Cyvnyde

Season & Adventure Pass not available on EU store?

71 posts in this topic

I didn't read this thread until today and I didn't/don't understand about the licenses being revoked on 6/25.  I was in the middle of Ep 4, had 1-8 installed on the Adventure Pass.  Went to play last night, and it wouldn't load past the title screen.  Just the square "loading" box in the right corner for 20 min.  I've tried playing offline; I've tried reinstalling (I think I screwed myself if I won't be able to reinstall 6-8); I've tried backing up and erasing my save file.  No matter what I do, the game won't start past the title screen.  My other TT games are still working.  Can anyone explain this to me, as if I were a five year old? ))

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, RyanK100k said:

I didn't read this thread until today and I didn't/don't understand about the licenses being revoked on 6/25.  I was in the middle of Ep 4, had 1-8 installed on the Adventure Pass.  Went to play last night, and it wouldn't load past the title screen.  Just the square "loading" box in the right corner for 20 min.  I've tried playing offline; I've tried reinstalling (I think I screwed myself if I won't be able to reinstall 6-8); I've tried backing up and erasing my save file.  No matter what I do, the game won't start past the title screen.  My other TT games are still working.  Can anyone explain this to me, as if I were a five year old? ))

 

It's probably a coincidence and your save file has just corrupted. Other people have earned trophies in the past day. Upload your save file to the cloud in case I'm wrong, then delete it on your system, create a new one and play through Ep. 4 from the beginning again.

 

Edit. I take that back. I just booted it up to check out of curiosity and it is doing the same for me.

Edited by DaikichiKawachi
Correction
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RyanK100k said:

I didn't read this thread until today and I didn't/don't understand about the licenses being revoked on 6/25.  I was in the middle of Ep 4, had 1-8 installed on the Adventure Pass.  Went to play last night, and it wouldn't load past the title screen.  Just the square "loading" box in the right corner for 20 min.  I've tried playing offline; I've tried reinstalling (I think I screwed myself if I won't be able to reinstall 6-8); I've tried backing up and erasing my save file.  No matter what I do, the game won't start past the title screen.  My other TT games are still working.  Can anyone explain this to me, as if I were a five year old? ))

 

14 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

 

It's probably a coincidence and your save file has just corrupted. Other people have earned trophies in the past day. Upload your save file to the cloud in case I'm wrong, then delete it on your system, create a new one and play through Ep. 4 from the beginning again.

 

Edit. I take that back. I just booted it up to check out of curiosity and it is doing the same for me.

I'm having the same problem here. I'd actually finished episode 4 and gotten all the missable trophies; some hours later on the same day I tried to load the game and it wouldn't load past the title screen.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

 

It's probably a coincidence and your save file has just corrupted. Other people have earned trophies in the past day. Upload your save file to the cloud in case I'm wrong, then delete it on your system, create a new one and play through Ep. 4 from the beginning again.

 

Edit. I take that back. I just booted it up to check out of curiosity and it is doing the same for me.

What happens if you just redownload your save?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, StubbsDK said:

What happens if you just redownload your save?

I tried that and it's still not loading.

This is pretty concerning, to say the least. These clowns told us to download the game so that we wouldn't lose it and now we cannot even play the game anymore?

Edited by maxstirner_2015
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had yesterday the same problem, i went offline, deleted my save and could play (I tried many different methods, no helps, except this one)

 

You can try it with another profile. I had the problem: I was online, started the game on the main profile, I had the infinite loading screen, same for the 2nd account (no save before), then I went off and used account 3 and there it worked

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, T-100 said:

I had yesterday the same problem, i went offline, deleted my save and could play (I tried many different methods, no helps, except this one)

 

You can try it with another profile. I had the problem: I was online, started the game on the main profile, I had the infinite loading screen, same for the 2nd account (no save before), then I went off and used account 3 and there it worked

I'll try that right away. Thanks for the hint 😁

Edited by maxstirner_2015
It worked here. Thanks a lot man :D
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, maxstirner_2015 said:

I tried that and it's still not loading.

This is pretty concerning, to say the least. These clowns told us to download the game so that we wouldn't lose it and now we cannot even play the game anymore?

I have the digital version as well.  I wonder if ppl with the disc copy are still able to play?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019 at 2:45 AM, StubbsDK said:

There are other examples, ones that comes to mind is Too Human for the 360, and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World....

