Collectables in multiple playthroughs?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 5/6/2019 at 1:28 AM, Silencer0004 said:

Just noticed that I missed a collectable at the beginning and now I'm not sure, wether I should play through the game and just get the missing one after finishing it or if I would have to get every single one again. 

On 5/24/2019 at 4:35 AM, rolltideroll157 said:

I believe you have to get them all on one playthrough but I’m not entirely sure. 

Collectibles are chapter specific. So play on and come back and replay Chapter 1 when you're done.

I think it’s so stupid Telltale Games stopped implementing chapter selection within episodes from season one of Batman onwards. Especially given the fourth and final season of Telltale’s The Walking Dead features missable collectibles and various miscellaneous trophies.

I’ve had this entry in my library for nearly two years but just haven’t got around to it because I don’t want to be heavily relying on any guides while playing through a narrative heavy game for the first time but (knowing when the next collectible and/or misc. trophy action is at the cost of being spoiled by the guide I’m using) but I not too comfortable with playing through blind and having to replay episodes from the start just to grab a several missing collectibles, some of which are at the very end of an episode (maximum story enjoyment at the cost of a collectible / misc. trophy clean-up that will be longer than it would be otherwise if only chapter selection was present) either.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1