Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Officially Announced (17 November 2020)

RELEASE DATE : 17 NOVEMBER 2020

UPDATE

Assassins-Creed-Valhalla-Ultimate-Editio

assassins-creed-valhalla-gold-edition-62

65d04c36-dd0f-4097-a4cd-29d39bbbf242.jpg

EW3IG4jX0AMap2m.jpg

Ubisoft has officially announced Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, the new game in the Assassin's Creed series.

It has been confirmed that the Vikings will be themed. The release date and the platforms to be released have not been announced yet.

You will be able to watch it on YouTube.

Source

09e8349e-f2e2-4d99-a4d9-6ffbdf84b8e0.jpg

COLLECTOR'S EDITION

e1d6a95d-d494-4758-8c51-be3fd5fe599c.jpg

------------------

-Assassin’s Creed (codenamed) Kingdom planned to come cross gen 2020

-Actual name is Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok

-Main character is ally of Ragnar Lodbrok and aids in the formation of Great Heathen Army

- Map is split into several kingdoms encompassing all of Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland

- Kingdoms are split into regions that can hold settlements.

-Settlements have some customization and in game economy systems

- Large scale “conquest” battles return, and can be used to weaken enemy hold on regions and parts of the story

- Player does become an assassin and use hidden blade

- First Civ lore is a bit less than Odyssey, finding a vault and Mjolnir

- Game is developed primarily by Montreal

- Creative Director is Ashraf, Darby McDevvit is the Narrative Director

- Sofia is assisting but is planning on creating a DLC set in Iceland and using Yggdrasil to move across the 9 realms

- Co-op is returning, and can be used in most side quests and world exploration

- RPG mechanics, eagle, and ship combat is all returning

- Ship combat is toned down to focus more on exploration

- Game is more focused on exploration, removing question marks on the map, and making players want to explore locations for better loot (like Breath of the Wild)

- Larger emphasis on build and armor usage.

- Player has ability to change outfits on the fly, which can speed up or slow down notoriety build up in different kingdoms and stop Sheriffs coming after you

Source

4ac0efe3-e46c-4b72-817f-af8c3f8be975.jpg 

68cae70c-05a4-4fdc-a35e-1c13364aab9b.jpg 

dfd9ab58-ad89-4816-957f-96068d53c33e.jpg 

d0849fc0-42c8-4122-9715-9da3fe2104aa.jpg
Edited by DarkLordSHTR
  • Like 4

Should any of the info prove true.

-Assassin’s Creed (codenamed) Kingdom planned to come cross gen 2020

-Actual name is Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok

Cross gen. :hmm: Wonder if the PS5 will get a special console for it.

- Map is split into several kingdoms encompassing all of Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland

- Kingdoms are split into regions that can hold settlements.

-Settlements have some customization and in game economy systems

Sounds like it'll be smaller maps across regions like the previous games?

- Co-op is returning, and can be used in most side quests and world exploration

No god no. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

- RPG mechanics, eagle, and ship combat is all returning

- Ship combat is toned down to focus more on exploration

Just get rid of the dialogue options and I'll be happy. Hopefully ship combat being toned just means in quantity and not quality. I wouldn't mind if it was around less like Origins or AC3, but don't make it as shitty as AC3 compared to AC4 or Origins compared to Odyssey.

- Game is more focused on exploration, removing question marks on the map, and making players want to explore locations for better loot (like Breath of the Wild)

- Larger emphasis on build and armor usage. 

Wonder if they'll fog the map if there's not going to be any ? markers. 

Builds are a pretty big thing as it is in Odyssey. You can nearly one shot all the mythical creatures on Nightmare or you can tank damage like a legit god. I do hope that they keep the armor set up they have where you can have one set's abilities but make it look like another.

I'm pretty done with Norse mythology. You just can't get away from it these days. I would like something different. I'm also not enthused with huge maps and ticking off little places 100% that ultimately don't serve any purpose other than completion. One of the reasons I'm having a hard time getting into Origins. And Odyssey looks even worse.

• Like 3

I would certainly agree with some of the Folk here stating that the Maps on Origins and Odyssey were a bit too big, but if they are doing what has been leaked and including different regions to visit, that would be an opportunity to perhaps scale each map down a bit and really go to town on the detail, especially if it takes in to account the PS5s obvious graphical might. As far as a Viking theme is concerned, I'm more than happy with that, but I would have also really liked to see a Japanese theme. Both architectural themes though would make for an amazing looking game In my opinion. 

Also, im a sucker for collectors editions of games, and I would certainly be happy to buy a Nordic styled edition of the game! 

• Like 1

-Co-op is returning, and can be used in most side quests and world exploration

Sold!!! First day.

So they're saying Ragnar Lodbrok actually existed then? Outside of the lore associated with him, there's almost no evidence he actually existed. Some of his sons are however known historical figures. Nobody's sure though whether Ivar the Boneless's nickname was due to some form of bone disease, paralysis, or a sly reference to impotence.

These are the type of people we're dealing with if this is real. The lore surrounding the Great Heathen Army is a fun part of the Norse sagas. Harry Harrison did an interesting alternate history trilogy called the Hammer and the Cross detailing how things could have been different had the Norse been a bit more successful fighting off Christianity.

I know this was proven false as this point.

But I'm completely down for more AC in this vein. I absolutely adore the series this way. I'm currently 212 Hours into Odyssey and STILL not bored with it. It's going to suck when that day comes that it's actually over. So whatever the next game is, I'm completely on board and I hope it's even bigger and longer with more quality DLC like we've gotten for Odyssey. Give me a 300 Hour game!

• Like 2

I'm not too worried about the map size. Besides, it's not the size of the map, it's what you do with it that counts. I can't believe I used that paraphrasing ? Basically the world could be vast, as long as it's populated with variety and interesting things. 

I'm all in on this! The content of the leak is all feasible, apart from this:

'- Sofia is assisting but is planning on creating a DLC set in Iceland and using Yggdrasil to move across the 9 realms'

Which seems a little off in line with the rest of the info, that or it is a pure concept idea that was just thrown in to make the overall leak look shinier.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1