Season & Adventure Pass not available on EU store?

Cyvnyde

On 2.6.2019 at 8:22 PM, NoraSilberreif said:

I have the same problem - bought the Season Pass Deluxe (Episode 1-8) some time ago, but can only actually download Episode 1-6. I've been writing emails back and forth with the Sony support for a week, but so far nothing really useful has come around.

I've done the same nothing really useful has come around here either, hopefully they're trying to sort things out. Let me know if the situation get sorted out for u

• Like 1

On 05/05/2019 at 10:50 AM, Cyvnyde said:

@DysectorZA I discovered there's a Complete Adventure version (see link) and in the description, it says all Episodes (1-8) are on the disc. I have just ordered a copy so will test this and let you know over the next week or two, if no one else comes back or knows the answer before then.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Minecraft-Story-Mode-Complete-Adventure/dp/B01LX41RC6/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2YNUPQY3938MJ&keywords=minecraft+story+mode+complete+adventure+ps4&qid=1557045086&s=gateway&sprefix=minecraft+story+mode+complete+%2Caps%2C148&sr=8-1

Any update? I'm on the fence to buy the physical edition but ONLY if all game data is on the disc, even the DLC episodes.

Out of curiosity after reading the comments about Eps 7-8 not downloading, I tried downloading all episodes again and they have all installed without issue.

I don't think after June 25th our licenses will be revoked. It will just be pulled from the storefront. I refuse to believe it because there is no precedent for it. The only example I can point to is P.T. but that was a free demo. Nobody paid any money, so nobody really had any grounds to complain. I have many delisted games in my library and I can download any of them, including other Telltale games.

I also bought Season Pass with all 1-8 episodes included but can only download 1-6, for 7 and 8 it says not available for purchase, but above that it is written FREE - with no option to download.

Can someone advise if episodes 7 and 8 can be accessed from the in-game menu, if there is any? Obviously I did not started the game yet hence my question.

22 hours ago, Radebe78 said:

I also bought Season Pass with all 1-8 episodes included but can only download 1-6, for 7 and 8 it says not available for purchase, but above that it is written FREE - with no option to download.

Can someone advise if episodes 7 and 8 can be accessed from the in-game menu, if there is any? Obviously I did not started the game yet hence my question.

PSN support has advised me to initiate rebuild database on my ps4 and then login and restore licenses. 

What do you think, will it work, has anyone tried it already? 

@Radebe78  "Restore licenses" could be an option for you. Tried the digital avaiable episode one of MSM S1 some days ago and where not able to buy the season pass or the other episodes because the PSN page the game forwards you to was always blank and without any option like download or purchase... or i simply got an error and no page was shown.

----

The best way os just to buy the Complete Adventure on Disc!

I have the EU Disc (German version with USK6 and Pegi 12) from Minecraft Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series - The Complete Adventure in my possession and just inserted it again for you in a console where it was not installed before: I start the game >> DLC is checked >> Switch to the episode view >> The screen immediately shows that the Season Pass and all chapters are paid and installed. There is also nothing to download! I didn't have to download anything from Playstation either ==> It also wouldn´t make any sense because on the disc and the sleeve is written "Includes Episodes 1-8" and nothing like "Only episode 1 is included, others need to be downloaded.

Coverart of german (USK) version! >> Disc with USK 6 and Pegi 12 logo.

Front: https://images.app.goo.gl/xZng6wGWx9yK7EoT6

Back:https://images.app.goo.gl/PAfuHLwMu7STp38k9

Disc: https://images.app.goo.gl/hV1CwnziDtjuqg3W9

If the Disc does not work in the same way for you as it does for me check if your disc and case look exactly like this.

It may also be that your disc does not match the region of your PSN account you are currently using, e.g. non EU PSN account but EU Disc or vice versa.

Edited by Geridian
More information.

40 minutes ago, Geridian said:

@Radebe78 I think you're using the wrong disc. Why? I have the EU Disc (German version with USK6 and Pegi 12) from Minecraft Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series - The Complete Adventure in my possession and just inserted it again for you in a console where it was not installed before: I start the game >> DLC is checked >> Switch to the episode view >> The screen immediately shows that the Season Pass and all chapters are paid and installed. There is also nothing to download! I didn't have to download anything from Playstation either ==> It also wouldn´t make any sense because on the disc and the sleeve is written "Includes Episodes 1-8" and nothing like "Only episode 1 is included, others need to be downloaded.

Coverart of german (USK) version! >> Disc with USK 6 and Pegi 12 logo.

