If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

On 6/14/2019 at 4:45 AM, Akatsuki_1990 said:

I wish there were ways to just disable trophies on games you didnt want to hunt for. I would play the bioshock series finally.

why not play as a guest on your ps4? you don't even have to create a different account 

Edited by TalalHmd
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Yes I would definitely love this feature, also a feature to rename, change font, background image, Hell even let us alter each games list thumbnail, why not I say, ps should be focusing on more customisation, one of my biggest problems with PlayStation is that it just feels so... Sony, nothing is customisable and for an interface I spend my life looking at, it sucks a little, in terms of deleting trophies, there’s like 4 fifa games on my list my friend used to bring around so we could all play while we got half drunk before a night out etc, so these aren’t even my games yet I’m at 4% and can’t delete, also games where servers have closed and the plat is unobtainable, I’d rather delete and lose the rank gained from the 35/50 trophies I earned, than keep it on my list at 65% forever, until the trophies start giving correct points for each game rank is pointless anyway, what I mean by that is, a game like Elite Dangerous which takes well over 300-400h to platinum will give the SAME points as My Name Is Mayo, doesn’t make sense, mayo takes what, 30mins to plat? I could plat mayo 600-800 times in the time it takes to plat 1 game like ED so points earned should adjust accordingly, leaderboards would change dramatically, think this is something Xbox already does also, I probably won’t even buy a ps5 with no customisation options or ability to sort my trophy list properly 

Yeah, absolutely. Stuff like Destiny of Spirits, NBA 2K14 etc. - anything with unobtainables due to dead servers. Sadly I think the chances of this ever happening are pretty remote, not just from a network infrastructure point of view but also the risk of someone deleting all of your earned trophies.

What would be nice would be the option to permanently hide titles from your trophy list. So, they're not gone forever, but unless you check the box to add them back onto your profile you never have to see all of those 3% completions ever again either... ? That shouldn't be that difficult, right?

There's not too many I would delete, but there are a few. Namely games I earnt a few trophies in, but have since sold off, given away or deleted (if digital) because I really didn't like them, though thankfully those are far and few between. Most of the games sitting in my trophies that have 0% or an otherwise very low percentage are just part of my seemingly infinite backlog.

I'd also like to delete my trophies for the PS3 versions of MGS2 and 3. I had no idea at the time that copying my saves from the Vita version would cause a bunch of trophies to pop for the PS3 version, I just wanted to back up my saves. Not all of them popped for MGS3 for whatever reason though so I didn't get a double plat, but it's honestly kinda put me off ever properly replaying the game for a "legit" double plat because most of the work has already been done for me. I know it's my fault for not really looking into it prior, but it wasn't something I expected to happen since I haven't exactly gotten trophies pop for different versions of games just for copying over cross saves or whatever (though most of those games share a trophy list anyway).

I just hope that maybe Konami will port the Metal Gear Solid games to PS5 eventually, since all they seem to do nowadays is port their old games anyway.

Even if it fcked up my milestones, I would still delete them, Idc anyway as long as I deleted all of those games I dont like Minecraft and Telltale games

I could also delete them and redoing them just for fun. Or at least arrange them in order so its looks nice

I have a couple of things I wouldn't mind deleting. Back in the day, before I started paying attention to my completion percentage...I had this mentality of, even if I suck at the game and don't want to play it anymore...I should attempt to get at least 1 or 2 trophies to show I tried. So games such as Street Fighter IV, PAIN and Max Payne 3...I would prefer to get rid of those. 

Then you have something like Free Realms. It was a game with a monthly subscription service...you could play a glorified demo version of it if you didn't pay, but you couldn't earn trophies. So I decided to check it out. And after about 20 minutes of playing, a trophy popped. It was a strange glitch that wasn't supposed to happen...and I've been stuck with that 1% game on my profile ever since. 

Anything else I would keep. I don't need a 100% completion on my profile...it's just these select few that I feel like are blemishes I wish I could get rid of. 

Yes I have some games on my list that my brother and cousins "accidentally" or more properly without thinking much about it got on my profile by selecting it for quite a few (mostly NHL) games that I have never touched. Brought my consoles to family gatherings many times in the past. Hope they implement this on day!

Personally, I feel that the ability to delete trophies would make high completion rates far less impressive.  I have no desire to delete any trophy from my list, even games that I never plan to go back to.  It would feel like trying to rewrite history to try and hide the truth to me, and I want no part of it.  I can see why many would want a feature like it, but it simply isn't for me.

• Like 2