If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

What is it about a PS5 that is so different than a PS4 or web browser that it gets special bits access to delete the gifs, but other things that see those same bits can't?

To answer the topic question: No, deleting trophy lists gives too much attention to something that shouldn't get that much attention.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SinisterPledge said:

Good thing I haven't defended that then, or I'd be in trouble. ;) They are different though. You're being cautions about what you add to your list, instead of regretting choices you've made down the line. Not saying I approve or would do that either.

My completion percentage is around 99.6%. It would be at 100% if LittleBigPlanet 2 didn't have a cross platform DLC. Point is I'm normally careful before starting a new game. I only created a couple alt accounts to boost trophies with myself on one game because I felt it'd be faster than creating a gaming session here.

As to OP's question, it'd probably make me more careless in the future. I'd prefer not to become careless. I like doing my research ahead of time. That said, I wouldn't mind it. I guess a better term is I'd be indifferent. I wouldn't even delete LBP2 to insure 100%. It's still a plat that I'm happy with.

• Like 1

I would like to delete some trophies because of few games i started and discovered they weren't for me but again this option won't be 100% good because of cheaters and the messing up of your milestones and what if you started a game and went in the middle of it you deleted the trophies then you started it again with the same save file probably would pop all those trophies again like cheating by using save files and that people may abuse that option so i suggest this should be done like you have only 5 games to delete or some sort.

14 minutes ago, azariaspice said:

I'd probably delete some I'll never finish for one reason or another and maybe some I just flat out enjoyed getting the platinum in and want to just do again.

Wonder how many people would take advantage of this to redo games with missing timestamps. :hmm: MW3 is too much of a pain in the ass for me to consider this a positive but maybe other people would like it for their games.

Pretty much any game that requires online multiplayer for platinum or 100% completion or those incomplete games/demos/free trials that you can earn trophies from but only downloaded to try out and didn't end up enjoying. Those are the ones I would delete, and maybe games I thought I could 100% easily but became a chore and don't wanna touch anymore. And also, fighting games. I love them to death but because the vast majority come with online trophies (and also bs amounts of microtransactions) I barely let myself buy and enjoy them in order to avoid the remorse of not being able to 100% them due to my principles on online trophies.

If this was an option from the beginning, I could've sold some bad games I got early in my PS4 library and didn't enjoy a bit without their trophies cluttering my list and adding to a harder-to-reach 100% completion rate on all games.

Otherwise,I'd keep all my trophies on, be it hard-to-get rare ones you can wear produly or the low-tier shameful ones if I beat dumb, easy and cheap games just for them. The rest of trophies in games I won't complete or didn't end up enjoying are just like fruit stains: they look bad and never go away.

• Like 2

I might delete a list here or there. Probably fifa 12 & some naruto game i have on my profile, mainly because those weren't started by myself. But i wouldn't want this feature either, how it is now, with hiding is perfect.

3 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I wish there was an elegant way to hide trophies that didn't lump you in with the cheaters.

Could always remove the blue H, to do away with the stigma that comes with hiding trophies.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Squirlruler said:

Should have added a poll to this. And no, I wouldn't. Would mess up my milestones.

I was going to but changed my mind and removed it before posting.

5 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Horrible idea, get hacked and bam lose everything.

Unless you can revert the option, I can see people spitefully abusing this to others

They would just have to follow the same rule they already have in place for deleting 0% trophy lists. It is removed from your profile until you play it again.

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

My own trophies? Nah, but I would delete other people's trophies they spent so long getting if I got the chance. All of them. Maybe we could organise trophy hit squads that break into the homes of individuals high on the leaderboards with the sole purpose of deleting their trophies. :devil:

The option to delete trophies is a bad idea. :P

I don't like this :/

If the option to delete trophies ever happens, trophies will be essentially useless. Especially when it comes to trophy tracking sites like this. Since most everyone will just have every plat, completely killing rarity. Otherwise, they'll just delete the list and it wont count against them.

I wouldn't delete mine, but I also would never pay attention to them either. I'd just turn off notifications and never bother going for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

It's weird because everybody is talking about wanting to delete trophies from games they didn't like or weren't able to finish, while I'd like to delete trophies in some games I really liked so I could earn them again.

Can’t you do that now, on an alternate account?

• Like 1

Yes, i 100% use it to delete games i regret ever playing which  and earning trophies in and some unobtainable that i don't care for anymore like Killzone 2. so my account would be a little better but it wouldn't ever be 100% since i wouldn't delete that much xD