If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

8 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

Why are you guys so against having options? I am not saying it is a necessity but having it as an optional feature doesn't hurt anyone. It is in the end your own profile, sure you can hide whatever you don't want in your list (but you still can see it). 

It could actually also be limited as some people mentioned in this thread, let us delete 1 or 2 lists per year so it doesn't get abused. As mentioned, someone could had joined a random lobby and get em hacked, some will shut down servers so you have an incomplete list forever, someone would had used a gamesave a decade ago and unlocked a bunch in a row.

I know I am just rambling around for something that won't ever happen but still, I would be open to the idea. Let us customize and control our profile however we see it fit.

I am not against the idea but try to change your point of view as a company or as a developer, do you think that you should invest money and time for a change that may not be that easy to do?

You have to see if it is a necessaty for more of the 50% of active players, etc. 

That's what I am talking about, if you want to have a good trophy profile then we would think in our next steps before playing or buying anything. If you don't care about trophy, then it would be easier for you to play anything. 

I am "trophy hunter" too, not those "I played whatever thing I can" trophy hunter, and I care about trophies but I understand that this kind of thing should not be something to be done. 

I hope you understand my POV. 

Edited by Carttagos
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Carttagos said:

I am not against the idea but try to change your point of view as a company or as a developer, do you think that you should invest money and time for a change that may not be that easy to do?

You have to see if it is a necessaty for more of the 50% of active players, etc. 

That's what I am talking about, if you want to have a good trophy profile then we would think in our next steps before playing or buying anything. If you don't care about trophy, then it would be easier for you to play anything. 

I am "trophy hunter" too, not those "I played whatever thing I can" trophy hunter, and I care about trophies but I understand that this kind of thing should not be something to be done. 

I hope you understand my POV. 

I do see your point and its respectable. I do also think before starting anything on my list, years ago I played anything to boost my level but sometimes I do regret playing the shitty 5 minute plat trophy games but those are stuck there now. I know this is just "first world problems" rambling but hey... 

At the end of the day, this is highly unlikely to ever happen for many reasons already stated in the thread

Edited by MichMasteR
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MichMasteR said:

You could argue there is no point on trophies... same thing applies

No one really cares about what you finish or what not, still don't understand why this would actually affect others.

You comparing 2 way irrelevant subjects... when you play a port of a game, lets say Resident Evil 4. You are still playing the game again, you still are getting the same trophies for it. You didn't delete it from your memory but you are doing it again, same thing applies here.

Lotta things have no point if we want to look it that way. But games have rules, and trophies are part of games, or a game per se.

When we play a game, any game - chess, videogames, cards - there are rules that make the game fun and fair. If everyone decides of their own rules, there is no point in playing, and the fun and fairness goes away.

Edited by bosstristan

1 hour ago, bosstristan said:

Lotta things have no point if we want to look it that way. But games have rules, and trophies are part of games, or a game per se.

When we play a game, any game - chess, videogames, cards - there are rules that make the game fun and fair. If everyone decides of their own rules, there is no point in playing, and the fun and fairness goes away.

Sony or Microsoft can create their own rules for this you know? But we wouldn't get nowhere keeping on discussing this. I stated my opinion, you did yours. 

2 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

Sony or Microsoft can create their own rules for this you know? But we wouldn't get nowhere keeping on discussing this. I stated my opinion, you did yours. 

So anyone could. Softening the rules too much is never a good choice in terms of game design.

9 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

Trophies or achievements have nothing to do with game design...

Of course it does. They are part of game design, externally of the said game, yes, but still are.

Trophies are even used in non game contexts as well - that's what we call Gamification. (Uber for instance)

Just now, bosstristan said:

Of course it does. They are part of game design, externally of the said game, yes, but still are.

Trophies are even used in non game contexts as well - that's what we call Gamification. (Uber for instance)

If Nintendo looked at this post they would actually be laughing...

But I will agree with you partially, Ratalaika's game design is indeed surrounded on trophy hunters... they are just pay 10 dollars for a free platinum trophy games. If you come out and tell me games like Bioshock, GTA, Final Fantasy, etc are designed for achievements and trophies, man you live in a delusional world.

25 minutes ago, MichMasteR said:

If Nintendo looked at this post they would actually be laughing...

