Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Officially Announced (17 November 2020)

13 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

So they can release another AC game, but NOT remaster the OG Altair? They better thrown in a remaster of Assassin’s Creed 1 with this like how they bundled remastered AC3 with AC:O. 

That would be sweet.

• 11 months later...

Olnanpj.jpg

Ubisoft teases the next Assassin’s Creed

Looks like Assassin’s Creed is heading to the Viking Age

Ubisoft is teasing the next Assassin’s Creed game on YouTube in the form of a multi-hour livestream with artist Kode Abdo, better known as BossLogic, revealing the game’s setting. And that setting appears to be the Viking Age, as heavily rumored.

BossLogic’s artwork shows what appears to be Viking warriors battling in a sun-drenched field on one side, and boats navigating icy waters on the other. A silhouette of what appears to be a Viking warrior bisects the two scenes. Beyond that, little is known about the new Assassin’s Creed. The game is slated to come out sometime in 2020 on unspecified platforms.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/29/21240983/assassins-creed-2020-ubisoft-vikings-valhalla

r0Bj6Lt.jpg

0sVW8iA.jpg

pVH3oXm.jpg

Edited by ziggypossum
UPD
  • Like 4

That reminds me... I need to go and finish Odyssey and the DLC of Origins. I'd love to finish those two games before this new one releases, although I'm sure that's a long ways off. I know very little of this new entry but somehow I'm more interested about it compared to that new Watch Dogs game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

This is going to sound crazy but I really hope this is smaller than AC Odyssey. I don't need another 200+ hour sink of "sail to this port, sneak into this room, kill this dude, repeat hundreds of times".

I'm betting "unspecified platforms" means this will be PS5-only.

Why in the world would it be PS5 only, lmao.

7 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

As in not on PS4, not PS5 exclusive. This is a PS site, we shun other platforms and don't acknowledge their existence, remember??? /s

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

As in not on PS4, not PS5 exclusive. This is a PS site, we shun other platforms and don't acknowledge their existence, remember??? /s

It would still be a bad on Ubi's side if it were a new gen only game, no one will jump right away and buy the new console right away, that, plus its been stated that there will be limited supply of consoles at first, not releasing this in current gen will affect sales

Edited by MichMasteR

3 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

It would still be a bad on Ubi's side if it were a new gen only game, no one will jump right away and buy the new console right away, that, plus its been stated that there will be limited supply of consoles at first, not releasing this in current gen will affect sales

Actually, with the way PS5's will be limited in stores due to the pandemic, this is a good move to have this on PS4 as it'll draw in a bigger audience.

32 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

That reminds me... I need to go and finish Odyssey and the DLC of Origins. I'd love to finish those two games before this new one releases, although I'm sure that's a long ways off. I know very little of this new entry but somehow I'm more interested about it compared to that new Watch Dogs game.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to go back to playing origins then move onto Odyssey.

It looks good and the Vikings setting is somewhat original, but for some reason I just don’t feel as excited as I was about the Egyptian and Greek setting. In fact I still get excited remembering the awesomeness of riding my camel through the desert and seeing the pyramids in the distance. The sheer size of Odyssey burned me out a little bit (great game though, cool setting) so I am still a little bit apprehensive about the next one, but most importantly the Vikings setting just doesn’t have this epicness about it imo...

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

This is going to sound crazy but I really hope this is smaller than AC Odyssey. I don't need another 200+ hour sink of "sail to this port, sneak into this room, kill this dude, repeat hundreds of times".

Ubisoft would be crazy to only release it on PS5.

When the PS4 went on sale, they sold Black Flag as a launch title as well as it's PS3 release so I don't think there's any reason for them to not do that again this time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sifferino said:

It looks good and the Vikings setting is somewhat original, but for some reason I just don’t feel as excited as I was about the Egyptian and Greek setting. In fact I still get excited remembering the awesomeness of riding my camel through the desert and seeing the pyramids in the distance. The sheer size of Odyssey burned me out a little bit (great game though, cool setting) so I am still a little bit apprehensive about the next one, but most importantly the Vikings setting just doesn’t have this epicness about it imo...

I somehow feel the same way. I believe it's because in Origins and Odyssey you had huge civilizations with lots of material spanning centuries, not to mention the crazy mythology and the whole religion around it, while the Viking setting is not as bombastic and colorful. Not trying to say that they didn't have history, far from it, Vikings had a huge influence on Western Europe (not gonna enter into details, basically England and France's history is Viking based at some point) and their weapons and warfare was absolutely magnificent but...the way Ubisoft tends to structure its Assassin Creed franchise? Not sure how good will they manage to pull that. At least I can be sure that the historical facts will be accurate, as long as you ignore the McGuffins of Eden.

I do not expect from Ubisoft to make a masterpiece, that's for certain, their talent and passion for this franchise is as dead as Desmond. The only thing I would wish from their game is to friggin nail the winter setting. Just a spot in the middle of nowhere, no collectibles, no random guards, just you, nature, a truckload of snow and the sound ambience that gives you the feeling of a cold ass weather that make your breeches shiver. I want to feel the actual goosebumps and cold just from the sound effects and snow blown by the wind. It's so tough to find a proper wintery setting nowadays and the devs here are way more skilled in emulating jungles rather than tundras and mountains (See Far Cry 3 and AC4 versus Far Cry 4 and AC Rogue) but well here's hoping they will magically get it right! I'll worry about the assassinations later xD 

• Like 1

The game will be released on this generation and next generation. 

But it probably won't take advantage of the next gen as the game was developped for PS4 and Xbox One as base hardware. Just like Black Flag. 

Coop was in mind but they gave up the idea. 

They've started working on DLCs (heard of 3) already and seems like ideas for a DLC was taken away for the next game which will take advantage of next generation (reducing the DLCs number at 2). Making the next game similar to this one. Just like Odyssey was similar to Origins. 

Take it or not, that what I heard from a developper few weeks ago. But he didn't work on this game at that moment so wasn't aware of everything obviously and things might change

Edited by Taytoutay

2 hours ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

I agree, it did get a repetitive as time went on. Was impressed with Alexios though, great character. I’m also hoping the map is more fleshed out and there’s more activities to do and get involved in.

Edited by Gladiator995

2 hours ago, MichMasteR said:

Whoop my bad, I meant not-on-PS4. I legit forgot that Black Flag came out for PS3. But then why would they not specify which consoles it will be released for? If they're planning separate PS4 and PS5 releases, is Sony worried that saying so will cause people to not buy a PS5 on release? Part of being a launch title is that the game itself is a reason to buy the console; that's harder to do when you can still play it on your old one.

Between the Vikings TV show and God of War and this, it seems like Norse mythology is suddenly "marketable", similar to how other genres become popular in waves. I wonder which one started the trend first?