Street Fighter II and Mars rant

Sebulba2000

Well, this game's difficulty is insane and I kinda both love it and hate it. But 2 of the tables are just cheap and they do not provide a good challenge. I already had 2 close attempts of the silver trophy in the SFII table and I failed them on the final boss, I've lost a ball on it and realized I have to start all over again, despite having more balls (did it all with ball 1 the first and I think the second time). Well, this drives me crazy, because it's cheaply and poorly made... Not to mention, I've lost countless of times because ball saver decided to drain my ball... Yeah, luck-based garbage if you ask me :/ Can't wait to finally never touch this game or any Pinball game again. Oh and also, I've never tried the silver on Mars yet, but I heard it's just like here with the final mission.

I found a solid way to complete the boss fight in the Street Fighter table. It's still all about timing, but there is a nice and easy shot that you can consistently make. First, you want to shoot Bison's head with the right flipper. When you hold the ball on the right flipper and then slowly let it go, it will roll down over some numbers that show your multiplier level. The trick is shooting the ball right before it completely rolls over "6x". The ball moves faster than it does on Zen Pinball 2, but all it takes is a few shots to learn when exactly you need to shoot. You don't even need to look at Bison. And the best part is that the ball usually lands on the right flipper safely after hitting his head.

And I'm not sure how important this is, but completing the Akuma side mission up to 3 times before reaching the boss fight, and lighting those 3 letters (I think it was C-H-I) is supposed to help with the final fight. But this help is irrelevant when you can consistently hit his head with the shot I mentioned. Good luck :)

Edited by emboliformis

On 9.05.2019 at 7:59 AM, emboliformis said:

I found a solid way to complete the boss fight in the Street Fighter table. It's still all about timing, but there is a nice and easy shot that you can consistently make. First, you want to shoot Bison's head with the right flipper. When you hold the ball on the right flipper and then slowly let it go, it will roll down over some numbers that show your multiplier level. The trick is shooting the ball right before it completely rolls over "6x". The ball moves faster than it does on Zen Pinball 2, but all it takes is a few shots to learn when exactly you need to shoot. You don't even need to look at Bison. And the best part is that the ball usually lands on the right flipper safely after hitting his head.

And I'm not sure how important this is, but completing the Akuma side mission up to 3 times before reaching the boss fight, and lighting those 3 letters (I think it was C-H-I) is supposed to help with the final fight. But this help is irrelevant when you can consistently hit his head with the shot I mentioned. Good luck :)

Thank you, but I already got it the same day, haha :) I'm still mad at this game though. Oh and I kept lighting these letter anyway for ballsaves BTW.

On 16.05.2019 at 0:08 AM, emboliformis said:

Congrats :) And good luck with the rest :)

Thanks :D Do you have any tips for Epic Quest maybe? I can also share a tip for El Dorado: the skull trophy. You do, in fact have to do it with only 1 ball, unless you lose your ball by tilt, then the skulls won't get converted to points, so it may be useful, if you're in the "lose your ball zone", you can just spam nudging then. I hope it helps at least a little, good luck ^^

• Like 1

Thanks! That sounds extremely helpful, I'll keep it in mind :)

Epic Quest is one of my favourite tables. 

A few tips:

- Know exactly what monster you trigger when you hit a certain spot at the Orcanium. And also know which monsters you already defeated and where exactly they are shown on the table. This is because when you lose against the final boss, the table doesn't reset completely, but you lose 3 random monsters. You should know which one you lost.

- The normal best way to beat monsters is regularly pulling off counter attacks (hit left shield ramp and then quickly right sword ramp). But the magic attacks are very crucial against the final boss in my opinion. So learn how to activate (acquire) a magic attack and learn how to use it, and use it only on the final boss. There are 4 different magic attacks iirc, and having all of them available is very helpful against the final boss.

- And the health potions. You can refill your health during a fight by hitting a certain spot as long as you have a health potion. Try to save them for the boss fight.

The table isn't too bad as long as you are consistent at counter attacks. I did it without savescumming on ZP2's ps3 and ps4 versions :)

Edited by emboliformis