Front: https://images.app.goo.gl/xZng6wGWx9yK7EoT6

Back:https://images.app.goo.gl/PAfuHLwMu7STp38k9

Disc: https://images.app.goo.gl/hV1CwnziDtjuqg3W9

Check if your disc and case look exactly like this.

It may also be that your disc does not match the region of your PSN account you are currently using, e.g. non EU PSN account but EU Disc or vice versa.

Thanks for your reply but maybe I did not make myself clear enough. I do not have disc version - I have digital game bought from PSN store with Season Pass.

Originally game had only 5 episodes, and after completing them platinum were awarded to you. After that, sleazy move with releasing episodes 6, 7 and 8. These 3 additional episodes were covered under Adventure Pass, meaning you buy this adventure pass and get access to these additional episodes. 

Season Pass included this Adventure Pass, and it was more expensive (logically). Now I can access episodes 1-6 and cannot to 7 and 8. PSN store says that is because I do not have Adventure Pass, and that is true. But I have Season Pass which is higher instance and should cover for all episodes. On top of all that, the biggest mystery is why I can access episode 6 but not last two which are connected to Adventure Pass.

@Radebe78 I edited my comment already afther i thought about your post again:

"Restore licenses" could be an option for you. But: I tried the digital avaiable episode one of MSM S1 some days ago and where not able to buy the season pass or the other episodes because the PSN page the game forwards you to was always blank and without any option like download or purchase... or i simply got an error and no page was shown.

--

But this information seems to be false:

Season Pass included this Adventure Pass, and it was more expensive (logically).

Why?

Because of this:

Episodes 6-8 are not in the Season Pass, (Episodes 1-5). Players have to buy the Adventure Pass to get Episodes 6-8.

Source: https://minecraftstorymode.fandom.com/wiki/Adventure_Pass

• Seems to be that no Advanture Pass = No Episodes 7-8.
  • It is understandable that the Adventure Pass is cheaper than the Season Pass because the Adventure Pass contains only 3 episodes instead of 5.
Edited by Geridian

39 minutes ago, Geridian said:

@Radebe78 I edited my comment already afther i thought about your post again:

--

But this information seems to be false:

Why?

Because of this:

Source: https://minecraftstorymode.fandom.com/wiki/Adventure_Pass

• Seems to be that no Advanture Pass = No Episodes 7-8.
  • It is understandable that the Adventure Pass is cheaper than the Season Pass because the Adventure Pass contains only 3 episodes instead of 5.

Ok, if that is the case (Season Pass does not include Adventure Pass) - then I bought Deluxe edition which had all of that. Since I am 100% sure that the thing I paid for had ALL of the episodes. ALL! Unfortunately I have deleted email from Sony from my inbox but purchase date was 06th September 2017. 

How can you explain that episode 6 is available to me but not 7 and 8, since Adventure Pass is covering for 6, 7 and 8? I am convinced that something has bugged out on psn store when they removed season pass, adventure pass and deluxe edition. I do not really understand what is the point of giving the consumers/players time do download the products they have paid for until some deadline when they will delist any content from Sony psn store, and then remove some shit from store that is preventing you to do get your game fully downloaded.

@Radebe78Ok... Wiki says this:

The Season Pass Deluxe is a purchasable pass which allows the Player to access almost all of the episodes in Minecraft: Story Mode, "Assembly Required" through "A Journey's End?" (excluding "The Order of the Stone").

Source: https://minecraftstorymode.fandom.com/wiki/Season_Pass_Deluxe

So only episode 1 is not included.. but this does not seem to be important in your case because everyone can download episode 1 for free.

Ok, if that is the case (Season Pass does not include Adventure Pass) - then I bought Deluxe edition which had all of that. Since I am 100% sure that the thing I paid for had ALL of the episodes. ALL!

Being sure about something is not the same as really knowing it. But that episode 7 and 8 are not downloadable but 6 is makes no sense either.

Unfortunately I have deleted email from Sony from my inbox but purchase date was 06th September 2017. 

Thats really bad because this would be hard evidence for what you have bought exactly.

How can you explain that episode 6 is available to me but not 7 and 8, since Adventure Pass is covering for 6, 7 and 8?

It seems that you are not the only PS4 player with such problems. Comment from the wiki where somebody wrote this on May 26,2017 >> I bought this for my Ps4 last night, but all it let me download was episodes, 3, 4, 6, and 7. Really?!

.. So this seems to be nothing new .. But no solution is provided either.

==> So i would ask Sony support again because something seems to be wrong in your case.

- However, I believe that if episodes 7 and 8 are not available via the game itself, the Playstation Store or your games library in the XMB, the cause is delisting. The support won't be able to change anything directly.