 

 

I DL'ed Scott Pilgrim on my ps3 on June 2nd, so that still works just fine. I'm pretty sure Too Human will still DL as well, it does on the XB1 anyway. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like i said a couple of days ago, Too Human was offered for free, so it's normal that it still works...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4.7.2019 at 9:03 PM, RyanK100k said:

I have the digital version as well.  I wonder if ppl with the disc copy are still able to play?

Just read my topic here, everything important regarding to your question is in there:

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/07/2019 at 1:11 AM, RyanK100k said:

I didn't read this thread until today and I didn't/don't understand about the licenses being revoked on 6/25.  I was in the middle of Ep 4, had 1-8 installed on the Adventure Pass.  Went to play last night, and it wouldn't load past the title screen.  Just the square "loading" box in the right corner for 20 min.  I've tried playing offline; I've tried reinstalling (I think I screwed myself if I won't be able to reinstall 6-8); I've tried backing up and erasing my save file.  No matter what I do, the game won't start past the title screen.  My other TT games are still working.  Can anyone explain this to me, as if I were a five year old? ))

 

Hey everyone, I've found a way around this BUT it isn't fun, basically you have to play to the end of the episode (get the gold), then remove your save file, then load up the next episode, this has worked for me, and if you look at my trophies, this is exactly what I've done.

 

Hope that helps!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6.7.2019 at 6:18 AM, Floorkiller74 said:

 

 

I DL'ed Scott Pilgrim on my ps3 on June 2nd, so that still works just fine. I'm pretty sure Too Human will still DL as well, it does on the XB1 anyway. 

I wrote earlier that MS re-released it this year, but up until then, it had been removed.. I don't know why, but I can't see my Scott Pilgrim license on my Xbox anymore, so that's kinda weird....!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Feel lucky. I had Minecraft Story in my Steam Library and now it's been removed. I went ahead and installed most my other telltale games (like Back to the Future) on my Harddrive so the same doesn't happen to them. That's $20 down the drain.

Edited by Fragtaster
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fragtaster said:

Feel lucky. I had Minecraft Story in my Steam Library and now it's been removed. I went ahead and installed most my other telltale games (like Back to the Future) on my Harddrive so the same doesn't happen to them. That's $20 down the drain.

 

... really? So it happened. It is a dangerous precedent. I still don't understand why it's so "special" compared to other delisted licensed games.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fragtaster said:

Feel lucky. I had Minecraft Story in my Steam Library and now it's been removed. I went ahead and installed most my other telltale games (like Back to the Future) on my Harddrive so the same doesn't happen to them. That's $20 down the drain.

 

 

Minecraft Story Mode is still in my steam library (Not Downloaded) Download starts no problem.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

 

 

Minecraft Story Mode is still in my steam library (Not Downloaded) Download starts no problem.

 

You are lucky my friend. Oh well. I had already beaten it on PS3. Once I noticed it was missing from my library I went ahead and downloaded every other telltale game I owned onto my hard drive just in case (which was all of them because I had bought that massive franchise pack from them late last year).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fragtaster said:

 

You are lucky my friend. Oh well. I had already beaten it on PS3. Once I noticed it was missing from my library I went ahead and downloaded every other telltale game I owned onto my hard drive just in case (which was all of them because I had bought that massive franchise pack from them late last year).

 

 

Are you sure you owned it on Steam? I can't see it being removed for you but still there for me....I don't think I've ever heard of games being removed from Steam accounts before either (unless it was obtained illegitimately I guess.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

 

 

Are you sure you owned it on Steam? I can't see it being removed for you but still there for me....I don't think I've ever heard of games being removed from Steam accounts before either (unless it was obtained illegitimately I guess.)

 

All my games are bought legit (mostly during Summer and Winter Sales). Although I do occasionally use Greenman and G2A (not all games on there are stolen) if a new AAA game comes out and I really want it 'day one'. However I got Minecraft Story when I bought the Telltales Franchise Pack. You can check my game list on steam - I have literally every other telltales game (minus of the Walking Dead: A New Frontier & Walking Dead: Final Season, which came out after the franchise pack). I even have the rarer ones like all the Sam & Max, Puzzle Agent, Hector and Poker Night titles.

