If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

5 hours ago, Danine92 said:

Trophy hunters are an absolute minority ?

Are you sure?

I just got a 0.1% (PSN) trophy, which is a 1.52% trophy on PSNP. It would be even less, but 0.1 is the lowest PSN shows. Most platinums are ultra-rare on PSN. And outside of PSNP people are like "penis meter!" or "You have no life." or "Search for a hobby!" or "omg loser" or "Guess you have no girlfriend" or "Thanks for confirming that you are unemployed" or whatever, when you mention that you like it to collect trophies. Everyone is going to bully you. So, yeah, trophy hunters are the minority.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Neputyunu said:

And outside of PSNP people are like "penis meter!" or "You have no life." or "Search for a hobby!" or "omg loser" or "Guess you have no girlfriend" or "Thanks for confirming that you are unemployed" or whatever, when you mention that you like it to collect trophies. Everyone is going to bully you.

hate to say it but if people say things like that to you it's probably not because of gaming/trophy hunting...likely they're just using it as an excuse to be honest or because they're jealous of you're successes and their lack of self-esteem forces them to look down on others to feel better about themselves... haha...

on topic: the only time I'd consider deleting trophies would be to earn them again for an awesome game...highly unlikely though since there are so many great titles I have yet to play and I look forward to playing new stuff eternally...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 3

On 1/14/2020 at 1:00 PM, Neputyunu said:

I just got a 0.1% (PSN) trophy, which is a 1.52% trophy on PSNP. It would be even less, but 0.1 is the lowest PSN shows. Most platinums are ultra-rare on PSN. And outside of PSNP people are like "penis meter!" or "You have no life." or "Search for a hobby!" or "omg loser" or "Guess you have no girlfriend" or "Thanks for confirming that you are unemployed" or whatever, when you mention that you like it to collect trophies. Everyone is going to bully you. So, yeah, trophy hunters are the minority.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:12 PM, ProfBambam55 said:

hate to say it but if people say things like that to you it's probably not because of gaming/trophy hunting...likely they're just using it as an excuse to be honest or because they're jealous of you're successes and their lack of self-esteem forces them to look down on others to feel better about themselves... haha...

on topic: the only time I'd consider deleting trophies would be to earn them again for an awesome game...highly unlikely though since there are so many great titles I have yet to play and I look forward to playing new stuff eternally...

They're not worth your time.

People who pick on others because they enjoy something that isn't popular or they think that these other people have no life, not worth the time and effort. They are trolls.

It's really a bunch of childish nonsense. I used to be affected by that stuff back when I was a teenager, but over a decade later I honestly couldn't care less. Don't let other people you don't know bring you down, keep your head up and move on from them.

• Like 3

It really upsets me this isn't a feature anyway, I have a couple hidden games with closed servers or a few FIFA games in my list I've never even owned, my buddy came over n we'd play 2 player while we drank before a night out, yet those games stain my list and I can never remove then because why? Think it's linked to the fact that every trophy earned is adding to your overall trophy level on psn, but removing them would only lower our level so it's not like that should be an issue, I don't know

I got excited years ago when they implemented the ability to 'hide' trophy sets, only to them get frustrated it only hides them from other people if they were to view your profile, so stupid

Another thing is the alphabetical list was never a feature for ps4

Not that this even matters cos trophy lists are all named inconsistently so I shake my head at why they don't allow us to rename our sets, as like a personal skin over the real name of the set, basically I want full customisation over my trophy list, after all besides my family my trophy list is basically my life lol 11 years of work on something I can't even change the name of or delete certain things, Hell even change fonts or the thumbnail images, why the **** not

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Despite agreeing that it would kinda falsify the trophy history, I would totally do it! 

I don't mind having games in my list where the platinum is unoptainable, or where I simply lack the skill/patience to go for 100%. But there are some games I played and genuinely did not enjoy and those are sitting in my trophy list with 2-5% progress and I'll obviously never go back to playing those.

