Problem with PS4 Pro

snakebit10

1 minute ago, Born2BeTribal said:

i had that issue but i did what i told you but it fixed mine mine isnt even a year old yet

I've tried it selveral times. Mine was a year old on April 20th.

Like I mentioned. I ordered a new power cord so I am hoping that fixes it. If not I will just have to play PS3 until I can come up with funds to get a new PS4.

23 minutes ago, mackenzie129 said:

hdds are super cheap like you can buy a 2 tb for under $100

Seagate FireCuda Gaming SSHD 2TB  $89.99

Want a bit more speed use that

Seagate BarraCuda Pro ST1000LM049 1TB 7200 RPM $59.99

Want a Replacement drive Then use this one

The Firecuda is a great choice. I'm using the 2TB and it's been performing flawlessly for the last 3yrs 

• Like 2

The following fact I know first hand:

If the Harddrive is faulty then the PS4 Pro will flash the blue light for some time and you will see the recovery menu on your TV which is telling you that the Harddrive is faulty.

==>  I assume that your PS4 Pro goes off after blue light flashes one time? If so then the Harddrive is not the issue!

I think that something in the power supply is faulty: Console goes on >> Registers internal failure >> shutdown to prevent other failures. Most electric devices do this the same way.

3 minutes ago, Geridian said:

If the Harddrive is faulty then the PS4 Pro will flash the blue light for some time and you will see the recovery menu on your TV which is telling you that the Harddrive is faulty.

==>  I assume that your PS4 Pro goes off after blue light flashes one time? If so then the Harddrive is not the issue!

I think that something in the power supply is faulty: Console goes on >> Registers internal failure >> shutdown to prevent other failures. Most electric devices do this the same way.

I agree. Not hdd at all. I think if it did take a hit from the storm one of the capacitors might had blew. If thats the case just get a new power supply, they run for about 30-50dollars though. Opening it up is really the best. If it out of warranty and all. Opening up the first layer already gives u acces to the powersupply, all he has to do is unplug the psu and look if theres any burn on the board.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

1 minute ago, Geridian said:

You are right. The light blinks once and the system shuts right off. It don't have time to display anything on screen. I am thinking it is in the power supply or cord. 

Just now, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I agree. Not hdd at all. I think if it did tok a hit from teh storm one of the capacitors might had blew. If thats the case just get a new power supply, they run for about 30-50dollars though.

If the cord I ordered don't fix it I will look into getting a new supply. That is more affordable for me right now than a new hdd.

Hey Snake, do you have a hdd just sittting around to test the hdd theory?

Though I highly doubt its that.

I know this sounds silly maybe, but have you tried plugging it in another wall outlet in the house? I know you said your Tv works though and other appliances too I assume, but do you have a multimeter? to measure voltage.

Maybe it could be "dirty power".

2 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I know this sounds silly maybe, but have you tried plugging it in another wall outlet in the house? I know you said your Tv works though and other appliances too I assume, but do you have a multimeter? to measure voltage.

Maybe it could be "dirty power".

Yeah  I tried it in the kitchen. only think I haven't tried is hooking it up to the TV in the bedroom. I've doubted it would work.

Couldnt you try using the Ps3 power cable since u have a Ps3? or are the cables completely different with Ps4 Pro.

1 minute ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Couldnt you try using the Ps3 power cable since u have a Ps3? or are the cables completely different with Ps4 Pro.

The cables are different for the PS3 and the PS4 pro. Already thought of that.

2 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

The cables are different for the PS3 and the PS4 pro. Already thought of that.

Ah ok. Just looked it up it uses the big 3 prong AC adapter kind like the Phat Ps3, That's too bad.

• 3 weeks later...