DaikichiKawachi

If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

508 posts in this topic

I would because my family played way too many FPS I don't give a shit about in my account.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a lot of varied opinions but basically I can see all arguments have their valid points. My personal take is no, whether it's good or bad, they should all be displayed. I want to be made fun of a trash game I've played or haven't completed and likewise be inspired to finish the one I haven't. However, one particular reason as to why it would be a good thing, despite how rare it might be, it's duplicates. For example, I have Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 trophies unlocked. However I also have the PS4 remaster version, so I am playing that instead. I actually gave my PS3 copies to a friend. So it's kinda impossible for me to get those trophies unless I hunt down the copy again. Also kinda redundant because I already have it.

 

So tldr, No, but duplicates should go!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would delete 1% completion games that made the mistake of turning on.
But I don't have that problem at the moment :)
I wish they wouldn't lump platinum with DLC that you're not interested in and make them have separate lists that would appear near the game if you played it that is.

Edited by Dark-Hax-
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Not for a perfect completion rate, there are games I love that will probably always be less than 100% and that's ok. But I would love to delete the rubbish games that I will never play.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I’m not a completionist, no. Every menial bronze is a point added to the account. Have a ton of E rank games, wouldn’t take a point away from the total trophy count. Even Dragon Fin Soup. Even Barbie’s Puppy Rescue. They’re mine and no one, not even myself, will EVER take them away from me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it did, my concern would be trolls hacking into accounts and deleting trophy data. If trophy deletion were to be made possible the user should have the ability to reverse the decision just in case. Having said that I would probably only use it on games I completed and want to complete again

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends. On some games where its impossible I may do it but on anything obtainable I'm not gonna delete anything. My goal is to complete every obtainable platinum I have and if I can't delete unobtainable games then that's tough but if I can ill only do like 3 games at most 

Edited by JEDI_BROTHERS
clarification
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to delete trophies. Just make another account. I have a second account that I play and only play the games I KNOW that I can get 100% on. It's nowhere near the level of this account. It's at level 13 right now. But seeing my account with every game at 100% is an awesome feeling! Plus it gives me reason to play through some amazing games all over again to earn the trophies and to see if I can do them faster! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Spaz said:

Deleting will just completely destroy the purpose of trophy hunting in the first place.

This^

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

This^

 

Trophy hunting is just trying to find out how to unlock trophies and then accomplishing those things in games. I don't see how that gets destroyed by letting people delete the trophies they have on their profile..

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to delete some of the games my brother started on my account that I'll never play, such as Call of Duty.  I'm just not into those games and now the trophy lists are on my account cos he couldn't be bothered to make his own.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. I have a few particularly fanservice-y JRPGs on the Vita from years back that I dislike having on my lists and would rather scrub. But eh, it's not a priority.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DaivRules said:

 

Trophy hunting is just trying to find out how to unlock trophies and then accomplishing those things in games. I don't see how that gets destroyed by letting people delete the trophies they have on their profile..

 

 

Because they are removing a part of their history.

 

I think the only case where people can and should delete their trophies is if they earned a few trophies in stuff like Zen Pinball. The DLC was delisted long ago, and nobody goes for the 100 percent unless they're crazy dedicated. Removing a couple E ranks doesn't hurt.

 

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus would be something I would never delete from my profile if I completely finished it.

 

Then again, the people in full support of this on this website aren't much of a trophy hunter to begin with. Those who are against this I see complete most of their games, including myself.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe we should be able to delete lists within a limit, say less than 10% or with a list of less than 5 trophies popped.

There must be thousands of games on people's lists that they give up on within an hour for one reason or another.

It will only be a small proportion of gamers that would be interested though as I guess the vast majority of gamers are not trophy hunters and don't care what trophies they have.

People deleting unfinished lists would make trophies/Platinums less rare too which would upset ultra rare hunters.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, captainskyhawk said:

I believe we should be able to delete lists within a limit, say less than 10% or with a list of less than 5 trophies popped.

There must be thousands of games on people's lists that they give up on within an hour for one reason or another.

It will only be a small proportion of gamers that would be interested though as I guess the vast majority of gamers are not trophy hunters and don't care what trophies they have.

People deleting unfinished lists would make trophies/Platinums less rare too which would upset ultra rare hunters.

 

Since I've read this argument quite a few times... Why recalculate the rarity? There is no need for that. Just don't show the game on my profile. Simple as that. I would imagine my PS5 profile being like a board I can pin games to.

 

To answer the original question - I would probably delete one game for which I have 100 % trophies. Kitten Squad 🐱

 

Edited by BloodyRutz
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would leave my trophies. They are a reminder that I was stupid for putting in the game and not finishing the trophies in time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One game that my girlfriend played before she made her own profile and that I never cared to play, I'd delete that one; it's hidden, but I wish that I could just delete it because I didn't do it.  At least she never went for the Platinum though.  Other than that though, no.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2020 at 7:02 PM, Spaz said:

 

Because they are removing a part of their history.

 

I think the only case where people can and should delete their trophies is if they earned a few trophies in stuff like Zen Pinball. The DLC was delisted long ago, and nobody goes for the 100 percent unless they're crazy dedicated. Removing a couple E ranks doesn't hurt.

 

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus would be something I would never delete from my profile if I completely finished it.

 

Then again, the people in full support of this on this website aren't much of a trophy hunter to begin with. Those who are against this I see complete most of their games, including myself.

I totally agree. Trophies would be pointless if they were to be watered down. There are rules to them, same as when you play a game (videogame or board game) if those rules are loosened, then the game in question loses its point.

 

I agree that some lists could be deleted, such those with impossible/bugged trophies, like Micromachines (I believe) which DLC was never released, but the trophy list was updated with new trophies.

 

Wanting to hide your trophies makes you a rookie trophy hunter. If you can't complete this or this game you chose to buy, then don't hide it. It'll be there on your profile to show that you couldn't complete it. Trophy lists show what the player has and HASN'T achieved.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bosstristan said:

I totally agree. Trophies would be pointless if they were to be watered down. There are rules to them, same as when you play a game (videogame or board game) if those rules are loosened, then the game in question loses its point.

 

I agree that some lists could be deleted, such those with impossible/bugged trophies, like Micromachines (I believe) which DLC was never released, but the trophy list was updated with new trophies.

 

Wanting to hide your trophies makes you a rookie trophy hunter. If you can't complete this or this game you chose to buy, then don't hide it. It'll be there on your profile to show that you couldn't complete it. Trophy lists show what the player has and HASN'T achieved.

 

I automatically dock points if they have hidden trophies. Somebody can have 100 percent completion but have thousands of hidden trophies. Doesn't mean much. A high percentage rate with no hidden trophies is a lot more impressive.

 

Agree with everything else you said.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, if you earn a bronze medal in a sport or you get disqualified, it will stay in your record, you don't erase the medal, you embrace it. Trophies are just like that. The point of trophies is to show what you have completed and what you haven't. If the illminded deleted all the games that were too hard or cant be bothered finishing just so they have 100% completion? 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I had a hard time getting 100% on all my games. I feel it would be unfair for everyone to remove the trophies. it is an act of little Courage.
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.