If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

It's all fun and games until someone hacks your account and delete all trophies. Unless deleted trophies can be restored.

On 16/12/2019 at 4:07 PM, Kamurotetsu said:

Probably not, I've no shame with Killzone 2 at 0% I played for 15 minutes ?

You can delete it though.

Edited by XXIIlII
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, XXIIlII said:

It's all fun and games until someone hacks your account and delete all trophies. Unless deleted trophies can be restored.

That's why it will never happen because as soon as you could delete trophies we'd start seeing horror stories posted. 

That said, if I could delete trophies without fear of hacking I would remove any game in which I have only one trophy and don't really want to play again. 

I haven't read every reply so if someone has said this already just ignore...  There just should be an option to disable trophies in the game menu before you start a new game.  Too many people miss out on so many good games because of trophies that can't get or don't want to get.  With this option you can play the game and enjoy it, like the good old days of gaming before all the trophy and achievements started.  And if you want trophies later on, then enable them.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LrryLegend said:

There just should be an option to disable trophies in the game menu before you start a new game. 

Just play on an alternate account for the same effect. 

On Topic: I think it would be hilarious if this were to happen. The chaos would be epic. 

Playstation 3 and later PS gaming is probably less than 10 percent of my total gaming history so it’s permanently incomplete anyway. There isn’t anything *right now* that I’d delete, but then again, I don’t have problems hiding games on my own profile for whoever reason I want to. 

I think I would rather a profile showcase to show off the trophies of the games we enjoyed playing the most.  I have a lot of unobtainable plats like Destiny of Spirits, Gwent, Portal 2, etc... but I don't think I would ever decide to delete them.  I'm like others earlier in this thread, I like them regardless because it shows my PlayStation gaming history.

That said, I don't dislike the idea of trophy deletion, however, I would be extremely worried that all my lists would be deleted if a hacker with ill intent wanted to do so.  (2-step is a lifesaver)

I'd delete a lot.

1% Games, cause those are the ones that give you trophies for just starting the damn game (Now I started working on them to at least get the trophies that are still obtainable)

Sports titles, I normally play them when a friends over.

And well... a lot of unobtainable trophies.

e.g. GWENT, GTA V (PS3)

cause even though the servers are online, they removed some featers, making the platinum impossible

Also Killzone 3, that I'm actually working on. Cause before the server closure I tried to get the online trophies so I could platinum it later. Got all of the main game except for one "Get a win in all Online Modes" which I did. The servers were so bad though, it didn't save my stats so I didn't get the trophy.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Just play on an alternate account for the same effect. 

It wouldn't be the same effect for me since I've never played a game on a second account in its entirety.  Maybe a lot of people do play games all the way through on their alternate accounts I don't know.  I've used my second account for boosting groups in some situations.  So to have the ability to use my main account to disable/enable trophies would be a nice change, at least for me.  But that's probably not going to happen.  

On 5/8/2019 at 7:22 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

I wish there was an elegant way to hide trophies that didn't lump you in with the cheaters.

If PS5 offered the option to delete trophies I would probably cull about a quarter of all my earned trophies. Mostly I would just delete games I didn't really care for and that includes at least 3 platinums (Coffin Dodgers, Dying Reborn, The Little Acre). I would also delete my Sound Shapes stack because I don't like that I didn't really earn it a second time.

As long as I liked the game I would keep it, even those that I have an E ranking in but there has been a ton of games that I've tried, earned a few trophies in and decided I didn't like . There has also been games that others have started playing on my Playstation (Brave, Fallout New Vegas). Those would all go.

What do you guys think? Would you delete trophies if PS5 had that option? What would be your rules for deciding what is removed?

Why not just hide the games you didn't care for? And why would you do the plats if you don't care?

I would not. I have no shame in the bunch of games that I have F rankings on (no trophies earned), since most of those are due to installing the game, booting up the game so it would be added to my trophy list, and not playing them again (put on the backlog as I worked through other games). I intend to get back to most of those games I have a F-ranking on, so it does not bother me too much.

Now if I really had to, I would delete the existence (and no trophies earned) of both Overwatch and Fallout 76 from my PSN trophy list. Only played Overwatch five times for roughly one hour (all offline training mode stuff, never played online due to not feeling confident in my abilities), and never made it past the main menu for Fallout 76 (got hit with that damn 51GB Day One patch, which would have taken 16 hours with my crappy DSL internet to download, so I never bothered to go through with it and sold the game less than three days later).

My reasoning for deleting both from my trophy lists would be I have no interest in playing either game (especially Fallout 76, which has devolved into a major train wreck with all of the bugs, glitches, and issues the game has had since launch). Bethesda can't seem to find a way to fix this disaster of a game without making things worse. See below:

Spoiler

Edited by MossyOakRcn42
Added videos

27 minutes ago, MossyOakRcn42 said:

I would not. I have no shame in the bunch of games that I have F rankings on (no trophies earned), since most of those are due to installing the game, booting up the game so it would be added to my trophy list, and not playing them again (put on the backlog as I worked through other games). I intend to get back to most of those games I have a F-ranking on, so it does not bother me too much.

Now if I really had to, I would delete the existence (and no trophies earned) of both Overwatch and Fallout 76 from my PSN trophy list. Only played Overwatch five times for roughly one hour (all offline training mode stuff, never played online due to not feeling confident in my abilities), and never made it past the main menu for Fallout 76 (got hit with that damn 51GB Day One patch, which would have taken 16 hours with my crappy DSL internet to download, so I never bothered to go through with it and sold the game less than three days later).

My reasoning for deleting both from my trophy lists would be I have no interest in playing either game (especially Fallout 76, which has devolved into a major train wreck with all of the bugs, glitches, and issues the game has had since launch). Bethesda can't seem to find a way to fix this disaster of a game without making things worse. See below:

Reveal hidden contents

Fallout 76 I got the plat and did not touch it again. Played off and on and got worse. I have yet to go back to it.  Been a couple months since I played it. And people have made 76 bad with people killing people now with one hit kill

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 2:34 PM, snakebit10 said:

No, I think of my profile of a journey of were I started and were I currently am. It isn't finished yet. Sometimes I like to revisit the places I have visited and some of the places I don't want to revisit.

All in all I am satisfied with what I have done so far.

Same here, some times i like to see all my trophy list and remember the good times i spend in all of those games, even in games that i dont have the platinum i have some really good stories i wish to remember from time to time.

• Like 1

Yes I would especially my Walking Dead and Sound Shapes stacks it gets a bit annoying seeing the same game 3x every time I look back on my trophies. It would suck for the milestones but honestly I'd rather have those games deleted they are a pain to see every time I look through my trophy lists. There are some other games I would delete too mostly some old PS3 and Vita games that had their servers shut down, and some free to play games on PS4 too. Yeah yeah I know it's a history of my gaming life but after trophy hunting for so many years I think what gets people jaded or burned out of trophy hunting is the fact that eventually everyone plays that one game they regret. Then they're stuck with it on their profile forever with no way to delete it. I mean could you imagine if you could delete a trophy list off your profile no matter the percentage, suddenly you wouldn't be afraid to try any game you wanted. Finished the campaign of that one game you got on ps plus only to discover the multiplayer takes 500+ hours to finish, no problem delete it and platinum something else. At least for me it would be a breath of fresh air, researching every single game I'm interested in to see if there are any glitched, unobtainable, or grindy trophies gets tiresome after so long. 

So TL;DR Yes I would delete trophies if PS5 allowed it. 

• Like 1