Online Grind?

So I just got my last single player trophy and now i'm ready to hop back into multiplayer and I just wanted to ask is the grind to level up and get enough money to buy 5 camp improvements and own 5 horses still as bad as it was do you still need to buy micro transactions to finish it in a reasonable amount of time or have they fixed it.

I am currently about lvl 20 or 21 how long will it most likely take to get to 50 and buy everything else for the trophies?

(I do not have any of the pre order xp boosts)

Thanks for taking the time to read this  

Usually u should get enough money on your way to level 50. I just played Showdown (large) for straight 40 hours or something and could clean up everything else with the money and gold earned there. Sometimes there are little events from rockstar for making more money and gold, what comes in pretty handy for that, but you should have it without these events too.

Be aware, the multiplayer is one of the most boring grind i've every had in my life. Have fun ^^

For the 5 camp improvements you can just buy 5 different flag colours, whats pretty cheap... Most expensive are the stables for your horses.

• Like 3

Showdown Large gives way more XP. You get 20 XP per Kill. Just rush in with a shotgun, to get 20 Kills a match. 400XP + Bonus for finishing the mission ~200XP equals 600XP per match.

Gun Rush is only 200 - 300 XP if you survive a long time.

• Like 2

Not really, i got between 400 and 600 EXP in a Gun Rush Match, with a victory and full Lobby between 800 and 900 EXP. Large Showdown gave me much less EXP, between 150 and 300 EXP. And I've got the Platinum, I know what I am talking about.

33 minutes ago, Katzen147 said:

Showdown Large gives way more XP. You get 20 XP per Kill. Just rush in with a shotgun, to get 20 Kills a match. 400XP + Bonus for finishing the mission ~200XP equals 600XP per match.

Gun Rush is only 200 - 300 XP if you survive a long time.

By the way, you can change your Name now. You don't Need to live with this silly stupid Name. Give me a Like for my Hint.

• Like 2

On 7.5.2019 at 11:07 AM, Sega-Ryudo said:

Not really, i got between 400 and 600 EXP in a Gun Rush Match, with a victory and full Lobby between 800 and 900 EXP. Large Showdown gave me much less EXP, between 150 and 300 EXP. And I've got the Platinum, I know what I am talking about.

By the way, you can change your Name now. You don't Need to live with this silly stupid Name. Give me a Like for my Hint.

Well i got my platinum too... if you perform well in Showdown, Showdown gives more xp i guess. If you just want to chill, Gun Rush is a good option too.
Just a matter of which you are more into.

New Account Name is: xIRockyRock (this Forum account is blank).

This was hands down on of the most boring grind I've ever done in a game.

It requires a LOT of perseverance and determination.

I used the award xp glitch. But unfortunately they patched it

No matter what method you use. it will take you 40-50 hours of grinding.

And you will get bored quick.

Edited by ExquisiteSteez
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Sega-Ryudo said:

Where is my Like?

I already changed my PSN name when the function released... but PSN Profiles is having a hard time to change it too. I give a like, even though i already changed before you mentioned.
And i take the like back for calling my 9 year old wonderful account name stupid and silly. Feeling really sad now.

Awww... you know what.. take your like. I'm in a good mood, because i finished the worst and most boring game in history called RDR2.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Katzen147 said:

Awww... you know what.. take your like. I'm in a good mood, because i finished the worst and most boring game in history called RDR2.

The Game is great and one of the best Experiences in my Life. The Online Mode is terrible, I hope you just mean the Online-Mode. I hope it for you.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sega-Ryudo said:

The Game is great and one of the best Experiences in my Life. The Online Mode is terrible, I hope you just mean the Online-Mode. I hope it for you.

Story was ok... But i didn't have a good time playing this game even in Singe-Player because the controls were so bad and clunky. Just ruined my fun.

I guess if GTA 6 shows up with the same shitty control as RDR2 and GTA5, i will pass on this one.

Just hoping for good 3rd person controls on the next rockstar game. But i guess that won't happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sega-Ryudo said:

You had no fun with the best Videogame in the last years just because of some difficult controls? That sounds weird and seems to be a lie.

There are people out there who didn't enjoy rdr2 as others did. And yes the controls ruined the fun for me.

There are other aspects that lower my fun with this game too, but that would just kill this thread.
I accept your opinion for enjoying this "masterpiece", but i didn't like it.

Every gamer has his own preferences on games.

But at least we agree that the online mode was just a stupid waste of time ^^

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Katzen147 said:

There are people out there who didn't enjoy rdr2 as others did. And yes the controls ruined the fun for me.

There are other aspects that lower my fun with this game too, but that would just kill this thread.
I accept your opinion for enjoying this "masterpiece", but i didn't like it.

Every gamer has his own preferences on games.

But at least we agree that the online mode was just a stupid waste of time ^^

You don't like Red Dead Redemption 2 = You are no true Gamer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 2:33 AM, xIRockyRock said:

I already changed my PSN name when the function released... but PSN Profiles is having a hard time to change it too. I give a like, even though i already changed before you mentioned.
And i take the like back for calling my 9 year old wonderful account name stupid and silly. Feeling really sad now.

How dare you disrespect such a work of art.

On 5/14/2019 at 2:55 AM, thefourfoldroot said:

Such a shame that this has online grind trophies. It's easy to pick up cheap now (about £7 net at my local second hand games shop), but them forcing me to go online like this makes it an immediate no go.

What! NO! Don't avoid this game just because of the online, the Singleplayer's amazing!

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 1:16 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

It's just that removing the platinum takes away a big fun target in a game for me...

You see, you're looking at it wrong. Trophies shouldn't be the sole reason you play a game. They're meant to add the experience, but they aren't the core of the experience. Would you rather play a shitty game with easy trophies like My Name is Mayo or a masterpiece with hard trophies like RDR2?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

You see, you're looking at it wrong. Trophies shouldn't be the sole reason you play a game. They're meant to add the experience, but they aren't the core of the experience. Would you rather play a shitty game with easy trophies like My Name is Mayo or a masterpiece with hard trophies like RDR2?

Both because at their core video games are a novelty and a way to entertain yourself. I laughed my ass off for 40 mins playing MNIM, I was annoyed for hours redoing things in RDR because of meh controls and grinding, but that doesn't mean I hate Red Dead. I can spend 9 hours making Thanksgiving dinner or order and eat a pizza in 15 mins, both are enjoyable, the effort is subjective to the person doing it

29 minutes ago, DylanWhite86 said:

Both because at their core video games are a novelty and a way to entertain yourself. I laughed my ass off for 40 mins playing MNIM, I was annoyed for hours redoing things in RDR because of meh controls and grinding, but that doesn't mean I hate Red Dead. I can spend 9 hours making Thanksgiving dinner or order and eat a pizza in 15 mins, both are enjoyable, the effort is subjective to the person doing it

Yeah I agree but my point is that trophies shouldn't be the be-all end-all factor when it comes to playing a game or not. 

17 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I quite deliberately worded my statement. The platinum is a fun target. Taking it away removes that fun target, which is present in lots of other games. It is not the sole target, neither should it be, but it informs my decision on how much fun I may have with a game when I'm deciding on the next game to play. With so many games in my backlog, the grind of RDR2, and the fact the plat would not be fun...

Edited by thefourfoldroot