If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

I would love this feature but it must be balanced to games that platinum has not been achieved and or games with trophies that are not available anymore.

I would eliminate 4 of the 5 games I've failed to platinum: FFXIII, FFXIII-2, GRFS and Wolf2.  BF BC1 I actually enjoyed, so I'd keep it.... maybe. 

Edited by Vizard-Ichigo--
  • Like 1

I guess it depends on what criteria PlayStation comes up with and what restrictions are in play. Giving us the option to choose and limit may be something to consider. Understanding the why behind the restriction now may change my thoughts on the matter too.

3 minutes ago, Startyde said:

It's very different. I those cases they still earned trophies, they didn't try to erase the past.

I really don't understand why people obsess. Trophies are a record of you gaming life, lumps and all. Even for unobtainable games, that suddenly doesn't mean you didn't play it at one point, took the time to unlock something. Def Jam Rapstar was unobtainable like a month after release, despite still being sold. I was never able to get the whole game after day one buying it, but that doesn't mean I now divorce myself from the reality that I once played Def Jam Rapstar. 

Do you think your self worth suddenly improves that you have a 100 percent completion rate on only the most 1337 and bro of games, trying to pass off the image that you didn't suck at something or give into playing Hanna Montanan years ago?

Be comfortable with who you are, and learn from the history of what you've done.

I would just delete games I didn't like. It has nothing to do with improving my completion percentages or showing off to others. I would delete platinums and 100% games too. I would just like to be able to look at my profile and it show only the games I liked and invested my time into. If you read my posts, you'd see all of the games I listed apart from Fallout New Vegas are really easy and not very good. Removing them might deflate my profile statistics.

• Like 2

Just now, DaikichiKawachi said:

I would just delete games I didn't like. It has nothing to do with improving my completion percentages or showing off to others. I would delete platinums and 100% games too. I would just like to be able to look at my profile and it show only the games I liked and invested my time into. If you read my posts, you'd see all of the games I listed apart from Fallout New Vegas are really easy and not very good. Removing them might deflate my profile statistics.

Would it not make more sense to expand the trophy cases and other "display features" of aggregation sites like PSNP to better tailor what you wish to display, rather than creating the digital mess of hacking up trophy logs?

I've had a couple games I've tried where I've earned a trophy or two just from regular gameplay before realizing it just wasn't for me and now my account is stuck with them so I'd be all for a way to remove them. Hiding them is just a patchwork way of addressing the problem and it's pretty silly Sony nor Microsoft let you do such a thing.

• Like 1

Just now, Startyde said:

Would it not make more sense to expand the trophy cases and other "display features" of aggregation sites like PSNP to better tailor what you wish to display, rather than creating the digital mess of hacking up trophy logs?

Yeah probably, but that's just as much a thought exercise as this is. There is currently no elegant solution to remove trophies you do not want to display and I have just as little control over changing it.

• Like 1

No way. The trophies are an image of a large part of my gaming history since trophies were introduced. Every console game I played since trophies became a thing is in my list, I like it that way. Why would I hide from people who look at my list which games I disliked (or are in my backlog)?

2 minutes ago, Gotakibono said:

I can imagine Sony maybe implementing a delete trophies features that allows you to delete between 3-5 games, and then a charge for each game after that. Adding a charge would prevent the small chance of someone hacking someone's profile and deleting every single one of their trophies.

Aye to this.

• Like 2

In the same vein of how you can delete games from your list that sit at 0%, perhaps there can be a cutoff from what’s delete-able and what isn’t.

For example any game that you got to 5% completion or under can still be deleted?  Anything 6% and above will follow what we have now as in you can’t delete it.  Not saying that example specifically needs to be the set % but just gives an idea.

Gives alittle leeway to determine if a game is truly for you or not without letting you get into the 10-20% range and than just saying “screw it” and deleting a game off your list.

Edited by MisterMystro
  • Like 2

Absolutely I would. Like I stated in other threads, I would love to clear up the clutter on my list, and be it just games that mean a damn to me. it would also make it easier for the PS3 to generate its trophy lists and instead of several minutes of loading.

Like you and others have mentioned, there are plenty of ways to discourage hackers deleting trophies, be it charging to delete, or imposing a timeframe ala the system deactivation to how often you could delete them.

• Like 1

Honestly the hide function is enough, at least for the tracking on this website. Going for high completion % is cool, but I really don't have the patience to "try" games for however long on an alt account and then if I feel the plat is worthwhile try on my main - I'm not knocking it but that sounds like an incredibly dull way to enjoy gaming. If I try something on my account, and end up not liking it, or if I feel like the trophies are more hassle than they're worth, then it gets hidden. I would, I guess, ultimately prefer a deletion option, but it doesn't ultimately really change my trophy hunting habits, especially on PSNProfiles, which is IMO far and away the best site to manage your backlog on playstation.

• Like 1

I would only delete games that i hardly have any trophies for, like my Hatsune miku game for which I have one trophy but hated it so never played it. I wouldnt delete games where Ive completed the story and got at least 40-50% of trophies even if I have no intention of the plat though as it's still trophies and points (e.g. FFX, Tales of Symphonia in my case).

I would love to delete the ones with just something like 7% trophy completion where I'm never going to bother with the plat (my Persona 4 Golden, Hatsune Miku Diva F and Disgaea D2)

Just like name change.  1st time free. 10$ afterwards each game....chance of breaking accounts. Lol Cause you know Sony cant gey it right...

I would only delete trophies where I've earned one trophy and am unable to get anymore out of them either because of server shutdown, not owning the game anymore, or loss of interest