Real Life Rewards

Meatball841

I've been thinking about doing this and wondering if anyone else is. Do you get yourself some kind of real-world trophy once you platinum or 100% a game? If so what are some of the things you have gotten? Like I love hunting cause once I get the plat I feel like I can put that game to rest knowing I've done everything the developer wanted me to do. But lately, I've been wanting to get myself something to commemorate me beating a certain game. 

11 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Not for games, but for other stuff I achieve, I usually buy myself a cake and eat it alone. Last semester I got through all the subjects without failing a single one and filled my fat ass with a cake after the results.

For games, usually just seeing the 100% is enough of a reward for me.

Image result for little britain cake

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I just accept it's a 100%, unless it's a decent one. Then I might end up going to Mcdonalds or something. Idk :dunno:

Edited by The Blakk Vulture
  • Like 1

i just see the reward of some trophy points and the possibility of starting another game. that's the reward out of it, i can't down sweets as much as i used to (i don't have the willpower for it).

Edited by lordguwa

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

Not for games, but for other stuff I achieve, I usually buy myself a cake and eat it alone. Last semester I got through all the subjects without failing a single one and filled my fat ass with a cake after the results.

This is hands down, without question, the most hilarious thing I have read in months. Thanks for the laugh man... :') I literally had to wipe away a tiny but very much existent tear from the corner of my eye.

The mental image just won't go away...

Also to answer the question - no, I don't. It feels a bit absurd to celebrate a platinum with something other than the reward itself - which is the feeling of having beaten the game. I'm not saying trophies don't matter, because why the hell would we be hunting them if they didn't, but let's keep things real here. Just my opinion. But maybe it's because I buy a damn cake whenever I feel like it (which is...never, but you get my point). The reward I get for my accomplishments are all psychological, and that's what matters to me. Feeling less shitty, allowing myself a moment of pride.

Edited by SinisterPledge
  • Like 2

No, I've never done this before nor will I ever. If you feel like you have the need to reward yourself for earning a trophy, then you should probably be playing something else imo. Trophies themselves are supposed to be the reward for doing something great in a game. If that's not fulfilling enough, then why go after it at all? Seems silly to reward yourself for getting a reward, but I could be alone on this one since I am in no way, shape, or form, a completionist. 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Grammar
  • Like 1

For games, I don't do anything although if buying a new game to plat next counts, then that's all I've done so far. I also screenshot it, post it on Twitter and send it to my mum who doesn't know anything about gaming and calls everything a nintendo ? She has no clue what I'm talking about but I still tell her lol.

In real life, if I achieve something I like to celebrate with buying new clothes, going out for drinks with friends or a trip abroad or even visiting another city. When I passed my driving test on my 3rd attempt (which is super difficult here in the UK), my parents bought be champagne. 

I usually just feel really proud of myself for finishing a game. I sometimes tell my mom about it but I know she doesn't care. But because I put up with her explaining her quilting projects to me, she gets to listen to my gaming exploits. Though sometimes I may reward myself with some extra ice cream or something.

I like to buy myself some firey ginger beer whenever I do something great, go beyond my comfort zone, do well at the gym or have a very productive week. I love the dragon breath I get from it. It's very rare that I would do something like this for a platinum, but I might if it was incredibly long and hard. The pride is usually enough anyway. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...