If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

I use trophies both as a fun thing to achieve at the time and a museum for past accomplishments (or failures) that keeps a game alive in my mind. 

If s game was so bad that I only got a start up trophy them couldn't stomach playing anymore, well, that's a memory too.

As you can see from my profile, I have no shame in dropping a game if I believe it's bad, and don't have an OCD to have a high completion rank.

As such, no, I wouldn't want to use an option to delete trophies/games from my history.

• Like 1

I can think of no reason to delete trophies.... and deleting trophies is an option on ps4.

3 minutes ago, simpjkee said:

I can think of no reason to delete trophies.... and deleting trophies is an option on ps4.

Wait a sec... maybe you can only delete trophy sets that are at 0%. I know I've done that on my ps4 or the ps app. One of the two.

17 minutes ago, simpjkee said:

Wait a sec... maybe you can only delete trophy sets that are at 0%. I know I've done that on my ps4 or the ps app. One of the two.

It used to be on all Sony platforms including the App, but now it is either PS4 only or the feature has long been terminated. 

Personally, the 0%s can be hidden away rather than deleted. Hiding trophies is already enough.

I'm happy with where my profile is so I wouldn't change a thing.

I'm selective about what I play because my gaming time is limited so I always try to make sure it's a game I'll enjoy as I stick to one game until I finish it before moving on, for example, I started Assassin's Creed Odysessy at the start of Novemeber & I still haven't even finished the main game yet. 

I don't have the time or money to waste on games that aren't for me, especially with the backlog I actually have compared to what I have the time to play.

I have around physical 8 games (& a few more digital) in my backlog that I consider must play games for me along with a few others I've picked up on sales. To top that off, the first half of 2020 is huge for me with some of the games coming out so I won't be experimenting with anything new for quite some time.

No.  Sometimes I think it would be good to delete a few crap games I played years ago and just couldn't get into that will forever have to stay there with 1 trophy which is annoying.  But then again, I do quite like going back and revisiting those games sometimes and seeing if my feelings have changed, and sometimes I discover a whole new love for them.  Plus I have alot of milestone trophies I wouldn't want to mess up.  And above all else, what kind of trophy hunter would I be deleting a trophy!?

• Like 1

I wouldn't delete any trophies at all, however I would take advantage of the option and play games that have glitched lobbies and hackers such as Red Dead Redemption and GTA and others I can't remember the name of if they do something to hack the trophies for me so I can re attempt the trophies instead of needing to hide it on my list or avoiding the online at all. 

Trophy hunters are an absolute minority and adding this feature would only cause unnecessary work for Sony support. They would have to create a guideline on what and when can be deleted; this alone would cause problems and everyone has a different idea about the rules.

Even adding the option to delete only games where 100% is no longer obtainable would require someone at Sony to actually check and verify it.

I'm on the fence on this one.

For once, I have some PSN games (PS Home and Spartacus Legends) that have their servers shut down, so they are incomplete.

But then again, they somehow define me as the gamer I am, they kind of say something about me, what games I like or dislike, how much effort I put into them, etc.

As a side note, I'd like to call out all the people in this thread that dissed on those who would like the idea of removing trophies from their profiles for "perfectionist" reasons only. They are not phonies nor a minority. Hell, why would this site allow and promote something like the "boosting sessions" where everyone there goes after a particular trophy or a ser of trophies (minus the people who just create "just for fun" sessions)?

Or what about the numerous threads about people asking for servers of a game to come back for trophy hunting sakes? What's with the "Know servers shutting down" topic?

If trophies were just a cosmetic display for everyone, there wouldn't be such things, don't you think?

EDIT: just recently got the platinum in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, and after it popped I thought to myself "Damn! Should have recorded it". That would be a valid reason for me to erase a trophy.

Edited by Ghanupher

This is actually not a bad idea. You could wipe any trophy that asshat modders pop for you in notoriously modded games like Call of Duty: World at War. Or trophies you didn't earn yourself (such as those obtained by the evil PSNProfiles Save File Cousins/Brothers/whatever). So yeah, I say it's a fine idea.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:05 PM, theSpirae said:

Trophy hunters are an absolute minority and adding this feature would only cause unnecessary work for Sony support. They would have to create a guideline on what and when can be deleted; this alone would cause problems and everyone has a different idea about the rules.

Even adding the option to delete only games where 100% is no longer obtainable would require someone at Sony to actually check and verify it.

Trophy hunters are an absolute minority ?

Are you sure?

2 hours ago, Danine92 said:

Are you sure?

Yes, check the number of copies the games sell (easily in millions), check how many people have it here on PSN (usually a couple thousand) and compare. If people are serious trophy hunters, then you can easily deduce they are using this site, if not all, then at least majority. And not all those who are here on PSN are serious trophy hunters and don't purchase games based on trophies.

3 hours ago, Danine92 said:

Are you sure?

I don't think he is trying to be mean, he is just stating the facts.

As of December 2019 there are about 103 million monthly active users (Trophy hunters and all included). On PSN Profiles there are over 4 million subscribers. Let's double that number in favor of Trophy Hunters and assume there are 9 million hunters.

Now all we have to do is to decide if 9 million in 100 million is a minority or not.