DaikichiKawachi

If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

281 posts in this topic

Nope, they are part of my gaming record.

I only hidden one game because wasn't mine and was tried on my console.

3 hours ago, Danine92 said:

Trophy hunters are an absolute minority ?

Are you sure?

I don't think he is trying to be mean, he is just stating the facts.

As of December 2019 there are about 103 million monthly active users (Trophy hunters and all included). On PSN Profiles there are over 4 million subscribers. Let's double that number in favor of Trophy Hunters and assume there are 9 million hunters.

Now all we have to do is to decide if 9 million in 100 million is a minority or not.

5 hours ago, Danine92 said:

Trophy hunters are an absolute minority ?

Are you sure?

I just got a 0.1% (PSN) trophy, which is a 1.52% trophy on PSNP. It would be even less, but 0.1 is the lowest PSN shows. Most platinums are ultra-rare on PSN. And outside of PSNP people are like "penis meter!" or "You have no life." or "Search for a hobby!" or "omg loser" or "Guess you have no girlfriend" or "Thanks for confirming that you are unemployed" or whatever, when you mention that you like it to collect trophies. Everyone is going to bully you. So, yeah, trophy hunters are the minority.

12 minutes ago, Neputyunu said:

And outside of PSNP people are like "penis meter!" or "You have no life." or "Search for a hobby!" or "omg loser" or "Guess you have no girlfriend" or "Thanks for confirming that you are unemployed" or whatever, when you mention that you like it to collect trophies. Everyone is going to bully you.

hate to say it but if people say things like that to you it's probably not because of gaming/trophy hunting...likely they're just using it as an excuse to be honest or because they're jealous of you're successes and their lack of self-esteem forces them to look down on others to feel better about themselves... haha...

on topic: the only time I'd consider deleting trophies would be to earn them again for an awesome game...highly unlikely though since there are so many great titles I have yet to play and I look forward to playing new stuff eternally...

Edited by ProfBambam55

On 1/14/2020 at 1:00 PM, Neputyunu said:

I just got a 0.1% (PSN) trophy, which is a 1.52% trophy on PSNP. It would be even less, but 0.1 is the lowest PSN shows. Most platinums are ultra-rare on PSN. And outside of PSNP people are like "penis meter!" or "You have no life." or "Search for a hobby!" or "omg loser" or "Guess you have no girlfriend" or "Thanks for confirming that you are unemployed" or whatever, when you mention that you like it to collect trophies. Everyone is going to bully you. So, yeah, trophy hunters are the minority.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:12 PM, ProfBambam55 said:

hate to say it but if people say things like that to you it's probably not because of gaming/trophy hunting...likely they're just using it as an excuse to be honest or because they're jealous of you're successes and their lack of self-esteem forces them to look down on others to feel better about themselves... haha...

on topic: the only time I'd consider deleting trophies would be to earn them again for an awesome game...highly unlikely though since there are so many great titles I have yet to play and I look forward to playing new stuff eternally...

They're not worth your time.

People who pick on others because they enjoy something that isn't popular or they think that these other people have no life, not worth the time and effort. They are trolls.

It's really a bunch of childish nonsense. I used to be affected by that stuff back when I was a teenager, but over a decade later I honestly couldn't care less. Don't let other people you don't know bring you down, keep your head up and move on from them.

It really upsets me this isn't a feature anyway, I have a couple hidden games with closed servers or a few FIFA games in my list I've never even owned, my buddy came over n we'd play 2 player while we drank before a night out, yet those games stain my list and I can never remove then because why? Think it's linked to the fact that every trophy earned is adding to your overall trophy level on psn, but removing them would only lower our level so it's not like that should be an issue, I don't know

I got excited years ago when they implemented the ability to 'hide' trophy sets, only to them get frustrated it only hides them from other people if they were to view your profile, so stupid

Another thing is the alphabetical list was never a feature for ps4

Not that this even matters cos trophy lists are all named inconsistently so I shake my head at why they don't allow us to rename our sets, as like a personal skin over the real name of the set, basically I want full customisation over my trophy list, after all besides my family my trophy list is basically my life lol 11 years of work on something I can't even change the name of or delete certain things, Hell even change fonts or the thumbnail images, why the **** not