The Pursuit of 100% Completion Profile

4 hours ago, CrestfallenV said:

I'm close to 100% completion (currently 98.24% with 106 unearned trophies across 6 games), but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do better than 99.9% due to the Doomsday Heist trophies in GTA V. At least the online is unlikely to go down for years so I've got plenty of time to practice those heists over and over again. :lol:

Good luck on getting 100% completion, MrTrofyHuntr. 

Don´t give up man! it is not as hard as it sounds with a good mixture of calmness/ aggressive play style where suitable and obviously good team mates :D

Regarding the OP: I am also in favor of having 100% completion across all games on a profile, since quality (a good mixture of non-rare and ultra-rare plats) and perfection (100% completion) is something that I consider more impressive than just a high amount of trophies.

Why? 

I think DLC trophies are most often much harder than the base game trophies, which I see as a challenge and personally, I do not mind challenges :)

• Like 1

I agree with 100% profiles not being necessarily impressive or worthwhile, depending on the reasons for maintaining one. 

Personally though, I aim at 100% completion ? But, I also promised myself that I won't shy away from a long or difficult game only to maintain my high completion percentage. I play what I'm interested in and then try to complete the game. So far, I've always managed, but if some day I find THE game that I cannot complete, so be it. ?

I only play up to 3-4 games at a time and have a rather small backlog, which is also why my number of plats is rather small compared to almost everybody else on this site. I've always been like this though, even before trophies were a thing. For example, I still have a tennis ellbow from getting all "Shiny Gold" medals in Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii back in 2011 ?

• Like 3

I also was lucky years ago when i started trophy hunting (after 3 years of not gaming entirely) that i had no trophies being unobtainable 

I had some 20ish games where i earned just a handful of trophies (some even with only 1) but played game per game to achieve 100% on all of them, took me close to 2 years really

But that payoff to see 100% completion, was nice

Nowadays i mostly just play 1 game at a time (or 1 per console), so i usually end up between 97-100%

Im very strict about the games i play though, only those that i can 100% & that i will enjoy (but since i tend to stay away from older games i havent really found a game being impossible to 100%)

3 hours ago, Reinachii- said:

100% is a nice goal, but as others mentioned, without any difficult plats it is not very impressive.

I was aiming for 100% too, until i played inFamous: Festival of blood... -.-

I just recently 100%ed FoB from scratch, so i wouldnt see why you cant? 

I'll always clean up multiplayer trophies 'just in case', but ultimately maintaining 100% is too much of a full time job. I'll set myself a current aim of 60% - small manageable goals and all that.

I am satisfied with my 80% completion. I can't ever reach 100% because of online-modes which are no longer available, but more important because I am not willing and/or able to do some trophies.

Seriously, there are such ridiculously challenges in some game like "grind something for 50 hours" or "play this insane challenge perfectly without getting hit on extreme" which I simply don't want to do.

Playing games and collecting trophies should be fun. A moderate grind for a nice platinum is OK, but I don't want to work for my games, that's what my job is for.

But I understand, that everybody wants something else from gaming. I have a friend who got the Smite Platinum trophy, which took him like 3 months of constant playing. Thats quite an achievement, but not one for me.

• Like 2

It's not like a profile is "special" or whatever because of having a 100% completion.

C'mon, you're free to choose what games you want to include there, there could be hard games, of course, but you wouldn't play them if you wasn't sure you can complete them, not to mention blank accounts are a thing, and some people just freaking play pretty much everything there and don't sync to their main until they have completed that game, being able to hide their failed ones...

I'd take a mid % with a bunch of really hardcore games over a standard 100% profile any day.

• Like 2

I made the mistake of worrying too much about my % when I started achievement hunting back on the ol' 360. Pretty much killed console gaming for me. Not making that mistake again. I have a personal goal of not going under 80%. Which is about the same level of effort I put into my real life, coincidentally (or not).

I'll never skip out on a game whether it's hard or easy, but at the same time, keeping my completion at 80% makes sure I don't slack off too much. Not sure if I'll ever plat Darkest Dungeon or RDR2, but I sure as shit am gonna play them. I also suck at fighting games but I have every intention of starting Skullgirls.

Another issue with going for 100%, which is probably the biggest issue for me personally, is that I would have to force myself to play games I don't enjoy anymore, just to complete them. There are far too many games, far too much real life shit and not nearly enough time to put up with that.

Everything in moderation (including moderation).

• Like 4

honestly i could never do a 100% profile as i played alot of games for like 5 minutes when i was younger now i just couldn't as some of the games i love are stupidly hard like stardew valley and fectors challenge which would ruin the love i have for the game. then there's stuff i play as i just enjoy it for the laughs like the sims 4 and i use cheats to just get millions of dollars and build entire death traps to see how long it'll take for a sim to die off.

• Like 2

A few days ago, I saw a dude who had 100% completion with like 5 or 6 games. But he also had up to a thousand hidden trophies. Imo that's too much, it makes the completion rate kinda ridiculous.

