The Pursuit of 100% Completion Profile

7 minutes ago, Chocolat_GiddyUp said:

Oh really...

Then why are you on a trophy hunting enthusiast website?

Why do you hunt trophies?

If trophies are meaningless and you hunt trophies, then isn't your existence meaningless?

Your name is ResoluteRock, you don't sound very resolute lol.

giphy.gif

trophies and life are both meaningless

16 minutes ago, Chocolat_GiddyUp said:

Oh really...

Then why are you on a trophy hunting enthusiast website?

Why do you hunt trophies?

If trophies are meaningless and you hunt trophies, then isn't your existence meaningless?

Your name is ResoluteRock, you don't sound very resolute lol.

giphy.gif

It’s a hobby. I don’t let it get in the way of actually important things in my life like friends, family, or school. They’re 100% meaningless but it’s a way to clear my head and it’s something I enjoy doing, and it hurts nobody.

And if it were my entire existence, then yeah my existence would be meaningless.

There’s a resolution to the confusion. That’s why they call me ResoluteRock. ?

Edited by ResoluteRock
  • Like 3

I have no intention of ever going for 100% because I never want to restrict myself from playing something just because I might not be able to 100% it. It's ridiculous if someone's goal for 100% prevents them from playing games that they may want to play. If you have one profile for 100% and another for playing games you want, but don't intend to 100% then I can understand that.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Oooh, I love the rhetorical question game!!! So I got some questions for you too!

If someone was going to murder you, would you want them to do it halfway, or finish the job to completion? 

If North Korea was building a nuclear bomb to start WW3, would you want them to only finish half of it or finish it to completion?

If your Mom baked you a cake, would you want her to eat 100% before you get a chance to eat any of it?

If someone was going to throw you into a pit of venomous snakes, would you like it to be 100% full of snakes or only 10%?

If someone is going to drown you, do you want them to stop halfway or make sure you aren't breathing?

Two sides of every coin. Not everything has to be seen to completion, my friend. I got a good laugh out of it though so thanks for that! :P

100% baby!

giphy.gif

Edited by Chocolat_GiddyUp

I have tried to obtain 100% completion since I created new profile BUT. Since Ghost Recon Wildlands throw bugged trophies in my face I hide the game and never try to finish it again, them my friend start playing UFC 2 on my profile and I have like 5% of trophies... another hidden game :/

SW Battlefront 1 which Sony gave me for PS+ subscription... just 1% and another hidden game.

Now I have in my profile PUBG and Friday 13th which for sure I’m not going to plat... probably I will hide them also.

I think having 100% completion would be amazing, but also something that could severely limit you or become exhausting to maintain. Probably best for an alt account or something imo.

I do enjoy having a high completion percentage and I’d love to get mine above 90% in the future. A lot of my missing trophies are DLC trophies for older PS3 games. After paying $5 or less for a very old game I’m usually not inclined to go drop $20 or more on old DLC content. I really wish DLCs would go on sale more often!

• Like 1

I truly appreciate all who dropped a note with your thoughts and reasons for why or why not 100% profile completion is something in the cards for you or not. I thoroughly enjoyed reading over your comments and personal opinions. As many of you mentioned, it is all a personal choice and that it shouldn't restrict a person from playing games they enjoy themselves or with friends. I love the larger gaming community, but more so, occupying the space with those of you who trophy hunt and fully complete games for fun and satisfaction like me. You guys keep me motivated for sure. Cheers to all!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 11:23 AM, fbdbh said:

I'm doing this as well, this is a solid compromise for a 100%-like mindset. Did this with Ratchet & Clank (all games, all platforms), and then with From Software games (since then I'm missing Dark Souls Remastered and Sekiro), currently aiming for Resident Evil, but that seems to be impossible.

I actually aim to do the same sets lol. Did Ratchet way back it was pretty fun besides the online stuff.

• Like 1

I’m quite happy just being in the 90%+ category, I was only mid 60s in 2018 so I’m glad I’m not really worrying about my backlog anymore. I’ll never have 100% because of Fifa 11, GTA V and Black Ops II off the top of my head. I think if I had 100% I’d be put off from playing stuff just because it was particularly tough or had a lot of DLC. 

