If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

I would delete my cousin's games for sure. They're hidden, but I'd still like to get rid of them completely.

Only one of mine I'd get rid of is CoD Advanced Warfare for the PS3. I needed to confirm something for the guide here and even though I could just plat it again I don't really have plans to unless I'm really bored or need a filler plat lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Van-Helsings said:

I've actually given some thoughts to this: what if one day we could delete trophies, but thing is, i actually dont know, I would want to delete games with unobtainable plats but then doing so would mess up my trophy log and my milestones...

It's a good point but if you have played a game that you wouldnt have otherwise played, say because it has an unobtainable platinum, then that is already artificially changing what your real milestones would have been.

I dont like the thought of changing my milestones either but at least that's how I could justify it.

Normally I would say No, but there is a single exception that I know of on my profile that I would love to get rid of... Dragon Fin Soup, All because the game was released broken, given away free as a PS+ Game, Will never get fixed. 0% Completion Rate - It needs to go.

4 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Only if it's unobtainable, otherwise we would all have perfect profiles. So, aside from what i said, bad idea.

I don't care about perfect profiles, just the one exception I posted.

• Like 1

I'd just delete AdVenture Capitalist cause I can't work out why I even installed it. It's just a shitty freemium clicker. I guess I thought I could get the trophies easily by changing the dates, but it took too long and I gave up.

• Like 1

In a heartbeat. I'd like for my trophy list to only contain the games I liked enough to keep in my collection. Nothing more, nothing less. My list has a lot of trophies earned by my brother anyway and I already hid all of the ones I'd delete anyway, so it wouldn't even mess with my milestones.

7 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

What an incredibly lame notion. I really hope they don't add this feature. And no, I wouldn't. When you start a game you make a commitment to finish the game, or fail trying. Rarity already has questionable relevance to determine difficulty, and with this change it would make it entirely unnecessary to track. I realize that there are valid reasons for wanting to remove a list, but it would be just be abused. Don't do it Sony.

A lot of people with high completion percentages use alternate accounts to try new games on. What I'm suggesting isn't any different.

• Like 3

Just now, DaikichiKawachi said:

A lot of people with high completion percentages use alternate accounts to try new games on. What I'm suggesting isn't any different.

Good thing I haven't defended that then, or I'd be in trouble. ;) They are different though. You're being cautions about what you add to your list, instead of regretting choices you've made down the line. Not saying I approve or would do that either.