cuthbert23

Double Down!!

21 posts in this topic

Oh my God, this blooming trophy!! 

Seriously no word of a lie, I’m on roughly my 400th attempt on this damn thing. I have watched all videos and less than 5 attempts had half the enemies spawned as they do in the videos.

ive never had it where there are more than 3 chances to get double kills and 99% of the time it only kills one guy even if both heads happen to line up! 

This trophy is beyond a joke... what’s worse as well if I attempt it too many times in one go the game seems to forget the difficulty level and switches between veteran and regular....

any secret ways to do this other than what’s out there?! 

It is doable, just keep trying. It took a while for me too 

Just keep following the guide

it takes quite a while for the enemies to line up and when they do you only have but a split second to react

I think this trophy took 4hrs on it's own for me to do. Its RNG mixed with skill and timing witch makes it such a horrible trophy. If you keep playing you'll get it. Best of luck.

Yeah, this trophy sucks. Took me a solid few hours straight until I got it. Perseverance is key, my friend. 

If i can do it .. you can do it.. I have sausage fingers for Vita and I struggled hard.. I could always get 3 double kills but the 4th was lucky today. 

If you miss the first 2 soldiers , restart

i then luckily got the 2 guys running out of the building (I’ll attach guide I used)

i then got the next 2 guys downstairs and I missed the next 2 easy double kills and was lucky to get my last double on the guys jumping out of the truck.

previous to this , I thought you could only use 4 bullets and after that the stat would reset.. so I’d restart .. I was so wrong.. 4 doubles and as many bullets as it takes

Honestly getting enemies lining up is RNG based but you can do it, just don't give up! I followed this video so hopefully it might help you too:

this trophy is a disaster. No other words for it. the RNG is either with you or against you. For me the enemies after the room just don't line up..... 😡

16 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

this trophy is a disaster. No other words for it. the RNG is either with you or against you. For me the enemies after the room just don't line up..... 1f621.png

Yup - I still haven't managed to make it ping, I hate hate hate it! 

This is one of the most difficult, most annoying, most frustrating trophies I've ever achieved :shakefist: It took me so long to get and I honestly thought I'd never get it. But I got there in the end and if I can then I'm sure most people can! This is still one of my proudest Platinums though, so it was well worth the effort in the end! 

Good luck!

You want to aim to have 3 of the 4 done as you clear out the room. First one is given to you, then align the two out of the building. Move down the stairs into building and get another two lined up. The first 3 I just mentioned almost always line up. You’ll need to practise pulling the shots off. I was getting 3/4 almost every time. And then finally got the last double kill in final area. Keep practising and you’ll get good at hitting the 3/4 I mentioned. Honestly only took me a few hours practising. 

EDIT: i ended up having to do this twice, if and when you do pull off all 4, don’t celebrate too early like me. A car exploded and killed the guy I was protecting. Talk about bad RNG.

Edited by boromir120

On 29-8-2019 at 0:49 PM, boromir120 said:

You want to aim to have 3 of the 4 done as you clear out the room. First one is given to you, then align the two out of the building. Move down the stairs into building and get another two lined up. The first 3 I just mentioned almost always line up. You’ll need to practise pulling the shots off. I was getting 3/4 almost every time. And then finally got the last double kill in final area. Keep practising and you’ll get good at hitting the 3/4 I mentioned. Honestly only took me a few hours practising. 

EDIT: i ended up having to do this twice, if and when you do pull off all 4, don’t celebrate too early like me. A car exploded and killed the guy I was protecting. Talk about bad RNG.

Actually that make sense ! I have trouble with the second one but will practice that a bit more. The first and the room are doable. But if you enter the last area with 3 out 4, your chances are indeed bigger. The quest contineus.....😁

7 minutes ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Actually that make sense ! I have trouble with the second one but will practice that a bit more. The first and the room are doable. But if you enter the last area with 3 out 4, your chances are indeed bigger. The quest contineus.....1f601.png

Don’t give up brother, practise those 3 and I think there is like 4 opportunities in the last area, you have a high chance of one of those being available to you. The first time I got lucky and had 2 line up immediately after the room. Second time I got the two guys who come down the stairs 

This is one of the worst RNG trophies ever. It is just as bad as Dishonoreds By My Hand Alone DLC trophy, and I didn't believe I would ever encounter something that bad again. 

The worst thing of all is that this fucking Sniper isn't even strong enough to multikill most of the time. Absolutely ridiculous. 

On 22/10/2019 at 8:46 AM, Sinthoras_96 said:

This is one of the worst RNG trophies ever. It is just as bad as Dishonoreds By My Hand Alone DLC trophy, and I didn't believe I would ever encounter something that bad again. 

The worst thing of all is that this fucking Sniper isn't even strong enough to multikill most of the time. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Yup and still x months later I still haven’t got it! It’s going to be one of those trophies I give up on, but it’s such a shame as last one for platinum 

10 hours ago, cuthbert23 said:

Yup and still x months later I still haven’t got it! It’s going to be one of those trophies I give up on, but it’s such a shame as last one for platinum 

I actually unlocked it one day after my post. Took me about 4 hours total. Piece of shit trophy 

Reading this thread gives me a lot of delight. 

Almost as as good as reading about people struggling with Super Meat Boy, Vanquish’s Challenge 6, Oh Sir! The Insult Simulator’s Say No More trophy, and the Dunwall City DLC from Dishonored 1. 

Been on the fence with this game. The videos definitely show a lot of RNG is needed. 

After my my 500+ tries I finally got it!!!! 

Just keep playing until you eventually get it! 

I recommend you watching several videos on YouTube. As far as I remember, there are at least 6 different possibilities to get this done, 8 if I'm not wrong. Some enemies don't line up directly, some of them need to be shot with the Python or a flash bang first. 

In my game only 3 line up outside near the machine there is always only one that shoots me, the two black suits of the video never align neither if the shots nor if you use flashbang I will be at 400 attempts more or less stop game shit