Game is still available through Deluxe edition

Just confirming that AC5 was still automatically "purchased" in AU as part of AC7 Deluxe Edition in late December 2021 during an 80% discount sale.  AC5 is not mentioned at all in the Deluxe Edition's product description so it was a nice bonus / surprise!

Albeit Ace Combat 5 is titled "Squadron Leader' in AU rather than "The Unsung War" on installation.

Edited by Perth_2008
Corrections
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just bought the EU Maverick Deluxe Edition. Regular Deluxe Edition is no longer available. It does not give you AC5. Heads up. And if anyone is maybe done with their EU account and wouldn't mind doing a gameshare, maybe let me know?

• Like 2

Confirmed, AC5 is NO LONGER available through this trick. The original Deluxe Edition of the game is unavailable for purchase and has been replaced by new editions with the Top Gun: Maverick DLC. A shame we didn't know about the new editions beforehand to ring the alarms, but the trick did work for three years longer than it should have.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

Confirmed, AC5 is NO LONGER available through this trick. The original Deluxe Edition of the game is unavailable for purchase and has been replaced by new editions with the Top Gun: Maverick DLC. A shame we didn't know about the new editions beforehand to ring the alarms, but the trick did work for three years longer than it should have.

Well that sucks. Was hoping they would've at least made AC5 its own separate game and allow people to buy it on its own. Also, I never knew they updated this with a whole new bundle. Must be the new Top Gun movie. Was hoping they would've upgraded those who already bought the game with the season pass, but can't pass up the money lol

2 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Well that sucks. Was hoping they would've at least made AC5 its own separate game and allow people to buy it on its own.

Unfortunately, they've repeatedly stated that they could only officially provide it as a pre-order bonus. That specific wording has led us to conclude that licensing issues prevent them from actually directly selling the game.

2 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Was hoping they would've upgraded those who already bought the game with the season pass, but can't pass up the money lol

The Season Pass was advertised as three planes and three missions, and they've been released: the ADF-11F, the ADF-01, the ADFX-01, and the three additional missions Unexpected Visitor, Anchorhead Raid, and Ten Million Relief Plan. If you purchased those individually for $5 each, you would pay $30. The Season Pass was $25, so you got six DLCs for the price of five. Everything else was done after the fact, after the game sold so well that they could actually make more DLCs. The Top Gun DLC is the newest, just released yesterday, and is likely the last.

• Like 2

Yeah, once I became aware of this "trick" I was specifically waiting for a sale on the EU store so that I could get it for less than $80 or whatever. Of course that sale turned out to be the unveiling of the "top gun" deluxe edition, which removed ac5. So now I'm out like £40 and STILL don't get it. Now my only chance is finding someone willing to share their EU or AU or whatever account.

• Like 1

On 27/5/2022 at 8:54 PM, Cascadicat said:

Yeah, once I became aware of this "trick" I was specifically waiting for a sale on the EU store so that I could get it for less than $80 or whatever. Of course that sale turned out to be the unveiling of the "top gun" deluxe edition, which removed ac5. So now I'm out like £40 and STILL don't get it. Now my only chance is finding someone willing to share their EU or AU or whatever account.

100% sure about that?

22 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

100% sure about that?

Yes, unless I'm missing something super obvious. It isn't in my download list, whether as a discrete game download or as an add-on for AC7. Checked on both ps4 and ps5.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cascadicat said:

Yes, unless I'm missing something super obvious. It isn't in my download list, whether as a discrete game download or as an add-on for AC7. Checked on both ps4 and ps5.

That sucks. I was able to purchase it in February when there was a huge discount. This is how it appears in my Library from the web Store.

27977161-29ab4633f186ab4793870d34811e9dc

If you still don't download any of the game, you should try to request a refund by contacting Sony.

Edited by JorgeSleep
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

That sucks. I was able to purchase it in February when there was a huge discount. This is how it appears in my Library from the web Store.

27977161-29ab4633f186ab4793870d34811e9dc

If you still don't download any of the game, you should try to request a refund by contacting Sony.

Yeah, it's absolutely not included. Totally sucks. Trying to ask around to see if anyone has an EU account I can gameshare the game from, but so far no luck.

I'm extremely lucky that I bought this last time it went on sale and fortunately that was a 90% discount so I was able to get AC5 as well.

I don't know if anyone would bother risking it and wasting too much money but as I see there are 2 different Top Gun Maverick editions, one simply titled the "Top Gun: Maverick Edition" but the other is titled as "Top Gun: Maverick Ultimate Edition". This Ultimate Edition comes packed with the season pass and the latest Top Gun dlc so if anyone has bought that then they can confirm if AC5 is still coming discreetly packaged in.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nabeel_of_Steel said:

I'm extremely lucky that I bought this last time it went on sale and fortunately that was a 90% discount so I was able to get AC5 as well.

I don't know if anyone would bother risking it and wasting too much money but as I see there are 2 different Top Gun Maverick editions, one simply titled the "Top Gun: Maverick Edition" but the other is titled as "Top Gun: Maverick Ultimate Edition". This Ultimate Edition comes packed with the season pass and the latest Top Gun dlc so if anyone has bought that then they can confirm if AC5 is still coming discreetly packaged in.

That's the one I bought. Maverick Ultimate. No AC5. I'm trying to find someone willing to gameshare it with me, as there's apparently no other option at this point.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, nickr_ said:

And NA

No. All versions in all regions had AC5 as part of the pre-order bonus. Only the European Digital Deluxe Edition, as discussed at length in this topic, mistakenly did not get rid of AC5 after that window had passed. With the removal of the European Digital Deluxe Edition in favor of the Top Gun Maverick editions, AC5 is no longer available in any edition in any region.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

No. All versions in all regions had AC5 as part of the pre-order bonus. Only the European Digital Deluxe Edition, as discussed at length in this topic, mistakenly did not get rid of AC5 after that window had passed. With the removal of the European Digital Deluxe Edition in favor of the Top Gun Maverick editions, AC5 is no longer available in any edition in any region.

Right, I must have gotten it from the preorder bonus. 

It's kind of cool to get a game as a bonus but it should've been available to purchase afterwards.

Still I would've prefered Zero over 5.

6 minutes ago, nickr_ said:

t's kind of cool to get a game as a bonus but it should've been available to purchase afterwards.

PS4 AC5 is one of the weirdest remaster to ever come out. It is a proper and complete port of the game to the PS4, with HD wildscreen support, dual voiceover language option and a few QOL options added, and then they only offered it as a pre-order bonus for AC7. That's a lot of efforts for a version of the game so few players will ever be able to experience. 

I really wish they would have offered it for sale as a standalone game and then do the same to the two other games of the PS2 trilogy. That would have been great.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...