If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

On 1/14/2020 at 1:33 PM, Sicho said:

I'd delete all the games that I don't actually own (anymore) so that my profile list would be synchronous to my game collection.

That's weird. So if you lost a game in the future you'll delete it from your profile? And what about digital games?

1 hour ago, XXIIlII said:

That's weird. So if you lost a game in the future you'll delete it from your profile? And what about digital games?

I don't think it's weird. There are games on my list, like Fifa 11, that I never owned but friends played it on my account when I had a videogame night / LAN at my place. Of course they unlocked a trophy and since then, it's there even though I don't want it to be there.

Also, I used to write for a gaming site back in the day and had to test games so some of those are on my list as well. But they don't represent my taste, my collection or my "skill". Of course, I could have played them with an Alt Account to keep my list "clean" but back then, I didn't give a damn about trophies. Now that I care about them more, these entries in my list frustrate me.

And then there are games that either came bundled with my console or that I was genuinely interested in, but they turned out to be bad or not my taste and I have sold them a long time ago. They still show up there, and it bothers me.

To give you another point of view on this: If you were to come to my place and take a look a lt my movie collection, you would see a collection that I personally curated and that, in some form, represents me and what I like. The same is true for my videogame collection.

Now, we humans like to show off once in a while and therefore I like to show off my game collection online as well - can't have everybody visit me in real life haha ;) And for that, I have for example a Backloggery.com profile. But lots of people don't know about Backloggery. On the other hand, lots of people look at PSN Profiles and the trophy lists. And what they see there is not representative off my curated collection for the reason I stated above. Because it is simply EVERYTHING that was ever played on that account (and where a trophy was unlocked), for whatever reason it was played on there for.

Long story short: I don't want my trophy list to represent what I've been playing over my whole gaming career, I want it to represent my collection, the games I cherished after I played them without the games I discarded after playing them.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2019 at 5:38 PM, German_Atheist said:

Why would you wanna hide trophies if it wasn't for cheating? I've been around PSN for more than eleven years now and people never seem to get tired of making up new excuses for their behaviour. People, it's just video games. Ok? A hobby. A way to kill the time you have left until you die. That's it. You will not get a fucking medal for having the shiniest of all gaming collections, for having all trophies in Zen Pinball, or for being the quickest virtual gunslinger out there. Nobody cares but you. And if you care, well, check your priorities. It's just a hobby. If you hide trophies, everyone can see it. You're fake. A show-off. I've never hidden a single game and I never will. It's preposterous. And so is deleting trophies.

I'm in the same boat with you in considering this a hobby and all but you're a bit hard on the hiding part eh?

I care as much to just have a nice list of games I actually played and enjoyed - platinum or not - and hide those that I gave up after trying (Apotheon, Just Cause 4, Wolfenstein TNC...) Games I spent a couple of hours on (if that much) and never went back to. Not because they were hard or unobtainable but purely boring and uninteresting. Also the games that have double lists - Remasters of Uncharted series, TLOU, Bioshocks and similar come to mind. I personally never double-dip a platinum in a game that way.

Deleting the game and trophies as whole would be an interesting proposal. But if I can have one wish than maybe the ability to change your country on PSN first hahah

No. I still put in the time to get them. No matter what's wrong with me (If I'm horrible at it, and only unlock the trophy for starting the game) or the game (if a game decides mid playthrough that it's going to retire and freeze every time I load up the thing), I still did that. Boosts level as well, so why not?

• Like 1

I would delete 4 LittleBigPlanet 2 dlc trophies because I used a save date to get them when I was 14 years old. Now I have to hide the whole game on this site to be on the boards. Wouldn't mind earning them legit. Just didn't had a Move Controller and money back then :'(.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl
  • Like 2

I would delete games with closed servers, especially sports games I allowed friends to play on my profile, back when I didn’t care for it. However, I would hate to see everyone being 100%. It would take away a lot of value to the time some may have put into certain games. 

If this is ever implemented, It shouldn’t be a free for all. There should be a pool of games which can be deleted. Closed servers or games with delisted dlc. I also believe they should charge for it to deter any hackers from ruining your trophy list. They could also implement a recovery system for your trophies in case this does happen or you simply changed your mind. 

yes i would remove 2 games.  1 because it bugged out and could not continue the game at all. even after deleting and restarting the game fully from scratch the bug stayed. so i want to remove it from my list fully.  and blazeblue because  i thought it was a diff game and its not the type of game i like so would want it removed since i wont play it anyways

Actually, I would delete some of my pointless trophy hunting game trophies.

On the other side, Sony would be very stupid to implement such feature. Guess how many people would complain - justified - that their trophies got deleted?

Edited by lonny2001
  • Like 1

I wouldn't delete any trophies, even the ones from games I didn't enjoy playing that I only got a couple from, I like looking through my trophy list because it brings back memories from each game I've played, if that means seeing platinums that you're proud of next to some random game that you got 1 trophy for that you didn't like, then so be it :)

• Like 1

Yes. Several games on my profile I didn't actually play; my ex did. Luckily they didn't cheat on any games (in fact they barely started them), so they're not doing any harm sat there, but they bug me anytime I scroll that far down my games list because they're just not the sort of thing I'd ever play. :P 

Before I answer, I want to mention something I don't ever see people suggesting, when it comes to trophies.

At the very least, I wish Sony would allow you choose whether you want to have a trophy list for a game or not, when playing it for the first time. The way it is now.... you start up a game, try it, hate it.... then you can delete your 0%. But if you decided to give the game another try, you start it up and BAM! the trophy list is back on there.   What I want: start up the game, given the option to permanently delete the trophy list for the game (never being able to earn trophies for it (unless you uninstall and reinstall)). That way you can play a game without ever earning trophies or having the list on your profile. When it would come in handy: Online games. Say you have a sub account you play games on to avoid trophies, but then you get an online game that you want to play with all your buddies on your main account's friend list. This is where it would come in most handy.

Anyway, I would definitely delete trophies. Completion percentage means absolutely NOTHING, unless you have OCD (which is my case lol). Completion percentage is the LAST thing anyone should look at when measuring up a trophy list. I would rather have a ton of ultra rare trophies with a completion percentage of 50% and 5,000 trophies....... rather than a completion percentage of 100%,  hardly any ultra rares and like 50,000 trophies.   Which is exactly why I have no problem with the idea of being able to delete trophies from my list. Having 100% completion percentage doesn't mean anything (other than ocd), so I have no problem having a high completion percentage, even though I technically didn't "earn it". If completion percentage actually meant something, then I might not delete my trophies, as it would feel wrong to cheat my way to 100%

It bugs the crap out of me, having those 1%-5% games on my list that I find too insufferably boring to play. What's worse is that at least a couple of them have over 100 trophies (from all the DLC).... so even if I decided to try and platinum those games, i would still only have like a 50% completion on the games, because there's no way I'd be buying all that DLC for games I hate. So I'm at a point now, where I'm hoping.  I'm not worrying at all about my backlog, because I don't want to go spend hundreds of hours (most likely over 1,000 hours)  playing boring games, and then have Sony let us delete trophies. I only worry about completing new games I play now.

Really wish we could delete trophies. It wouldn't mess anything up from a technical stand point (subtracting % or Trophy level of your profile), it would just subtract whatever you earned when you delete it. Also, like i mentioned above, completion% doesn't mean anything. So being able to instantly get 100% wouldn't be a big deal.

• Like 1