If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

I saw a lot of varied opinions but basically I can see all arguments have their valid points. My personal take is no, whether it's good or bad, they should all be displayed. I want to be made fun of a trash game I've played or haven't completed and likewise be inspired to finish the one I haven't. However, one particular reason as to why it would be a good thing, despite how rare it might be, it's duplicates. For example, I have Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 trophies unlocked. However I also have the PS4 remaster version, so I am playing that instead. I actually gave my PS3 copies to a friend. So it's kinda impossible for me to get those trophies unless I hunt down the copy again. Also kinda redundant because I already have it.

So tldr, No, but duplicates should go!

• 2 weeks later...

I would delete 1% completion games that made the mistake of turning on.
But I don't have that problem at the moment :)
I wish they wouldn't lump platinum with DLC that you're not interested in and make them have separate lists that would appear near the game if you played it that is.

Edited by Dark-Hax-

Since I’m not a completionist, no. Every menial bronze is a point added to the account. Have a ton of E rank games, wouldn’t take a point away from the total trophy count. Even Dragon Fin Soup. Even Barbie’s Puppy Rescue. They’re mine and no one, not even myself, will EVER take them away from me.

If it did, my concern would be trolls hacking into accounts and deleting trophy data. If trophy deletion were to be made possible the user should have the ability to reverse the decision just in case. Having said that I would probably only use it on games I completed and want to complete again

Depends. On some games where its impossible I may do it but on anything obtainable I'm not gonna delete anything. My goal is to complete every obtainable platinum I have and if I can't delete unobtainable games then that's tough but if I can ill only do like 3 games at most 

Edited by JEDI_BROTHERS
clarification

No need to delete trophies. Just make another account. I have a second account that I play and only play the games I KNOW that I can get 100% on. It's nowhere near the level of this account. It's at level 13 right now. But seeing my account with every game at 100% is an awesome feeling! Plus it gives me reason to play through some amazing games all over again to earn the trophies and to see if I can do them faster! 

23 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

This^

Trophy hunting is just trying to find out how to unlock trophies and then accomplishing those things in games. I don't see how that gets destroyed by letting people delete the trophies they have on their profile..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Trophy hunting is just trying to find out how to unlock trophies and then accomplishing those things in games. I don't see how that gets destroyed by letting people delete the trophies they have on their profile..

Because they are removing a part of their history.

I think the only case where people can and should delete their trophies is if they earned a few trophies in stuff like Zen Pinball. The DLC was delisted long ago, and nobody goes for the 100 percent unless they're crazy dedicated. Removing a couple E ranks doesn't hurt.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus would be something I would never delete from my profile if I completely finished it.

Then again, the people in full support of this on this website aren't much of a trophy hunter to begin with. Those who are against this I see complete most of their games, including myself.

• Like 1

I believe we should be able to delete lists within a limit, say less than 10% or with a list of less than 5 trophies popped.

There must be thousands of games on people's lists that they give up on within an hour for one reason or another.

It will only be a small proportion of gamers that would be interested though as I guess the vast majority of gamers are not trophy hunters and don't care what trophies they have.

People deleting unfinished lists would make trophies/Platinums less rare too which would upset ultra rare hunters.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, captainskyhawk said:

I believe we should be able to delete lists within a limit, say less than 10% or with a list of less than 5 trophies popped.

There must be thousands of games on people's lists that they give up on within an hour for one reason or another.

It will only be a small proportion of gamers that would be interested though as I guess the vast majority of gamers are not trophy hunters and don't care what trophies they have.

People deleting unfinished lists would make trophies/Platinums less rare too which would upset ultra rare hunters.

Since I've read this argument quite a few times... Why recalculate the rarity? There is no need for that. Just don't show the game on my profile. Simple as that. I would imagine my PS5 profile being like a board I can pin games to.

To answer the original question - I would probably delete one game for which I have 100 % trophies. Kitten Squad ?

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

One game that my girlfriend played before she made her own profile and that I never cared to play, I'd delete that one; it's hidden, but I wish that I could just delete it because I didn't do it.  At least she never went for the Platinum though.  Other than that though, no.

On 5/11/2020 at 7:02 PM, Spaz said:

Because they are removing a part of their history.

I think the only case where people can and should delete their trophies is if they earned a few trophies in stuff like Zen Pinball. The DLC was delisted long ago, and nobody goes for the 100 percent unless they're crazy dedicated. Removing a couple E ranks doesn't hurt.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus would be something I would never delete from my profile if I completely finished it.

Then again, the people in full support of this on this website aren't much of a trophy hunter to begin with. Those who are against this I see complete most of their games, including myself.

I totally agree. Trophies would be pointless if they were to be watered down. There are rules to them, same as when you play a game (videogame or board game) if those rules are loosened, then the game in question loses its point.

I agree that some lists could be deleted, such those with impossible/bugged trophies, like Micromachines (I believe) which DLC was never released, but the trophy list was updated with new trophies.

Wanting to hide your trophies makes you a rookie trophy hunter. If you can't complete this or this game you chose to buy, then don't hide it. It'll be there on your profile to show that you couldn't complete it. Trophy lists show what the player has and HASN'T achieved.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bosstristan said:

I totally agree. Trophies would be pointless if they were to be watered down. There are rules to them, same as when you play a game (videogame or board game) if those rules are loosened, then the game in question loses its point.

I agree that some lists could be deleted, such those with impossible/bugged trophies, like Micromachines (I believe) which DLC was never released, but the trophy list was updated with new trophies.

Wanting to hide your trophies makes you a rookie trophy hunter. If you can't complete this or this game you chose to buy, then don't hide it. It'll be there on your profile to show that you couldn't complete it. Trophy lists show what the player has and HASN'T achieved.

I automatically dock points if they have hidden trophies. Somebody can have 100 percent completion but have thousands of hidden trophies. Doesn't mean much. A high percentage rate with no hidden trophies is a lot more impressive.

Agree with everything else you said.

• Like 3

No, if you earn a bronze medal in a sport or you get disqualified, it will stay in your record, you don't erase the medal, you embrace it. Trophies are just like that. The point of trophies is to show what you have completed and what you haven't. If the illminded deleted all the games that were too hard or cant be bothered finishing just so they have 100% completion? 

• Like 2