EA Access Coming To PS4 This July

Aranea Highwind

EA Access is expanding to PlayStation 4 this summer. Starting in July, PS4 owners will be able to take part in the same console subscription service previously exclusive to Microsoft's Xbox One.

"As we continue to invest in digital and subscription services, bringing our games to even more people across both consoles is an exciting opportunity for everyone," EA executive VP of strategic growth Matt Bilbey said in a press release. "Our goal is to give players more choice to try and play our games wherever and however they choose and we're happy to bring the service to PlayStation 4."

On PS4, you will be able to pay for a monthly $5 USD or annual $30 USD subscription to EA Access. With a subscription, you get access to a vault of free EA titles, such as Titanfall 2, Star Wars: Battlefront II, and FIFA 18. Subscribers also get a 10 percent discount on all digital EA games, as well as their respective expansions and in-game purchases. Perhaps most notable is EA Access' Play First Trials, which typically gives you 10 hours of early access to all new EA titles prior to their official release.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-access-coming-to-ps4-this-july/1100-6466686/

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

With a subscription, you get access to a vault of free EA titles

They're not free if you're paying for a subscription.

But anyway, does anyone know what's in this "vault"? EA has had a lot of good titles over the years, but they've also had a ton of retreads. What about games like Dragon Age or Mass Effect?

It's hilarious how people seem to have a hard time understanding the concept of a subscription. You pay to have access to the games. In what possible way are they free? If you didn't pay, you wouldn't have access. The connection between payment and access shouldn't be that hard to grasp, but oh well... 

Companies make this mistake as well, but at least it's deliberate.

As for the content of the EA Vault, if it's the same as on Xbox One it's mostly sport titles, as well as the old Battlefield games, Battlefront one, and a couple of Plant vs Zombies games. Oh, and Dragon Age Inquisition along with some of the old Mass Effect games. Been a few years since I had a subscription though, so the selection is probably better now.

Edited by SinisterPledge
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

Awesome, I can pay a subscription to play a load of titles that are £1-4 at most for me to just buy. Thanks EA, really looking out for the customers.

Wonder if the subscription price will get a 70% discount after two weeks just like all their under-performing games? ?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Says the person with multiple non-japanese developed games on their trophy list ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

30 dollars is pretty expensive when most of these games can be purchased together for less

Uh... The reason for that is because my nephews were using my PSN account. That's why I have them and I never played them, but my nephews used my PSN account to play them because of my foolish dad.

Edit: Plus, I also play Insomaniac Games, Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog games because they made great games like Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and Sly Cooper. Plus, Activision did something good for once by remastering the Crash Bandicoot PS1 trilogy for PS4, Switch and more. So those three US companies I mentioned count as US games that I enjoyed. Sorry for the confusion there, mate.

Edited by MMX20
Update
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

I have used this service before and thought it was pretty good. But considering half the games are last gen, I don't know how it'll work over here.

Definitely a good service for people that buy sports games every year though.

They could stream them

This is totally aimed at people who buy 3-4 games per year and they're probably the pew pew games or the move the ball games. I'm fine with that, since market demand will show whether it's worthwhile to them or not.

I'd wager less than a single percentage of subscribers will do so for the back catalog of games.

• Like 1

I'll sub if the games currently avaiable are interesting enough to me and I do not already own them. More options will never be a bad thing.

Already foresee people using this as argument when PS+ games are "bad".

i dun nid gaims frum sony alred havn fun wid n8L 20eitin thx ea

If this was offered by ea back in the ps3 era(back when they made stuff like dead space, the saboteur, or actual good bioware games) id be tempted but current ea ill save my money. I myself am hoping other publishers follow suit with a similar service as id love to see something similar for sega, bandi namco, or even ubisoft since outside jedi fallen order i have no interest in eas current output.