soulxsociety

Platinum (glitched?)(PS4)

12 posts in this topic

So I have seen some posts that trophies are not popping up after completing the requirmants. Are there glitched trophies? I also noticed that it has a low completion percentage for a story based game witch is concerning.

Most problems were fixed when I played the game, you are good to go.

The low completion rate is due to the need of 2 controllers to get the platinum and needing to do around 3 playthroughs, play the same chapters 5 times (it takes 1 hour each turn) and watching the credits to the end for every final you need to do. 

Not a very fun game to platinum

6 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

Most problems were fixed when I played the game, you are good to go.

The low completion rate is due to the need of 2 controllers to get the platinum and needing to do around 3 playthroughs, play the same chapters 5 times (it takes 1 hour each turn) and watching the credits to the end for every final you need to do. 

Not a very fun game to platinum

There is no second player on the PS4 version, so that was removed, also, on PS4, you didnt have to watch to the end of the credits. But I agree with the three playthroughs and each chapter multiple times. If you play blind on your first playthrough it can be even longer and frustrating, it can be completed in about 20-25 hours, with no way to make things go faster. 

I've recently finished it myself getting the platinum for the game on the ps4 & had no problems with any of the trophies popping

36 minutes ago, bruin-rocks said:

There is no second player on the PS4 version, so that was removed, also, on PS4, you didnt have to watch to the end of the credits. But I agree with the three playthroughs and each chapter multiple times. If you play blind on your first playthrough it can be even longer and frustrating, it can be completed in about 20-25 hours, with no way to make things go faster. 

Um, there is definitely the trophy requiring a second player on PS4. It's called Together Til the End and requires you to play the game in duo mode. It is the reason I don't have the platinum.

1 minute ago, AmarisSkye said:

Um, there is definitely the trophy requiring a second player on PS4. It's called Together Til the End and requires you to play the game in duo mode. It is the reason I don't have the platinum.

This^

The PS3 and PS4 trophy lists are identical and that includes having to finish the game in Duo Mode. The Duo Mode trophies are called "Two Souls" and "Together Till the End", both of which require either the use of a second controller or the incredibly buggy Duo App. Also note that on the PS4, you can play the game in Chronological order to make things go a lot faster.

Yep it glitched for me. At least the all endings trophy did, despite me meeting the requirements for it. Still a good game imo

Posted (edited)

When I platted this a few months back, I didn't have any issues with glitched trophies. That said, some of the requirements to achieve said trophies are pretty tedious. In particular, Entities Master and Medicine Girl requires you to hit every QTE with precise timing. The former especially since it spans across multiple chapters in order to achieve it. I used the guide on PSNProfiles to a tee, as it laid out a pretty efficient path for the platinum. I do feel that it needs to include the fact that the QTEs have to be done perfectly. Getting the trophies mentioned isn't enough for Entities Master.

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit

The trophy lists for Quantic Dream games seem like they are designed to suck all of the fun out of the experience. They make you play and play and play it in every possible way. I really enjoy all of their games but by the time I'm done with the trophies I am sick of it. That is my best explanation for the low completion percentages.

Posted (edited)

OMG, all the misinformation in this thread...  I wish I had checked this out a few months ago when I intended to replay this game instead of now, after just getting the plat on PS4.  Oh well, here goes...

On 5/9/2019 at 8:23 AM, bruin-rocks said:

So pretty much all of this is wrong.  DUO mode is still present on the PS4 version and required for 2 trophies.  The game only requires 1+ playthrough.  It could be 1 2/3 if you play in original order, but it's only about 1 1/3 if you play remix order.  This is because you have to chapter select with save enabled from the 'Homeless' chapter to the 'Epilogue' to kill all or save all (opposite of first playthrough).  Since there's 26 chapters and Homeless is 11th in the original order (replaying 16 of 26 chapters) and 17th in the remixed order (replaying 10 of 26 chapters), and some of the longest chapters in the game, like The Mission, have to replayed in the original order, it's much faster to play remix from the start.  Either way you shake it, it's far less than 3 playthroughs.  On the issue of watching the credits, I did this cause I saw countless people saying they didn't get credit for the ending when they skipped the credits.  Since I can't confirm either way as I didn't skip them, I can't say if this part of your statement is accurate or not.  But because there's a lot of complaints out there from people saying the opposite, I'd say it's worth watching them.  This is hardly the worst part of the replays too, as the credits are pretty short for this game.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:14 AM, maiathewinners said:

Again, 3 playthroughs is not needed.  The only chapter you have to replay 5 times is Black Sun for all the endings.  Embassy requires 3 replays, but one of those you can finish it in about 30 seconds.  A couple others require 2 replays, but most of them happen in your save all/kill all replay of Homeless to the Epilogue.  Also I did this last night and Black Sun shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes if you crit path, which after the first time, you'll probably want to do anyway.

