Game is still available through Deluxe edition

18 hours ago, castlecrasher317 said:

The deluxe version of AC7 is currently on sale in europe, and I was wondering if AC5 is still confirmed to be available from buying it?

Purchased it from the Big Japan Sale in february this year. Can also confirm that it's still included, BUT

make sure you make some research as I've heard that this only applies if you buy it from the EU store

Edited by PreLoki
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 05/10/2019 at 3:59 PM, majob said:

Deluxe editions are usually just the game bundled with a season pass so see if simply buying the season pass will get you AC5 as well

Can anyone confirm this please? I just bought the standard edition in the current sale (EU) and only after found out AC5 is in the deluxe edition. I'm tempted to buy the season pass anyway but AC5 would send that over the tipping point.

17 minutes ago, StandSilent said:

Can anyone confirm this please? I just bought the standard edition in the current sale (EU) and only after found out AC5 is in the deluxe edition. I'm tempted to buy the season pass anyway but AC5 would send that over the tipping point.

No. The Season Pass gives you access to the DLCs only, not AC5 as well because it's not DLC. Keep in mind, the Deluxe Edition has exclusive DLC in the form of 8 Popular Squadron Emblems, which cannot be purchased or acquired separately, not even if you purchase the Season Pass.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

No. The Season Pass gives you access to the DLCs only, not AC5 as well because it's not DLC. Keep in mind, the Deluxe Edition has exclusive DLC in the form of 8 Popular Squadron Emblems, which cannot be purchased or acquired separately, not even if you purchase the Season Pass.

That's a shame. I'm now locked out of the deluxe edition as well because I've bought standard. Missed a trick there.

Well, you just bought the standard edition, right? See if you can contact Sony Support and explain that you'd like to upgrade the edition from standard to deluxe. They may be able to refund the standard purchase which should allow you to purchase the deluxe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/07/2020 at 4:41 PM, SlyCooperFan100 said:

Well, you just bought the standard edition, right? See if you can contact Sony Support and explain that you'd like to upgrade the edition from standard to deluxe. They may be able to refund the standard purchase which should allow you to purchase the deluxe.

I've done this with a game previously I can confirm support is usually pretty nice in doing a refund if your going to buying more with the funds. Just tell them you accidentally bought the wrong version of the game.

I can confirm that AC5 is still available via buying AC7: Deluxe Edition in SCEE region (AFAIK it includes all Europe countries; however, I was guided by this list: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/faqs/000026290/PS4-Regions/). To be more exact: I got it from bying at Russian PS Store.

P.S. As it was mentioned before, AC5 appears as separate game in the library. So if you don't see it, don't start downloading AC7 as it won't give you AC5 and absolutely super definitely will deny your sweet ability to refund.

Edited by SlowQuorex

On 16.7.2020 at 7:10 AM, Lord_Bane999 said:

I've done this with a game previously I can confirm support is usually pretty nice in doing a refund if your going to buying more with the funds. Just tell them you accidentally bought the wrong version of the game.

This unfortunately wasn't the case as I have had the standard edition now for about a month and have downloaded it. I explained I wanted to refund it to then buy the Deluxe edition but they weren't having it. Said there was nothing they could do. Must be something on their end that doesn't allow them to go beyond the limitations of their regulations.

Furthermore I attempted to purchase the Deluxe edition on a separate account, received and downloaded Ace Combat 5, then asked for a refund which I did get because I hadn't downloaded Ace Combat 7 with that account. Unfortunately though this locked me out of playing Ace Combat 5 which is now sitting downloaded in my library but with the little lock icon. I might just give in and re-buy the Deluxe edition with my second account so I can play it. It's about as expensive in the current sale as buying a season pass anyway.

6 hours ago, StandSilent said:

This unfortunately wasn't the case as I have had the standard edition now for about a month and have downloaded it. I explained I wanted to refund it to then buy the Deluxe edition but they weren't having it. Said there was nothing they could do. Must be something on their end that doesn't allow them to go beyond the limitations of their regulations.

Furthermore I attempted to purchase the Deluxe edition on a separate account, received and downloaded Ace Combat 5, then asked for a refund which I did get because I hadn't downloaded Ace Combat 7 with that account. Unfortunately though this locked me out of playing Ace Combat 5 which is now sitting downloaded in my library but with the little lock icon. I might just give in and re-buy the Deluxe edition with my second account so I can play it. It's about as expensive in the current sale as buying a season pass anyway.

Ah I was assuming you just had purchased it like he day of or before the post

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So if I make a UK account and buy the game on that one, I don't need like a VPN or anything like that.  I can just buy it with that account through the GB PSN website and download it to my PS5 just fine?  No region changing for the console or anything?  Then I can just play it on my US account?  

7 hours ago, Chettlar said:

So if I make a UK account and buy the game on that one, I don't need like a VPN or anything like that.  I can just buy it with that account through the GB PSN website and download it to my PS5 just fine?  No region changing for the console or anything?  Then I can just play it on my US account?  

Correct. No need to jump through hoops, just sign in on GB account then download and play on your main. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping to let everyone know this works for Europe, Australia and New Zealand accounts. You must typically use a PSN card to add funds if your out of region. So check the prices online from your favourite sites. Sometimes certain countries will be lower.

For example I save typically buying a card from Aus/NZ by a few bucks in my currency while Great Britain cards cost about nearly twice as much in my currency. Also avoid PlayAsia if you can help it they typically always tack on extra on their pricing regardless of where you are buying.

• 9 months later...