Double Down!!

• 1 month later...

If i can do it .. you can do it.. I have sausage fingers for Vita and I struggled hard.. I could always get 3 double kills but the 4th was lucky today. 

If you miss the first 2 soldiers , restart

i then luckily got the 2 guys running out of the building (I’ll attach guide I used)

i then got the next 2 guys downstairs and I missed the next 2 easy double kills and was lucky to get my last double on the guys jumping out of the truck.

previous to this , I thought you could only use 4 bullets and after that the stat would reset.. so I’d restart .. I was so wrong.. 4 doubles and as many bullets as it takes

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is one of the most difficult, most annoying, most frustrating trophies I've ever achieved :shakefist: It took me so long to get and I honestly thought I'd never get it. But I got there in the end and if I can then I'm sure most people can! This is still one of my proudest Platinums though, so it was well worth the effort in the end! 

Good luck!

• Like 1

You want to aim to have 3 of the 4 done as you clear out the room. First one is given to you, then align the two out of the building. Move down the stairs into building and get another two lined up. The first 3 I just mentioned almost always line up. You’ll need to practise pulling the shots off. I was getting 3/4 almost every time. And then finally got the last double kill in final area. Keep practising and you’ll get good at hitting the 3/4 I mentioned. Honestly only took me a few hours practising. 

EDIT: i ended up having to do this twice, if and when you do pull off all 4, don’t celebrate too early like me. A car exploded and killed the guy I was protecting. Talk about bad RNG.

Edited by boromir120
  • Like 2

On 29-8-2019 at 0:49 PM, boromir120 said:

You want to aim to have 3 of the 4 done as you clear out the room. First one is given to you, then align the two out of the building. Move down the stairs into building and get another two lined up. The first 3 I just mentioned almost always line up. You’ll need to practise pulling the shots off. I was getting 3/4 almost every time. And then finally got the last double kill in final area. Keep practising and you’ll get good at hitting the 3/4 I mentioned. Honestly only took me a few hours practising. 

EDIT: i ended up having to do this twice, if and when you do pull off all 4, don’t celebrate too early like me. A car exploded and killed the guy I was protecting. Talk about bad RNG.

Actually that make sense ! I have trouble with the second one but will practice that a bit more. The first and the room are doable. But if you enter the last area with 3 out 4, your chances are indeed bigger. The quest contineus.....?

7 minutes ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Actually that make sense ! I have trouble with the second one but will practice that a bit more. The first and the room are doable. But if you enter the last area with 3 out 4, your chances are indeed bigger. The quest contineus.....1f601.png

Don’t give up brother, practise those 3 and I think there is like 4 opportunities in the last area, you have a high chance of one of those being available to you. The first time I got lucky and had 2 line up immediately after the room. Second time I got the two guys who come down the stairs 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is one of the worst RNG trophies ever. It is just as bad as Dishonoreds By My Hand Alone DLC trophy, and I didn't believe I would ever encounter something that bad again. 

The worst thing of all is that this fucking Sniper isn't even strong enough to multikill most of the time. Absolutely ridiculous. 

• Like 3

On 22/10/2019 at 8:46 AM, Sinthoras_96 said:

This is one of the worst RNG trophies ever. It is just as bad as Dishonoreds By My Hand Alone DLC trophy, and I didn't believe I would ever encounter something that bad again. 

The worst thing of all is that this fucking Sniper isn't even strong enough to multikill most of the time. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Yup and still x months later I still haven’t got it! It’s going to be one of those trophies I give up on, but it’s such a shame as last one for platinum 

10 hours ago, cuthbert23 said:

Yup and still x months later I still haven’t got it! It’s going to be one of those trophies I give up on, but it’s such a shame as last one for platinum 

I actually unlocked it one day after my post. Took me about 4 hours total. Piece of shit trophy 

• Like 1

Reading this thread gives me a lot of delight. 

Almost as as good as reading about people struggling with Super Meat Boy, Vanquish’s Challenge 6, Oh Sir! The Insult Simulator’s Say No More trophy, and the Dunwall City DLC from Dishonored 1. 

Been on the fence with this game. The videos definitely show a lot of RNG is needed. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

In my game only 3 line up outside near the machine there is always only one that shoots me, the two black suits of the video never align neither if the shots nor if you use flashbang I will be at 400 attempts more or less stop game shit

• 9 months later...

I was finally able to get 4 double downs this morning (i even got 5), and then the guy i needed to defend got blown to pieces by an exploding truck in the middle, I KID YOU NOT! Anyway, i will try again this afternoon and im sure i will get it.

Ok, after countless attempts i found this to be the most consistent way of getting the trophy, it requires a bit of skills and almost no luck:

• 1: the obvious 2 guys on the right in the beginning, easy
  • 2: after killing the first 5 enemies, 2 more come running in 1 by 1. Immediatly switch to the scorpion and shoot the first enemy once or twice without killing him to soften him up and make him stay in the middle of the two cars, then quickly switch to the sniper and shoot when the second enemy runs past/behind him. If this fails, restart game. 
  • 3: when moving to the room with the 3 black suits in there, kill the one that runs out with the Scorpion, throw a flashbang into the room. Weaken the left guy with 1-2 Scorpion bullets, take sniper and position yourself on the right side of the room, line up the enemies and kill them, restart if you do not have the 3 double kills up untill here. For the final double kill you have a few opportunities, of which nr 4 is the most consistent one:
  • 4: best opportunity is when you have killed the balcony guys on the left, 3 suits Will run down the stairs near the middle. The first one Will kinda take cover behind a concrete Block and aim at the guy you need to defend. Line up a headshot with your sniper and wait for the second or third suited guy to run behind him to secure your fourth double kill. 

*optional 5: if you miss the above shot, after killing the balcony guy on the right some more suits run in from the middle. Same strategy applies as for nr 4, but this requires more luck as the time window to aim and make the double kill is shorter.

*optional 6: in the end, 2 People jump of the truck, wait for 2-3 seconds and as they start moving, then take the shot, this requires some luck as they tend to bump into each other.

Edit1: I played on the unpatched version of the game on easy difficulty

Edit2: I just got the trophy - will synch later on today for proof - took me 10 more tries (most of them because i failed the second double kill). In the end i got the trophy by getting doubles at 1,2,3 and 6 :)

To all others in pursuit of this trophy, good hunting!

Edited by second_god
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...