On 5/9/2019 at 9:13 AM, Miles_Warren said:

Yep it glitched for me. At least the all endings trophy did, despite me meeting the requirements for it. Still a good game imo

There is no 'glitch' with the endings, if you didn't get the trophy, you didn't do something right.  Could be you didn't see all the scenes cause you missed an ending, or maybe you didn't enable saves when doing each ending.  This (below) is what you have to do, guaranteed and confirmed, I just did it last night.

Endings:

1. Play game to the end, save all (6) characters, Choose 'Life', then 'Alone'.

2. At menu, click 'Continue', choose 'Zoey'

3. At menu, click 'Continue', choose 'Jay'

4. At menu, click 'Continue', choose 'Ryan'

5. At menu, select 'Chapters', then 'Black Sun', enable saves, save both characters in this chapter, choose 'Beyond'

6. At menu, select 'Chapters', then 'Black Sun', enable saves, save both characters in this chapter (though I don't think this matters, it is what I did), let Jodie die by failing QTEs fighting entities while walking towards the black sun

7. At menu, select 'Chapters', then 'Homeless', enable saves, kill all (6) characters, choose 'Beyond'

8. At menu, select 'Chapters', then 'Black Sun', enable saves, kill both characters in this chapter, choose 'Life', then 'Alone'

The 'Saw all Endings' trophy popped on the Epilogue stats screen.  These are the 8 endings you need to complete to show you all 24 different epilogue scenes.  You do NOT need to repeat Zoey or Jay, as the endings are the same.  As I mentioned above, I recommend watching the credits to the end (you'll be returned to the main menu afterward) as there are numerous reports skipping them will not count the ending.

I took some breaks in between, but this process, on Remixed took me about 16 hours.

On an unrelated, but important note.  I did use 2 controllers to get the DUO trophies, but I want to say that there is a 'Game Mode' option on the main menu.  ANYTIME you leave the game, whether exiting to main menu or turning game off and restarting, BEFORE you continue or chapter select, go to the game mode option and switch to DUO mode and assign each controller.  I actually have Plat on both the PS3 and PS4 version of this game, and it was the same way on both.  On PS4, I used my main account for Jodie and a guest login for Aiden and it worked just fine.  I never tried the app.

Hopefully this will help anyone else who goes after this Plat going forward.

Edited by Matto_lsi

@Matto_lsi I still don’t think you need a second controller, you can simply switch user and use one single controller the whole game and when it becomes Aidens turn you switch back to account 2 and play his part, that’s what I did. You can also connect a phone via remote play, a Vita works for this also. All you need is a second account, which is free to make.

If you play blind and don’t see the “co-op” trophy then you need AT LEAST 2 playthroughs. Theres also a trophy for saving everyone that can be easily missed, and one for letting everybody die and going with them to the Infraworld, if your first playthrough was blind these are easily missable. It can easily become a 3+ playthrough game. Not everyone looks at a guide prior to playing. 

But you are correct, if you want to ruin everything then 1.33 playthroughs is possible like you said. 

19 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

@Matto_lsi I still don’t think you need a second controller, you can simply switch user and use one single controller the whole game and when it becomes Aidens turn you switch back to account 2 and play his part, that’s what I did. You can also connect a phone via remote play, a Vita works for this also. All you need is a second account, which is free to make.

If you play blind and don’t see the “co-op” trophy then you need AT LEAST 2 playthroughs. Theres also a trophy for saving everyone that can be easily missed, and one for letting everybody die and going with them to the Infraworld, if your first playthrough was blind these are easily missable. It can easily become a 3+ playthrough game. Not everyone looks at a guide prior to playing. 

But you are correct, if you want to ruin everything then 1.33 playthroughs is possible like you said. 

That's fine, you didn't say you didn't need a second controller, you said there wasn't a second player on PS4, implying either the game didn't have the mode, or it was removed when ported to PS4.  As far as controllers and profiles go, I can't say what does or doesn't work, just that it's important to note DUO game mode is something you need to enable and is required for 2 trophies.

This may sound as snarky as your statement that 1.33 playthroughs 'ruins everything', but this is a forum dedicated to game information and trophy hunting.  I'd argue that doing multiple full playthroughs of this game ruins it more than an extra 1/3 of a playthrough.  And the person you agreed with stating 3 playthroughs is needed said just that.  Not that you could do it in less, but that - and I quote - ' needing to do around 3 playthroughs'.  You certainly do not need to do 3.  You can, but you don't need to.  We're talking about what's required.  1 1/3 or 1 2/3 (depending on original or remix) is required.  And even if you mess up, the character deaths are mostly later in the game.  Just chapter select and play from there with saves enabled.  And considering the game really pushes you toward saving each character (it's not required, but it's kinda awkward not to in most instances, especially on the Homeless chapter), you'd only need to replay a handful of chapters if you let some of them die.  On top of that, this is a years old port of a 6 year old game.  If you're worried about spoilers or ruining the game by using a guide, you're a little late and frankly in the wrong place.  Most people who care about getting the Plat will consult a guide anyway, those who don't care about trophies won't be doing more than one playthrough either.