I hid all of them. I didn't hide PES2013 (yet) for whatever reason, but it's a perfect example: a football/soccer game where I didn't enjoy the new game mechanics. Played match, won match, *trophy popped*, never played again. 

Again it's a personal preference after all. If they added the function to delete trophies, no one would be forced to do so anyway.

Also, I can't really think of a disadvantage (but correct me if I'm wrong). 

On 1/7/2020 at 6:05 AM, theSpirae said:

Trophy hunters are an absolute minority and adding this feature would only cause unnecessary work for Sony support. They would have to create a guideline on what and when can be deleted; this alone would cause problems and everyone has a different idea about the rules.

Even adding the option to delete only games where 100% is no longer obtainable would require someone at Sony to actually check and verify it.

Moreover, there are plenty of trophy hunters who do NOT want to implement any sort of trophy deletion system. So, not only is it more work for Sony, but it hardly has consensus among the community it is supposed to serve.

6 hours ago, Hakoom said:

and i wish they also remove the hidden feature

Agree here, too.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/01/2020 at 5:05 AM, Hakoom said:

a BIg fat NO..
its pointless to delete trophies.. unless they are 0%

and i wish they also remove the hidden feature

I agree about the 0% games, because i didn't had the PS3 when it first came out, i bought one recently, and some game were already been installed, then, i opened some of those games and, they were all dead, like Ace Combat Infinity, Gran Turismo 5, Tekken Tag Tournament and others, and my PSVita also, i downloaded some games back in 2015, but never really played then, like Invokers Tournament, so, because of that, i have some 0% games that i never cared and will never even have the chance to play then, GT5 at least, i can still enjoy and play, but for those games, they should be delisted.

Edited by Givaldo150

I got late into the achievement hunting game, so... I'd probably end up deleting a few games, yeah, but not every single thing. Some I'm happy to have on my profile but there's more than enough stuff that's currently wasted away because the servers are offline and whatnot.

I would use that feature a round total of: 1 time.

Welcome Park fucked me over hard when trophies started popping with no timestamps even when I had set both a date and time before the Vita sent me straight to playing the game for some odd reason. I’ll never forgive Sony for that.

Since Plants vs Zombies GW2 closed their community events and made the 100% unobtainable, I've gone back and forth on the idea of deleting trophies, given it's now my first unobtainable game (sat on 98%). The situation is all the more frustrating for me as I completed the requirements for the trophy I'm missing, it just glitched and didn't pop.

But the more I think about it, the more I hope we never get the option of deleting them, beyond the 0% games we can currently remove. Warts and all, your trophy progress details your gaming history, good and bad, and if we were all to just have 100% in the games we finished but delete the rest, I imagine it would skew the system? 

Just gotta learn to accept we won't all have the perfect account, and there's absolutely no shame in it.

I am one who believes we should be able to delete any trophy list we want. Heck, we should even be able to delete any individual trophy we want from any single game (al though I wouldn't argue with someone over that second point lol). I have stated my (very logical and hard to argue with) points in the past, so all I'm going to say here is this:

At the very least, we should be able to choose whether we want to even earn trophies in the first place for a game. I wish there was an option to completely turn off a trophy list for games. Basically you buy a game, install it and before starting up the game, you choose whether you even want the trophy list to appear/be a thing. When they first came out with the option the delete 0% games, I thought maybe when you start up a game, get that 0% on the trophy list for that game, that when you deleted that 0%, the next time you start up the game, the trophy list wouldn't even appear at all and you could just play the game as if trophies didn't even exist for that game. That's what we should be allowed to do.

What I wrote above is completely unbiased toward anyone's situation and fair for all. For example; I used to trophy hunt, then i stopped for a few years and now I'm back to completing trophy lists for games. Well that situation/scenario is not true for everyone, so I can't go and make suggestions that only benefit me. Hence what I wrote in the above paragraph fits everyone's situation/scenario fairly and without messing up stats.