Just play what you want and don't avoid any game just in cause of unobtainable 100%'s. Nobody's going to blame you for your low completion rate. 

But it's still cool to have a goal like that, and I'd like to go for it too. Unfortunately, Black Ops 2 is unobtainable anymore :(

4 hours ago, DJ_AdruA said:

I just recently 100%ed FoB from scratch, so i wouldnt see why you cant? 

Its impossible to connect to ugc if your account is Japanese.. not really sure why that was implemented

Edited by Reinachii-

Good luck, once it's done you get use to it, but I was happy when I got there so I wish you the same.

Hiding trophies should'nt change your completion in my opinion... I know it's harsh for those who have some unobtainable trophies but everyone plays with the same rules...

I've hit 100% completion a few times, but obviously it comes and goes as I start new games. I've been playing Borderlands 2 with friends for a few months now so I haven't been at 100% in a while.

It's most important to me that my profile is filled with games that I want to play. I don't seek out games for their ultra rare trophies. So in that sense, to me a 100% profile filled with tough ultra rares doesn't come off as very genuine, much like a 100% profile with only easy games. Your profile should be a representation of you, not an example of how to make yourself look "impressive" or rise up the leaderboards.

• Like 4

I will never have a 100% profile and I'm OK with that. Some games Ive played have had their servers shut down, others I rented to test out and didn't like. I will pick up some games from years ago and complete if possible but that doesn't happen often. Plus I have too many games played to even try to achieve that, if possible. 

That ambition died a while ago with Super Meat Boy. I always said that, if I was really interested in a game, difficulty would not scare me from getting it anyway and trying my best. Shitty trophies would though, because a game with insufferable trophies is pretty much always a shit game in general. Super Meat Boy was for free on psplus back then and I couldn't even get the last trophies to save my life, so that 100% ship most likely has sailed. I will still aim to be close to 100% though, as there is currently nothing else on my profile that is impossible for me to handle, and I really want to do most things I can in a game. Has it lead to some tedious sessions? Yes, definitely, but it was still worth it every time once the task was done, even with shit games like GTA3, bugged trophies like from The Forest or the utter grindfest that was the Orcs Must Die Unchained platinum.

• Like 4

I amn't and also never can 100% my profile as I buy games I really like with many having very tough or time consuming platinums that are sometimes out of my reach. A few of these include Disgaea 4 and 5, FFX, KH 1.5 +2.5 and Tales of Symphonia. I also plan on buying one of the Yakuza games, and those have notoriously time consuming and tough plats

15 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

No offense to anyone that’s aiming for 100% completion but why are so many going crazy over this? I’ve seen a shit ton of people making new accounts and even avoiding certain games just because they want a “perfect profile”. 

I agree starting new accounts and avoiding games is a bit far but there is nothing wrong with having something to aim for to make gaming a bit more intresting. Im aiming for 75 percent then 80 percent completion lol (i have some games where i have got 1 or 2 trophies but fell out with them). 

• Like 4

Good luck with that man. Just don’t let the pressure get to you.

As for me, 100% is impossible due to server closures. I do have a pretty high completion rate but going for 100% was never really my goal anyway. I just try to complete as much as I can and whatever is not worth my time/money gets ignored (mainly DLC).

For those who have a problem with people who have/want 100% completion profiles, let me ask you some questions.

If a doctor was performing surgery on you, would you want him to complete the surgery 100% or just perform half the surgery?

If  you were taking a flight, would you want the captain to drive the plane to the destination 100% or just leave you on a deserted island half way on the trip?

Your pet dog, do you want 100% dog or half a dog with only 2 legs?

You want to eat cake, so you decide to bake one. Do you bake at 100% completion or just the eat the flour?

When you shampoo your hair, do you clean just 1 hair or 100% completion of your head?

When you want rain, do you want a single drop of water or 100% completion of rain?

Exactly. 

Now i suggest you reevaluate your life and make a decision for Christ.

tenor.gif?itemid=5103059

Edited by Chocolat_GiddyUp

This was my goal before till I got stuck on FIFA17 and cant get platinum trophy from that game. That I cant get 100% completion anymore.

I already gave up about 100% completion on my profile. But I still try my best to get platinum and 100% completion on every game I play.

I wish you luck for those who still aim for it

I always go for 100% and after eight years I finally achieved it last december. Started a few really tough games in January, Trials Fusion, SMB, Wolfenstein 2 and Sine Mora, and my goal is to get back at 100% by the end of the year. I’ve cut down on gaming time recently so this is going to be  tough to do. We’ll see how it goes. If I can’t do it, it wouldn’t really bother me.

16 minutes ago, ResoluteRock said:

Trophies are meaningless.

Oh really...

Then why are you on a trophy hunting enthusiast website?

Why do you hunt trophies?

If trophies are meaningless and you hunt trophies, then isn't your existence meaningless?

Your name is ResoluteRock, you don't sound very resolute lol.

giphy.gif

Edited by Chocolat_GiddyUp
  • Like 1