store like CDKeys or other digital code provider, if I would still be able to download each episode or not? I'm guessing it might be the same as the season pass physical disc? If anyone can confirm, that would be great.

@DysectorZA I discovered there's a Complete Adventure version (see link) and in the description, it says all Episodes (1-8) are on the disc. I have just ordered a copy so will test this and let you know over the next week or two, if no one else comes back or knows the answer before then.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Minecraft-Story-Mode-Complete-Adventure/dp/B01LX41RC6/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2YNUPQY3938MJ&keywords=minecraft+story+mode+complete+adventure+ps4&qid=1557045086&s=gateway&sprefix=minecraft+story+mode+complete+%2Caps%2C148&sr=8-1

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cyvnyde said:

@DysectorZA I discovered there's a Complete Adventure version (see link) and in the description, it says all Episodes (1-8) are on the disc. I have just ordered a copy so will test this and let you know over the next week or two, if no one else comes back or knows the answer before then.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Minecraft-Story-Mode-Complete-Adventure/dp/B01LX41RC6/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2YNUPQY3938MJ&keywords=minecraft+story+mode+complete+adventure+ps4&qid=1557045086&s=gateway&sprefix=minecraft+story+mode+complete+%2Caps%2C148&sr=8-1

Thank you. I'll want to hear from you.

I'm specifically looking to buy a digital code from CDKeys.

On 5/6/2019 at 4:43 PM, black__bunny said:

Do you know if they were only removed from the EU store?

They were removed from all storefronts. US, UK, EU - PS4, XBox, Steam. Everywhere.

What I'm curious about is if someone purchases a digital code or say a retails copy with the Season Pass on it, if they are still able to download each episode and play them.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 1 of season 1 is free now in EU store but all the rest of the episodes are unavailable to purchase, even tho they are still in the ps store.

I hope they make them available once more soon because i still wanted to play this. There was even a bundle with season one and two but i did get removed :(

2 hours ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

Episode 1 of season 1 is free now in EU store but all the rest of the episodes are unavailable to purchase, even tho they are still in the ps store.

I hope they make them available once more soon because i still wanted to play this. There was even a bundle with season one and two but i did get removed :(

Yeah, that's the problem.

My little cousins got episode 1, and they enjoyed it, and now the want the rest of the season and when I went to buy them the rest of the season, it is showing not available.

Not I'm looking for the disc version with all the episodes on the disc, but it seems pretty rare to find in my country.

On 5/16/2019 at 8:15 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

You can still redeem PSN game codes bought from 3rd party retailers, even after a game has been delisted. I have bought a Vita game that way after it was delisted once.

Thank you for the feedback. Which game was delisted?

So you bought a digital code from some online store and even though the game was no longer available for purchase on the Sony PSN store, you could still redeem the code and the game downloaded without issues?

I want to purchase Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 for my little cousins from CD Keys and then give them the code to download on their XBox One.

So I am hoping that it will work and they will be able to download all 8 episodes without issues.

Edited by DysectorZA

13 hours ago, snarl14 said:

You are able to download and also purchase the extra DLC for the game if you have the physical copy and just obtained the regular season pass edition! I just did it and confirm it works. 

Thats good to know! So the physical editions still work, even when you have to download stuff from the store. Im gonna look for physical copy then but they seem quite expensive atm.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:41 PM, DysectorZA said:

Thank you for the feedback. Which game was delisted?

So you bought a digital code from some online store and even though the game was no longer available for purchase on the Sony PSN store, you could still redeem the code and the game downloaded without issues?

I want to purchase Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 for my little cousins from CD Keys and then give them the code to download on their XBox One.

So I am hoping that it will work and they will be able to download all 8 episodes without issues.

The game is called Asphalt Injection. I bought it a few months ago when the news came out that Sony was going to stop selling codes to 3rd party retailers.

However, now that I am looking back at this thread, it says:

"There has been a leaked memo from GameStop. This memo was sent by Sony, announcing that they will stop distributing digital download codes for FULL GAMES to retailers, starting by April 1st. From this date, only digital full games will be purchable directly via PS Store!

Not only that, Sony will disable ALL remaining codes left in retailers’ system! This may potentially invalid all remaining PS3, PS Vita and PS4 game codes, including delisted games from PS Store, now only accessible via those codes!"

That April 1st date could mean what I said is no longer true.

38 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

The game is called Asphalt Injection. I bought it a few months ago when the news came out that Sony was going to stop selling codes to 3rd party retailers.

However, now that I am looking back at this thread, it says:

"There has been a leaked memo from GameStop. This memo was sent by Sony, announcing that they will stop distributing digital download codes for FULL GAMES to retailers, starting by April 1st. From this date, only digital full games will be purchable directly via PS Store!

Not only that, Sony will disable ALL remaining codes left in retailers’ system! This may potentially invalid all remaining PS3, PS Vita and PS4 game codes, including delisted games from PS Store, now only accessible via those codes!"

