If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

On 5/9/2019 at 0:32 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

Yeah, I have young kids in my house and even though I've created profiles for them they just don't get it/care and load up stuff on my profile all the time. Usually it's just for TV but occasionally they'll start a game.

My son is the exact opposite - he loves having his own profile. If we're going to play something together, he absolutely insists we play on his profile as the main. 

Have you since password protected your profile?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

My son is the exact opposite - he loves having his own profile. If we're going to play something together, he absolutely insists we play on his profile as the main. 

Have you since password protected your profile?

No. Have you tried typing with a DualShock? It's not worth the hassle for myself lol.

• Like 1

Why would you wanna hide trophies if it wasn't for cheating? I've been around PSN for more than eleven years now and people never seem to get tired of making up new excuses for their behaviour. People, it's just video games. Ok? A hobby. A way to kill the time you have left until you die. That's it. You will not get a fucking medal for having the shiniest of all gaming collections, for having all trophies in Zen Pinball, or for being the quickest virtual gunslinger out there. Nobody cares but you. And if you care, well, check your priorities. It's just a hobby. If you hide trophies, everyone can see it. You're fake. A show-off. I've never hidden a single game and I never will. It's preposterous. And so is deleting trophies.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

No. Have you tried typing with a DualShock? It's not worth the hassle for myself lol.

I meant the 4-digit passcode/PIN you can set up when selecting a profile on the PS4. It just assigns digits 0-9 to buttons on the DualShock, there's no typing. Or does this happen on a PS3? I haven't set up any password protection on that system, so I'm not familiar with how it works there.

8 minutes ago, Angelo Urkel said:

Why would you wanna hide trophies if it wasn't for cheating? I've been around PSN for more than eleven years now and people never seem to get tired of making up new excuses for their behaviour. People, it's just video games. Ok? A hobby. A way to kill the time you have left until you die. That's it. You will not get a fucking medal for having the shiniest of all gaming collections, for having all trophies in Zen Pinball, or for being the quickest virtual gunslinger out there. Nobody cares but you. And if you care, well, check your priorities. It's just a hobby. If you hide trophies, everyone can see it. You're fake. A show-off. I've never hidden a single game and I never will. It's preposterous. And so is deleting trophies.

I hid Tron so I didn't have to look at it when I was scrolling through my own trophy lists. I didn't realize I needed an excuse for not cheating it but not wanting to be reminded of it. I unhid it when I was having syncing problems with some other games, but caring about what other people thought about my hidden, non-cheated trophies didn't even register on my list of concerns. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I meant the 4-digit passcode/PIN you can set up when selecting a profile on the PS4. It just assigns digits 0-9 to buttons on the DualShock, there's no typing. Or does this happen on a PS3? I haven't set up any password protection on that system, so I'm not familiar with how it works there.

Oh, I just assumed that's how it was. It may be worth looking into then.

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I hid Tron so I didn't have to look at it when I was scrolling through my own trophy lists. I didn't realize I needed an excuse for not cheating it but not wanting to be reminded of it. I unhid it when I was having syncing problems with some other games, but caring about what other people thought about my hidden, non-cheated trophies didn't even register on my list of concerns. 

Again, just in case you forgot: It's just videogames. It's irrelevant. Syncing problems? Well, back luck. Shit happens. It doesn't hurt anyone. Focus on the fun things. You could get struck by a frozen turd dropped by a plane any day. Wear your hard hat. Or perform a hard reset and create a new PSN account. Without Tron. It doesn't matter. It's just games.

1 minute ago, Angelo Urkel said:

Again, just in case you forgot: It's just videogames. It's irrelevant. Syncing problems? Well, back luck. Shit happens. It doesn't hurt anyone. Focus on the fun things. You could get struck by a frozen turd dropped by a plane any day. Wear your hard hat. Or perform a hard reset and create a new PSN account. Without Tron. It doesn't matter. It's just games.

What..? You have a problem with other people hiding games so everyone else shouldn't do it so you don't get upset? It's just video games, why is there such a big deal about hiding games? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Oh, I just assumed that's how it was. It may be worth looking into then.

Yeah I'd recommend it. Once you get used to punching in your PIN a few times you can do it without even thinking about it.