Wish you luck :)

• Like 1

On 20/06/2019 at 11:20 AM, Geridian said:

@Radebe78Ok... Wiki says this:

Source: https://minecraftstorymode.fandom.com/wiki/Season_Pass_Deluxe

So only episode 1 is not included.. but this does not seem to be important in your case because everyone can download episode 1 for free.

Being sure about something is not the same as really knowing it. But that episode 7 and 8 are not downloadable but 6 is makes no sense either.

Thats really bad because this would be hard evidence for what you have bought exactly.

It seems that you are not the only PS4 player with such problems. Comment from the wiki where somebody wrote this on May 26,2017 >> I bought this for my Ps4 last night, but all it let me download was episodes, 3, 4, 6, and 7. Really?!

.. So this seems to be nothing new .. But no solution is provided either.

==> So i would ask Sony support again because something seems to be wrong in your case.

- However, I believe that if episodes 7 and 8 are not available via the game itself, the Playstation Store or your games library in the XMB, the cause is delisting. The support won't be able to change anything directly.

Wish you luck :)

Just to advise you and everybody else, my problem got solved yesterday. After approx. 10 days of going back and forth via emails to PSN support, finally something was done from their side and I got an opportunity to download episodes 7 and 8. Support was initially sending general replies and some simple solutions which did not helped at all, even repeating the same responses over and over. 

I have sent them at least 1 email per day, trying to explain the situation, sent them pictures to substantiate the issue and reason with them, finally they have decided that this problem is above their capabilities and they transferred my matter to Handling Team. The next day problem was resolved.

So it is possible to help us out, only you must be persistent and coming from the correct point of view. Truth to be told, I don`t give a $hit about Minecraft (I will play it eventually) but do not want to be jerk around for my money, especially when I already spent hundreds of euros for games and ps plus.

Cheers!  

On 8.6.2019 at 7:36 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

I don't think after June 25th our licenses will be revoked. It will just be pulled from the storefront. I refuse to believe it because there is no precedent for it. The only example I can point to is P.T. but that was a free demo. Nobody paid any money, so nobody really had any grounds to complain. I have many delisted games in my library and I can download any of them, including other Telltale games.

There are other examples, ones that comes to mind is Too Human for the 360, and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World....

7 hours ago, StubbsDK said:

There are other examples, ones that comes to mind is Too Human for the 360, and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World....

I don't know enough about Xbox to comment on there systems but is that really true for Scott Pilgrim? I never owned the game so I can't speak from experience but this comment from late last year indicates you still can.

9 hours ago, Radebe78 said:

Just to advise you and everybody else, my problem got solved yesterday. After approx. 10 days of going back and forth via emails to PSN support, finally something was done from their side and I got an opportunity to download episodes 7 and 8. Support was initially sending general replies and some simple solutions which did not helped at all, even repeating the same responses over and over. 

I have sent them at least 1 email per day, trying to explain the situation, sent them pictures to substantiate the issue and reason with them, finally they have decided that this problem is above their capabilities and they transferred my matter to Handling Team. The next day problem was resolved.

So it is possible to help us out, only you must be persistent and coming from the correct point of view. Truth to be told, I don`t give a $hit about Minecraft (I will play it eventually) but do not want to be jerk around for my money, especially when I already spent hundreds of euros for games and ps plus.

Cheers!  

How was is resolved? Or are you not sure?

1 hour ago, Alos88 said:

From what I understand, as long as you have the disc you can still download the episodes even now. Can anyone confirm this? And is it also true of the dlc episodes? I'm considering renting the game.

Yes. You can.

For reference see those threads on PSN profiles:

On 27/6/2019 at 7:30 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

I don't know enough about Xbox to comment on there systems but is that really true for Scott Pilgrim? I never owned the game so I can't speak from experience but this comment from late last year indicates you still can.

Huh, that’s odd, because I owned it on my 360, and I’m unable to download it again....?

On 27/6/2019 at 10:45 AM, StubbsDK said:

Wait, what? It was offered for free just a couple of weeks ago.

This is the first time i've heard that thing about Scott Pilgrim. Maybe you're just out of luck.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Wait, what? It was offered for free just a couple of weeks ago.

This is the first time i've heard that thing about Scott Pilgrim. Maybe you're just out of luck.

That is kinda weird, I just saw that too! But, because of the lawsuit with Epic games back in the day, they were forced to recall all physical copies, and remove it from the xbox servers! Just read up on it a bit, and it seems that Microsoft re-released it on the store, themselves in june of this year, but Silicon Knights were still forced to remove it completely back in the day, though!