NekoRave

That damn brid

19 posts in this topic

I'm looking forward to playing Ninja gaiden on the PS4. I hate that damn bird, this game brings back painful memories

Is this really the Nes version? 

1 hour ago, Vergil said:

Is this really the Nes version? 

As the game's title suggests, this is indeed the arcade version of Ninja Gaiden.

6 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

As the game's title suggests, this is indeed the arcade version of Ninja Gaiden.

Ohh wow. Never thought this would happen! 

Shadow Warriors as we know it in the UK. If it's that version then I'm buying right away!

7 hours ago, NekoRave said:

I'm looking forward to playing Ninja gaiden on the PS4. I hate that damn bird, this game brings back painful memories

Damn brid? Bird? Perhaps you mean bridge?

[edit] No this isn't the NES version, Hamster Archives as far as I know bring out arcade games, not NES games.

Edited by enaysoft

Birbs free points trick

giphy.gif

Also this is not the NES version, it's the Arcade one and it have some different things to it but I think people mentioned that already : ]

Just bought and completed Ninja Gaiden, I had forgotten how tough the arcade game was, well I remember it being difficult anyway.

I think a fair few people might struggle with the hi score trophy as you need to at least complete the first stage in 2 lives in order to have enough score for the score boards, otherwise you're looking at having to complete the whole game in 1 credit for the other trophies, you can abuse save states for that though.

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Just bought and completed Ninja Gaiden, I had forgotten how tough the arcade game was, well I remember it being difficult anyway.

I think a fair few people might struggle with the hi score trophy as you need to at least complete the first stage in 2 lives in order to have enough score for the score boards, otherwise you're looking at having to complete the whole game in 1 credit for the other trophies, you can abuse save states for that though.

Saves? Psssh that's the tutorial level ;p

The splash image for the game is misleading you to think this is the NES version. I never played the arcade version, which is a completely different format than the NES version, but how hard could it be, right? 😂

Does it also have the Continue Screen with the saw blade slowly coming down on you?

I remember this being hard as hell in the Arcade...

Yeah, the splash screen is completely wrong on this site, and should be fixed so people don't think they're getting the NES version.  From what I remember of the arcade version, the only way to survive and get very far is to abuse this move where you jump over them and grab and throw them over and over.  Also it had a funky little joystick with a button on top of the joystick.

26 minutes ago, MrBeens said:

Yeah, the splash screen is completely wrong on this site, and should be fixed so people don't think they're getting the NES version.

I will admit I saw the bird and got triggered.

Never played to arcade version but it's much shorter than the NES.

9 hours ago, sword_of_omens said:

Does it also have the Continue Screen with the saw blade slowly coming down on you?

I remember this being hard as hell in the Arcade...

Yes it does!

Oops! Sorry about the banner image - fixed!

You may have to press Ctrl + Shift + R on the trophy list to see the changes