But I will agree with you partially, Ratalaika's game design is indeed surrounded on trophy hunters... they are just pay 10 dollars for a free platinum trophy games. If you come out and tell me games like Bioshock, GTA, Final Fantasy, etc are designed for achievements and trophies, man you live in a delusional world.

I didn't say game were designed FOR achievements. I said that including achievements was designing game mechanics. 

Any trophy that i myself earned, i would never delete in a million years. whether the game is good or bad completed or not, i earned them all and wouldn't sacrifice any of them just to tidy up my list. there is however a madden game on my profile that has a few trophies for it. my brother earned those cause his ps4 was broken. those, i would delete.

On 05/04/2020 at 9:42 AM, Kiyan-13 said:

IAlso, I would like to delete one of my 2 hidden games, Digimon Cyber Sleuth. I bought it for my brother and and instead of starting it on his account he started it on mine earning some trophies before I realize what he did and making it impossible to delete them. It's not an unobtainable platinum, it just feels wrong to have trophies that I didn't earn by myself. Plus it really ruins my proudful collection :Ρ

I hate this. The wife earned a trophy for me once as she accidentally logged in to my account (I now have it password protected, just so accidents don’t happen). I had to play the game until the point if the trophy (luckily it was an early story based unmissable). Fortunately I don’t have completionist syndrome, as i then immediately dropped the game.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I hate this. The wife earned a trophy for me once as she accidentally logged in to my account (I now have it password protected, just so accidents don’t happen). I had to play the game until the point if the trophy (luckily it was an early story based unmissable). Fortunately I don’t have completionist syndrome, as i then immediately dropped the game.

Password protected within your console? I mean, it asks you a password to login after turning your console on? Didn't know that was a thing o.o?

Edited by Kiyan-13

15 hours ago, Kiyan-13 said:

Password protected within your console? I mean, it asks you a password to login after turning your console on? Didn't know that was a thing o.o?

? I can log in to any account on my console which doesn’t have a password. Which is why I added a password to mine to stop her accidentally logging in again. Not sure what you mean about a password when you turn the PS4 on.

15 hours ago, Kiyan-13 said:

It’s rather a PIN, you can input a 4 button combination to protect your account from being entered for free in your console (specially for kids not messing your things).

• Like 2

There three games I would delete from my list. Loadout and Orcs Must die because the servers are closed, and Elder Scrolls online. I'm a big fan of TES series but I just couldn't get into that game no matter what.

At the end of the day, I consider trophies as an extra bonus and I don't play the games to get trophies. If I get them, great. If I don't feel like playing the game anymore, I'm fine leaving it at 10%, 70%, whatever percentage. So whether they allow it or not doesn't matter much to me. However, I believe Sony will never introduce this option.

2 hours ago, theSpirae said:

There three games I would delete from my list. Loadout and Orcs Must die because the servers are closed, and Elder Scrolls online. I'm a big fan of TES series but I just couldn't get into that game no matter what.

At the end of the day, I consider trophies as an extra bonus and I don't play the games to get trophies. If I get them, great. If I don't feel like playing the game anymore, I'm fine leaving it at 10%, 70%, whatever percentage. So whether they allow it or not doesn't matter much to me. However, I believe Sony will never introduce this option.

OMG I have ESO in xbox, I even managed to get the Emperor achievement and only had the fishing achiev to complete it 100%... then the amount of expansions that came out just DESTROYED my completion rate for that game. I will never bother trying finishing any of those at all

On 17/04/2020 at 7:54 PM, MichMasteR said:

OMG I have ESO in xbox, I even managed to get the Emperor achievement and only had the fishing achiev to complete it 100%... then the amount of expansions that came out just DESTROYED my completion rate for that game. I will never bother trying finishing any of those at all

That’s why I much prefer trophies, and platinums, to when I used to go for 360 achievements. At least DLC doesn’t take away the plat.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

That’s why I much prefer trophies, and platinums, to when I used to go for 360 achievements. At least DLC doesn’t take away the plat.

I do agree, Microsoft hasn't really done anything to the achievement system in the entire gen (other than the diamond achievements) but differentiating between a complete base game vs DLC hasn't been a thing yet, Sony indeed handles them better

• Like 1