That April 1st date could mean what I said is no longer true.

Thank you. I wonder if this also applies to the Microsoft store as well?

Well I'm waiting to hear back from my little cousins if they still want Minecraft Story Mode and then I will buy the XBox One code from CDKeys and see if the code still works and the episodes download.

If they don't, well then I guess I've wasted my money, as CDKeys said that cannot refund me if the code does not work properly.

I'll report back once I've tried this.

1 minute ago, DysectorZA said:

Thank you. I wonder if this also applies to the Microsoft store as well?

Well I'm waiting to hear back from my little cousins if they still want Minecraft Story Mode and then I will buy the XBox One code from CDKeys and see if the code still works and the episodes download.

If they don't, well then I guess I've wasted my money, as CDKeys said that cannot refund me if the code does not work properly.

I'll report back once I've tried this.

I'm not overly informed about things on the Xbox side but I haven't seen any news reports about Microsoft stopping third party retailers from selling game codes. That is the only problem here. Before April 1st a Minecraft: Story Mode game code purchased through a 3rd party retailer would have worked on the PlayStation Store. I'm sure of it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the season pass (ep1-5) a long time ago, also bought the adventure pass later on (ep6-8).I bought everything from the european ps store. However, im only able to download episode 1-6, ep 7-8 is greyed out and says "unavailable" for me. Haven't gotten any trophies for the game, but want to do this game since I bought the second game aswell. Not gonna touch any of them if I can't 100% the first one, care to much about completion

Edited by sssande93
  • Like 1

@Sssande93

You should contact Sony support and tell them that content you bought is no longer downloadable.

This seems to be an issue because:

I where still able to download some of the delisted Telltale games through PSN today (like GoT, ToB) and had no issues downloading these games (EU store, German branch).

And if nothing helps and you like to play you just have to take the bitter pill and search for a used complete\\full season disk.

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiZGh0dHBzOi8vZ29uaW50ZW5kby5jb20vc3Rvcmllcy8zMzY2NTAtbWluZWNyYWZ0LXN0b3J5LW1vZGUtc3VwcG9ydC1lbmRpbmctanVuZS0yNXRoLTIwMTktbWFrZS1zdXJlLXTSAQA?hl=en-IE&gl=IE&ceid=IE%3Aen

Not looking good...

Same will happen with the *retail* copies, too

The all digital future continues to look promising, alright. Promising to make sure game preservation goes extinct. >:(

Edited by Dark771

On 6/1/2019 at 1:19 AM, sssande93 said:

Bought the season pass (ep1-5) a long time ago, also bought the adventure pass later on (ep6-8).I bought everything from the european ps store. However, im only able to download episode 1-6, ep 7-8 is greyed out and says "unavailable" for me. Haven't gotten any trophies for the game, but want to do this game since I bought the second game aswell. Not gonna touch any of them if I can't 100% the first one, care to much about completion

This is what I'm afraid of with a digital CDKey code as well. I'm guessing it will be the same?

4 hours ago, Dark771 said:

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiZGh0dHBzOi8vZ29uaW50ZW5kby5jb20vc3Rvcmllcy8zMzY2NTAtbWluZWNyYWZ0LXN0b3J5LW1vZGUtc3VwcG9ydC1lbmRpbmctanVuZS0yNXRoLTIwMTktbWFrZS1zdXJlLXTSAQA?hl=en-IE&gl=IE&ceid=IE%3Aen

Not looking good...

Same will happen with the *retail* copies, too

The all digital future continues to look promising, alright. Promising to make sure game preservation goes extinct. >:(

With all the debate around whether the physical pass copies will still be valid to download, this article is a good indicator of the way its heading.

To test it out, I was still able to download all episodes of story mode 2 from the disc version last week, even though they have been removed from the store.  I think I'm going to do this will all the season pass discs now after reading that article. I have to say its pretty disappointing that this is how gaming is now - download the game before its gone forever even if you have paid for it. This is why I will always buy physical and only digital if a physical is never released if I really want to play it. I may miss out on a lot of great games but I don't care if the support isn't there.

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/important-minecraft--story-mode-information?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Just a heads up everyone, the service will be discontinued on the 25th June so make sure to download any episodes before then. Though I only seem to be able to download from my disc rather than the store.

edit: Whoops didn’t notice the thread was updated. :)

Edited by Charizarzar

2 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/important-minecraft--story-mode-information?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Just a heads up everyone, the service will be discontinued on the 25th June so make sure to download any episodes before then. Though I only seem to be able to download from my disc rather than the store.

I think this applies to disc versions aswell since i bought both season 1 and 2 on disc and season 2 still had to download episode 2 -5 from the ps store

On 1.6.2019 at 1:19 AM, sssande93 said:

I have the same problem - bought the Season Pass Deluxe (Episode 1-8) some time ago, but can only actually download Episode 1-6. I've been writing emails back and forth with the Sony support for a week, but so far nothing really useful has come around.

• Like 1