I guess I must be one of the odd (lucky) ones...i like all aspects of gaming and completion and have yet to come across a game that I didn't enjoy in some form or another...whether it be grinds, collectables, multiplayer, speed or no death runs, etc. I'm all in...i tend to pursue and get satisfaction from in game completion as well and find that some 100% trophy lists fall short of that...other times the in game 100% seems a bit ridiculous so I'll stop at a point where finishing up seems pointless in terms of unlocking rewards or feeling like a bada$$...phantom pain comes to mind...grinding out the final base upgrades seemed like it would be months of amassing resources for defense when no one even tried to takeover my base the entire time I played it...seemed pointless enough to keep going so never achieved that in game 100%...

if I had a pet peeve it would be games that give you epic rewards only at the end when you no longer need them...example: when I finished rdr2 I had all these awesome rewards that were practically useless since I had completed everything in the game, there is no ng+, and none of the items can be used on mission replays...silly...

sure I'll browse the trophy list and a guide before starting up a game to see what I'm in for and plan my playthrough(s) accordingly...part of the fun for me since internet guides and trophies were introduced is going through games in what I consider an efficient manner...no idea why I find it satisfying but i do...i suppose some of it is that I lead a very busy life where daily task management is key to success/satisfaction so I can't help but apply that to my gaming time as well...

no idea about rarity as it is never a defining factor in the games I purchase...i'm a bit old school in that I hit up the local gaming shops, browse the latest stuff, check out the box art to see if it has words like "co-op", "must-play" or "epic", have a quick chat with the employees about recommendations or opinions, and walk out with an armload of games...every so often I'll come across a game mentioned on this site or by someone on my friends list that I'll keep my eye out for the next time I shop and will also sometimes check the ps store and watch trailers to find content that looks enjoyable...thanks to disposable income, I've currently got a collection of several hundred unplayed games that all seem amazing so I look forward to many more years of fun...

all that being said, I'm not too fussed about the 100% number...i enjoy the way I play and I'm sure some day I'll fall on a dud that I don't want to finish, an unobtainable trophy, or something else that lowers my %...will that stop me from playing the way I play or affect the games I choose?...heck no...

to the OP I would say: play however you choose and pursue whatever you like...whether it be 100% or not, you've got a perfect profile in my eyes...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

If  I had a pet peeve it would be games that give you epic rewards only at the end when you no longer need them...example: when I finished rdr2 I had all these awesome rewards that were practically useless since I had completed everything in the game, there is no ng+, and none of the items can be used on mission replays...silly...

Haha I absolutely hate that! It feels like they're taking the piss - you've done all the hard work... Dead Space was great for giving you rewards that you could actually use. You get through one of the hardest difficulties and they reward you with the Devil Horns for the other hard difficulty (even though you had to manipulate it to get it to work). After the torture of Hardcore on DS2 it was so great breezing through Zealot!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

Haha I absolutely hate that! It feels like they're taking the piss - you've done all the hard work... Dead Space was great for giving you rewards that you could actually use. You get through one of the hardest difficulties and they reward you with the Devil Horns for the other hard difficulty (even though you had to manipulate it to get it to work). After the torture of Hardcore on DS2 it was so great breezing through Zealot!

sadly, it's often the case with r* games in particular...my brain interprets it as this: "thanks for finishing our game...aren't you glad we locked you out of that final collectible area for so long?..here is a $hit tonne of currency and some new bada$$ gear...enjoy the now completely barren free roam or starting our game from scratch again...cheers!...tl:dr : f**k youuuuuuuuuuu!"...haha...gotta love 'em...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

I'd like a 100% profile, but I cannot achieve it. Unfortunately, I have unobtainable trophies due to server closure, delisted DLC, and unreleased DLC. I wasn't as serious about trophies when I first started on PSN. However, I will try to get as close as possible. I really think getting 100% relies on the mindset of the person. A lot of people just can't do it because they don't have the right temper. People run away from games they don't like, give up when the going gets tough, or simply don't have the skill. I admit sometimes it's not fun to go back and grind out old MP trophies, but the sense of accomplishment is worth it for me. I also try to just play games that interest me and usually like them.

However, at the end of the day, it's up to the gamer.

• Like 3