 

It's the only game I've ever owned that's gone missing (I still have Fable III, which is the rarest game ever released on steam). Based on what others have said to me in private, I'm guessing its just my steam account. I'm not even sure when it went missing; only that I owned it last year, and that a few months back I read about Mojang planning on removing Minecraft Story from Steam and GOG, and that around that point in time my copy was already gone from my library.

 

So it probably wasn't Telltales or Mojang at that early in time, but rather something steam has done to my account by accident. This doesn't surprise me as the odd game has occasionally been added, and others taken way from me before; as in 2016 my account got accessed several times during the Winter Sale, when steam got massively hacked, and it's been slightly weird since.

 

But from what I understand, people like you will lose you're copy too unless you have backed it up. Atleast that is what Mojang and Gameinformer said last time I checked (read if you don't believe me):

 

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/important-minecraft--story-mode-information

 

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/06/01/minecraft-story-mode-being-delisted-later-this-month

 

 

So unless something has changed since then, I'm probably not going to bother contacting steam about this one....

 

 

Edited by Fragtaster
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fragtaster said:

 

All my games are bought legit (mostly during Summer and Winter Sales). Although I do occasionally use Greenman and G2A (not all games on there are stolen) if a new AAA game comes out and I really want it 'day one'. However I got Minecraft Story when I bought the Telltales Franchise Pack. You can check my game list on steam - I have literally every other telltales game (minus of the Walking Dead: A New Frontier & Walking Dead: Final Season, which came out after the franchise pack). I even have the rarer ones like all the Sam & Max, Puzzle Agent, Hector and Poker Night titles.

 

It's the only game I've ever owned that's gone missing (I still have Fable III, which is the rarest game ever released on steam). Based on what others have said to me in private, I'm guessing its just my steam account. I'm not even sure when it went missing; only that I owned it last year, and that a few months back I read about Mojang planning on removing Minecraft Story from Steam and GOG, and that around that point in time my copy was already gone from my library.

 

So it probably wasn't Telltales or Mojang at that early in time, but rather something steam has done to my account by accident. This doesn't surprise me as the odd game has occasionally been added, and others taken way from me before; as in 2016 my account got accessed several times during the Winter Sale, when steam got massively hacked, and it's been slightly weird since.

 

But from what I understand, people like you will lose you're copy too unless you have backed it up. Atleast that is what Mojang and Gameinformer said last time I checked (read if you don't believe me):

 

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/important-minecraft--story-mode-information

 

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/06/01/minecraft-story-mode-being-delisted-later-this-month

 

 

So unless something has changed since then, I'm probably not going to bother contacting steam about this one....

 

 

I'm aware of the possibility the games will be undownloadable. Hasn't happened yet though. I actually haven't downloaded it because my PC is too old to ply the game...sad, I know. I must have got it in a bundle, because I wouldn't have purchased it alone. 

 

FYI Fable 3 isn't rare. You can still get game codes on Amazon (That will redeem though steam)...the DLC is another story though.

 

https://www.amazon.com/Fable-III-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00AR03O8I/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fable%2B3%2Bpc&qid=1562912526&s=gateway&sr=8-1&th=1

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

 

 

I'm aware of the possibility the games will be undownloadable. Hasn't happened yet though. I actually haven't downloaded it because my PC is too old to ply the game...sad, I know. I must have got it in a bundle, because I wouldn't have purchased it alone. 

 

FYI Fable 3 isn't rare. You can still get game codes on Amazon (That will redeem though steam)...the DLC is another story though.

 

https://www.amazon.com/Fable-III-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00AR03O8I/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=fable%2B3%2Bpc&qid=1562912526&s=gateway&sr=8-1&th=1

 

 

 

Actually when I bought my copy it WAS the rarest steam game.

 

Back in early 2014 after steam had delisted it a few months prior. and everyone and their mother had apparently freaked out and bought up every available Key known to man. There were no keys I could find online at that time (even eBay and amazon), and the only single key was on G2A and was around $130 (I remember this because it was both a low point in my life, and the most I ever spent on a key). I'm sad to say, that's the one I bought.

 

I'm actually shocked to see keys are now everywhere (when did this happen?). Someone must have found a bunch of unused codes in recent years and is flooding them into the marketplace (it happens). I guess regular Fable III isn't so rare anymore; man I wish I had bought it at todays prices...

 

Regardless: my copy is Fable III: Complete Edition. So that apparently is still rare, as I don't see anyone selling that right now. My version has all the DLC with it.

Edited by Fragtaster
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.