If PS5 allowed you to delete trophies, would you do so?

DaikichiKawachi

Agree, with others that this is my gaming history so it ALL stays, missed trophies because of glitches, servers being shut down unexpectedly, games I did not enjoy or have the time to play, etc.

Allowing folks to delete trophy lists is asking for trouble.  Imagine when someone gets an ultra rare plat erased from a hacker or unintentionally does it themselves.   

And yeah, it would totally mess up relative trophy rarity %’s on this site.  And your own milestones.

• Like 2

I've said this for years everytime a thread about deleting trophies pops up. Deleting trophies will get rid of most of their value, and make them largely pointless. Especially for trophy hunters. Rarity will mean absolutely nothing, because people can just delete trophies. So the numbers will never be accurate. 100% profiles will mean absolutely nothing, because anyone could just go through and delete all their unfinished lists. The fact that they're permanent gives them a lot more meaning. 

• Like 3

I probably wouldn't since it would screw up my trophy  milestone list.
Although Wouldn't mind deleting Okami from my list so it can be my 100th platinum instead.
Kind of wish I though further ahead on that one or if I waited long enough before earning platinums and make Okami my first.
Maybe Okami will be re-re-released on Playstation 5 with a Separate trophy list if I am lucky.
And the only other reason I would delete trophies is if someone hacks it onto my account, since I don't want hacked trophies on my profile either.

Edited by Nightstream88
  • Like 2

Mostly no. There are a couple exceptions however.  There are a number of games that give you trophies just for starting the game.  I now use my wife's account if I just want to try a game, but when I first started out there were a couple of games I borrowed from a friend that I booted up and then never played more than 10 minutes.  The reason I would delete them is because this site's trophy adviser is now not super helpful to me. For the first three pages or so it recommends games that I only have one completely meaningless trophy for.

I would love this option and would easily delete all of my 1% trophy lists. Although I might get around to completing one or two of those eventually. I’ve had my eyes on Battlefield 1, I should be able to get most of it done during my two weeks off work soon.

Well yes, but actually no.

There are some games I would like to delete, BUT, I am sure PSNP comes up with a purple D, or whatever, on the trophysite. I mean, we cannot even hide games without the site telling everyone that we have hidden games... If that would be not the case, I would simply hide them. But yeah... The H is embarrassing enough. Do not want to have a D on my profile.

I don't have anything I'd delete on my current account (since it'd screw up my milestones), but if I was still on my old one... yeah, there would be a ton I'd delete on that one (including over 1000 missing timestamp trophies). I'd still welcome the option though, it'd allow me to be a lot more carefree about what I start playing. :hmm:

Edited by Masamune

I think it's a terrible idea because it wouldn't reflect your real gaming history and only show what you want that will most likely a 100% completion profile which defeats the purpose of your trophy hunting history.

However if they did introduce this I would think a max cap will be a good idea like for instance you can only delete 3 games with trophies involved on your profile (I'm looking at you Batman: Arkahm Asylum) ?. Other than that nope.

Edited by ZachBoardyHD

Re-replying, months later, after becoming wiser... 

Heck no how else would I brag with my crap unobtainable PES2015 list then? xD achieving perfection is boring, I must always strive to reach it without actually getting it, else life is not fun. 

Way too much philosophy on a trophy hunting site lol. 

If this was possible then almost everyone would become a completionist overnight at the touch of a button ?

Honestly I probably wouldn't like to see something like this get implemented. I would prefer to see servers for games staying up longer to avoid unobtainable MP trophies. I would prefer to see games having more rigid testing when it comes to trophies to ensure that they actually work correctly. It's amazing how often trophies happen to be glitched or bugged, sometimes permanently and never getting patched. How hard is it to get right? These for example would be much better options than being able to delete trophies. There is always the alt account option you can use if you wish to test games first.

Not to mention if this did happen then I guarantee you there would be some idiots who would end up deleting their entire trophy lists by accident and then complain and whine incessantly about it to Sony and you would get countless threads about it 

Of course, I have like 7 games with a few % that I played for once when I wasn't even a trophy hunter and 5 of them have unobtainable platinum anyways. That's the biggest feature I'm waiting for to come out with ps5

Edit: And also I would delete my name is mayo and slyde. That was a mistake ?

Edit 2: People there are saying it's a terrible idea because everyone would have a 100%. What? You can already hide your trophies so everyone can have a 100%. In this case that wouldn't change much. It would change your trophy list when you would be looking on it directly from your account. 

Edited by KoDaX12
  • Like 1

Nah I wouldn't. My entire count is a reflection of the games I've played since trophies were a thing, whether they're 1% done or platinums I think it just dilutes the collection when you can take out the bits you don't like. But each to their own, they don't mean anything at the end of the day and if it makes people happier hiding/deleting them then power to em.

Yes i would love to delete those games trophies which are now unobtainable such as the last of us on ps3,little big planet karting and some others i hope we get some update on this whether on ps4 or on ps5 ,but you can still delete trophies if its at 0% in your trophy list on ps4 but not after that if its 1or 2 per cent you cant delete those

Edited by hamzanawaz203