If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

If it happens that would be the worst thing to ever happen to the trophy system cause there would be no point in maintaining a 100% profile cause everyone will be able to just delete their trophies and get their profile to 100% I mean I just created this new acc to keep it at 100% lol , plus a lot of hackers will get away with cheating since they can just delete their hacked trophies before they get detected 

17 minutes ago, AnAppealToHeaven said:

id delete all the 0% completion games for sure and also the MW2 platinum since i used the spec ops glitch to get the trophies. i have no problem playing the game again and doing it the right way when i got the platinum the first time on my old account

You can already delete your 0% completion games...

And nope, I wouldn't delete any of my trophies, aso some people says my trophy list is my journey, and nowadays I enjoy more trying to be a completionist that just getting a lot of trophies, and if you can delete the trophies that you want then all the completionist thing became bs because nearly everyone could have a 100% completion rate profile if they want...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

You can already delete your 0% completion games...

And nope, I wouldn't delete any of my trophies, aso some people says my trophy list is my journey, and nowadays I enjoy more trying to be a completionist that just getting a lot of trophies, and if you can delete the trophies that you want then all the completionist thing became bs because nearly everyone could have a 100% completion rate profile if they want...

tf... i cant believe im just finding about this now..... smdh

On the topic of completion percentages, which seems to be the biggest point of contention for those offering dissenting opinions. If I deleted every game that I didn't 100%, I'd only have about 60 games on my profile, half of which are unimpressive, dating back to 2012 and there would be long periods of inactivity. It would be easy to spot the people who complete every game and those that delete anything that they can't or don't want to complete. You still have to actually complete games to have a completionist profile. Nobody would be drooling at my profile, even if I tried that.

Edited by DaikichiKawachi

1 hour ago, AnAppealToHeaven said:

id delete all the 0% completion games for sure and also the MW2 platinum since i used the spec ops glitch to get the trophies. i have no problem playing the game again and doing it the right way when i got the platinum the first time on my old account

You can delete the 0% ones now already I thought. And with MW2, well just play it again on a alt account and you can still say you've done it legit to solve your current dilemna. 

There was a time I would have said yes but honestly it'd mess with my milestones & I can't be having that. Not only that but if they DID add that 100% profiles would be EXTREMELY easy to do then since they could just delete any game they can't 100% or don't feel like 100%'ing.

On 2019-05-08 at 11:22 AM, DaikichiKawachi said:

I wish there was an elegant way to hide trophies that didn't lump you in with the cheaters.

If PS5 offered the option to delete trophies I would probably cull about a quarter of all my earned trophies. Mostly I would just delete games I didn't really care for and that includes at least 3 platinums (Coffin Dodgers, Dying Reborn, The Little Acre). I would also delete my Sound Shapes stack because I don't like that I didn't really earn it a second time.

As long as I liked the game I would keep it, even those that I have an E ranking in but there has been a ton of games that I've tried, earned a few trophies in and decided I didn't like . There has also been games that others have started playing on my Playstation (Brave, Fallout New Vegas). Those would all go.

What do you guys think? Would you delete trophies if PS5 had that option? What would be your rules for deciding what is removed?

Trophies that lump you in with cheaters? Anyone who hacks systems to earn trophies can have their trophies reported and removed from this site. If you don't cheat yourself, then I wouldn't worry about the trophies you've earned that others have cheated to get. 

Edited by blake__306

50 minutes ago, blake__306 said:

Trophies that lump you in with cheaters? Anyone who hacks systems to earn trophies can have their trophies reported and removed from this site. If you don't cheat yourself, then I wouldn't worry about the trophies you've earned that others have cheated to get. 

That's not what I meant. The current solution to removing trophies from your profile that you don't want to display is to hide them. That is also what this site requires you do if you have been caught cheating. Therefore a lot of people, myself included, do not hide trophies because they don't want to give any inference that they have cheated.

Deleting trophies doesn't resolve that issue of course, because it gives people who have cheated a way to remove that mark against their profile but I'm sure the web designers here could find an appropriate solution. The current system inconveniences the many to punish the few and that is why it is inelegant.

5 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

That's not what I meant. The current solution to removing trophies from your profile that you don't want to display is to hide them. That is also what this site requires you do if you have been caught cheating. Therefore a lot of people, myself included, do not hide trophies because they don't want to give any inference that they have cheated.

Deleting trophies doesn't resolve that issue of course, because it gives people who have cheated a way to remove that mark against their profile but I'm sure the web designers here could find an appropriate solution. The current system inconveniences the many to punish the few and that is why it is inelegant.

I get a little suspicious whenever I see a profile with 1000+ trophies. There was a thing going on with hackers modding their PS3s to automatically get them trophies whenever they wanted. 

Anybody you see who has a platinum in 15 seconds outside of autopopping a stack with cross save is a cheater. They are usually gone from the leaderboards within the next couple days. Pretty sad that some people cheat just to inflate their trophy count, which is already quite pathetic considering all the easy stacks you can buy in just mere minutes on the PlayStation Store.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'd possibly just delete trophies for duplicate games on my account. For example, I have one solitary trophy earned for The Witcher 3.....I later traded up for the GOTY edition, which has a separate trophy list. I'd maybe delete the original game

Similarly, I have a few PS3 games each with one or two trophies earned, as I played for like an hour or two, that I later traded up to remastered PS4 versions and have either finished or plan to. I'd maybe get rid of the PS3 versions from my account.

Other than that, games on my account that are incomplete because I didn't enjoy enough to complete don't really bother me that much. 

• 2 weeks later...

I spit in my own face that I didn't made an alternate account for testing out PS Plus games... So many of them turned out to be garbage after 5 minutes of game time, but of course, I got 6 trophies during that time..

I think there's a honest difference between enjoyable challenges in getting the platinum trophy versus unenjoyable ones.  Let's face it:  it's on you to note when you have hit a limit with a game and decide that you will never, ever play it again, even if you had all the free time to do so.

As far as I'm concerned, I study up on a game that interests me, then decide if I want to dedicate the effort to get the platinum or not.  If I don't, then I don't buy it.  But back in the day, I remember getting PSN games free on say a PS+ trial, only to play through, get a trophy, and then decide the game wasn't for me.  I appreciate the option to hide trophies, but that would be the kind of trophy I'd just axe anyway.

So, if PS5 gives users that option, let 'em decide personally.  

• Like 2

I wouldn't delete any of my trophies but i would love to be able to delete any dlc trophy icons for dlc I don't own off my account!. I'm a strong believer that trophy icons should only appear on your account if you own then play the dlc.

i really love the option, but I have some concerns; If they add the ability to delate any trophy. What happen if you are "hacked" and he delate ALL... we can return in back?

I personality wanna this option, in my case i have a "chilean" account and some games (like Gravity Rush Psvita) don't have they DLC... soo i don't like it. i wanna delate it.

its i great game but i can't get the 100% because in the CL PSN we don't have all the things like US PSN or EU PSN.

Same with old game, now i have almost 1000 trophies hiden, only because i share my ps3/4 with my brother and he play the game for a few weeks and he sell it and buy a new one

i know, i can create a new user to my brother but... i really don't wanna lol

so... yes i wanna this option on ps5. hahahaha