Regarding deleting games, I think the only time I'd ever want to do that would be if somebody else had played games under my profile. But fortunately, that's never happened to me. I like being able to see and look back on my gaming history, the good and the bad (that's one of the things I use this site for the most). If the feature were to be added, I wouldn't use it unless my son figured out my PIN and started playing games on my profile.

• Like 3

yes. I'd actually delete some platinums, like the auto popped Sound Shapes and the ones that are 'missing timestamps'

I started a lot of ps3 and vita games with no intention to play them, so I'd delete these, plus the ps3  games I re bought for ps4

7 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

What..? You have a problem with other people hiding games so everyone else shouldn't do it so you don't get upset? It's just video games, why is there such a big deal about hiding games? 

Because it's pointless. The games are still there. They won't go away. Ever. Deal with it. Hiding trophies to raise the visible completion rate is pretty much the same as putting socks into your underwear to give the impression of having a huge dick. Again, it's preposterous.

Just now, Angelo Urkel said:

Because it's pointless. The games are still there. They won't go away. Ever. Deal with it. Hiding trophies to raise the visible completion rate is pretty much the same as putting socks into your underwear to give the impression of having a huge dick. Again, it's preposterous.

That doesn't apply to my situation at all. But if you need to shoehorn everything in to your binary scenarios, you go ahead and do that.

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

That doesn't apply to my situation at all. But if you need to shoehorn everything in to your binary scenarios, you go ahead and do that.

You don't get it, do you? I'm talking about accepting irrelevant things. Tron is still linked to your account and visible on your PS4. It's still there. Hiding it from the public is just pointless cosmetics. IT WILL NOT GO AWAY! Even praying to the Tooth Fairy won't change that fact. I feel like I'm talking to a little kid that refuses to accept that Satan Klaus™ is just a fictional character.

Edited by Angelo Urkel

26 minutes ago, Angelo Urkel said:

You don't get it, do you? I'm talking about accepting irrelevant things. Tron is still linked to your account and visible on your PS4. It's still there. Hiding it from the public is just pointless cosmetics. IT WILL NOT GO AWAY! Even praying to the Tooth Fairy won't change that fact.I feel like I'm talking to a little kid that refuses to accept Satan Klaus is just a fictional character.

I just wanted it out of my view, which it was. Cosmetically missing was my goal. You bring up completion percentages, which I have no concern for. What is so difficult to understand about that?

Edited by DaivRules

Woo! Getting spicy in here.

Nah, deleting trophies to make your 100%  figure look better? A bit sad. Like exaggerating your bust, manhood, salary, whatever. It's just lying to yourself. Also, just like kissing that ugly kid in school, it's all part of the journey, warts and all. 

Silly example, I'm proud of getting platinum on Leisure suit larry box office bust. It was voted one of the worst games ever, but, having started it, I saw it through to it's miserable, clunky end. It's the kind or game people hide, but it reminds me of the struggle and the victory.

Edited by TheMightyImp2
  • Like 1

Yes! Sometimes I play a game just to try it out and then I get like 5 trophies for it before I quit and it can get annoying even though i don't care for trophies much :D So I think it would be  an ever better addition to the people who actually care a lot about that stuff :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angelo Urkel said:

You don't get it, do you? I'm talking about accepting irrelevant things. Tron is still linked to your account and visible on your PS4. It's still there. Hiding it from the public is just pointless cosmetics. IT WILL NOT GO AWAY! Even praying to the Tooth Fairy won't change that fact. I feel like I'm talking to a little kid that refuses to accept that Satan Klaus™ is just a fictional character.

Your opinion is valid but you can make it without putting people down. You aren't going to sway anybody's opinion, much less a moderators, with insults.

• Like 1

It would help to clear games from your list you don't plan to ever play again so I like the idea :)

Maybe even add the option to delete games from your games list, not only trophy list. (Of course, only if you haven't earned any trophies for it) 

• Like 1

A big part of what I like about trophies is that it provides a record of your video game journey.  The only reason I'm semi-loyal to Sony platforms is because it lets me have all my data in one place, without creating spreadsheets (or filling notebooks, which is how I used to do it #80'skid).

So, deleting trophies is counterproductive to me.  But, it seems like a nice feature for people who want it.  However, Sony doesn't seem to care much about the trophy system.